Page 16 of 744 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    What is the Heart of Wakanda?

Hint: The Movies and comics won't help you guess.
    Something used by Bashenga or any previous Black Panther to unite the various tribes that’s responsible for who they are that’s not tied to vibranium?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds like a win-win. I did like the part where Black Panther reasoned with Spider-Man based on the fact that both of them have had their actions misinterpreted and misunderstood --- if not deliberately misrepresented --- to be those of criminals rather than heroes. Part 1 was good, too; I rather appreciated that the so-called bad guy was more concerned with the risk to innocent lives incurred by the so-called good guy(s) trying to bring him in, as it was an intriguing demonstration of the reality that things weren't nearly as black-and-white as the Avengers (and the Winter Soldier) wanted to believe. Of course, that same reality did come into play with how Spider-Man and Black Panther ended their interaction in Part 2, so I was definitely there for that as well. All in all, I'm looking forward to the next episode(s) already.
    Yes it was a masterful play by Redjack showing who the true "heroes and villains" were. But even then it that exchange, T'Challa planned for the encounter to further his goal and that was a brilliant move, this special coming back was so intense and we are still just getting started on what's to come. People were already losing their isht over BP vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    What is the Heart of Wakanda?

Hint: The Movies and comics won't help you guess.
    Is it the antithesis to Karen's bland-ass potato salad???

Sorry, it's late and that's all i could think of..
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes it was a masterful play by Redjack showing who the true "heroes and villains" were. But even then it that exchange, T'Challa planned for the encounter to further his goal and that was a brilliant move, this special coming back was so intense and we are still just getting started on what's to come. People were already losing their isht over BP vs Thor
    The fights in the first part were phenomenal. Caught me by surprise with how things escalated after we just came off an escalation in the mid-season finale

BP vs Ironman is always fun times
    Black Panther vs Thor

Speaking of fights...

Rumor has it that Chadwick Boseman and Michael B got into an altercation at the Golden Globes!

Which one of you wants to play Wendy Williams and pull receipts on this breaking news or fake news!

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm getting back to the blog finally. I think.

First thing I am doing is overhauling the feats list. It is simply too big as is and needs to be broken up into categories.

Here are the categories I am going to roll with I think:

Strength- self explanatory

Speed and Agility- self explanatory

Intelligence and Prep- this covers stuff T'challa explicitly made/designed on panel, prep feats, and mid fight intelligence

Technological- these includes tech t'challa has used. so this includes the vibranium mesh, energy dagger, on down to knock out gas, ect. A lot of this stuff he used but wasn't explicitely shown to be designed by T'challa. Little bit of judgement goes in whether it ends up here or in Intelligence/prep. The list gets too damn big if I combine them.

Durability- self explanatory

Enhanced Senses: smell, hearing, sight feats essentially

Combat: this serves as a catch all for things that don't fit along with stuff like nerve strikes, sneaking up on people, telepathic blocking, weilding the IG, ect

Do you think something should be added, combined, or broken up?
    I would also add a section specifically for T’Challa’s mystical/supernatural abilities, it seems to get overlooked, which is a shame since he’s one of the few that has a foot in both tech and magic

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    I would also add a section specifically for T’Challa’s mystical/supernatural abilities, it seems to get overlooked, which is a shame since he’s one of the few that has a foot in both tech and magic
    This is true actually, and I'm really hoping this side of T'Challa gets more development. I think one thing T'Challa would need is a great writer that can tackle the scientific/technological side as well as the mystical/supernatural side at the same time that feels organic. Sometimes it feels like it's an either or situation where one is prioritised over the other. Priest is one I think that did this really well.

I think one way to do it would be to make that side be more of spirituality than mysticism (like the movie did) but that can only work in a place like the MCU where there's hardly any true mysticism or occultism at the moment. It can work because in that universe Thor can be considered to be either an alien in the stereotypical sci-fi sense or an actual god (neither of which is been given hard confirmation). It may not completely work in the MU that unapologetically has a distinct mystical side.

