Page 173 of 744 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    BTW, I don't know if anyone else realizes this, but the latest issue of Marvel Comics Presents has the oddest Wakanda retcon. Apparently, Ken Hale, aka The Gorilla Man (originally from Men's Adventures Comic #24 in 1954) got transformed into a Gorilla by the Jabari Gorilla God (described as "Gri" in the story). Not knowing anything about the character until I just looked it up, I guess it sort of fits. That's really all I have to add, though.
    Note: the Gorilla God's name in the story is actually Ngi. It was cool seeing him team with T'Challa and getting some backstory on the Gorilla God. I wonder if this will lead to future stories between these two in the future.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Note: the Gorilla God's name in the story is actually Ngi. It was cool seeing him team with T'Challa and getting some backstory on the Gorilla God. I wonder if this will lead to future stories between these two in the future.
    They are already working together in the Agents of Wakanda. It's be interesting to see if Aaron decides to pick up on any of the threads being left here.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They are already working together in the Agents of Wakanda. It's be interesting to see if Aaron decides to pick up on any of the threads being left here.
    I forgot that Gorilla Man is in Agents of Wakanda. I wonder if it will be used as a future plot point or if it will simply be forgotten.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamba_(god)

Zamba is the Supreme Creator-God of the Yaoundé people of the Cameroons.…his four sons, Ngi (gorilla) the strong, N'Kokon (mantis) the wise, Otukut (lizard) the fool, and Wo (chimpanzee) the curious.

That was rather worthless to the main story. Normally an info dump issue gets you more connections to the central plot. This felt like taking a drive 10 miles to a convenience store when there is a similar store with better products in walking distance.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    This may be splitting hairs, but M'Baku was a part of a white Gorilla cult and this god and the gorillas with him didn't seem white. Could mean absolutely nothing as Bast sometimes is a white panther and sometimes is something else... but perhaps there are multiple gorilla gods. THat's probably overthinking it though... easier to just assume it's one and the same.
    That's true, but it's clear what the intent is.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't go back and check before posting.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Coates is a bum. This will be the 2nd or 3rd time this bum will have the BP book threatening to dip below 20k; the other times they saved his bum ass with relaunches/re-numbering tactics

Best stretch of BP's existence and this bum ouchea wasting 22 pages a month reserved for BP stories
    I don't really care if Reed is or isn't T'Challa's best white friend, but how this Dan Slott guy gonna have Doom mention to Reed that Galactus became the Lifebringer as a big scientific point but not mention to Reed that T'Challa was the one who did dat ****?

It's like, how is Dan Slott gonna have Reed come back to 616 after 2016 Secret Wars but then not have him and T'Challa catch up on all the **** that been happened since, as if they weren't the two who did dat **** in 2016 Secret Wars?

How is Dan Slott gon act like Reed wasn't T'Challa's best white friend from *scratches head like Kawhi* 2012-2016? Like Hickman ain't do that ****? Again, there's other best white friends for T'Challa, but don't just throw all of Hickman's hard work to the bushes
    It's lack of respect. You would think after BP blew up like he did, and how he had such huge roles over the last several years in event's that people would wake up out respect on his name.. but I guess that's hard to do when the dude they have writing his solo can be bothered to respect his name himself. Just utter garbage and I thought we were going to move past the point where folks don't give credit where credit is due.

Reed and T'Challa should of met by now to Talk about what has happened. It's BS

M'baku was never blessed. He just drank the blood of the great white gorilla to gain a power up

Hmm so that begs a question though... who is stronger? Gorilla Man blessed by Ngi or M'baku who simply found a white ape, killedit, and powered up?

Someone give me some Gorilla Man feats!!!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That was rather worthless to the main story. Normally an info dump issue gets you more connections to the central plot. This felt like taking a drive 10 miles to a convenience store when there is a similar store with better products in walking distance.
    YUp

I don't really care if Reed is or isn't T'Challa's best white friend, but how this Dan Slott guy gonna have Doom mention to Reed that Galactus became the Lifebringer as a big scientific point but not mention to Reed that T'Challa was the one who did dat ****?

It's like, how is Dan Slott gonna have Reed come back to 616 after 2016 Secret Wars but then not have him and T'Challa catch up on all the **** that been happened since, as if they weren't the two who did dat **** in 2016 Secret Wars?

How is Dan Slott gon act like Reed wasn't T'Challa's best white friend from *scratches head like Kawhi* 2012-2016? Like Hickman ain't do that ****? Again, there's other best white friends for T'Challa, but don't just throw all of Hickman's hard work to the bushes
    Old head comic writes can't stand it. gotta put the OG's back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I wonder if there's a relationship to the Orishas or if he's just drawing on the names.
    Weird they didn't just go wth movie synergy and use Haruman
    I'm not sure why he would be better than Eden, tbh.
    I think T'hcalla talked to Gorilla Dude more in this issue 1/3 issue than T'challa has talked to Eden in 3 years

That was one of the things I found more interesting. T'Challa was skeptical of the existence of the Gorilla god at some point in the past. He also had significant distrust of Jabari tribe. I don't think it's crazy that, as he learned more, that his position has changed. At a minimum, he's trying to help this dude out and realizes this is the best way.
    He literally just saw the MA wipe out the Jabari and shrugged and let it happen. And then let the conquerers keep the lands for reasons. and it was mentioned "we never really liked them anyway" by either him or shuri after the fact.

That is a quick turn around.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Chip Zdarsky is my current favorite Marvel writer, I wouldn't mind seeing him teamed up with an A-List artist and relaunching Black Panther. Or Donny Cates.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Chip Zdarsky is my current favorite Marvel writer, I wouldn't mind seeing him teamed up with an A-List artist and relaunching Black Panther. Or Donny Cates.
    Cates is slowly becoming the new Bendis when it comes to continuity. Dude just does what he wants. I really hated Death of the Inhumans and his Venom is slowly losing me. Last issue was eh.

I do like Chip a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cates is slowly becoming the new Bendis when it comes to continuity. Dude just does what he wants. I really hated Death of the Inhumans and his Venom is slowly losing me. Last issue was eh.

I do like Chip a lot.
    I question if Coates is seasoned enough to do a crossover but it's crazy to me that there wouldn't be a Captain America/Black Panther/Invaders crossover. Coates is writing Cap and BP, and Cap appears with Namor in Invaders, who is currently yet again itching for a battle with the surface world.

It's basically a gift wrapped crossover.

As for Cates, I agree he plays loose with continuity but, I when he's on it's pretty good. I wonder if he and Ewing could do something together, to even them out.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I question if Coates is seasoned enough to do a crossover but it's crazy to me that there wouldn't be a Captain America/Black Panther/Invaders crossover. Coates is writing Cap and BP, and Cap appears with Namor in Invaders, who is currently yet again itching for a battle with the surface world.

It's basically a gift wrapped crossover.

As for Cates, I agree he plays loose with continuity but, I when he's on it's pretty good. I wonder if he and Ewing could do something together, to even them out.
    Playing loose with continuity is "fine" when the stories are solid.

When the stories start slipping in quality like Bendis... it just becomes aggravating lol

I haven't read Captain America other than the Black Panther issue

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Playing loose with continuity is "fine" when the stories are solid.

When the stories start slipping in quality like Bendis... it just becomes aggravating lol

I haven't read Captain America other than the Black Panther issue
    Captain America is alright. It's a lot better than Coates' Black Panther.
    Pull List: