Page 202 of 744 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    isn't she married to Mr Get Out?
    Bb-but she complimented a Dora's battle prowess in a scrapped scene that was in a trailer never released to the public but written about by journalists who swore it was sexual in nature

It confirmed she was LGBT and the new Aneka!

Come on skyvolt, how did you miss this? It was a huge controversy
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

EDIT: bast damnit ninja'd by Rumble
    Black Panther vs Thor

There original function was to hopefully marry T'challa.
    That's a whole other can of worms that I'm thankful the movies moved past. I remember when that was a whole debate for some reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And what exactly, does Coogler have to do to get out of his comfort zone? Dude has made 3 very different movies that have been critically praised. Dude has been challenging himself
    He's producing Space Jam II. I think that counts as a challenge.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-16-2019 at 06:52 PM.

What they should do is just put MCU Storm with Yukio and everybody wins.....
    ^^Underrated post btw
    Black Panther vs Thor

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And what exactly, does Coogler have to do to get out of his comfort zone? Dude has made 3 very different movies that have been critically praised. Dude has been challenging himself
    I didn't mean that he couldn't do it.

I was just acknowledging the fact Peele didn't repeat the same beats after a mega hit in Get Out with Us. It appears he did something totally different just as great. However, in the same genre.

This will be Coogler's first sequel. A movie that already has the best critical reception in comic book movie history despite some of the things he could polish up with more experience. Its easier said than done.

I know (or at least believe) that Coogler will no doubt direct a better movie with the sequel. However, if its too familiar then it can lose some of its appeal or lighting in a bottle. Think Back to the Future 2.

Its very easy based on recent success to just repeat the same things (don't fix whats broken). You can tell Whedon felt that pressure in Age of Ultron.

I'm just excited to see what he's going to do.

I think Black Panther is maybe the best script in the MCU and up there with the greats in comic book history (only TDK has a better script and thats primarily just the Joker's dialogue that gets it to the top spot for me).

However, there was ONE area of writing I wish was explored more. The attack on the Border Tribe. I really wish they delved more into the pain and resentment they felt for their king not getting vengeance. Not only would it have elevated W'Kabi's character/motivations, but it would have illustrated even more how big a target/terrorist Klaue was.

If they kept the deleted scene and maybe showed a flashback to a young W'Kabi finding his parents bodies it would have resonated even more.

That turn by W'Kabi would have felt earned and like with Killmonger it would have left you conflicted.

W'Kabi is a complex character too. I hope he gets explored more in the sequel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I didn't mean that he couldn't do it.

I was just acknowledging the fact Peele didn't repeat the same beats after a mega hit in Get Out with Us. It appears he did something totally different just as great. However, in the same genre.

This will be Coogler's first sequel. A movie that already has the best critical reception in comic book movie history despite some of the things he could polish up with more experience. Its easier said than done.

I know (or at least believe) that Coogler will no doubt direct a better movie with the sequel. However, if its too familiar then it can lose some of its appeal or lighting in a bottle. Think Back to the Future 2.

Its very easy based on recent success to just repeat the same things (don't fix whats broken). You can tell Whedon felt that pressure in Age of Ultron.

I'm just excited to see what he's going to do.
    Again, Coogler had made 3 movies now that are all very different from each other. In fact given interviews it sounded like him and Cole already had ideas moving forward, so again. What exactly does Coogler have to getto get out of his comfort zone? Nothing he has done shows safe route.

Damn, Errol beat Mikey's ass like BP did Bucky
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    ^^Underrated post btw
    It is amazing how many Black Panther fans (hehe) we lost with Season 3 because that used to start a multi page outrage lol

Damn, Errol beat Mikey's ass like BP did Bucky
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

EDIT: bast damnit ninja'd by Rumble

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

It is amazing how many Black Panther fans (hehe) we lost with Season 3 because that used to start a multi page outrage lol

I guess because Coates run is so complex and cerebral, only the smartest and most sophisticated fans can handle it, the rest just want big bam! pow! dumb action... Coates is just playing the long game, we are going to see a satisfying ending and he is going to resolve all the plots dating back to S1.. Just you wait fam. Coates is operating on a whole other planet that we can't even begin to fathom how deep his run actually is!

Some interesting points. Especially at 20:30

I hope Marvel gets its Pre-Vis team on point for the sequel and has the time to put in polished shots.

Also would be cool to see them let Coogler shoot on film as well.

As stated in the video its more of an MCU problem (or limitation)

Also all the tinkering in post production turn something as visually impressive as this (with great lighting, etc)

into this

I get adding the the purple lights, but why change the scenery in the background?

Unless the purple lights clashed with the aesthetic. Still..the previous shot is almost One Perfect Shot worthy.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 03-17-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Probably my favorite not in the film T'Challa shot.

How Coogler cast Kaluuya, etc.

BANNED

And with that, the mic is dropped
    Thor and Cap as Danai actually looks quite aesthetically awesome