Page 186 of 744 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Give me AoW
    A good M'Baku mini

And reintroduce MK: Black Panther with a new creative team. Or BP & strange/Blade/Miles/drumm/Thor/ or Cage team up book.

Or Marvel's monarchs. Give me something with BP being a fracking boss
    Have a separate MK: BP solo franchise. Do a series of minis by various artists under the MK: Black Panther Banner. Give editorial control to someone who gives a frak.

Then let them cut loose.

They can use the whole pantheon of Black Panthers, past present and future plus other BP-related characters.

Sounds like a good place for Redjack to do his BP story.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You don't have to be a villain or antagonist to be boss.

Aaron's Thor is getting beat in his own book but he's wrecking heads too.

Thor lost his title and was actually feeling unworthy but he came back boss and laying down the hammer, pun intended.

Most heroes get deconstructed, frequently.

They also get rebuilt into something more. They get that heroic moment(s) that makes the deconstruction and shittier times worth it.

T'challa and his mythos keep getting trampled and our heroic moments were....?????.... got repowered in a random F4 book? Wielded the IG only to get beat down because it was "part of the plan?"

Keep getting deconstructed with no reconstruction. You gotta have the payoff eventually.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

They also get rebuilt into something more. They get that heroic moment(s) that makes the deconstruction and shittier times worth it.

T'challa and his mythos keep getting trampled and our heroic moments were....?????.... got repowered in a random F4 book? Wielded the IG only to get beat down because it was "part of the plan?"

Keep getting deconstructed with no reconstruction. You gotta have the payoff eventually.
    No pay off for BP for some time.

Last one to do it was David Liss.

Since then BP has been Pyrrhic Victory Man, winning moral victories while getting shredded.

Isht reminds of all those after school specials where some poor kid has to go through hell to learn a lesson.

"My bully kicked my ass but I proved I'm better than him because I didn't fight back." Riiiight.

Hey. six more days to vote for us for the IMAGE AWARD.

you can vote every day.

Have a separate MK: BP solo franchise. Do a series of minis by various artists under the MK: Black Panther Banner. Give editorial control to someone who gives a frak.

Then let them cut loose.

They can use the whole pantheon of Black Panthers, past present and future plus other BP-related characters.

Sounds like a good place for Redjack to do his BP story.
    Hell make the MK: Black Panther basically BP Panther quest but able to show things it couldn't on TV and let Redjack continue on with his idea

Somebody read me a bedtime story...

Twas the night before Captain Marvel and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even the new face of the MCU!

Black Panther: "Wait, what about my 1.3 billion dollars!"

(quickly runs out of thread with head on a swivel)
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Somebody read me a bedtime story...

Twas the night before Captain Marvel and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even the new face of the MCU!

Black Panther: "Wait, what about my 1.3 billion dollars!"

(quickly runs out of thread with head on a swivel)
    I got you Flex.

Twas the night before Captain Marvel and all through the place, not a person was stirring, not even the MCU's new face. When out of the shadows arose a chorus of hollars, that carried the weight of 1.3 billion dollars. The phrase was quite simple but oh so very clever, as the immortal words rang out

Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-07-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I got you Flex.

Twas the night before Captain Marvel and all through the place, not a person was stirring, not even the MCU's new face. When out of the shadows arose a chorus of hollars, that carried the weight of 1.3 billion dollars. The phrase was quite simple but oh so very clever, as the immortal words rang out

Sign me on this. Enough Mopey-Pants Panther, enough lame-duck Panther, enough I'm not good enough Panther.

8 years is enough.

Atlantis got blown up and Namor be-headed. He don't even have a solo.

But he's come back boss and wrecking isht up.

Yup. I'd also say, every writer wants to write their [blow it all up/this is the end/"shocking" revelation that changes the structure of wakanda "forever"] story... but what a lot of these writers need is a coming to jesus moment that their **** is lame and played out. i.e. What else do you got story-wise?

i.e. If a writer can't come up with anything other than "ommmg what if T'Challa lost the throne to ___ ", then they really shouldn't be writing Black Panther in 2019. They lack the vision. If all they can do is continue the same **** circle-jerk trope about namor or storm or "inability to lead" from 2012, then they lack the vision.

It's as simple as that. Get em outta here

Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Some people lack the competency to grasp simple things like what you outlined. We call them unfans

Well, i call them something else, but like MCU movies we gotta keep **** PG13 for the kiddos
    Black Panther vs Thor

No pay off for BP for some time.

