Page 210 of 744 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Should've been done no later than July 2016. 4 issues and then HARD reboot with new creative team.
    Nah cause then we would of had 4 issues of bs we got in S1 with mopey pants, rape treehouses and no one man garbage, and ramonda being blown to hell. RJ should of gotten the gig. Straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    In my decades of reading comics, I've had 3 different local shops close, requiring me to find another. The first was actually a chain store, the other two solo places that tried to keep afloat by selling collectibles or used books. The whole system has been broken for years, and it's only being kept afloat via cannibalizing existing audiences.

Princess Malice? Princess Divine Justice?

Not any more. She's "Science Girl" now.
    This I'd why they need to some for the younger audience to replenish their fan base (but also keep stuff for the older ones of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Hickman is coming back, maybe he'll remind editorial. lol

And it looks like they're giving him full page ads in the comics. So he must be taking over something big. Avengers or FF?
    Hey I'll be 100% okay if Aaron completely forgets the KoTD of he instead showcases Doomsday panthers in all the glory they so rightfully deserve, with feats and them actually doing something to non Wakandans or Wakanda

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I thought the bolded is what the Shuri book was for. lol
    I've never been convinced that Shuri book was done at all in consultation with Ta-Nehisi Coates - especially since they pivoted from what he was doing with Shuri.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I've never been convinced that Shuri book was done at all in consultation with Ta-Nehisi Coates - especially since they pivoted from what he was doing with Shuri.
    At minimum, I think editorial tries to keep it consistent. She uses what happens in the solo as a base and Hill tied into Rise at the end. But if Coates rewrites her run, I'd walk out if I was her. lol

At minimum, I think editorial tries to keep it consistent. She uses what happens in the solo as a base and Hill tied into Rise at the end. But if Coates rewrites her run, I'd walk out if I was her. lol
    is she even coming back? they switched writers for this current arc right?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    For like, two issues then it goes back to Nnedi

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    She has something in the works with Darkhorse. If that takes off, she'll probably be moving on anyway. She prefers to work on her original creations.

Its possible Shuri will end up pivoting back by the end of the current story. Right now her powers aren't working and she's Black Panther, but both those things could be temporary.

Her characterization though is a different matter. There was a brief explanarion on why shes different. We'll see whether or not thats the new status quo.

That said, she already seems a little older. That might just an art thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    In my decades of reading comics, I've had 3 different local shops close, requiring me to find another. The first was actually a chain store, the other two solo places that tried to keep afloat by selling collectibles or used books. The whole system has been broken for years, and it's only being kept afloat via cannibalizing existing audiences.
    Damn. Honestly, the whole comic book concept is flawed as is. 5 bucks for 22 pages, 25% of it being ad space, no guarantee that the art wouldn't be shitty, and you gotta come back next month to read the next incremental chapter??? No bueno. It's probably why most of Batman Spiderman and Wolverine's mainstream popularity came from the cartoons.. which came out weekly (sometimes daily) and without additional monetary expenses for that 30 minutes (20 mins minus commercials) of engagement. Not even factoring the added dimension of the video games. The comic book characters themselves are here to stay but the platforms that they're most accepted on... ooh boy!

Is the DC streaming service a "netflix" for DC comic books where they don't gotta go to the shop but just pay 9.99/month and get their choices of DC comics to read online eveyr Wednesday? Probably not, the math probably wouldn't add up to cover the cost and i'm sure comic book shops wouldn't appreciate that. Better to cannibalize the audience than the suppliers!! But since we're the audience, maybe it's better to cannibalize the supplier? Dog eat dog world Mario! Idk
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah cause then we would of had 4 issues of bs we got in S1 with mopey pants, rape treehouses and no one man garbage, and ramonda being blown to hell. RJ should of gotten the gig. Straight up.
    Facts. Damn that was a lotta bullshit in those first 4 issues.

This I'd why they need to some for the younger audience to replenish their fan base (but also keep stuff for the older ones of course)
    Old Hawkeye (Clint) don't sell. Young Hawkeye (Kate) don't sell. Old and young Hawkeyes together (Clint and Kate) don't sell..

These old audiences overrated bro !!

Old audience bitch bitch bitch about Sam Nova bc they want whatshisfaceNova, Richard? That fool Richard Nova ain't selling no damn comics either! lol

Old audience cry complain whine about Carol book being relaunched over n over, maaaaan Storm, Jean, Natasha Wanda books don't sell no damn comics either lol.

"Cancelled cancelled cancelled, cancelled!"

Idk the solution, but i be giving old audiences the side eye!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

At minimum, I think editorial tries to keep it consistent.
    Do they? Editorial hasn't bothered to make sure what Jason Aaron is doing is consistent.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Facts. Damn that was a lotta bullshit in those first 4 issues.

Old Hawkeye (Clint) don't sell. Young Hawkeye (Kate) don't sell. Old and young Hawkeyes together (Clint and Kate) don't sell..

These old audiences overrated bro !!

Old audience bitch bitch bitch about Sam Nova bc they want whatshisfaceNova, Richard? That fool Richard Nova ain't selling no damn comics either! lol

Old audience cry complain whine about Carol book being relaunched over n over, maaaaan Storm, Jean, Natasha Wanda books don't sell no damn comics either lol.

"Cancelled cancelled cancelled, cancelled!"

Idk the solution, but i be giving old audiences the side eye!
    I don't mean cater to them. But more so give them something because they are dedicated, but start tapping into the young I kids market and get them hooked
    With fun stories and fresh ideas. Not the same origin or
    writer fav story retold for the 10th time

I don't mean cater to them. But more so give them something because they are dedicated, but start tapping into the young I kids market and get them hooked
    With fun stories and fresh ideas. Not the same origin or
    writer fav story retold for the 10th time
    I hate all the characters in West Coast Avengers, but that was a fun book with old (Clint) new (Kate) kiddy (Gwenpool) LGBT (America Chavez) black (kate boyfriend, i forget name) and fresh (handsome MODOK) fun (video recording dynamic) stories... and that **** TANKED

Just give these old heads batman, spider-man, and wolverine, and call it a day! Better yet, save all the fresh new fun cool ideas for the MCU! Burn the comic book stores down!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Do they? Editorial hasn't bothered to make sure what Jason Aaron is doing is consistent.
    I don't even think "Thor" lines up with what is going on in Avengers. lol

If WoR becomes the event of the season, all the solos will be left in the gutter. If its a flop, than they'll probably be the more valuable resource.