Page 189 of 744 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289689 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This seems to be true, all the people that were brought by Coates are not qualified to write a comic yet were not Only given a mini, but were put in the hands of Coates as their consultant. A guy with limited comic experience..

Redjack quick! Find a poem online and send it to Coates get the IN you need to adapt BP quest into a even more badass MK version
    lol.

at this point the only version of BP I'm comfortable writing is the current animated one. A non-utopian Wakanda doesn't appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    lol.

at this point the only version of BP I'm comfortable writing is the current animated one. A non-utopian Wakanda doesn't appeal to me.
    I think I speak for a sizable percentage of the thread when I say that it doesn't appeal to the readers, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Is this a Square-Enix Play Arts Kai Marvel Variant figure? I ask because I love the Square-Enix designs for the Marvel characters, especially Iron Man and Spider-Man.
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    lol.

Preaching to the choir man. Preaching to the choir. I'm all for conflict happening in Wakanda, but what we have seen in recent years is piss poor. Wakanda is technologically and spiritually advanced. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but it damn for sure ain't stereotypical western lensed view of Africa.

Plus at this point I would rather read about what makes Wakanda excellent and not why it's no better then the rest of the world. More of Hickmans "Drag the rest of the world to the stars" more of Aaron's "T'Challa is the beacon of hope for Earth" and less of Coates allegories for Columbus, Boko Haram, and Slavic trade

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Preaching to the choir man. Preaching to the choir. I'm all for conflict happening in Wakanda, but what we have seen in recent years is piss poor. Wakanda is technologically and spiritually advanced. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but it damn for sure ain't stereotypical western lensed view of Africa.

Plus at this point I would rather read about what makes Wakanda excellent and not why it's no better then the rest of the world. More of Hickmans "Drag the rest of the world to the stars" more of Aaron's "T'Challa is the beacon of hope for Earth" and less of Coates allegories for Columbus, Boko Haram, and Slavic trade
    You know what I find so funny-Kwanza Osajyefo & Jamal Igle are getting harassed, insulted and at times threaten over Black (where blacks are the only ones with super powers for centuries) by the black members of a certain comic group. Their issue is how can black folks have all those powers and slavery and racism still happened.

Why are they not calling out Coates? Wakanda went from being a utopia to a stereotypical view of Africa. Shouldn't Wakanda be taking over the world? Or leading it?
    And I guess those guys forgot at Milestone Icon came to Earth during Slavery and did nothing until Rocket talked to him in 1993.
    And Cyborg-if he is the walking online system-doesn't that mean he can control the world too?
    And John Stewart-black Green Lantern who is an architect and once ran a planet called Mosaic. Couldn't he make a planet for blacks only?

Just funny the guys who are doing what so many trolls have YELLED at us to do-create are own stuff and the main ones who take issue with it are other blacks.

Meanwhile Coates Panther is selling like crazy as trades. SO to Marvel (and House of Mouse) that is the image of Wakanda that is selling.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You know what I find so funny-Kwanza Osajyefo & Jamal Igle are getting harassed, insulted and at times threaten over Black (where blacks are the only ones with super powers for centuries) by the black members of a certain comic group. Their issue is how can black folks have all those powers and slavery and racism still happened.

Why are they not calling out Coates? Wakanda went from being a utopia to a stereotypical view of Africa. Shouldn't Wakanda be taking over the world? Or leading it?
    And I guess those guys forgot at Milestone Icon came to Earth during Slavery and did nothing until Rocket talked to him in 1993.
    And Cyborg-if he is the walking online system-doesn't that mean he can control the world too?
    And John Stewart-black Green Lantern who is an architect and once ran a planet called Mosaic. Couldn't he make a planet for blacks only?

Just funny the guys who are doing what so many trolls have YELLED at us to do-create are own stuff and the main ones who take issue with it are other blacks.

Meanwhile Coates Panther is selling like crazy as trades. SO to Marvel (and House of Mouse) that is the image of Wakanda that is selling.
    Hahahah

Too bad there isn't a notification feature for posters. We went in on this the last time you tried this ol okie doke; had a deep dive into allllll of that amazon tpb ish. It was lit
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

After seeing CM, I'm not sure there is a room big enough to contain MCU T'challa, Strange, and Carol's egos lol

They are going to butt heads hard in Ultimates
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I need to know if BP is going to stay on the Avengers animated show. Breakout season and all, he needs to be a mainstay.
    I think the question is less whether Black Panther will still be on the Avengers rosters in the cartoons and more when there will be a new Avengers cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    After seeing CM, I'm not sure there is a room big enough to contain MCU T'challa, Strange, and Carol's egos lol

I think T'Challa is actually pretty humble, especially for a king.

Strange's ego will probably continue to get toned down as he progresses into becoming the Sorcerer Supreme.

I haven't seen CM yet but from the trailers she does seem to be a tad condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

One we have already discussed the trade sales already and it's not as impressive as you make it sound. Second if that's what they wanted to show that as the new Wakanda then they wouldn't of had BP vs DP, MK and avengers show Tchalla as he had been, while simultaneously making Coates change his tune halfway through S2 then ship him off to space for a year.

Marvel ain't on that BS anymore. Why else would he be put in else world time out when he is the solo writer? Because marvel sees what really sells, and it ain't this nonsense

Ultimate Member

Depending on how its played, it could be interesting, though.

Carol is their expert on aliens. Strange their expert on magic. And T'Challa their expert on politics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Depending on how its played, it could be interesting, though.

Carol is their expert on aliens. Strange their expert on magic. And T'Challa their expert on politics.
    Oh I wasn't saying it in a bad way.

Hell, first two Avengers movies were highlighted by Tony and Cap not getting along at all

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes it is.
    Thanks.

Oh I wasn't saying it in a bad way.

Hell, first two Avengers movies were highlighted by Tony and Cap not getting along at all
    And then Captain America: Civil War (technically the third Cap movie, but might as well have been Avengers 2.5) had them actually fighting, first over ideological differences like in the original comic and later for more painfully personal reasons that I won't spoil here, the repercussions of which followed into Avengers: Infinity War with Tony refusing to call Cap for help even though the circumstances had become so dire by that point.

That said, yeah, count me in for Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Doctor Strange all working together and butting heads. I'd mention, though, as someone who did see the movie, she isn't nearly that condescending as the trailers might have made her seem, and a lot of that is explained by spoilers:
    her mental conditioning by the Kree.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It'll be interesting to see this new crop of Avengers interact.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah, I think unlike the original Avengers there's not much of a real blue print based from the original source material to base their interaction on.

You can argue Ultimates to a degree... but Strange makes it a completely different group. It's sort of nice that even comic book fans will not really know how they dynamic will really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It'll be interesting to see why they even work together.

They don't have a "Fury" pulling strings and such. The new big 3 all have other stuff to do lol