Last one to do it was David Liss.

Since then BP has been Pyrrhic Victory Man, winning moral victories while getting shredded.

Isht reminds of all those after school specials where some poor kid has to go through hell to learn a lesson.

"My bully kicked my ass but I proved I'm better than him because I didn't fight back." Riiiight.
    Facts.

And T'Challa struggling with the fact that he cured death in BPvsDP is a form of deconstruction! His doubts on if he should become immortal or whether his belief that he's the GOAT black panther is facts or hubris...

...notice how that type of deconstruction just makes him look that much more bad ass? It's genius. It starts off with a GOAT scientific feat by the protagonist and uses it as a springboard to an introspective lens on the protagonist.

The only downside is that this was done in a shared miniseries, instead of the opening of a BP solo book. But writers lack vision in how to tell deconstruction stories. This BPvsDP writer didn't suffer from such shortcomings.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

lol I take it you liked what you saw??
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yup. I'd also say, every writer wants to write their [blow it all up/this is the end/"shocking" revelation that changes the structure of wakanda "forever"] story... but what a lot of these writers need is a coming to jesus moment that their **** is lame and played out. i.e. What else do you got story-wise?

i.e. If a writer can't come up with anything other than "ommmg what if T'Challa lost the throne to ___ ", then they really shouldn't be writing Black Panther in 2019. They lack the vision. If all they can do is continue the same **** circle-jerk trope about namor or storm or "inability to lead" from 2012, then they lack the vision.
    Honestly, this is why I can barely stand Big Two comics these days. Instead of writing stories where the characters grow, it's all "Let's see how much crap we can pile on the protagonist today!" Between that, and writers wanting to tell "their take" on a storyline that's been told & retold so many times it's as flavorless as boiled beef (Oh look! It's Klaw and/or Killmonger! How novel!) I'm frankly just plain bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Facts.

And T'Challa struggling with the fact that he cured death in BPvsDP is a form of deconstruction! His doubts on if he should become immortal or whether his belief that he's the GOAT black panther is facts or hubris...

...notice how that type of deconstruction just makes him look that much more bad ass? It's genius. It starts off with a GOAT scientific feat by the protagonist and uses it as a springboard to an introspective lens on the protagonist.

The only downside is that this was done in a shared miniseries, instead of the opening of a BP solo book. But writers lack vision in how to tell deconstruction stories. This BPvsDP writer didn't suffer from such shortcomings.
    I think mini's can help some people think outside the box.

Because you aren't allowed to make mythology shattering decisions in a mini.

You can't blow up Wakanda. You can't strip the crown. You can't strip the title. You can't kill supporting characters for "stakes."

So the writers have to think of new stories instead of the usual "ongoing tropes"

Somehow the BPvDP dude wrote a better T'challa and Shuri than the ongoings....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Honestly, this is why I can barely stand Big Two comics these days. Instead of writing stories where the characters grow, it's all "Let's see how much crap we can pile on the protagonist today!" Between that, and writers wanting to tell "their take" on a storyline that's been told & retold so many times it's as flavorless as boiled beef (Oh look! It's Klaw and/or Killmonger! How novel!) I'm frankly just plain bored.
    Well said Mario! And its compounded when writers wants to just jump to their take despite what the previous writer just did. aka the transition of Secret Wars #9 (dragging the rest of the world to stars!) to season 1 of Coates (right back to 2013 ****).

On a related note: I checked the recent Justice League book a few months back and it ticked me off that they did the same thing with John Stewart: 4-5 years ago the best writer to ever write him finally liberated (and slightly rectoned) JS of the whole "you blew up the planet Xanshi/killed billions" fiasco... which in itself was some out-of-character **** writing of him that nevertheless became his proverbial "Doomwar/Marriage Annulment" sticking point for the last 30 years! (mind you, JS doesn't get the same solo opportunities). Point is, after a great 2+ year run writing a sneak JS solo ("Green Lantern Corps") that (1.)cleared John's name, (2.) cleared his conscience, (3.) gave him a great supporting cast, and (4) moved him forward... This JL writer completely ignored all that growth and had him right back to mopey depressed "i blew up the planet xanshi/killed billions" state despite all the time and energy and goodwill the GLC writer spent untangling that mess from 2013-2015.

Just un-be-fuckin-leavable man. smh
    Black Panther vs Thor