Page 181 of 744 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So is this Killmonger lion god thing part of the orisha or....

what about Ngi the gorilla god dude...

Did they both "ascend" because some people prayed a bit?

Someone explain this Wakandan god stuff for me lol?
    I thinks it's another leopard. She has the spots. Her it Bast could be fraternal twins?

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They got that Gaga/Cooper look going on.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    4 issues in and Killmonger a lame my bros. He a lame and ppl need to stop the caping just bc the art is pretty!

I mean sure, in issue 5 he done took some whey protein and the same stuff Jon Jones keeps gettin popped for, but did he need those first 4 issues to get to that point? Are they fukkin kiddin me? The first like 4 pages of his origin story in issue 1 was enough to get him to where he's at in issue 5.

Did we really need to see the token hispanic and the white dude from the A-Team show get taken out to push Erik to this point? Really? Really?

Come on now. Ain't no character development. He went from an angry Trey Songz puny guy to an angry Alistair Overeem horsemeat lookin ass. If I was T'Challa readin this mini i'd be like, "damn why he mad at me all of a sudden?? i ain't even do nuthin in 4 issues.. he should be tryna throw Natasha or fat ass Wilson off a muthafuckin waterfall, Bast damn it!"

And yes, to Marvell's point, it's still better than Coates book... but is that even saying anything at this point? It's like telling Lebron's Lakers, "well... at least yall ain't the Knicks!" Whooptie whoop!
    I think this is a well out together story, and it would be a GREAT mini for a new character.. but it's not a good killmonger story, because it takes all the stuff about MCU killmonger that people liked, and sidelines it in favor of promoting Fisk, and bulls eye widow and shield. We should be getting feats of why Erik is so dangerous. Dude is smart, and for whatever reason we aren't seeing the deadly side. Just the angry Black man, and MCU kilmonger was more then that

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I thinks it's another leopard. She has the spots. Her it Bast could be fraternal twins?
    That sort of confused me too. The Lion God or Hathor would be the obvious counter part to Bast, but this was clearly a leopard (or Cheetah I guess). Granted Hathor can look however she wants (if it is Hathor and not some completely new goddess) but still.... if it is her, it's another departure, albeit a slight one, from the last time we saw Hathor in that Hercules book.

I suppose it could be as simple as movie synergy. Movie Killmonger had leopard spots on his suit.

Or it simply might not be Hathor.

Or this could all be in Killmongers head, and he has absolutely has no clue what Hathor looks like. Or Bast for that matter. The smart play for the writers might be to keep this all vague, so we're not sure if any of that is even real or if Killmonger is just plain nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think this is a well out together story, and it would be a GREAT mini for a new character.. but it's not a good killmonger story, because it takes all the stuff about MCU killmonger that people liked, and sidelines it in favor of promoting Fisk, and bulls eye widow and shield. We should be getting feats of why Erik is so dangerous. Dude is smart, and for whatever reason we aren't seeing the deadly side. Just the angry Black man, and MCU kilmonger was more then that
    It's a great Daredevil story.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Nikki Adams?
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

I like the look of these Leopard/Cheetah deity. Hopefully we will get to see more of her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Anyone think that Coates' run is going to come to an end fairly soon?

He's been on it for quite awhile and his current run is not burning up the sales charts.

In any other situation, I'd say that the book was ripe for a relaunch. In this case, I don't know how much Marvel feels they want to keep Coates on the book for as long as he wants to be on it. But Coates is killing it on Cap right now and I would think that the Wakanda in Space arc might serve as Coates' intended BP finale.

If Coates does leave, who you think would be a good replacement? One choice for me, which I don't know would happen or how people would feel about it, is Jason Aaron.

He's due to be leaving Thor sometime after War of the Realms is over. That leaves a gap in his workload that surely Marvel will want to fill. And as Aaron has written one of the most popular BP stories ("See Wakanda and Die") and is currently writing T'Challa as the head of The Avengers, it would seem to be a natural fit to have him also write BP.

Thoughts?

Here is my central problem with Killmonger book.

I think we all can agree the book exists because MCU killmonger was GOAT villain material. They wanted to capitilize on that and give him a similar "street" origin of sorts.

