Page 151 of 744 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 11160
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Hello everyone,

It has been awhile since I posted in here.

Question: Who would you like to write the next run of Black Panther? I would like either Paul Dini, Greg Rucka, Dan Abnett, or possible Jeph Loeb. This based on past work they have done.

Thought: Seeing how in the 3rd movie of an MCU film the hero always loses something (i.e Cap lost his shield in CW, tony stark lost his armor and mechanical heart in IM 3, Thor lost his hammer in Ragnarok, I am starting to think that Black Panther 3 will be based on Doomwar. Oh the horror!

Question: If you could set T'Challa's standard gear and powers, based on 616 marvel comic continuity, what would it be?

My Pick
    For powers & abilities: Heightened senses, Super-Soldier abilities of peak human potential (no king of dead or magic spear), Genius Intelligence, Master Martial Artist, Master Acrobat, Expert Marksman, Master Tactician,Expert Tracker & Hunter, Multilingual, Master Inventor,

For standard gear: Vibranium Microweave Mesh, Anti-Metal Claws, Energy-Dampening Boots, Vibranium Energy Daggers, Force Push
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 02-20-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Bryan Hill, Jed McKay, Daniel Kibblesmith( Writers of Killnonger, Ghost Panther, and BP vs DP)

Long shot writer, Mark Miller. His new Kickass and Prodigy are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hello everyone,

Question: Who would you like to write the next run of Black Panther? I would like either Paul Dini, Greg Rucka, Dan Abnett, or possible Jeph Loeb. This based on past work they have done.

Thought: Seeing how in the 3rd movie of an MCU film the hero always loses something (i.e Cap lost his shield in CW, tony stark lost his armor and mechanical heart in IM 3, Thor lost his hammer in Ragnarok, I am starting to think that Black Panther 3 will be based on Doomwar. Oh the horror!

Question: If you could set T'Challa's standard gear and powers, based on 616 marvel comic continuity, what would it be?

My Pick
    For powers & abilities: Heightened senses, Super-Soldier abilities of peak human potential (no king of dead or magic spear), Genius Intelligence, Master Martial Artist, Master Acrobat, Expert Marksman, Master Tactician,Expert Tracker & Hunter, Multilingual, Master Inventor,

For standard gear: Vibranium Microweave Mesh, Anti-Metal Claws, Energy-Dampening Boots, Vibranium Energy Daggers, Force Push
    My dream BP writer is Grant Morrison, but that's probably never going to happen. Of the more realistic options, I'd probably say Jason Aaron (who has already written my fave BP story See Wakanda and Die and is writing him in Avengers right now).

As far as standard gear, I think the stuff he had in Priests run was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    No more ceremonial challenges. i accept the outcomes of the M'Baku and Erik fights as somewhat necessary evils, but moving forward they should raise the level of his competition's power level to make BP look good, instead of draining him of his powers to allow others to look good. Give him that character protection the Russos largely give Cap. (kick ass one on one fights and action set pieces)

I want the suit itself to go through it's upgrade to where it's more in line with Aaron, Hickman, and Priest's stuff. I don't care what combo of tech tbh, I just want a lot, and for it to be fun and innovative like the force push, but diversified (not just one new edition) and ever evolving. Embrace the 007 aspect.

I prefer Killmonger stay dead but I want to continue the trend of revamped BP villains modernized for this generation. Baron Macabre, Solomon, the Supremacists as a Sinister Six (or however many they are), Achebe; take your pick but it should be a Nolan Batman vibe where you get as excited for a big name or great actor playing a villain, bc he gon act his ass off and have a great script. I think there also needs to be a female villain like Zanda or Zenzi for Okoye and Nakia to beat up.

Now that they've validated their budget, they should improve their effects and show more of Wakanda and specifically more of the other tribes. I'd like N'Kano and QDJ to be introduced, and both of them to be youger than Shuri. I'd want N'Kano's powerset to be taken very seriously as well. The idea of a super powerful young black kid is an Afrikan miles waiting to happen. He'd be what Boyega should've been as Finn.
    I agree with all of this. Though for the tribal fights I wouldn't say it made others look good necessarily just because Tchalla is depowered and he is used to being at super human levels, so it also show cases how he doesn't need a suit or Powers to be deadly. Gotta remember, even when emotionally distracted and showing mercy, he could of killed Erik twice in their fight. Otherwise yeah gimme that JA/Priest hybrid tech upgrade (I don't ad Hickman because his stuff took away from T'Challas abilities and standard tech) and I want RJs Zanda thown in with whatever baddie. But I agree with the rest, although of Nkano and QDJ show up someone else is going to have to die or get removed to keep the cast from being bloated. Not sure who would have to bite it

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hello everyone,

My Pick

Bryan Edward Hill, Evan Narcisse, Jason Aaron (if he does it like SWAD), David Liss, or Priest (unlikely).