For instance in the film, anyone who ingests the heart shaped herb can go to the Ancestral Plane and commune with their ancestors. It sounds pretty mystical, but the way the film chooses to handle it is that the Ancestral Plane is a reflection of the person's conscience and state of mind rather than a mystical location, evident by dialogue and visual representation. T'Challa's first visit displays a sombre night sky of purples and blues, an African savanna similar to the one that surrounds Wakanda, and it confirms his guilt for being unable to save his father as he mourns him as well as his need to be a great king just like T'Chaka was to him. Furthermore T'Chaka's advice can be seen as a reflection of his initial instincts on how to be king ("surround yourself with people you trust"). On the other hand Killmonger's first and only visit take him to his apartment in Oakland (with the purple skies outside) as he rummages through his father's things and the moment N'Jobu appears, Killmonger is young Erik Stevens/N'Jadaka again, confirming that it's part flashback but also shows Killmonger inside is still a young, confused and traumatised boy. Likewise, T'Challa's second visit allows him to berate his fathers and his ancestors for keeping Wakanda hidden and leaving young N'Jadaka behind in a brightly lit sunrise after learning the truth and experiencing Killmonger's rage.

So if I were to add that to the comics, I'll state it as T'Challa can visit/access the Ancestral Plane, but can do the above and more with it. Like being able to call upon other past Black Panthers for advice, as well as experience their own memories by transporting to their past consciousness or something. Think Avatar: The Last Airbender and Assassin's Creed. And I would make it ritual based (like being buried in Necropolis (for the communion thing) or while wearing the particular Black Panther's tribal mask (for the memory thing) rather than it being just instantaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    Other than raising zombies one time, talking to dead spirits, and a spear... what are you referring to exactly?

"durability" is my smallest category and it still has 9 feats (with more coming, im just really behind).
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-08-2019 at 05:38 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    The fights in the first part were phenomenal. Caught me by surprise with how things escalated after we just came off an escalation in the mid-season finale

BP vs Ironman is always fun times
    BP vs IM WS were by far the biggest highlights of the special. The way T'Challa rocked on and out prepped them was awesome. Even though you're led to believe he simply Lost to WS. You find out it wasn't the case and was according to plan. Plus ws rampaging around and Tchalla was still concerned about saving lives really showcases why he is a good man with a good heart

I wouldn't mind if Doctor Voodoo spent more time hanging out with T'challa.

T'challa, Voodoo, and Manifold would be a pretty solid "Amazing Friends" group.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

Can we just have Jericho, and have Eden kick rocks?

I'd rather have Ty than Eden, but really Jericho makes both of them redundant.

Jericho will be the next big thing not named Monica Rambeau.. if MCU doesnt "Rhodey" him..
    Black Panther vs Thor

I think War Machines funeral established that pretty much all the black super heroes to some degree net work with each other. So it's not that hard to do.

I think MCU N'Kano can be the next Gon (HxH).

Make him younger with Gon's charm, ditch the Luke cage head gear, and let him be lit with his vibration powers and a mini Kobe fro

Vibraxas is a lame ass name tho.

QDJ should be similar age and his bff

Then those 3 and Miles can team up in Avengers 5 or the inevitable Champions movie with Kamala and Sam
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Can we just have Jericho, and have Eden kick rocks?

I'd rather have Ty than Eden, but really Jericho makes both of them redundant.
    I'm assuming Voodoo can already teleport, don't really need Eden around.

Jericho will be the next big thing not named Monica Rambeau.. if MCU doesnt "Rhodey" him..
    I'm hoping Voodoo gets introduced in DS2.

Not as a sidekick though... but as access to a whole branch of magic Strange and Kamar Taj in general don't mess with.

aka... Nightmare and Mordo kick his ass, Strange heads someplace that is barely mentioned in the texts (photographic memory) and it leads him to Voodoo. And strange just gets a taste of it, doesn't magicaly memorize the whole voodoo playbook

So you introduce Voodoo as this badass, give him some feats, but still leave him vague enough to spin him off to his own movie

or something
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    BP vs IM WS were by far the biggest highlights of the special. The way T'Challa rocked on and out prepped them was awesome. Even though you're led to believe he simply Lost to WS. You find out it wasn't the case and was according to plan. Plus ws rampaging around and Tchalla was still concerned about saving lives really showcases why he is a good man with a good heart
    Pantherjack vs Dr. Doom
    Black Panther vs Thor