Page 138 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I like Adam's controversial origins. I think it makes for a great source to draw ideas/storylines from. I think Adam might have some regrets about hanging up his uniform when he did and now a part of him might be looking for redemption. I also liked the tension between him and Luke in MA's. Voodoo and T'Challa is great also and I definitely think the two of them can both benefit from more team-ups. I want to see Voodoo and T'Challa take on some mystical threats together. Voodoo and Shuri would also make for a great team-up now that she has her Griot abilities. The two of them going on some sort of mystical journey to Djalia and then working with the Orisha/Loa would be fun.

Also in terms of World's Finest team-ups for comics, I'm always going to go with BP+Storm as the best choice for me. The two already work well together as a team since they know each other so well and with Storm's newfound god-hood she could potentially reach Thor's level of power.

For the MCU, I would want BP & Voodoo. Although like you all mentioned he along with Monica and Adam can get sidelined very quickly.
    Adam has a great origin, which I think potentially could make for a cool TV show (not sure they could jam it all into a 2 hour movie). Problem being his name and gimmick might sort of overlap with Carol to the point where he might come off a bit derivative.

Monica is debuting in Captain Marvel, and we saw Voodoo's brother in what I believe was a deleted scene in Dr. Strange. So odds are descent both of them will show up in the MCU sooner or later. Wouldn't be at all surprising if they interact with T'Challa at some point. Avenger movies tend to bring the heroes together.

Count me in as someone who wants a T'Challa & Miles Morales team-up. I think it is long overdue.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Adam has a great origin, which I think potentially could make for a cool TV show (not sure they could jam it all into a 2 hour movie). Problem being his name and gimmick might sort of overlap with Carol to the point where he might come off a bit derivative.

Monica is debuting in Captain Marvel, and we saw Voodoo's brother in what I believe was a deleted scene in Dr. Strange. So odds are descent both of them will show up in the MCU sooner or later. Wouldn't be at all surprising if they interact with T'Challa at some point. Avenger movies tend to bring the heroes together.
    I don't think we will see Adam on screen any time soon TBH. Dude barely gets panel time in the comics so him showing up in a show or movie seems unlikely unfortunately. I can see him getting name dropped or even having a brief cameo in his civilian identity. But I don't see him showing up as BM anytime soon. I would love for Monica have gain her abilities in the MCU but I'm not holding my breath. Voodoo appearing would be cool since his brother was name dropped. Him appearing a BP sequel would be even better, but I think he could potentially appear/cameo in a Dr. Strange sequel also.
    Last edited by nj06; 02-16-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I don't think we will see Adam on screen any time soon TBH. Dude barely gets panel time in the comics so him showing up in a show or movie seems unlikely unfortunately. I can see him getting name dropped or even having a brief cameo in his civilian identity. But I don't see him showing up as BM anytime soon. I would love for Monica have gain her abilities in the MCU but I'm not holding my breath. Voodoo appearing would be cool since his brother was name dropped. Him appearing a BP sequel would be even better, but I think he could potentially appear/cameo in a Dr. Strange sequel also.
    I definatley think Voodoo will appear in Dr. Strange. His brother was killed, so there's a potential revenge arc there IF we see his killers again. But since it's a shared sandbox any character can in theory show up in any movie, so there's no reason he can't show up in BP too. Seeing other characters show up, even for small bits, is part of the fun of a marvel movie. In the least we can probably see a lot of them interact in Avengers.

I do think we'll be needing more super heroes in general if some of the old guard are leaving. Avengers is a billion dollar movie franchise, so I'd be shocked if they stopped making them. But with a lot of the Avengers not around, you'll need a few new ones to fill the void. People like Monica and Voodoo work. Both are in Avengers books as we speak, or will be. So that's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That and i think Adam is too passive on top of the isht origin, and he's dull.

Jericho could be that for Tchalla, even though honestly (at least when Hudlin used him) Luke really fit that ceaser role to Tchallas Huey for sure. Jericho can work. Both have a unique look, names, cool powers, have worked together in the past so it's not forced, and both got that swagger.

Honestly marvel needs to get their heads out of the sand and have Tchalla get that MU interaction. Tchalla gotta team up with Jericho, Luke, Blade, Monica, and help out young Miles , dude STILL hasn't gotten even a thank you letter for saving buddy from Danvers.

But for Jericho to work in the mcu, he needs to have that special magic that strange can't understand or master, and set him up as a dude who can throw down without strange helping
    Luke does and did fit that role well in the Hudlin run, but it's still Luke tho.. meh! lol. M'Duke is taking that low level tank/super strength bff role from Luke in BP 2 (cue gorilla blood), and he''ll do it better! I'd say the one thing with MCU Jericho is they either gotta do the super dry humor, the Caesar thing, or something comparably distinct.. because BP is already the stoic no-quipping guy whose comedy comes from dead-panning other people's attempts to be funny.

Cosign the bit on Miles and the Hudlin team reunion. Marvel stay droppin the ball.

Jericho needs to be equal but unique to Strange, the same way the Russos made T'Challa and Steve in Civil War. We'll know very early on by who they cast and his MCU character description just how serious they're taking the good Dr.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hey, at least they made Sam cool and distinct from Cap.

