Page 223 of 744 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 11160

Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

What in The Star Wars is going on?

Incredible Member

May we please just get T'Challa back to Wakanda kicking ass on Earth in his own solo.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

This book just looks extremely boring, and that's because I generally find Star Wars to be extremely boring aside from Jedi/Sith/Force abilities.

The most annoying thing is that the concept of Space Wakanda and all is quite interesting and could be unique and different under a writer with some creativity. Instead it seems we've just got some Star Wars knockoff.

I thought this story was about finding gods? We could be getting some truly well written and mindblowing stuff that discusses the alien or deity thing, myth meeting high sci-fi. Have we gotten any of that?

You could take all the names and replace them with John, Jamal, Jerry, and Jasmine and the story wouldn't change at all.

This is not a Black Panther book outside of recognizable names. T'challa doesn't even act like our T'challa because of muh memories.

The only thing recognizable is the damn symbiote.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The is preview of funny considering I posted that Coates said this isn't Star Wars. Lol.

Nothing more star wars like than kneeling before a giant image of the emperor. Lol.

Sounds like you guys are not amused
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The is preview of funny considering I posted that Coates said this isn't Star Wars. Lol.

Nothing more star wars like than kneeling before a giant image of the emperor. Lol.
    Not to mention generic space rebels rebelling against a generic space empire with a generic spaceship battle in space!

Nothing about this says Black Panther. Nothing about this even says Black Panther in space. It's just black Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

It isn't.

It's Flash Gordon. (Blash Gordon?)

All we need now is for N'jadaka to say "Klawtus, I'm bored..."

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I wonder how this guy is doing...

[img][/img]

or this poor sap

[img][/img]

Just trying to do a lil human trafficing and you end up getting a no look car door pass at 200mph and you weren't prepared
    What are you talking about MoS? Those guys are fine! Minor back pain for the first and the second guy who took the door? Broken arm at worst. Just like the dudes in the dragon flyers that Tchalla took down.. minor scrapes abd bruises.... Is what done people posting would like to make you think I happening

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    If there's any moment I might retroactively complain about, it's the Russos choosing to have T'Challa not kill Zemo. I mean come on, Zemo assassinated T'Chaka, all to get the Avengers to fight. It wasn't even personal! It's a great moment for T'Challa and it gives him a character arc, but he should have killed him and not left him with the CIA.

Sparing M'Baku so the Jabari still have a leader makes sense. Momentarily sparing Klaue in front of civilians recording it made sense. Trying to get Killmonger (a guy he just found out is his cousin) made sense. Seeing the child in him at the moment nearing to his death and wanting to keep him alive made sense.

Sparing Zemo? Letting the CIA have him? I don't know about that one.
    What would of been the point though? Wheb T'Challa confronted him, dude was trying to scratch his brain with a bullet.

Unless they changed the scene, there wouldn't of been any sense in Tchalla killing him. Other then to be consumed by his rage. Thanks what makes that scene, couple with the stark contrast between Tchalla and Erik in BP, all the more powerful. He sees what he could of been in Erik had he done the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What are you talking about MoS? Those guys are fine! Minor back pain for the first and the second guy who took the door? Broken arm at worst. Just like the dudes in the dragon flyers that Tchalla took down.. minor scrapes abd bruises.... Is what done people posting would like to make you think I happening

What would of been the point though? Wheb T'Challa confronted him, dude was trying to scratch his brain with a bullet.

Unless they changed the scene, there wouldn't of been any sense in Tchalla killing him. Other then to be consumed by his rage. Thanks what makes that scene, couple with the stark contrast between Tchalla and Erik in BP, all the more powerful. He sees what he could of been in Erik had he done the same thing
    I think the issue here is you fail to make a distinction between someone being seriously hurt (or even killed) in combat and killing someone who has already been beaten after the fight is over. The former is something that is simply an occupational hazzard for most heroes. The later is generally reserved for heroes whose last name is Castle and whose first name is Frank. Because when you kill an opponent who is no longer capable of fighting back, it stops being a fight and essentially becomes an execution. And few heroes, T'Challa included, will cross that line when they are in their right mind.

I think the disconnect here stems from the assumption that T'Challa taking a bad guy into justice rather than executing them on the spot is somehow a diss against the character... but frankly that's the norm. And there are good reasons that's the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Not to mention generic space rebels rebelling against a generic space empire with a generic spaceship battle in space!

Nothing about this says Black Panther. Nothing about this even says Black Panther in space. It's just black Star Wars.
    Judged on the merits of being a Black Panther story, this might be his worst season yet.

I did not enjoy season 1 or season 2 but at least it was still a Black Panther comic with the Black Panther mythos being used.

This could be Guardians of the Galaxy or Nova Corp or Green Lantern or Star Wars or Eternals or Kree or Skrulls ect.

The only tie back to the mythos is the Spear of Bashenga. Which is the same number of call backs to Spider-Man mythos (symbiote) or X-men mythos (M'kran)

The only real saving grace is none of this out of continuity gibberih is gonna mater in 12 months
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    It isn't.

It's Flash Gordon. (Blash Gordon?)

All we need now is for N'jadaka to say "Klawtus, I'm bored..."
    No, no Coates said that this was about the slave trade! He said so himself
    This is so much deeper and complex then what we see. It's very cerebral &)7 just need to open your minds eye...
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-22-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No, no Coates said that this was about the slave trade! He said so himself
    This is so much deeper and complex then what we see. It's very cerebral &)7 just need to open your minds eye...
    As a wise man once said: "…don’t keep your minds so open that your brains fall out!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm just sticking around to see where it all ends up. The premise was intriguing enough. Too bad about the execution, though I would love to see the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda smack the Kree, Skrull, Shi'ar, and Spartax Empires around.

(And Rumble, I did see your point from last night about African-American heroes getting outsourced by Wakanda.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.