I hope we never see Doomwar adapted unless it ends with T’Challa beating the crap and embarrassing Doom and not letting him go with a stern talking to

Tech: Vibranium weave suit, with energy daggers, built in wearable supercomputer Ewing showed, some Shadow Physics tech, force push.

I’d keep his abilities the same for the most part but add T’Challa being able to channel the strength, speed, etc of previous Black Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Bryan Edward Hill, Evan Narcisse, Jason Aaron (if he does it like SWAD), David Liss, or Priest (unlikely).

I hope we never see Doomwar adapted unless it ends with T’Challa beating the crap and embarrassing Doom and not letting him go with a stern talking to

Tech: Vibranium weave suit, with energy daggers, built in wearable supercomputer Ewing showed, some Shadow Physics tech, force push.

I’d keep his abilities the same for the most part but add T’Challa being able to channel the strength, speed, etc of previous Black Panthers.
    I can not believe that I forgot Evan Narcisse. Possibly Jason Aaron ( if he writes like SWaD).

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

For me, the heightened senses include night vision

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I agree with all of this. Though for the tribal fights I wouldn't say it made others look good necessarily just because Tchalla is depowered and he is used to being at super human levels, so it also show cases how he doesn't need a suit or Powers to be deadly. Gotta remember, even when emotionally distracted and showing mercy, he could of killed Erik twice in their fight. Otherwise yeah gimme that JA/Priest hybrid tech upgrade (I don't ad Hickman because his stuff took away from T'Challas abilities and standard tech) and I want RJs Zanda thown in with whatever baddie. But I agree with the rest, although of Nkano and QDJ show up someone else is going to have to die or get removed to keep the cast from being bloated. Not sure who would have to bite it
    The problem is if you blinked you would've missed the moment that T'Challa showed mercy to Erik lol. They didn't give that moment gravity. On multiple viewings ppl like us can slow it down and extrapolate, bc we're comic book guys who split hairs over technicalities hah, but most people who watch that fight would just say Erik kicked his ass. I didn't realize the 'yield' until my 2nd or 3rd viewing.

Same applies for the final fight where we can slow it down or watch youtube vids with health bars and deduce T'Challa dominated, but most people who watched that iffy cgi fest just remember Erik having BP on the ropes at the end before BP flipped the knife. Compare that to how the Russos had Steve "beat" Ironman in the eyes of the general public in CA:CW, but we comic book guys would poke holes in that in defense of Tony.

Basically i don't want to be Johnny Cochran when it comes to BP's fights lol. I don't need the power of friendship/family on some anime ish being the reason BP beats M'Baku in ceremonial combat either lol. I accept it in BP1 bc it legitimized M'Baku and Erik, but i prefer they go back to Civil War BP kicking everyone's butt one on one, and it requiring teamups or a guy on a different power level to make him work
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My dream BP writer is Grant Morrison, but that's probably never going to happen. Of the more realistic options, I'd probably say Jason Aaron (who has already written my fave BP story See Wakanda and Die and is writing him in Avengers right now).

As far as standard gear, I think the stuff he had in Priests run was pretty good.
    Pretty much Priest's standard gear with the force push added.

Forgot to add Hudlin’s sky bike. When was the last time we seen the sky bike? Hope that Ryan adds it in the sequel.

The problem is if you blinked you would've missed the moment that T'Challa showed mercy to Erik lol. They didn't give that moment gravity. On multiple viewings ppl like us can slow it down and extrapolate, bc we're comic book guys who split hairs over technicalities hah, but most people who watch that fight would just say Erik kicked his ass. I didn't realize the 'yield' until my 2nd or 3rd viewing.

Same applies for the final fight where we can slow it down or watch youtube vids with health bars and deduce T'Challa dominated, but most people who watched that iffy cgi fest just remember Erik having BP on the ropes at the end before BP flipped the knife. Compare that to how the Russos had Steve "beat" Ironman in the eyes of the general public in CA:CW, but we comic book guys would poke holes in that in defense of Tony.

