Page 158 of 744 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I didn't hate the show, but they would need a lot more development to be an advisory. At the end of the show they're basically starting their society over.
    There is no way in hell Feige lets that abomination get anywhere near the real MCU lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I would like to see Azania in the sequel film. It would be interesting to see how the world reacts to T'Challa officially revealing Wakanda to the world; especially so for Azania which is extremely close to Wakanda. I think the Supremacists would be interesting foes for T'Challa to face (although I think they can use a better team name).
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would like to see Azania in the sequel film. It would be interesting to see how the world reacts to T'Challa officially revealing Wakanda to the world; especially so for Azania which is extremely close to Wakanda. I think the Supremacists would be interesting foes for T'Challa to face (although I think they can use a better team name).
    I sort of wish the Supremacists weren't beaten in a single issue. If they were build up a little as a bigger threat, maybe in a seperate story, they could have been established as one of the more siginficant threats in BP's rogues gallery rather than a one off which is never seen again. It might be cool if the movies scrapped some of the cheese off of them, modernized them a bit, and brought them back. Because really you can argue they are a bigger physical threat than anyone else in his rogues gallery apart from Klaw. Seeing BP fight them and pick them off on the big screen one at a time would be cool.

I think Coogler needs to stick with the same idea from the first. James Bond meets Ninja's and superheros with real world issues having a piece of the pie. In that case gilis story works, EotS works too but might be harder to tie in or they have to use it in name only. But I think that should be the focus. For me at least what made BP so good was that it wasn't afraid to get Away from super hero stuff some and nake itself stand out from tue run of the mill.

Also I agree Kasper should take over the HZ, nunakia can take over the DM and Okoye gets that fatty promotion to general over the Wakandan military as a whole (DM and HZ included) on top of her director of AoW position.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The season before Panther's Quest was a lot better than previous Avengers Assemble seasons. And I *think* Redjack wrote some of it...
    Secret Wars. Yeah I wrote some of those but I wasn't driving. Eugene Son was, with Dani Wolf as co-pilot.

This IS NOT BACKSTAGE INFO; JUST MY OPINION but I also feel there was a massive change in tone and approach that happened in season four. I don't think it's overselling it to say, even though the seasons aren't connected, story-wise, (except for the Halloween episode I wrote) if not for Season 4 we'd have never had Black Panther's Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Secret Wars. Yeah I wrote some of those but I wasn't driving. Eugene Son was, with Dani Wolf as co-pilot.

This IS NOT BACKSTAGE INFO; JUST MY OPINION but I also feel there was a massive change in tone and approach that happened in season four. I don't think it's overselling it to say, even though the seasons aren't connected, story-wise, (except for the Halloween episode I wrote) if not for Season 4 we'd have never had Black Panther's Quest.
    Something happened.

It went from "only kids can like" to something a lil older

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Something happened.

It went from "only kids can like" to something a lil older
    I think it's because Loeb left the running of Marvel Animation to Steve Wacker, basically.

The quality of all the cartoons started to pick up once he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's because Loeb left the running of Marvel Animation to Steve Wacker, basically.

Is Loeb the one that destroyed the ultimate universe?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    That was Hathor. But it could have just as easily been Bast.
    Now that specific portrayal of Hathor is deliberately comedic. That being said, having recently been listening to the History of Egypt podcast, Hathor is flat out scary. Quite possibly one of the most intimidating Egyptian gods. She's seriously powerful and even the other gods were afraid of her. Given that, I don't have a problem with associating the Lion god with Hathor in the same sense of the Panther god being associated with Bast.

I'll also add that Bast doesn't appear to Wakandans in the same way as Egyptians. The typical Panther iconography hasn't changed.

And I'll say this as someone who wasn't a fan of the retcon when it began. But I think we're past that point.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Steve's pretty awesome, I must admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    My problems with Priest making the Panther God Bast (one of the few choices he made I didn't care for) are three-fold:

1. It confuses the gender issue. Bast is a goddess, after all, and the Egyptian pantheon does not have a tradition of switching gender. So you end up having to say things like "the Panther God(dess)".

2. It takes away Wakanda's uniqueness. Instead of their own rich heritage, their culture is positioned as something of an Egyptian offshoot. Theoretically, what Coates did with the Orishas would have changed that, if it wasn't so ham-handed, inconsistent with existing Marvel continuity, and ultimately pointless.

3. Speaking of which... Marvel has been horrible at the way they handle the Egyptian gods, anyway. The only one who gets consistently strong characterization is Set, and even he went through a phase of looking like a giant frog for some reason. The others either get treated like hallucinations (in MOON KNIGHT, depending on the writer) or comic relief.

I mean, which lion god would YOU prefer? This?

Or this?

(From an in-continuity, non-parody, Marvel comic)

That was Hathor. But it could have just as easily been Bast.

What comic is the second image from?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    So the idea was the Gorilla god wasn't actually a god? I guess that sort of makes sense.

Wakandans worshipped Storm as a goddess. And apparently the lion cult worshipped Morlun as the lion god.
    Was it stated that the Lion Cult actually worshiped Morlun? I just figured they knew about his ability to devour totems and used their magic to resurrect him and then have him attack Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What comic is the second image from?
    Heroic Age: Prince Of Power #3

Is Loeb the one that destroyed the ultimate universe?
    Well, from a certain point of view ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Now that specific portrayal of Hathor is deliberately comedic. That being said, having recently been listening to the History of Egypt podcast, Hathor is flat out scary. Quite possibly one of the most intimidating Egyptian gods. She's seriously powerful and even the other gods were afraid of her. Given that, I don't have a problem with associating the Lion god with Hathor in the same sense of the Panther god being associated with Bast.

I'll also add that Bast doesn't appear to Wakandans in the same way as Egyptians. The typical Panther iconography hasn't changed.

And I'll say this as someone who wasn't a fan of the retcon when it began. But I think we're past that point.
    I would like to see that hathor appear in the comics, marvel needs more powerful villains and especially T'Challa