Page 184 of 744 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well u know eden and shuri have a thing for each other. but how is he going to respond upon gettin his memory back and knowing his power was used to kill so many innocent people? and tchalla has a thing for nu-nakia. how will this impact his relationship once his memory returns? it's a lot that could possible occur from this.
    I thought you meant relationship with each other (BP and Eden) lol.

We were simply told eden and shuri have a thing so unless Shuri's book keeps going for another year, I doubt we will see much there. Eden doesn't even get to speak in the book so I doubt we get much of a look into his psyche.

The T'challa thing is true though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

We were simply told eden and shuri have a thing so unless Shuri's book keeps going for another year, I doubt we will see much there. Eden doesn't even get to speak in the book so I doubt we get much of a look into his psyche.

I don't imagine the Nakia thing will have a HUGE impact on T'Challa at this point since they haven't actually done anything. Course, there are still a couple issues left so that might change.

they are not dating. he is dating a woman named Taylor simone leeward.

*quick google search*

Oh man is it good to be king ����
    The J-man

I mean... editorial is low key doing that anyway lol

Whole point of hte first season was the "fix the wakandan government" so there was not "one man" in control.

Season 2, everyone still calls him king. Everyone is still fully dependent on him. The Doras who were all "no one man" were begging him for help.

Then magically and completely unexplained, Okoye reappears after a decade because of the movie. The Doras are now throwing the Wakandan salute.

Coates had to wrap up his Stane plotline in a whole other book (Captain America). Okoye is now the main BP supporting character to the point she shows up in Avengers and Captain America now (while griot Shuri, the MA, and Chang where thrown to the side).

Coates Panther was launched off into a wormhole while T'challa is leading the Avengers and Jason Aaron seemingly has full control over him and the supporting cast he wants. Shuri was de-aged, is being depowered, and is now a tech genius guru who doesn't want the Panther title.

We got random side books directly affecting the Wakanda mythology now.

Plus, Rise of the BP panther seemed a lot more like your Pantherjack (and the BP of old) and is one of the few minis that actually held it sales.

Coates ideas are already being phased out once Marvel Comics saw the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ the movie made.
    I mean.. all this here lol. Coates undid his own continuity in S2. Nnedi undid it as well, hell even narcisse in Rise was low key undoing Coates work..

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not all on that retconning stuff for the hell of it, but when the stuff being retconned is bad or hurts the mythos? Well then in the immortal words of Erik Stevens "Burn it all"

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I'm just saying, while I'd love a shot, my take would pretty much erase everything that's currently happening in the books. And I mean everything. Not sure the fans or editorial would go for that.
    Really, that's the attitude I think most writers should have when they take over a book. I was never a fan of writers ignoring what came before so that they could do their own thing.

That said, we don't exactly know how Coates is going to end his run. Not that I know exactly what you might have in mind, but it's POSSIBLE he could end things in an open ended enough manner for you to try some of the stuff you have in mind. Or not.

I suppose the other issue is that there's a Shuri book and an Avengers book with T'Challa currently leading the team. So some degree of coordiantion might be necessarily to line everythng up. Downside of becoming an A lister I suppose... a given writer is probably less able to do whatever the heck they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I'm just saying, while I'd love a shot, my take would pretty much erase everything that's currently happening in the books. And I mean everything. Not sure the fans or editorial would go for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    With the way the current run has been, I’d be all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think fans would be fine.

Honestly? Erasing everything that happened would probably be a good thing considering Coates and others other then narcisse have completely ignored, or contradicted not only previous continuity but the continuity that Coates started. Shuri being the perfect example of this.

A fresh start would be a good thing to get things back k. Course
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Someone beat you to it.

If your series would be similar to what you've done with BP's Quest, sure you may lose a few heads, but you'd likely gain some and really give the solo a shot in the arm it desperately needs.