Basically i don't want to be Johnny Cochran when it comes to BP's fights lol. I don't need the power of friendship/family on some anime ish being the reason BP beats M'Baku in ceremonial combat either lol. I accept it in BP1 bc it legitimized M'Baku and Erik, but i prefer they go back to Civil War BP kicking everyone's butt one on one, and it requiring teamups or a guy on a different power level to make him work
    I agree, when Tchalla told him to yield it should of been a powerful loud and clear command, kinda a slight lull in the fight to add weight to it, that Tchalla could of killed him, and he isn't invested in a death match.

But to me even on the final fight homie was working Erik, at no point did I think Erik had Tchalla on the ropes. Boy was getting worked hard. I think, Because Erik was such a well written villain and people sympathized with him, they put on those rose tinted glasses and ignored how he clearly was not a match for T'Challa I'm an actual death match be it clear headed or distracted T'Challa.

But I agree with you on the rest. T'Challa needs to fight an enemy that is much stronger then him. He basically needs to get that rematch with BD and actually be able to kick his ass on screen for longer then 2 sec. The supremacists would work well for having him work for his win while being able to get a clear victory

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I agree, when Tchalla told him to yield it should of been a powerful loud and clear command, kinda a slight lull in the fight to add weight to it, that Tchalla could of killed him, and he isn't invested in a death match.

But to me even on the final fight homie was working Erik, at no point did I think Erik had Tchalla on the ropes. Boy was getting worked hard. I think, Because Erik was such a well written villain and people sympathized with him, they put on those rose tinted glasses and ignored how he clearly was not a match for T'Challa I'm an actual death match be it clear headed or distracted T'Challa.

But I agree with you on the rest. T'Challa needs to fight an enemy that is much stronger then him. He basically needs to get that rematch with BD and actually be able to kick his ass on screen for longer then 2 sec. The supremacists would work well for having him work for his win while being able to get a clear victory
    Honestly, up until i saw the youtube with the healthbars, i thought the final fight was even; but mostly because it got a lil too cartoony that i couldn't really follow it all too well. But the last part when they had Erik overpowering BP with the knife was one of the few times we got to see things slowed down and focused, so was the next moment when BP out-crafted him and stabbed him in the chest. That's the sequence where bp looked on the ropes ('this is it, cousin") then outsmarted Erik for the win. But upon watching the youtube, it was clear BP was dominating from start to finish. So basically i want some cleaner wins for BP vs non-redshirts lol, like what we got vs Hawkeye and Bucky.

Now like you said, him fighting someone like BD or the Supremacists... yea, then i'd be down for him struggling and pulling out that major win bc of his wit and ability to adapt/strategize. That's the type of stuff i'd like to see from BP in his sequels and future Avenger/event films
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Shuri. Not as good as last week. She puts a Black Panther habit on at the end. Not sure if she is doing it just for appearances because there as no ritual on anything. I see it as the equivalent of Tchalla putting on a Panther like costume for Liss.

Avengers. Not much BP, but a good overall issue.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-20-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Honestly, up until i saw the youtube with the healthbars, i thought the final fight was even; but mostly because it got a lil too cartoony that i couldn't really follow it all too well. But the last part when they had Erik overpowering BP with the knife was one of the few times we got to see things slowed down and focused, so was the next moment when BP out-crafted him and stabbed him in the chest. That's the sequence where bp looked on the ropes ('this is it, cousin") then outsmarted Erik for the win. But upon watching the youtube, it was clear BP was dominating from start to finish. So basically i want some cleaner wins for BP vs non-redshirts lol, like what we got vs Hawkeye and Bucky.

Now like you said, him fighting someone like BD or the Supremacists... yea, then i'd be down for him struggling and pulling out that major win bc of his wit and ability to adapt/strategize. That's the type of stuff i'd like to see from BP in his sequels and future Avenger/event films
    Yeah it was a little hard to see but I saw it as T'Challa was holding the advantage mostly, Which is fine and realistically how it should of been. Erik operates on anger and against a master class fighter (especially one with a clear head) your not going to pull out the win on anger alone. That's why he had no choice but to compliment on T'Challas baller dagger to the chest. But I hear ya though, now is the time to pull out all the stops, especially because we know how well the habit tanks hits, he has to go against someone at minimum Spideys level of strength. They gotta go big

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

SWEET! Love em both but the bottom one is powerful!
    “‎There's no way to cheat a sensualist like me, somebody who can die laughing for hours over the pattern of the carpet in a hotel lobby.”