Page 176 of 744 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    who here is still reading the BP book?
    I'm still reading the title.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Book sales are a funny thing, because we get rankings, but not unit or dollar sales (those numbers are apparently proprietary to Bookscan).

But here's a formula I found that supposedly works as a rule of thumb:

100,000 / Amazon Rank = Number of copies sold per day.

(Note that this is overall rank, not GN or Marvel only).

Which means that currently, the great critical darling TNC is selling a grand total of about 7 copies of the first trade a day in soft or hardcover. Or ~200 a month.

Doesn't seem so great now, does it? He's doing a LITTLE better on the Kindle. There the first trade is selling... 3,000 a month.

Whee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    He literally has nothing to do with anything BP is doing in 616. They had him bring back Okoye for Jason Aaron and reset everything to what a casual coming out of the BP movie would expect, then they told him to take the year off. *shrug*
    Is this like when Jordan retired to play baseball but really it was to avoid getting suspended for gambling?

Just rumors of course
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Book sales are a funny thing, because we get rankings, but not unit or dollar sales (those numbers are apparently proprietary to Bookscan).

Which means that currently, the great critical darling TNC is selling a grand total of about 7 copies of the first trade a day in soft or hardcover. Or ~200 a month.

Doesn't seem so great now, does it? He's doing a LITTLE better on the Kindle. There the first trade is selling... 3,000 a month.

Whee.
    BoG is the number-crunching context-giving hero we deserve

Going by that equation, Shuri trade sells a grand total of... 14 books... a month.

This is all very fascinating
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is this like when Jordan retired to play baseball but really it was to avoid getting suspended for gambling?

Just rumors of course
    Yup. But if Jordan got suspended not for gambling but for being a bum
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

Whee.

BoG is the number-crunching context-giving hero we deserve

Going by that equation, Shuri trade sells a grand total of... 14 books... a month.

This is all very fascinating
    This subject has just gotten more and more baffling lol

Just gonna go back to comichron now thx k bye

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

This subject has just gotten more and more baffling lol

Just gonna go back to comichron now thx k bye
    comichron and boxofficemojo is all i need in this life of sin
    Black Panther vs Thor

Do you guys still read Shuri book?

Is there even still a Shuri thread? Nnedi really forced realdeal into retirement?
    Black Panther vs Thor

Do you guys still read Shuri book?

Is there even still a Shuri thread? Nnedi really forced realdeal into retirement?
    I read the ones previous to the lst one, which I just skimmed, shook my head, and quit. Figure I'll read the trade at BAM eventually. T'challa isn't really involved so its useless for the blog and all the canon stuff they are doing to Wakanda is just irritating and I don't want to waste the mental energy on it.

I figure once the dust settles on the current clusterF timeline wise with Black Panther, I'll go back and figure out what is still relevant and canon. For all I know, everything is gonna get wiped with T'challa comes back. Who knows. Same reason I am ignoring all the feats in the current solo book... I don't know if any of it is "real" or some Age of Apocalypse alternate dimension ****

RealDeal still has his IG fan page for Shuri, but yeah, the appreciate thread got locked when they went around locking all the huge threads and he never bothered to make another one. He was pretty bitter about the "new" Shuri in there, but he is still posting in the fan page so he must still be reading.

I am not sure how someone who is a fan of comic Shuri could stomach what they did. It isn't remotely the same character anymore and it happened overnight. At least Griot Shuri still had some of comic shuri's fire.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-01-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice scans. I like M'Baku but that really is a pathetic way to lose in the end.
    M'baku is just a low key dousche troll

- friends with the king, tries to steal the throne when hes gone
    - despite being a brute with super strength, tries the "fake death" approach to win. It works, eventually smashes himself like an idiot trying to prove a point
    - joins random villain group with a cool name, creates a fake mannequin of monica to beat BP
    - knows about the secret happy pants in BP run and trolls tchalla about it while getting beat up
    - promises his "queen" he wont do anything stupid when being let out of prison. Immediately smashes comatose happy pants and incites a war
    - wasn't invited to wedding, planned to show up and disrupt said wedding. shows up to fancy wedding dressed in a monkey suit

Marvel could easily get M'Baku over as an anti-hero right now. He's basically just that friend from wayback that T'challa likes but he can't take anywhere.

Have him start teaming up with Taskmaster and Black Ant.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I'd want a convaluted story of M'Baku becoming movie M'baku and taking ack the Jabari lands from the MA. Culminating in a 2 on 1 fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Marvel could easily get M'Baku over as an anti-hero right now. He's basically just that friend from wayback that T'challa likes but he can't take anywhere.

Have him start teaming up with Taskmaster and Black Ant.
    Sort of funny how there's a bit of a push to turn so many of BP'S rogues into anti-heroes. M'Baku, Nakia, Hunter ... even Kilmonger almost could be.

I'm not sure any other hero has so many theoretical tweeners in their rogues gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sort of funny how there's a bit of a push to turn so many of BP'S rogues into anti-heroes. M'Baku, Nakia, Hunter ... even Kilmonger almost could be.

I'm not sure any other hero has so many theoretical tweeners in their rogues gallery.
    The movie showed that there are better uses for the characters than their comic counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Because of his role as a king rather than a traditional superhero, it's much easier for his rogues to have situational ethics. They might have issues that put them at odds with BP specifically, or with something that effects Wakanda, but might not necessarily mean they are bent on world domination, or some scheme that would paint them as outwardly villains.

BP himself is a character that operates in shades of grey.

Like say BP and M'Baku are fighting because he thinks he should be ruler, but something happens that endangers a Wakandan child. M'Baku might very well aid T'challa in averting disaster and then go right back to fighting him on philosophical differences.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum