Page 139 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I expect BoG to have a swift response.

He's set the high bar, and there's no turning back for him now
    Sorry, I was on a road trip.

The Shadow King is a psychic parasite, which is both a strength & a weakness. It's a strength because he can hop from host to host, but a weakness because without a host he can be taken down by a telepah of reasonable power.

(Professor X defeated him when he was fairly young, in a classic tale which also included a young African pickpocket with white hair).

Emma's power has fluctuated, but I recall one story that she makes up for a lack of Phoenix-level power by her finesse & skill. But that was a story that had Rachel Grey jobbing to her, so it might not count for much.

As for the Shadow King & T'Challa... he got into Wakanda by possessing Gentle. He found his way into T'Challa because BP was distracted while battling mind-controlled Wakandan guards.

In the story, that was his method. Not direct psychic confrontation, but more like a virus that corrupted the hosts slowly while their guard was down. You can't use psychic defenses against a foe unless you know the foe is there.

Even while possessed T'Challa still resisted Shadow King's complete dominance over his mind, as Storm noted:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Sorry, I was on a road trip.

The Shadow King is a psychic parasite, which is both a strength & a weakness. It's a strength because he can hop from host to host, but a weakness because without a host he can be taken down by a telepah of reasonable power.

(Professor X defeated him when he was fairly young, in a classic tale which also included a young African pickpocket with white hair).

Emma's power has fluctuated, but I recall one story that she makes up for a lack of Phoenix-level power by her finesse & skill. But that was a story that had Rachel Grey jobbing to her, so it might not count for much.

As for the Shadow King & T'Challa... he got into Wakanda by possessing Gentle. He found his way into T'Challa because BP was distracted while battling mind-controlled Wakandan guards.

In the story, that was his method. Not direct psychic confrontation, but more like a virus that corrupted the hosts slowly while their guard was down. You can't use psychic defenses against a foe unless you know the foe is there.
    Thanks for the knowledge drops, as always.

Shadow King sounds like a coward and a ho
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No knee is shade throwing Sam though? We are being realistic about his treatment and right now there are three tiers of treatment for Black heroes in the MCU:

T'Challa tier

Sam/Okoye tier

And Rhodey tier

Hoping that Jericho and Monica fall between Tchalla and Sam
    I just realized the Sam (or Sam Cap) mega push is officially over

Back to the background he goes, but he had a hell of a run! We talking before Secret Wars!

Too bad Secret Empire was such a meh event and nobody really paid attention to the ensuing falcon solo book that came and went.

But damn it, he had a hell of a run!

But uh... yea, as you pointed out, we're talking about MCU Sam. lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

Seriously, outside of Jericho's personality, which can have the optics of paint drying, he got next. If he's appearing in DS 2, they gotta make him more T'Challa in CW / Valkrie in Thor 3, and less Sam/Rhodey...
    Black Panther vs Thor

Seriously, outside of Jericho's personality, which can have the optics of paint drying, he got next. If he's appearing in DS 2, they gotta make him more T'Challa in CW / Valkrie in Thor 3, and less Sam/Rhodey...
    Or at least CW/ IW Sam.. or Okoye..

I kinda wonder how things are going to go once the Og Crew leaves. I also wonder if Marvel is dead set on making Carol the new face of the MCU or if that has changed given Tchalla blew up the box office and is still being talked about despite his movie dropping over a year ago.

I mean how could I resist!

Wakandan War Dogs Gone Wild...

Wakandan Nationals Attack Empire Actor Jussie Smollett!

Google is your friend take it from there...
    Get Hectic!

Thanks for the knowledge drops, as always.

Shadow King sounds like a coward and a ho
    He is. He's not only a ho, he's a FAT ho.

(And definitely not a "phat" one. )

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Or at least CW/ IW Sam.. or Okoye..

I kinda wonder how things are going to go once the Og Crew leaves. I also wonder if Marvel is dead set on making Carol the new face of the MCU or if that has changed given Tchalla blew up the box office and is still being talked about despite his movie dropping over a year ago.
    Marvel has never had "a face" they have always have multiple standouts. It is clear they are trying to make Carol a face but she is not the only face. Avengers Infinity War proved that Marvel understood what it had in Black Panther. As you mention how Black Panther blew up at box office was undeniable and it had similar feel to what Iron Man 1 did for the phase. Black Panther, Captain Marvel are the future it is just what other character is going to join them Spiderman? Dr Strange? Black Widow? Hulk? Maybe Thor hangs around a little longer,Maybe they try Falconcap or Buckycap? Maybe Riri Williams is to tempting not use, Maybe they merge concept Shuri and Riri Williams for Iron man.Maybe the X-toys come into play. The point is was Cap, Iron Man ,Thor as the faces of phase 1-3. And it feels like Black Panther, Captain Marvel are the new kids on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Stares in Rhodey. Lol

His armor is so freaking cool too.

He just... has no purpose unfortunately.

10 billion armors in IM3 and he didn't even get his own in the final fight. Just cold.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I just realized the Sam (or Sam Cap) mega push is officially over

Back to the background he goes, but he had a hell of a run! We talking before Secret Wars!

Too bad Secret Empire was such a meh event and nobody really paid attention to the ensuing falcon solo book that came and went.

But damn it, he had a hell of a run!

But uh... yea, as you pointed out, we're talking about MCU Sam. lol
    He'll likely get one more run when the Falcon/Winter Soldier Disney series comes out.

That will definitely be a book instantly.

Wonder if he will get some Wakandan upgrades to make his wings more comic/cartoon like. Although his militaristic wings are pretty damn cool. Still remember the beginning of CW and I was like "yo they ain't playin with falcon wth!"

And that actor oozes charisma.

Need Sam and M'baku on screen together

"So you like Gorillas?"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He'll likely get one more run when the Falcon/Winter Soldier Disney series comes out.

That will definitely be a book instantly.

Wonder if he will get some Wakandan upgrades to make his wings more comic/cartoon like. Although his militaristic wings are pretty damn cool. Still remember the beginning of CW and I was like "yo they ain't playin with falcon wth!"

And that actor oozes charisma.

Need Sam and M'baku on screen together

"So you like Gorillas?"
    I think the comic will adjust to the movie. Avengers Assemble aged him up and have him the movie look.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Something I just thought about:

When was the last time T'Challa's energy dampening soles were a thing in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Something I just thought about:

When was the last time T'Challa's energy dampening soles were a thing in the comics?
    90% sure they haven't been a thing since Priest. I think vol 3 #58 is last instance I have recorded.

At least not explicitly mentioned
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-17-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    90% sure they haven't been a thing since Priest. I think vol 3 #58 is last instance I have recorded.

At least not explicitly mentioned
    I certainly don't remember them being used during the Hudlin era. I think only EMH acknowledged them outside of comics for that time.

They're pretty cool for allowing T'Challa to stick to surfaces and stuff. They also had the silent feature (most likely inspired by real leopard paws) and I remember QDJ used them to create a force field once.

Considering T'Challa's suit could always absorb kinetic energy and it's emphasized a lot more now, they were probably done away with. Or rather the explicit label was.

I'm wondering in the whole suit can just work the way they did instead? Vibranium, bulletproof, absorbs kinetic energy (robs objects of their momentum, creates kinetic blasts and vibration force fields), absorbs sound energy (suit is virtually silent, soundless footsteps and palms etc)