Page 141 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    As of a few days ago, Captain Marvel is projected to do 100 million opening weekend. That's awesome but BP did double that. I'd guess they gon make BP the RDJ and Carol the Cap.

Remember, nobody really cared about Cap out the gate.. least successful of their big 3 but they double downed on him in winter soldier and civil war rubbin off RDJ; and look at him now! Carol's not gonna be as flat out the gate as Steve was, obviously, but they clearly planned for her to be numero uno. But now that that Afrikan (or alien, for those who prefer) blew up the way he did, he gon be all up in the video as well.

Doctor Strange is gonna be that linchpin, we done seen it in thor 3 and infinity war
    Apparently a while back CM was projected at 160-180 mil so I dunno, we will see. But Marvel needs to invest in that fatty 1.3 Billy IP and be smart about it. Theres a reason that like a month before I dropped there were article's saying IS was basically BP 1.5 and that Yibambe trailer. They were trying to catch that 1.3 Billy crowd. I don't see CM getting that type of hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Apparently a while back CM was projected at 160-180 mil so I dunno, we will see. But Marvel needs to invest in that fatty 1.3 Billy IP and be smart about it. Theres a reason that like a month before I dropped there were article's saying IS was basically BP 1.5 and that Yibambe trailer. They were trying to catch that 1.3 Billy crowd. I don't see CM getting that type of hype.
    I remember that. Those numbers from a few months ago dipped.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...ng-1203139732/

Disney and Marvel’s first female-led superhero adventure is tracking for an opening weekend of $100 million, according to early estimates. With three weeks to go until “Captain Marvel” hits theaters on March 8, some box office watchers suggest enthusiastic word of mouth could propel that figure to north of $120 million.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This group of potential avengers is rather powerful in the big three and rather arrogant as well.

You have a Sorcerer Supreme, a King of the most technologically advanced place on earth who happen to be warriors as well, and based on trailers... a crazy powerful headstrong space ship destroying military chick

You could easily play up the "they aren't a team, they are a group of individuals" thing going against some big bad and they all get their ass beat because they think they can do it themselves and don't trust each other... until they pull together.... or "assemble" if you will.

I demand Coogler directs
    I think that's sort of where Fury may be incorporated into the MU more. He brought together the first group of Avengers, then sort of faded into the back ground. The original band likely won't be around after End Game to a large extent, and I think Fury might be responsible for creating the new one. He know he contacts Spider-Man, based on the trailer. And Carol to one degree or another also seems to be in his network.

Since we're seeing Skrulls in Captain Marvel, I think the next big Avengers thing is probably Secret Invasion. If the Skrulls have infiltrated everyone, that would be enough of a reason for a guy like Fury to bring together a new team of Avengers. That could even incorporate any information the government might have picked up about the heroes from the Civil War registration, or from any prep T'Challa might have put together. If we find out people like Nakia and Hill are Skrulls, the Skrulls can get a big edge over the heroes.

I do wonder if they will get into the contingency plan/prep stuff in regards to the other heroes and T'challa/team Wakanda.

That right there will start the "we are teammates but there is tension" stuff with the new group and that is why drove the OG avengers relationship and classically drove the JL relationship.

What happens when Dr. Strange teleports into Wakanda for a quick Avengers pre-meeting and catches T'challa fighting a hard light hologram of Captain Marvel and knocking her out after absorbing her energy and re-directing into his Dboi gauntlets while hardlight holagram Dr strange takes lays knocked out in the corner next to Okoye?

he gonna come through the teleportation ring like this

Basically I wanna see him go full on Priest Panther after he comes back from The snap, like "****, despite being the most advanced nation on earth we were absolutely helpless to Thanos AND Mofos came on hard to my turf and I needed a demigod to turn the tides? Naw fam we gonna fix this real quick" enter dooms day Panthers, contingency plans, and always prepared BP