As of now, imo, it's floundering, no sense of direction, no sense of anticipation, nothing building towards a climax. It's like a plane on the tarmac going in circles but never taking off.
    Depends on the execution, which to his credit Thorne has built a good rapport on if the toon is any indication.

In general I don't like Coates run but more so than that, and the root cause of my disgust, is I feel T'Challa has gone through too much (shitty) deconstruction over the past 6-8 years without meaningful payoff, retribution, or silver lining.

I don't mind hashtag #itsTChallasfault stories or him hitting rock bottom or ppl questioning his leadership... as that makes the rise back to glory that much more... glorious. However, after getting a job demotion, getting near killed by Doom because he tried to save his body guard, getting blamed for getting his countrymen killed because he helped the Avengers, getting blamed for losing his marriage, getting blamed for Shuri committing suicide, getting blamed for Wakanda being destroyed, getting blamed by body guards he almost died for now accusing him of being a rape-neglecting toxic-masculinity-enabler ...

...i think at some point we need to kindly ask people whether they're done bitching at T'Challa and if buddy is allowed to be a noble, intelligent, competent, bad ass KING again, at least for a little bit. Due to BPvDP, Aaron's Avengers, and some misc guest appearances, this is the first time we've seen T'Challa move forward with new stories and new situations, instead of writers regurgitating the same ol Namor/Storm/whoshouldbeking/bringingupoldshitthathappened8yearsago stuff.

I don't need any more deconstruction stories anytime soon. I'm patient, we got 6-8 years of that bullshit and great. But now I want to see more of what Aaron is doing and what that BPvDP writer is doing. Have BP literally cure death and deal with the ramifications of his awesomeness.. what a fucking concept. Smelt refreshing like febreze
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Depends on the execution, which to his credit Thorne has built a good rapport on if the toon is any indication.

In general I don't like Coates run but more so than that, and the root cause of my disgust, is I feel T'Challa has gone through too much (shitty) deconstruction over the past 6-8 years without meaningful payoff, retribution, or silver lining.

I don't mind hashtag #itsTChallasfault stories or him hitting rock bottom or ppl questioning his leadership... as that makes the rise back to glory that much more... glorious. However, after getting a job demotion, getting near killed by Doom because he tried to save his body guard, getting blamed for getting his countrymen killed because he helped the Avengers, getting blamed for losing his marriage, getting blamed for Shuri committing suicide, getting blamed for Wakanda being destroyed, getting blamed by body guards he almost died for now accusing him of being a rape-neglecting toxic-masculinity-enabler ...

...i think at some point we need to kindly ask people whether they're done bitching at T'Challa and if buddy is allowed to be a noble, intelligent, competent, bad ass KING again, at least for a little bit. Due to BPvDP, Aaron's Avengers, and some misc guest appearances, this is the first time we've seen T'Challa move forward with new stories and new situations, instead of writers regurgitating the same ol Namor/Storm/whoshouldbeking/bringingupoldshitthathappened8yearsago stuff.

I don't need any more deconstruction stories anytime soon. I'm patient, we got 6-8 years of that bullshit and great. But now I want to see more of what Aaron is doing and what that BPvDP writer is doing. Have BP literally cure death and deal with the ramifications of his awesomeness.. what a fucking concept. Smelt refreshing like febreze

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Black Panther: World of Wakanda #1-5
    Black Panther: World of Wakanda #6

Ultimates: Omniversal (#1-6)
    Ultimates: Omniversal Vol 2- Civil War II (#7-12)
    Ultimates²: Troubleshooters (#1-6)
    Ultimates²: Eternity War (#7-11, #100)

Black Panther and the Crew #1-6 [not in #1]

Rise of the Black Panther #1-6
    Black Panther: Soul of the Machine #1-8
    Black Panther: The Sound and the Fury #1
    Black Panther: Long Live the King #1-2, #5
    Black Panther: Long Live the King #3-4
    Black Panther Annual, vol 2, #1

Black Panther vs Deadpool #1-5

Shuri
    Wakanda Forever Spider-Man/X-Men/Avengers
    Killmonger
    Infinity Wraps Ghost Panther 1-2

Might be some more alternate realities stuff im missing, I don't keep track of out of continuity books so I might have forgotten one or two
    Thanks, I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    A good final issue.

spoilers:
    It loops in to Rise at the end. The other Panther goddess is said to be Basts' sister.
    end of spoilers
    Yep. It also leaves off with the perfect set up for Panther's Rage. He even references his friends, which could be the characters in that story.

spoilers:
    That being said, since he was lying throughout this story, there's no reason to think the friends are real aside from the fact that he has colleagues in other stories.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I mean... editorial is low key doing that anyway lol

Whole point of hte first season was the "fix the wakandan government" so there was not "one man" in control.

Season 2, everyone still calls him king. Everyone is still fully dependent on him. The Doras who were all "no one man" were begging him for help.

Then magically and completely unexplained, Okoye reappears after a decade because of the movie. The Doras are now throwing the Wakandan salute.

Coates had to wrap up his Stane plotline in a whole other book (Captain America). Okoye is now the main BP supporting character to the point she shows up in Avengers and Captain America now (while griot Shuri, the MA, and Chang where thrown to the side).

Coates Panther was launched off into a wormhole while T'challa is leading the Avengers and Jason Aaron seemingly has full control over him and the supporting cast he wants. Shuri was de-aged, is being depowered, and is now a tech genius guru who doesn't want the Panther title.

We got random side books directly affecting the Wakanda mythology now.

Plus, Rise of the BP panther seemed a lot more like your Pantherjack (and the BP of old) and is one of the few minis that actually held it sales.

Coates ideas are already being phased out once Marvel Comics saw the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ the movie made.
    Don’t forget that 616 Nakia got killed off and space Nakia greatly resembles her MCU counterpart. Hell I won’t be surprised if she ends up a permanent resident of 616 when the arc is over.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

give it time. I'm sure their relationship will be given more meat.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't imagine the Nakia thing will have a HUGE impact on T'Challa at this point since they haven't actually done anything. Course, there are still a couple issues left so that might change.
    I'm hoping there is nothing that happens. ororo has been fighting to find him so it would be an ultimate slap in the face for him to fall for nunakia. I would be heartbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    *quick google search*

Oh man is it good to be king ����
    lol I take it you liked what you saw??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Avengers was T'challa-lite btw, but I like the vampire stuff. Much better than the first arc(s)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I liked the Killlmonger 5 preview

I liked that it tied into Rise at the end.

I am profoundly disappointed in the middle and in the rest of the book.

It seems entirely... pointless. I don't even get the theatrics with Knight in the middle of the issue.

Killmonger is just as mysterious origin wise as he was before.

At least we know how he powered up now... and at least the fight with Killmonger in Rise was against enhanced Killmonger.

I liked the Killlmonger 5 preview

I liked that it tied into Rise at the end.

I am profoundly disappointed in the middle and in the rest of the book.

It seems entirely... pointless. I don't even get the theatrics with Knight in the middle of the issue.

Killmonger is just as mysterious origin wise as he was before.

At least we know how he powered up now... and at least the fight with Killmonger in Rise was against enhanced Killmonger.
    The power up was probably the biggest mystery about the character... and this story explained that in addition to adding to the mythos in a potentially significant way by establishing that he's the champion of Basts sister. And that's especially useful since he's presently dead... having a goddess back you can be very helpful in reversing that.

give it time. I'm sure their relationship will be given more meat.

I'm hoping there is nothing that happens. ororo has been fighting to find him so it would be an ultimate slap in the face for him to fall for nunakia. I would be heartbroken.

lol I take it you liked what you saw??
    After T'Challa and Nakia's difference of opinion in saving the lives of hundreds of refugees in issue 8, I'm not entirely sure we'll see them hooking up. That clearly showed that they are very different people. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

Well, this is beautifully stated