I still haven't figured out Rhodey's exitence lol
    You could tell between The Winter Soldier ("Hey i'm like Steve, just weaker and slower!') and Civil War (Fancy tech, Steve deferring to him for the escape plan) that the Russos got a phone call telling them to stop treating Sam like a useless token negro (Rhodey) and start treating him like you would a valued white character (Bucky).

It was refreshing.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Issue with Adam is his origin sadly.

Voodoo has the most potential. Monica is #2 only if you are gonna capitalize on the potential sexual tension.

Problem with both of them is the MCU might just Rhodey their ass....
    Don't forget the US Government sending a blonde blue-eyed white woman government spy on a deep cover assignment to seduce and mate with him because they knew "that was the black man's weakness".. and have the plan actually work and result in marriage! and then decades later when she finally fesses up to the ruse, she spins it to a i grew to love you anyway bae!!

That love story gonna be a hit with black audiences
    Black Panther vs Thor

I think Marvel still thinks storm has some sort of star power still or something.. who knows. But ya that could of been left out. Talked more about the HZ and doras or something or more of his fears like wielding the IG or Molly whooping skrulls
    the sad part is she should have more star power. I look at the state of the X-men right now and smh. They should be so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Is Contest of Champions worth playing? Dave and Busters is getting an arcade version and BP is in it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...e-and-busters/
    It's worth playing if its free and you've got nothing better to do. works best as a mobile game tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    very cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    How does Shadow King compare to Emma Frost?

T'Challa was jobber status to Shadow King because of the Storm agenda in that miniseries, but Jason Aaron had T'Challa b-slap Emma's telepathy like she was bow wow gettin beat up by an ig thot.
    lmao you caught that? Only in Atlanta bro. My friend tried to go at Bow Wow for fighting a woman, but when i saw the mugshot I can't throw shade he looks like he just got a beat down from Luffy and she still lookin hot.
    The J-man

Just throwing it out there but...Ya’ll throw way to much shade at Sam aka the Falcon.

Even back in the 70’s books Sam wasn’t taking anyone’s crap. Including Steve, on more then one occasion Sam Wilson basically told Steve where he could shove it. And as just a man he kept up with Steve Rodgers SS enhanced body step for step. Dude branched out on his own back then and was Harlem’s hero. The only negative Sam ever had that he started off as a gangster and a few instances where he was written as Captain America.

Even with all that said for the most part Sam is one of three Black Male characters at Marvel hasn’t severely suffered just from being a Black Male at marvel.

Edit: Also, what about Manifold. He is still "new" enough of a character where Marvel can do anything with him including changing him up.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-16-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Sam and T'Challa teaming up in the comics would be nice too.

Sam and T'Challa teaming up in the comics would be nice too.
    Secret Empire Sam yes. He was tired of the bulls*it. Lol.

Hey, at least they made Sam cool and distinct from Cap.

I still haven't figured out Rhodey's exitence lol
    To get knocked around, and show how powerful other people are. Hell Okoye is more competent then him and all she uses is a spear

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Luke does and did fit that role well in the Hudlin run, but it's still Luke tho.. meh! lol. M'Duke is taking that low level tank/super strength bff role from Luke in BP 2 (cue gorilla blood), and he''ll do it better! I'd say the one thing with MCU Jericho is they either gotta do the super dry humor, the Caesar thing, or something comparably distinct.. because BP is already the stoic no-quipping guy whose comedy comes from dead-panning other people's attempts to be funny.

Cosign the bit on Miles and the Hudlin team reunion. Marvel stay droppin the ball.

Jericho needs to be equal but unique to Strange, the same way the Russos made T'Challa and Steve in Civil War. We'll know very early on by who they cast and his MCU character description just how serious they're taking the good Dr.
    I guess I have a soft spot for Hudlin Cage. But ya M'Duke about to slip in and take the spot. Work's too M'Duke is charismatic as hell.

Yeah Jericho needs some dry humor, but talkative enough to make up for T'Challas more regal aura. Treat him with respect and we got another unique Black hero

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Just throwing it out there but...Ya’ll throw way to much shade at Sam aka the Falcon.

Even back in the 70’s books Sam wasn’t taking anyone’s crap. Including Steve, on more then one occasion Sam Wilson basically told Steve where he could shove it. And as just a man he kept up with Steve Rodgers SS enhanced body step for step. Dude branched out on his own back then and was Harlem’s hero. The only negative Sam ever had that he started off as a gangster and a few instances where he was written as Captain America.

Even with all that said for the most part Sam is one of three Black Male characters at Marvel hasn’t severely suffered just from being a Black Male at marvel.

Edit: Also, what about Manifold. He is still "new" enough of a character where Marvel can do anything with him including changing him up.
    No knee is shade throwing Sam though? We are being realistic about his treatment and right now there are three tiers of treatment for Black heroes in the MCU:

T'Challa tier

Sam/Okoye tier

And Rhodey tier

Hoping that Jericho and Monica fall between Tchalla and Sam

No knee is shade throwing Sam though? We are being realistic about his treatment and right now there are three tiers of treatment for Black heroes in the MCU:

T'Challa tier

Sam/Okoye tier

And Rhodey tier

Hoping that Jericho and Monica fall between Tchalla and Sam
    Stares in Rhodey. Lol