Page 140 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I certainly don't remember them being used during the Hudlin era. I think only EMH acknowledged them outside of comics for that time.

They're pretty cool for allowing T'Challa to stick to surfaces and stuff. They also had the silent feature (most likely inspired by real leopard paws) and I remember QDJ used them to create a force field once.

Considering T'Challa's suit could always absorb kinetic energy and it's emphasized a lot more now, they were probably done away with. Or rather the explicit label was.

I'm wondering in the whole suit can just work the way they did instead? Vibranium, bulletproof, absorbs kinetic energy (robs objects of their momentum, creates kinetic blasts and vibration force fields), absorbs sound energy (suit is virtually silent, soundless footsteps and palms etc)
    I think to a degree the soles are somewhat redundent. Yes, the soles allow him to be stealthy but he's a stealthy character anyways. To overly emphasize that aspect would be to take away one of his actual skills and give the credit to his gear instead. And for a character like him, tech shouldn't replace skill.

Sticking to the surfaces of walls I suppose can be useful under certain circumstances, but you almost have to go out of your way to highlight that about it.

That said, I do wish a lot of the things Priest had incorporated didn't in large part get sidelined after his run. Had his Priest gear been used more regularly after his run, I think we would have had a more standardized established toolset for the character.

I certainly don't remember them being used during the Hudlin era. I think only EMH acknowledged them outside of comics for that time.

They're pretty cool for allowing T'Challa to stick to surfaces and stuff. They also had the silent feature (most likely inspired by real leopard paws) and I remember QDJ used them to create a force field once.

Considering T'Challa's suit could always absorb kinetic energy and it's emphasized a lot more now, they were probably done away with. Or rather the explicit label was.

I'm wondering in the whole suit can just work the way they did instead? Vibranium, bulletproof, absorbs kinetic energy (robs objects of their momentum, creates kinetic blasts and vibration force fields), absorbs sound energy (suit is virtually silent, soundless footsteps and palms etc)
    He was described as being able to move silently before the soles. even before the vibranium suit

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Marvel has never had "a face" they have always have multiple standouts. It is clear they are trying to make Carol a face but she is not the only face. Avengers Infinity War proved that Marvel understood what it had in Black Panther. As you mention how Black Panther blew up at box office was undeniable and it had similar feel to what Iron Man 1 did for the phase. Black Panther, Captain Marvel are the future it is just what other character is going to join them Spiderman? Dr Strange? Black Widow? Hulk? Maybe Thor hangs around a little longer,Maybe they try Falconcap or Buckycap? Maybe Riri Williams is to tempting not use, Maybe they merge concept Shuri and Riri Williams for Iron man.Maybe the X-toys come into play. The point is was Cap, Iron Man ,Thor as the faces of phase 1-3. And it feels like Black Panther, Captain Marvel are the new kids on the block.
    I disagree with the Marvel not having a face. That was RDJ for sure. Yes they had standouts but of you were to ask anyone who was the face of the MCU they would point to IM.

Like I get that they are trying to make Carol the new face, but it's one of those things that has to happen organically. Saying she is going forward doesn't work. I don't think that you can force it, especially when they character hasn't debuted yet. But I think they might go BP, CM, And DS if I'm being honest most likely

Also in Rise of the BP #4 (I think, the Doom one), T'challa mentioned he was able to turn the "absorption" ability of the suit on or off. If left continually on, everything around him would be silent. Which I thought was cool

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Something I just thought about:

When was the last time T'Challa's energy dampening soles were a thing in the comics?
    They were only good for walking on water really. Now for sure they would be redundant. I'd rather see some other gear standardized. Hell I'd like then to standardize his freaking look even

As of a few days ago, Captain Marvel is projected to do 100 million opening weekend. That's awesome but BP did double that. I'd guess they gon make BP the RDJ and Carol the Cap.

Remember, nobody really cared about Cap out the gate.. least successful of their big 3 but they double downed on him in winter soldier and civil war rubbin off RDJ; and look at him now! Carol's not gonna be as flat out the gate as Steve was, obviously, but they clearly planned for her to be numero uno. But now that that Afrikan (or alien, for those who prefer) blew up the way he did, he gon be all up in the video as well.

Doctor Strange is gonna be that linchpin, we done seen it in thor 3 and infinity war
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Marvel has never had "a face" they have always have multiple standouts. It is clear they are trying to make Carol a face but she is not the only face. Avengers Infinity War proved that Marvel understood what it had in Black Panther. As you mention how Black Panther blew up at box office was undeniable and it had similar feel to what Iron Man 1 did for the phase. Black Panther, Captain Marvel are the future it is just what other character is going to join them Spiderman? Dr Strange? Black Widow? Hulk? Maybe Thor hangs around a little longer,Maybe they try Falconcap or Buckycap? Maybe Riri Williams is to tempting not use, Maybe they merge concept Shuri and Riri Williams for Iron man.Maybe the X-toys come into play. The point is was Cap, Iron Man ,Thor as the faces of phase 1-3. And it feels like Black Panther, Captain Marvel are the new kids on the block.
    I think you can make an arguement that at one point Iron Man was the face of the MCU. He was the first of the MCU heroes, and he was played by argaubly the biggest star at the time.

But I think the MCU is in a very different place now. The marvel brand itself is big to the point where they simply don't need to rely on a single actor or super hero to really carry the brand. They will likely have several prominent people... but I don't think there necessarily will be another RDJ in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    As of a few days ago, Captain Marvel is projected to do 100 million opening weekend. That's awesome but BP did double that. I'd guess they gon make BP the RDJ and Carol the Cap.

Remember, nobody really cared about Cap out the gate.. least successful of their big 3 but they double downed on him in winter soldier and civil war rubbin off RDJ; and look at him now! Carol's not gonna be as flat out the gate as Steve was, obviously, but they clearly planned for her to be numero uno. But now that that Afrikan (or alien, for those who prefer) blew up the way he did, he gon be all up in the video as well.

Doctor Strange is gonna be that linchpin, we done seen it in thor 3 and infinity war
    I do wonder if they will get into the contingency plan/prep stuff in regards to the other heroes and T'challa/team Wakanda.

That right there will start the "we are teammates but there is tension" stuff with the new group and that is why drove the OG avengers relationship and classically drove the JL relationship.

What happens when Dr. Strange teleports into Wakanda for a quick Avengers pre-meeting and catches T'challa fighting a hard light hologram of Captain Marvel and knocking her out after absorbing her energy and re-directing into his Dboi gauntlets while hardlight holagram Dr strange takes lays knocked out in the corner next to Okoye?

he gonna come through the teleportation ring like this

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I do wonder if they will get into the contingency plan/prep stuff in regards to the other heroes and T'challa/team Wakanda.

That right there will start the "we are teammates but there is tension" stuff with the new group and that is why drove the OG avengers relationship and classically drove the JL relationship.

What happens when Dr. Strange teleports into Wakanda for a quick Avengers pre-meeting and catches T'challa fighting a hard light hologram of Captain Marvel and knocking her out after absorbing her energy and re-directing into his Dboi gauntlets while hardlight holagram Dr strange takes lays knocked out in the corner next to Okoye?

he gonna come through the teleportation ring like this

Hahaha T'Challa gonna have them Jimmy Butler tendencies with the Avengers
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Hahaha T'Challa gonna have them Jimmy Butler tendencies with the Avengers
    Beat cinematic Batman to the punch and take back the prep god title for good

Beat cinematic Batman to the punch and take back the prep god title for good
    Cinematic Batman does have a slight lead as far as prepping to fight Superman. But I suppose T'Challa can get the lead if he does it for all the Avengers.

This group of potential avengers is rather powerful in the big three and rather arrogant as well.

You have a Sorcerer Supreme, a King of the most technologically advanced place on earth who happen to be warriors as well, and based on trailers... a crazy powerful headstrong space ship destroying military chick

You could easily play up the "they aren't a team, they are a group of individuals" thing going against some big bad and they all get their ass beat because they think they can do it themselves and don't trust each other... until they pull together.... or "assemble" if you will.

I demand Coogler directs

You also gotta wonder how they plan to 'shoe-horn' BP into future Avenger films. Thor only really showed up and stuck around out of happenstance... i.e. to find Loki (A1), then track down the tesseract (AoU), but otherwise he just bounced and didn't give a **** about earth politics or maintaining any natural order if it didn't involve the abuse of asgardian property.

BP has a bit more incentive to help Earth i suppose, but he gonna be busy in Wakanda doing king stuff. He was chillin playin GTA5 online before Steve hit him up for some assistance with the whole alien invasion going on outside.
    Black Panther vs Thor

This group of potential avengers is rather powerful in the big three and rather arrogant as well.

You have a Sorcerer Supreme, a King of the most technologically advanced place on earth who happen to be warriors as well, and based on trailers... a crazy powerful headstrong space ship destroying military chick

You could easily play up the "they aren't a team, they are a group of individuals" thing going against some big bad and they all get their ass beat because they think they can do it themselves and don't trust each other... until they pull together.... or "assemble" if you will.

I demand Coogler directs
    Hahaha that's exactly where my mind was going!
    Black Panther vs Thor

MCU Dr. Strange doesn't "do" Avengers stuff. That was out of happenstance as well; he aint really wanna be there.

Captain Marvel clearly doesn't like being on Earth much

BP is nice about it but you could tell when he was shaking Steve's hand he was thinking "if this colonizer asks me for one more favor..."

Black Panther vs Thor