But this is what defines MCU Killmonger:

People (wrongly IMO) characterize MCU Killmongers core value as a extreme insane black activist of sorts. But really, all he wanted was revenge. Everything he did wasn't to punish colonizers... it was to get in front of T'challa and punish him for his fathers sins.

That hate also defines comic Killmonger:

That hatred of T'challa should have been the focus and motivating factor for the entire mini. Because that IS Killmonger.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

He's been on it for quite awhile and his current run is not burning up the sales charts.

In any other situation, I'd say that the book was ripe for a relaunch. In this case, I don't know how much Marvel feels they want to keep Coates on the book for as long as he wants to be on it. But Coates is killing it on Cap right now and I would think that the Wakanda in Space arc might serve as Coates' intended BP finale.

If Coates does leave, who you think would be a good replacement? One choice for me, which I don't know would happen or how people would feel about it, is Jason Aaron.

He's due to be leaving Thor sometime after War of the Realms is over. That leaves a gap in his workload that surely Marvel will want to fill. And as Aaron has written one of the most popular BP stories ("See Wakanda and Die") and is currently writing T'Challa as the head of The Avengers, it would seem to be a natural fit to have him also write BP.

Thoughts?
    Weren't you a BP Coates Stan? What happened?

No, I don't think it is ending anytime soon. I think Marvel is fine with BP being 20ish seller. I don't think they care that much about that character personally.

But I am currently a Saladin Ahmed stan

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

Thoughts?
    My personal opinion... Coates back in the day said he's got 5 years worth of stuff. I think he's gonna get it. Maybe if he were to drop below 20k... but even then I'm not sure Marvel would pull him off. Of course marvel could change their minds, or Coates himself might. I do agree his Cap book is really good though. If he had to choose one or the other (and at this point there's no indication he does) I'd actually prefer he stay on Cap.

As for who would be a good replacement ... hard to say. Aaron might be nice. He's an A list writer, and he's written my personal fave BP story of all time See Wakanda and Die like you mentioned. But part of me thinks they probably want a black writer on the book. Not that color matters to me personally, but I can potentially see that as being something they want.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I like the look of these Leopard/Cheetah deity. Hopefully we will get to see more of her.
    Between this leopard/cheetah goddess (or whatever the heck she is) and the Gorilla god over in the Gorilla Man story, we're definately seeing a lot more development with the gods of Wakanda. I'm not sure if that's coincidental or not... but in the least it's puttig stuff out there into play. Hopefully they get picked up on more as they have always been a very logical source of potential rogues for the BP mythos. Various Wakandan gods having avatars for BP to face seemed a no brainer to me. We just need the Croc god and I think we're set.

Here is my central problem with Killmonger book.

I think we all can agree the book exists because MCU killmonger was GOAT villain material. They wanted to capitilize on that and give him a similar "street" origin of sorts.

But this is what defines MCU Killmonger:

People (wrongly IMO) characterize MCU Killmongers core value as a extreme insane black activist of sorts. But really, all he wanted was revenge. Everything he did wasn't to punish colonizers... it was to get in front of T'challa and punish him for his fathers sins.

That hate also defines comic Killmonger:

That hatred of T'challa should have been the focus and motivating factor for the entire mini. Because that IS Killmonger.
    Honestly I think there's value in having him more than just about that.

Similar to how I think a Doom story can be more than just about him wanting to get the upper hand on the accursed Richards, I think having him be more than just about that potentially plants seeds for him to expand as a character. Having so generate history with Kingpin, Bullseye, Black Widow and SHIELD means he now has his foot in the door for Daredevil, Black Widow, and SHIELD stories. If they really want this character to be elevated, having him become a part of the greater MU is probably a good idea.

BANNED

Weren't you a BP Coates Stan? What happened?
    Nothing. I'm fine with Coates sticking around - even if the current arc feels a tad drawn out - but it just feels like the book is tee'd up for a change.

Coates has already put in a few years on BP, he's going to finish this current arc in a few months and sales have been somewhat sluggish. Most times that all adds up to a relaunch. Whether it will in this case, who knows?