TBH I would rather see MCU T'Challa interact more with the OG movie Avengers squad moreso then Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel. I want more BP with Tony + Steve interactions.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    TBH I would rather see MCU T'Challa interact more with the OG movie Avengers squad moreso then Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel. I want more BP with Tony + Steve interactions.
    I agree. It's a shame he didn't have more time to interact with them. BP has only shown up in 3 movies, and the didn't invovle the Avengers in his solo movie (which is a very understandable decision). That meant his only interaction after their first meeting was Infinity War, which was pretty crowded. You can sort of get a sense that Steve and T'Challa have a good deal of respect, but that's just reading between the lines. And we don't have much of an idea at all how he feels about Stark. It's a shame the original Avengers didn't have more time to interact more with some of the new guys. We have End Game and that's likely it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Word of mouth is not going to do anything for this film. It's going to be the same as Antman and Dr Strange just with a white women. Nothing new. Even if it does 150M opening and that's a big if. They want it to pass Black panther to 200m. That's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Word of mouth is not going to do anything for this film. It's going to be the same as Antman and Dr Strange just with a white women. Nothing new. Even if it does 150M opening and that's a big if. They want it to pass Black panther to 200m. That's not going to happen.
    Well yeah that's a given. Really right now, the only movie that can do that that is not Avengers will be BP. Basically it's going to compete with itself, because no other Solo hero movie can compete with it

You also gotta wonder how they plan to 'shoe-horn' BP into future Avenger films. Thor only really showed up and stuck around out of happenstance... i.e. to find Loki (A1), then track down the tesseract (AoU), but otherwise he just bounced and didn't give a **** about earth politics or maintaining any natural order if it didn't involve the abuse of asgardian property.

BP has a bit more incentive to help Earth i suppose, but he gonna be busy in Wakanda doing king stuff. He was chillin playin GTA5 online before Steve hit him up for some assistance with the whole alien invasion going on outside.
    Hahaha that's exactly where my mind was going!
    The new avengers or whatever they end up being called is definitely gonna need a good story reason for any of those peeps to be working together.

I don't think Strange or T'challa will respond to being manipulated by Fury/SHIELD and hell... the new "big three" haven't even spoke to each other before on screen lol

Maybe they become "keepers" of some of the stones? Some Illuminati like ****. Strange takes his Time stone back, Captain Marvel takes hers into space. T'challa puts his deep in the royal vault, other ones end up int he cosmos somewehre or something.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The new avengers or whatever they end up being called is definitely gonna need a good story reason for any of those peeps to be working together.

I don't think Strange or T'challa will respond to being manipulated by Fury/SHIELD and hell... the new "big three" haven't even spoke to each other before on screen lol

Maybe they become "keepers" of some of the stones? Some Illuminati like ****. Strange takes his Time stone back, Captain Marvel takes hers into space. T'challa puts his deep in the royal vault, other ones end up int he cosmos somewehre or something.
    You can always go the route the Ultimates did I suppose. Similar to how T'CHalla and Carol formed the Ultimates after Secret Wars, he might decide to have more of a working relationship with SHIELD and Carol post End Game. Have the Wakandan embassy a part of the Triskelion.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

He was described as being able to move silently before the soles. even before the vibranium suit

Well I guess my idea was useless then lol...

Also in Rise of the BP #4 (I think, the Doom one), T'challa mentioned he was able to turn the "absorption" ability of the suit on or off. If left continually on, everything around him would be silent. Which I thought was cool
    ...but imagine the cinematic potential! Cloaking/camouflage + sound absorption = total stealth mode. Imagine a tense, soundless sequence of T'Challa taking out a plethora of highly equipped goons in maxed out security facility...in broad daylight!

Or I guess it'll still be cool if you just focused on his skills somehow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    It's strange we didn't get any T'Challa and Tony stuff in Civil War. The guy just joined his strike unit with vengeance on his mind and there were no questions asked regardless of the fact that Tony was trying to bring in Steve's team without hurting them lol. But I guess it makes sense since the rest of the world wasn't supposed to know Wakanda had advanced tech, which is what the exchange between Tony and T'Challa would have been 99% about.

I want more Steve stuff too, but I've been pining for a Thor (because of the obvious parallels AND differences) and Strange (because Wakanda's got advanced medical and health tech) interactions. Thor would work a lot better now because Thor's funny would play off well against T'Challa stoic.

Also regarding those Cap Marvel numbers, the 160 mil figures were unofficial predictions from a website, while the 100 mil figure is the actual tracking. Kinda like how BP's predictions were lower than the tracking. I think CM's got some good word of mouth going for it so far, but it certainly doesn't have BP's feverish hype nor the obligatory event hype the Avengers movies have. I think she's got a good spot and will probably be a surprise hit like Guardians. I don't expect a bil but you never know.

Hmmm... I can see them pulling an "Ultimates" matter of fact

Y'know how we felt the original lineup should've had Doctor Strange and/or Thor? I could see an Ultimates core of BP/CM/DS

Then again, i've felt that an Illuminati storyline culminating in Secret Wars is also obvious as the next 10-year plan. And i could see them giving Carol a spot with BP and DS, bc the team Hickman intended for wasn't supposed to be a complete sausage fest anyway. I guess it kinda depends on how soon they have a next "Avengers' film; if it happens after the introduction of F4 and X-Men
    Black Panther vs Thor

You also gotta wonder how they plan to 'shoe-horn' BP into future Avenger films. Thor only really showed up and stuck around out of happenstance... i.e. to find Loki (A1), then track down the tesseract (AoU), but otherwise he just bounced and didn't give a **** about earth politics or maintaining any natural order if it didn't involve the abuse of asgardian property.

BP has a bit more incentive to help Earth i suppose, but he gonna be busy in Wakanda doing king stuff. He was chillin playin GTA5 online before Steve hit him up for some assistance with the whole alien invasion going on outside.
    Hahaha that's exactly where my mind was going!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Well I guess my idea was useless then lol...

...but imagine the cinematic potential! Cloaking/camouflage + sound absorption = total stealth mode. Imagine a tense, soundless sequence of T'Challa taking out a plethora of highly equipped goons in maxed out security facility...in broad daylight!

Or I guess it'll still be cool if you just focused on his skills somehow lol.

It's strange we didn't get any T'Challa and Tony stuff in Civil War. The guy just joined his strike unit with vengeance on his mind and there were no questions asked regardless of the fact that Tony was trying to bring in Steve's team without hurting them lol. But I guess it makes sense since the rest of the world wasn't supposed to know Wakanda had advanced tech, which is what the exchange between Tony and T'Challa would have been 99% about.

I want more Steve stuff too, but I've been pining for a Thor (because of the obvious parallels AND differences) and Strange (because Wakanda's got advanced medical and health tech) interactions. Thor would work a lot better now because Thor's funny would play off well against T'Challa stoic.

Also regarding those Cap Marvel numbers, the 160 mil figures were unofficial predictions from a website, while the 100 mil figure is the actual tracking. Kinda like how BP's predictions were lower than the tracking. I think CM's got some good word of mouth going for it so far, but it certainly doesn't have BP's feverish hype nor the obligatory event hype the Avengers movies have. I think she's got a good spot and will probably be a surprise hit like Guardians. I don't expect a bil but you never know.
    Yeah it's weird T'challa biggest interaction with the Avengers is... Widow lol.

Hell, even the Steve/T'hcalla stuff is mostly implied off screen.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I like BP Steve and Tony

But I also like an Ultimates or Illuminati that people associate T'Challa as the RDJ of.

Cap/IM/Thor/Hulk/Widow/Hawkeye <-- those 6 have ownership of the 'Avengers'... and that's why they all get to survive the snap and have a beatles reunion.

I think BP/CM/DS should be a part of their own thing, and whatever that own thing is (Ultimates, or whatever) it shouldn't stop them from interacting with the OG Avenger folks (whoever is left). But Illuminati and Ultimates will always be special bc of their relative independence and BP's role as a founder (even if he gave them the finger in the first Illuminati meeting)
    Black Panther vs Thor

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I always thought Hickman's Illuminati was intentionally comprised of only men, considering that the pop culture depiction of secret cabals like that are usually of (white) male figures. I thought that was the kind of imagery he was going for: the most powerful men in the world.

I can sort of see the MCU ditching that because of diversity but also because some of those characters might not be available (Steve and Tony if they're dead/actors have hung up the roles) and the rights issues (Namor)