Page 162 of 744 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    What if we're overlooking the obvious villain for the sequel?

M'Baku?

The first movie developed him enough for us to care about him.
    I think that'd be as bad and as lazy as bringing Killmonger back. M'Baku's evolution to hero is the reason people care about him
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

As far as the that other character some of us have been talkin about, they wouldn't be course-correcting her in the comics for any other reason but because Feige will put her in charge in the movies... a move done not because of prior qualification but in direct response to the criticisms of waaaay too many white guys all in the video for 95% of the mcu films.

So do i find fault in a reactive instead of proactive attempt at "doing the right thing"? Of course i do!

But the silver lining is that as long as they keep those certain characters the fukk away from the BP mytho, you wouldn't hear any complaints from me
    Black Panther vs Thor

And of course, purely hypothetical. Because Feige might not care and may just go with the white guys. In which case, too bad so sad. But don't put the onus on BP franchise to compensate!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I think that'd be as bad and as lazy as bringing Killmonger back. M'Baku's evolution to hero is the reason people care about him
    The irony is that there were/are a lot of people who viewed Killmonger as a hero as well.

Its very possible that they could portray M'Baku deciding that tradition is more important that losing ourselves to being so open and integrated. The events of IW could be the jumping off point (depending on how they handle that)

Also this is Coogler. It could portray the subtext that many people debate about the loss of black business, culture and development.

Killmonger was about unleashing Wakanda on the rest of the world. M'Baku could be about retaining what Wakanda truly is.

The irony is that there were/are a lot of people who viewed Killmonger as a hero as well.

Its very possible that they could portray M'Baku deciding that tradition is more important that losing ourselves to being so open and integrated. The events of IW could be the jumping off point (depending on how they handle that)

Also this is Coogler. It could portray the subtext that many people debate about the loss of black business, culture and development.

Killmonger was about unleashing Wakanda on the rest of the world. M'Baku could be about retaining what Wakanda truly is.
    Anything is possible, but I doubt this. They've already portrayed M'Baku and T'Challa as brothers in arms in Infinity War; and the issue at the end wasn't a consequence of no tradition but of Thanos. Prior to the snap M'Baku was happy as hell beating 6 armed alien repitles

The irony of Killmonger being a hero isn't the point in relation to M'Baku; the point is going backwards on a character after you've already moved them forward. Erik is dead and M'Baku has evolved. The real villain being overlooked, if any, would be W'Kabi
    Black Panther vs Thor

If M'baku would have balked at helping outsiders with Wakandan blood in Infinity War, then I could see a villain turn.

Instead, he took his tribe to the front lines to fight and die next to the outside world.

Only way he goes back bad now is via demon possession or something supernatural when trying to power up. He basically took W'kabi "black best friend" role. He's gonna be the best man at the wedding.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Put another way, Coogler didn't have M'Baku save BP's life, pass on the heart-shaped herb in favor of BP, protect BP's mom, save the Doras in the final battle, and re-integrate his tribe with the 4 tribes... just to have M'Baku regress back to where he was in the first ceremonial battle.

I mean sure, it's possible, but that'd just be silly and a waste of a first movie. He already lost the ceremonial battle and has shown that he's an honorable warrior above all else. He wasn't even a villain in the first movie when you look at the details
    Black Panther vs Thor

He wasn't even a villain in the first movie when you look at the details
    Yeah, that is a good point.

Dude just showed up to the challenge to make sure Wakanda's king wasn't a bitch lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If M'baku would have balked at helping outsiders with Wakandan blood in Infinity War, then I could see a villain turn.

Instead, he took his tribe to the front lines to fight and die next to the outside world.

Only way he goes back bad now is via demon possession or something supernatural when trying to power up. He basically took W'kabi "black best friend" role. He's gonna be the best man at the wedding.
    Course, in the comics M'Baku and T'CHalla were actuallly best friends before he turned on him.

It could end up more of an Xavier/Magneto thing. They're friends and they respect each other, and they have valid perspective... but those perspective aren't necessarily goingj to always line up.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, that is a good point.

Dude just showed up to the challenge to make sure Wakanda's king wasn't a bitch lol
    Him being a villain was really just a misdirect by Coogler. He wasn't any more a bad guy than the late-entry candidate running independent at an election. If anything, the 4 tribes were the elitists and he bravely walked himself into enemy territory
    Black Panther vs Thor

Let's keep M'Baku heroic, you know, to show that TWO black men can be heroic at the same time in the same movie. That in and of itself can be radical.

Hopefully less cuts in the sequel as well.

This is great with no cuts as is.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, in the comics M'Baku and T'CHalla were actuallly best friends before he turned on him.

It could end up more of an Xavier/Magneto thing. They're friends and they respect each other, and they have valid perspective... but those perspective aren't necessarily goingj to always line up.
    Exactly this.

I'm not saying M'Baku would hate T'Challa. He'll just do what he thinks is best for his people (all people of Wakanda)

The fact we care so much about him from the first film would make it even more compelling. Now there could be someone else that plays the behind the scenes villain, but the ultimate showdown is M'Baku vs. T'Challa.

Maybe switch it up and have Madame Slay be M'Baku's woman instead of Killmonger. She's the Lady MacBeth of Wakanda.

Him being a villain was really just a misdirect by Coogler. He wasn't any more a bad guy than the late-entry candidate running independent at an election. If anything, the 4 tribes were the elitists and he bravely walked himself into enemy territory
    I think Coogler portrayed him correctly. He was a rival. Now they are friends. However, things change over the years.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 02-24-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Just naw, I think there are better prospects to be mined for a good villain. M' Baku being a bad guy all the way feels wrong. Like Luke Skywalker kissing Leia wrong. I would die to see Moses Magnum updated and made formidable in a Doctor Doom kind of way with powers and army to threaten Wakanda.

Exactly this.

I'm not saying M'Baku would hate T'Challa. He'll just do what he thinks is best for his people (all people of Wakanda)

The fact we care so much about him from the first film would make it even more compelling. Now there could be someone else that plays the behind the scenes villain, but the ultimate showdown is M'Baku vs. T'Challa.

I think Coogler portrayed him correctly. He was a rival. Now they are friends. However, things change over the years.
    Just speculating there... but with T'Challa gone I would think M'Baku would be the logical person to rule Wakanda. Shuri didn't seem all that interested in going for the throne after T'CHalla lost it in the first movie. M'Baku in that position might do things differently than T'Challa... and that MIGHT be an issue when T'Challa comes back and wants his throne back.

Again though I'm just specuting. We'll see.