Page 201 of 744 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They why is she there?

Because this smells like Scream 2-screw that is this The Faculty?

Where Usher was all over the promotional stuff and 75% of her scenes were cut. While Quincy Jones's daughter had 90% cut out of the film.

YOu know you done screwed up when her name and the actress name is trending on Twitter among the top 4

Beto picked the wrong time to announcing he's running for president.

I really thought Usher was one of the main characters the way they promoted that movie.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Its really exciting thinking about how Ryan Coogler can now just focus on Black Panther 2 with the awards circuit being over.

I haven't seen the film Us yet, but I hear Jordan Peele (yes I know he didn't direct comic book movies. Just talking about the comfort level to try new things on your next film) challenged himself and went a different direction with it.

It reminds me of how Coogler now comfortable with directing a big blockbluster that he really could switch it up for the sequel. Challenge himself even more. Make a different but still great film.

Thats the great thing about Nolan and now appears to be Peele.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its really exciting thinking about how Ryan Coogler can now just focus on Black Panther 2 with the awards circuit being over.

I haven't seen the film Us yet, but I hear Jordan Peele (yes I know he didn't direct comic book movies. Just talking about the comfort level to try new things on your next film) challenged himself and went a different direction with it.

It reminds me of how Coogler now comfortable with directing a big blockbluster that he really could switch it up for the sequel. Challenge himself even more. Make a different but still great film.

Thats the great thing about Nolan and now appears to be Peele.

Coogler is a 32 year old prized hollywood director who has directed three movies (aka more than Peele) that were completely different and each were critical darlings and universally praised.

Imagine thinking that guy needs to get out of his comfort zone and really challenge himself.

Bast have mercy

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

First movie was about Wakanda meting the world.

The second one should be about the consequences and repercussion of opening the Wakanda to the world which I hope Coogler follows rather than repeating the first one. Here's hoping that Coogler's creates the greatest movie trilogy in movie history.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

The second one should be about the consequences and repercussion of opening the Wakanda to the world which I hope Coogler follows rather than repeating the first one. Here's hoping that Coogler's creates the greatest movie trilogy in movie history.
    Half the population turned to dust and came back, assuming these events were remembered and no silly it was all a dream stuff happens idk about repercussions of opening Wakanda to the world. Idk what it'll be about. Too many BP villains to modernize but i think it'd depend on the villain and the villain's story and what meaning they can get out of it
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

That certainly would be one possible route to take following Infinity War. T'Challa opens up Wakanda, assists the Avengers, and Wakanda gets invaded for the first time. Even though T'Challa probably did the right thing given the stakes, it wouldn't be entirely out of the realm of possibiity that his decision to open up Wakanda and assist the Avengers could have internal and external consequences, as they did in the comics in recent years. Course, that may depend on how things are resovled at the end of End Game.

As long as the consequences don't result in another wakandan dysfunction civil war type thing then go for it

the issue though is everything seemed fine pre outrider invasions. So the previous... 2? years of being open didn't seem to effect Wakanda negatively.

It's just that journalists were ignorant of BP outside of Coates run, hence why some of them stayed bugging Danai about whether Okoye/the Doras had beef with T'Challa in Infinity War (for bringing in Cap's team) and Danai was trying her best to say "purple man tryna kill half of Wakanda, why the fukk would Okoye be concerned bout these white folks?" without sounding too rude or spoilery.

Some "fans" are the same way too though. Couldn't fathom Okoye being heterosexual, Nakia being bae-status, M'Baku being the big homie, or BP and the Doras getting a long just swell, bc they only started reading BP 3 years ago.

All they know is dysfunction
    Black Panther vs Thor

Why he he repeat the first movie? He could concluded the arc started in CW

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I really thought Usher was one of the main characters the way they promoted that movie.
    If you go by that you think he was.

I do know about maybe 20+ minutes of footage was taken out of that film. Shocking that they never released an extended cut.

You might have missed the cameo by Dwayne Martin towards the start of the film.

Supernova (Angela Bassett) same thing.
    Heck even Friday Night Lights TV show took out an entire storyline during the Micheal B Jordan era of that show.

Couldn't fathom Okoye being heterosexual,
    isn't she married to Mr Get Out?

Imagine thinking that guy needs to get out of his comfort zone and really challenge himself.
    Can he do that in a non Black Panther movie first? Just in case it doesn't work?

Red Sonja is looking for a director. He can sneak Zula in it. The guy not the Grace Jones version.

The Okoye thing had nothing to do with the Coates run, IIRC. It was because of a deleted scene where she was on the receiving end of some flirting with by one of the other Dora Milaje. Whole thing got overblown but it got brought up a lot because it was around the same time it came out that Ragnarok cut a scene confirming Valkyrie had slept with another woman, likely to appease those Chinese censors, so Marvel was getting a lot of shit.

Which is fair. The movies have had like zero confirmed LGBT characters at all thus far after over 20 movies.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-16-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you go by that you think he was.

I do know about maybe 20+ minutes of footage was taken out of that film. Shocking that they never released an extended cut.

You might have missed the cameo by Dwayne Martin towards the start of the film.

Supernova (Angela Bassett) same thing.
    Heck even Friday Night Lights TV show took out an entire storyline during the Micheal B Jordan era of that show.

isn't she married to Mr Get Out?

Can he do that in a non Black Panther movie first? Just in case it doesn't work?

Red Sonja is looking for a director. He can sneak Zula in it. The guy not the Grace Jones version.
    And what exactly, does Coogler have to do to get out of his comfort zone? Dude has made 3 very different movies that have been critically praised. Dude has been challenging himself

Nope! The Okoye thing had *something* to do with the Coates run because the LGBT Doras were a "big" thing so when a written description of one of those behind closed doors trailers described "flirtation" between Okoye and Ayo/another Dora, ppl lost they shit because no way could Doras compliment each other for being bad ass without being sexual in light of a sexual relationship between two Doras in the only BP book casual mutahfuckas cared to reference!

lol

Got to the point that people got their panties in a bunch anytime anyone criticized or even poked fun at Coates run if it involved the LGBT Doras. Which just meant they were always gonna get their panties in a bunch steppin into this BP thread back then, bc we were surgical and all inconclusive with our criticism of Coates (and of ppls defensiveness of his new toys that he's since discarded..). Whooptie whoop!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Okoye thing had nothing to do with the Coates run, IIRC. It was because of a deleted scene where she was on the receiving end of some flirting with by one of the other Dora Milaje. Whole thing got overblown but it got brought up a lot because it was around the same time it came out that Ragnarok cut a scene confirming Valkyrie had slept with another woman, likely to appease those Chinese censors, so Marvel was getting a lot of shit.

Which is fair. The movies have had like zero confirmed LGBT characters at all thus far after over 20 movies.
    It 100% had to do with Coates run because Coates run was the only time any dora was ever portrayed as lesbian.

There original function was to hopefully marry T'challa. The wildcard QDJ was bed buds with Vibraxas. After that, they were simply redshirts to die in some giant army.

The whole thing was overblown because very few people have even seen the scene in question because it wasn't part fo the deleted scene stuff. So peoples imagination ran wild which for the internet means a week of outrage articles then everyone forgets.

Of course LGBT peeps deserve some represnetiation, but, also to be fair... there are barely any comic LBGT characters, even less if you throw out the Xmen. Ain't like Wiccan is high on the "make a movie" list.

It isn't like Marvel has a Wonder woman situation (did lgbt care she wasn't bisexual in the movie? i can't remember)

What they should do is just put MCU Storm with Yukio and everybody wins.....

EDIT: bast damnit ninja'd by Rumble