Page 163 of 744 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Just naw, I think there are better prospects to be mined for a good villain. M' Baku being a bad guy all the way feels wrong. Like Luke Skywalker kissing Leia wrong. I would die to see Moses Magnum updated and made formidable in a Doctor Doom kind of way with powers and army to threaten Wakanda.
    Moses showed up in the Shuri book, so that might be an indicator that the BP franchise is trying to sort of claim the character into BP's rogues gallery.

And T'Challa usage of vibranium does potentially make him the perfect foil for him, similar to Klaw.

Not sure I'd see him as a Doom type at least in the comics. But in movies, he's a blank slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    but the ultimate showdown is M'Baku vs. T'Challa.
    We know how that ends lol

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Feels like Groundhog's Day, I could have sworn we all had this exact same conversation a month ago and even repeated some of the same things verbatim.

Freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Him being a villain was really just a misdirect by Coogler. He wasn't any more a bad guy than the late-entry candidate running independent at an election. If anything, the 4 tribes were the elitists and he bravely walked himself into enemy territory
    In some ways, I am disappointed in the mining and merchant tribes.

River tribe gets a pass because Nakia can't fight her boo.

Border tribe gets a pass because W'baki can't fight his BFF.

But mining? merchant?

You ain't gonna test the new king? Aint' gonna take your shot at the throne?

Can't let a dude go unopposed. M'baku was the peoples champion lol. That is probably why he came in late at the last second. He was watching from afar expecting someone to test the new dude and instead, everyone bitched out.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Feels like Groundhog's Day, I could have sworn we all had this exact same conversation a month ago and even repeated some of the same things verbatim.

Freaky.

Just wait for "Nakia should be Malice and the villain"

It's coming. That is usually what follows after the "Mbaku the villain" dies down.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

It's coming. That is usually what follows after the "Mbaku the villain" dies down.
    Shrugs. At least folks are consistent.

But I'll say this: wouldn't M'Baku basically be The Lancer in a five-man band configuration? The only real question is which is Luke and which is Han, since they both can't be Han. lol Or he could be both Lancer and Strong Guy.

Exactly this.

I'm not saying M'Baku would hate T'Challa. He'll just do what he thinks is best for his people (all people of Wakanda)

The fact we care so much about him from the first film would make it even more compelling. Now there could be someone else that plays the behind the scenes villain, but the ultimate showdown is M'Baku vs. T'Challa.

Maybe switch it up and have Madame Slay be M'Baku's woman instead of Killmonger. She's the Lady MacBeth of Wakanda.

I think Coogler portrayed him correctly. He was a rival. Now they are friends. However, things change over the years.
    One thing your forgetting is, while yes Tchalla abf M'Baku were best friends in the comics then turned enemies, they started that way then degraded to enemies. In the movie, it's the opposite, they started off as "enemies" Tchalla showed mercy and respect, M'Baku returned it and they became friends. To then go and turn him to a villain would be lazy, and regress his growth from the first movie. Which would be a disservice. It wouldn't be compelling, it would be very petty on M'Bakus end. Plus we all know M'Duke is too charismatic to be relegated to villain now

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    One thing your forgetting is, while yes Tchalla abf M'Baku were best friends in the comics then turned enemies, they started that way then degraded to enemies. In the movie, it's the opposite, they started off as "enemies" Tchalla showed mercy and respect, M'Baku returned it and they became friends. To then go and turn him to a villain would be lazy, and regress his growth from the first movie. Which would be a disservice. It wouldn't be compelling, it would be very petty on M'Bakus end. Plus we all know M'Duke is too charismatic to be relegated to villain now
    They relegated Jordan to being a villain. Having a charismatic actor play a villain wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Just saying.

Looking forward to tonight's two episodes. Last week was such a cliff-hanger and has me a little on edge for BP and Shuri.

Two things.

1 I don't know wtf Nnedi is doing, but it is beyond ridiculous and is just adding more nonsense to the BP mythos that isn't actually good for it while continuing to be hot garbage.

Second Avengers continues to be straight fire. I like David Marquez drawings of T'Challa.. literally all it's missing is the accent's on the face and it would of been perfect.

Good story, very exciting and I can't wait for the next issue. The Shadow Colonel and hid crew seem legit

I think Coogler portrayed him correctly. He was a rival. Now they are friends. However, things change over the years.
    You mean like with T'Challa and W'Kabi?

M'Baku ain't turning villain anymore than Nakia is turning "Malice", which ppl were swearing would happen in the first movie.. despite Lupita spelling it out to everyone that wasn't happening lol
    Last edited by Rumble; 02-24-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Hah

I KNEW this conversation felt familiar. Not sure what ppl's obsession with this conspiracy theory mindset for these two is about, when it's been laid out/spelled out that these ppl are HEROIC in this 3 movie trilogy.

With Nakia I understand, bc they're a bit bitter about the implications. But M'Baku? We're gonna waste a 2nd movie to undo M'Baku.. who BP already beat... instead of introducing actual villains for them to tag team against? Yea, that makes sense...

Might as well theorize Ayo will lead a Dora rebellion in BP 2 bc of Infinity War while we're at it...
    Last edited by Rumble; 02-24-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Oscars starting in 20 minutes. I still want to emphasize that it's a travesty that it didn't get nominated for Best Hair and Makeup. However, it better win for Costume Design and will be a strong contender for Production Design, Original Score, and, of course, Best Picture. The amount of artistry and expertise that went into this movie from top to bottom shouldn't be forgotten even if it doesn't ultimately win the biggest award of the night.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

1:12 mark
    On Similiarites with M'Baku
    "M'Baku isn't apologetic at all. I live in this world, so I can't be M'Baku; I can't be barking at people when they speak out of turn. He's unapologetically himself and that's something I feel like I could grow into more. But I think those sentiments of family, community, justice, and fairness that he possesses, an integrity that he possesses, that's what I attach myself to really quickly."
    Winston been gave us M'Baku's character traits lol

He's heroic now and lowkey was never a villain to begin with in the MCU. But whatevahh
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Looking forward to tonight's two episodes. Last week was such a cliff-hanger and has me a little on edge for BP and Shuri.
    The summaries are in the Avengers wiki Persia page.