Page 218 of 744 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, there's almost a certain degree of redundency in mutants in Agents of SHIELD considering the Inhuman plot is practically identical.
    It's a TV show, redundancy is part of the basic formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I would say Agent of Shield would be the easiest route to introduce mutants. But who knows how many more seasons that will last.
    Disney+ introduces a billion more ways now to tease upcoming movies without resorting to overstuffing movies or forcing directors to do things they don't want to do.

You could get very creative with it if they wanted.

(OT: kinda hilarious shoe horning was a bad thing in regards to endgame roster but now its great! lol some of yall couldn't be more transparent if you tried)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    MCU has had 21 movies.

They have only used movie time introducing new characters "wonder woman style" a few times:

- Iron Man 2- BW and Fury were big part of the plot. And were also a big part of the complaints at the time.
    - GoG- Thanos was introduced to the plot as the background villain. Gunn hated it.
    - Civil War- Black Panther and Spider-Man were integrated into the plot. Really only Spider-Man counts because BP actually got an arc out of it rather than a cameo.

That is literally it. Three movies out of 21. Outside of those three instances, you only have unimportant cameos (hawkeye in thor) or post credit scenes (Fury in IM, Thanos in Avengers).

And honestly, if they were going to go the teasing route, they would be teasing Wolverine, Cyclops, Deadpool, F4 types... aka the big dogs. not background characters.
    Lol Storm ain't appearing in no damn BP 2
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Anybody else read the Killmonger mini? Pretty good so far, I like this more than his appearance in BP obviously it’s giving better detail into his back story, I gotta catch up in the main BP title but I think he’s in that too...

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Anybody else read the Killmonger mini? Pretty good so far, I like this more than his appearance in BP obviously it’s giving better detail into his back story, I gotta catch up in the main BP title but I think he’s in that too...
    Most of the people in here read it.

Pretty split. Half thought it was a stupid ass story, half liked it because it was "character driven"

All agreed the art is pretty.

It ended though, it is only 5 issues.

There is a Killmonger in main book but it is wormhole Killmonger, it isn't the 616 one (at least we haven' tbeen told it is)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I wouldnt use her ar all then. She'd have to be in at least 2-3 xmen/solo movies first.
    Not even sure it'd be worth putting her in a mid or end credit scene, which would be the only logical place. BP's supporting cast is super busy as is, esp once the new villains are incorporated
    Black Panther vs Thor

Disney+ introduces a billion more ways now to tease upcoming movies without resorting to overstuffing movies or forcing directors to do things they don't want to do.

(OT: kinda hilarious shoe horning was a bad thing in regards to endgame roster but now its great! lol some of yall couldn't be more transparent if you tried)
    How about The Gifted and Agents of Shield crossover two night event? I think Legion is done after this upcoming season, otherwise I'd throw that in too.

What we need to see is what happens with W'Kabi and Okoye's marriage, if TChalla and Nakia marry, if Shuri's role expands, what fan favorite heroic M'Baku will be up to, if W'Kabi and TChalla will be bros again. And that's just the loose ends from the first movie

A new villain/villains will be central theme, plus BP's new gadgets, plus more agency for Okoye/Nakia. Plus seeing the other tribes of Wakanda neglected in the first film. Too much to do
    Black Panther vs Thor

Bang bang!
    Black Panther vs Thor

It's only shoe horning if it's a bad thing, that's the key. It's a matter of execution.

Spider-Man worked in Civil War, so it's fine. Hawkeye doesn't add anything to Thor, but it didn't hurt it or get in the way so again it's fine. I think the only instance it maybe felt a little shoe horned was Falcon in Ant-Man, but even that actualy had a point to it as far as getting him involved in Civil War.

I think the point being that marvel is GOOD at handling a shared sandbox. They're able to have various characters and movies connect and still make everything work. It's only a problem when it's a problem.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-21-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    What we need to see is what happens with W'Kabi and Okoye's marriage, if TChalla and Nakia marry, if Shuri's role expands, what fan favorite heroic M'Baku will be up to, if W'Kabi and TChalla will be bros again. And that's just the loose ends from the first movie

A new villain/villains will be central theme, plus BP's new gadgets, plus more agency for Okoye/Nakia. Plus seeing the other tribes of Wakanda neglected in the first film. Too much to do
    What happened to the HSH?

Who is the new leader of the Border tribe?

Giving Ramonda something to do

How is Wakanda leaders reacting to outsiders?

What is the Wakanda Outreach Center up to?

How are other world leaders reacting to an African super power?

I mean, come on. If Black Panther was just "eh it was alright," made like 700 million, 70% RT score type of thing, sure, introduce a spark like Storm to shake things up.

But it wasn't. People loved it. Why mess it up?

I could honestly see Coogler using her if he wants to. He'd mentioned in the past that the X-Men are what got him into Marvel when he was a kid. The million dollar question is whether any potential inclusion from her would be his own idea and desire or Marvel forcing him to put her in to tease a future X-Men film. The latter would be a big mistake, as we saw with Iron Man 2 when they had Favreau cram a ton of crap in there he didn't want because they needed to set up The Avengers.

I'd rather they just save her for an X-Men movie and focus on who we already have, but if Coogler wants to use her, he's earned my trust.

Extraordinary Member

I would like for BP 2 to focus more on T'Challa. The first movie was a bit too crowded, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I could honestly see Coogler using her if he wants to. He'd mentioned in the past that the X-Men are what got him into Marvel when he was a kid. The million dollar question is whether any potential inclusion from her would be his own idea and desire or Marvel forcing him to put her in to tease a future X-Men film. The latter would be a big mistake, as we saw with Iron Man 2 when they had Favreau cram a ton of crap in there he didn't want because they needed to set up The Avengers.

I'd rather they just save her for an X-Men movie and focus on who we already have, but if Coogler wants to use her, he's earned my trust.
    Then, IMO,... give him the keys to X franchise.

Russos went from TWS, CW, Avengers, Avengers.

Let Coogler do BP, BP2, X-men, BP3

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Marvel movies do build on each other. For better or worse, it's a part of their formula.

Again, I think whether or not it's an issue falls down to execution. Black Panther and Spider-Man were incorporated into Civil War, and it worked beautifully. Falcon being jammed into Ant-Man to help set Scott being included in Civil War was kinda forced (and likely was part of the reason it drove away their first director).

I think any marvel director needs to understand going into the job that they MIGHT have to deal with that issue. And yes, I can imagine a lot of directors would have issue with that unless this was all mapped out ahead of time.