Page 156 of 744 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 11160

Motion to erase that... cat thing... from being discussed in this thread ever again

Can join the likes of Ultimate T'challa.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Motion seconded. Any objections?

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    My problems with Priest making the Panther God Bast (one of the few choices he made I didn't care for) are three-fold:

1. It confuses the gender issue. Bast is a goddess, after all, and the Egyptian pantheon does not have a tradition of switching gender. So you end up having to say things like "the Panther God(dess)".

2. It takes away Wakanda's uniqueness. Instead of their own rich heritage, their culture is positioned as something of an Egyptian offshoot. Theoretically, what Coates did with the Orishas would have changed that, if it wasn't so ham-handed, inconsistent with existing Marvel continuity, and ultimately pointless.

3. Speaking of which... Marvel has been horrible at the way they handle the Egyptian gods, anyway. The only one who gets consistently strong characterization is Set, and even he went through a phase of looking like a giant frog for some reason. The others either get treated like hallucinations (in MOON KNIGHT, depending on the writer) or comic relief.

I mean, which lion god would YOU prefer? This?

Or this?

(From an in-continuity, non-parody, Marvel comic)

That was Hathor. But it could have just as easily been Bast.
    Again though, I do wonder if Hudlins usage of Morlun was an attempt to make separate the lion god/goddess from Hathor.

Granted the lion god we saw in Avengers doesn't particularly resemble Hathor or Morlun... but at least the gender is right.

Though Thors differing interaction with the Lion is kinda funny.

If it were up to me, the Black Panther God and the White Panther God would be two aspects of the same primordial (non-Egyptian) deity. One half protective, the other vengeful.

(Which means that yes, the Pantherball would end up being retconned, but given that nobody is using it anyway, I can live with that).

Do you guys think the BP2 should be an event movie (like IW for instance) or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Do you guys think the BP2 should be an event movie (like IW for instance) or not?
    What does that mean?

As in... add in a bunch of MCU characters like Civil War? If so, no. BP cast is full of strong actresses/actors and characters as is. Doesn't need more.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If it were up to me, the Black Panther God and the White Panther God would be two aspects of the same primordial (non-Egyptian) deity. One half protective, the other vengeful.

(Which means that yes, the Pantherball would end up being retconned, but given that nobody is using it anyway, I can live with that).
    When you say pantherball re you talking about the Tiger God Ewiing used?

Are you asking if it should be based on a marvel event?

I'm not sure any marvel events really work as a BP solo movie except for Doom War. And it might be too soon for that.

No. That would suggest that the franchise can't carry its own weight, and needs to bring in other characters to prop it up.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When you say pantherball re you talking about the Tiger God Ewiing used?
    Yes. Technically, I should have said Tigerball, but it's early and I haven't had my coffee yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What does that mean?

As in... add in a bunch of MCU characters like Civil War? If so, no. BP cast is full of strong actresses/actors and characters as is. Doesn't need more.
    Not necessarily adding a whole lot characters but mostly referring to the scope of the movie i.e lord of the rings.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new mcu character(s) in the sequel though just to increase interest.

No. That would suggest that the franchise can't carry its own weight, and needs to bring in other characters to prop it up.

Yes. Technically, I should have said Tigerball, but it's early and I haven't had my coffee yet.
    As long as they are not taking up the most from the film, then I wouldn't mind.

The one interesting thing about that is that Kasper could start credibly calling himself White Tiger again. It's all connected.

Not necessarily adding a whole lot characters but mostly referring to the scope of the movie i.e lord of the rings.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new mcu character(s) in the sequel though just to increase interest.
    You need to be more specific. What you are saying is too vague to mean anything. The first movie was in Wakanda, Nigeria, Britain (I think), Korea, and the Djalia and involved a global plot of uprising dark skin folk everywhere on the planet.

If Coogler threw in more MCU people, many of you would complain because T'challa got less lines and "wasn't the focus" or something lol. Team Wakanda already has T'challa, Okoye, Nakia, Shuri, and M'baku demanding screen time, in addition to the villain(s) and possibly more W'kabi, Ramonda, and Ross.

This isn't a Captain America situation where all the main characters of the first movie were basically dead besides Cap. Or an Iron Man situation where he only had a few costars of note (Stark, Pepper, Rhodey, and Happy)
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-22-2019 at 07:50 AM.

So the idea was the Gorilla god wasn't actually a god? I guess that sort of makes sense.

Wakandans worshipped Storm as a goddess. And apparently the lion cult worshipped Morlun as the lion god.
    I double checked the caption, it doesnt say southern Wakanda like I thought, it just says the far side of the continent. Wakandans didnt summon Morlun.

Are you asking if it should be based on a marvel event?

I'm not sure any marvel events really work as a BP solo movie except for Doom War. And it might be too soon for that.
    I will save that for a third movie or an Avengers movie even.

I will say Sturm Und Drang can work as an event movie for a BP solo. Wakanda against Atlantis/Lemuria, some of the avengers interfering, Achebe using this as an advantage, Other world leaders, weighing on the matter i.e Doom etc. I don't know if I will do that for a sequel as it might be too much to cram in.