Page 228 of 744 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328728 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You say limited like it's a bad thing.

I agree, Kang should not be a regular rogue for Panther. He's an Avenger/world threat. But he could easily be used to tell a great story or two. The ultimate conqueror vs. a king of an undefeated nation almost writes itself.
    As long as a villain is written like a threat aka not downgrading him... "sharing" a villain isn't a problem at all. Especially not in a maybe/maybe not wormhole time travel alternate reality situation.

It is only when villains are shared and they are treated like **** (Klaw the easiest example) is when it turns into a problem.

Kang being beaten by the combined might of a future maybe/maybe not wormhole time travel alterante reality galactic Wakanda is not a slight in any shape way or form.

Not only does The ultimate conqueror vs. a king of an undefeated nation almost write itself... but Kang is written a lot of times to playing the long game, moving stuff around like chest pieces, to get the outcome/future he needs... hmmm... who does that sound like?

Kang vs Priest T'challa would be epic.

So, let's stop talkign about it until we get a new writer so it isn't ruined like the Galactic Empire thing has been ruined. Redjack, put it in your backpocket!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't see it as that limiting, given the nature of time travel in the MU. Freeing an entire timeline while Kang still holds onto his empire in other timelines is one way to claim victory, for example. Shaming him, is another.

No villains are defeated for 'all time', and borrowing villains can work fine with effort. Everyone remembers Spider-Man's fight with Juggernaut, for example
    Exactly. That's the good thing about Kang. He can be defeated solo by T'Challa in one of the timelines and there are still an infinite amount more so it's not like that one is going to somehow lower his status quo. T'Challa & Wakandan tech gets a Major feat and Kang can still be used as a Avenger level threat without a stain on him.

I also find these gymnastics funny because Doom is considered a Avenger level threat yet he was trashed by Thor, and Scot Lang. Scot fing Lang got to punk Doom. But the minute Tchalla gets brought up people want to throw on that ultra plot armor and mental gymnastics for why it would be bad for him to take down a known and credible threat. Instead it's give him some low profile Z list villain, BUT amp up said villain so that they appear credible (while simultaneously weakening T'Challas cred) and this is okay because "You have to raise up rogues so thanos, Doom, and Kang aren't used over and over again"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly. That's the good thing about Kang. He can be defeated solo by T'Challa in one of the timelines and there are still an infinite amount more so it's not like that one is going to somehow lower his status quo. T'Challa & Wakandan tech gets a Major feat and Kang can still be used as a Avenger level threat without a stain on him.

I also find these gymnastics funny because Doom is considered a Avenger level threat yet he was trashed by Thor, and Scot Lang. Scot fing Lang got to punk Doom. But the minute Tchalla gets brought up people want to throw on that ultra plot armor and mental gymnastics for why it would be bad for him to take down a known and credible threat. Instead it's give him some low profile Z list villain, BUT amp up said villain so that they appear credible (while simultaneously weakening T'Challas cred) and this is okay because "You have to raise up rogues so thanos, Doom, and Kang aren't used over and over again"
    They can all do it once in a blue moon... it just can't be anything re-occuring, because once you establish that a single Avenger can beat someone it becomes less believable that this character is a credible threat to them collectively.

Any character can beat any other character on a given day... comics are just like football. But Doom can take a loss from Scott Lang because he's protected enough in the general sense to take the loss and still be credible. And part of protecting Avenger level threats is to not have them lose to individual heroes too often, otherwise they stop being Avenger level. But once in a blue moon? Sure.

But as far as your arguement against making Z listers look creble... that's probaby why no one outside the BP books bother to make Klaw look respectable anymore. He's treated as a joke. Using your logic, why should any writer treat a guy who lost to GoldBalls as anything other than cannon fodder. But that wouldn't be the case IF writers decided that Klaw was a credible threat to be taken seriously. I think we can all agree Klaw needs it... and that same arguement applies to a lot of Z list villains.

Apart from Killmonger, T'Challa's entire rogues gallery frankly are a bunch of C listers. But that doesn't mean writers shouldn't treat them as credible threats when they are used. They stop being jokes when writers stop treating them as jokes. Thats not gynmastics... it's simply treating characters with respect.

Also lol at all the mental gymnastics to why Tchalla had to be limited or certain villains deserve some sort of protection from Tchalla
    lol. I don't even read the trolls posts. It's like a breakout that gets worse the more you pick at it and only goes away if you leave it be. The others will learn soon enough

Kang vs T'Challa would be epic as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kang vs Priest T'challa would be epic.
    Facts.

I haven't seen one good argument against it
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

So, let's stop talkign about it until we get a new writer so it isn't ruined like the Galactic Empire thing has been ruined.
    Ok... I've only seen one good argument against it
    Black Panther vs Thor

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Hey,

I was at my local comic shop today and i was about the effect the recently released captain marvel movie has made on comic sales for her series ( not hating on Carol, I saw the movie and really liked it). He mentioned that the movies might give the character a small spike in sales, but the still basically have highs and lows. But, he did say the one comic character that has been effected with a significant increase in comic purchase after their comic movie is Black Panther. He said also did new series help. I'm not a fan of Coates run so I not sure if more attention for Coates is a good thing. But if it is an increase in sales of old TPB of Priest and Hudlin, im all for it. was surprised becasue I thought Coates run currently has low sale numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    lol. I don't even read the trolls posts. It's like a breakout that gets worse the more you pick at it and only goes away if you leave it be. The others will learn soon enough

Facts.

I also think that Kang vs A Priest-like-Panther ( without Ross, IMHO) story would be epic

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hey,

I was at my local comic shop today and i was about the effect the recently released captain marvel movie has made on comic sales for her series ( not hating on Carol, I saw the movie and really liked it). He mentioned that the movies might give the character a small spike in sales, but the still basically have highs and lows. But, he did say the one comic character that has been effected with a significant increase in comic purchase after their comic movie is Black Panther. He said also did new series help. I'm not a fan of Coates run so I not sure if more attention for Coates is a good thing. But if it is an increase in sales of old TPB of Priest and Hudlin, im all for it. was surprised becasue I thought Coates run currently has low sale numbers.
    It does, but that's nation-wide so individual comic shops may fluctuate when it comes to the floppies (or was he talking about TPBs?). Holistically, floppies dropped to the low 20ks for the better part of the last couple years with occasional spikes due to renumbering/relaunches gimmicks. For example, the last couple issues of the current season sold 22-23k each.

You also have to factor that BP appears bi-monthly in the flagship Avengers book as their leader/chairman and had a string of very good miniseries in the past 5-6 months. So those things plus the outside media influences (oscar buzz keeping BP in the headlines) and it could be several factors in effect.
    Black Panther vs Thor

I also think that Kang vs A Priest-like-Panther ( without Ross, IMHO) story would be epic
    Aaron's Panther or Evan Narcisse's Panther would be ideal imho, just off the fact that Ross wouldn't be part of the packaged deal. lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

It does, but that's nation-wide so individual comic shops may fluctuate when it comes to the floppies (or was he talking about TPBs?). Holistically, floppies dropped to the low 20ks for the better part of the last couple years with occasional spikes due to renumbering/relaunches gimmicks. For example, the last couple issues of the current season sold 22-23k each.

You also have to factor that BP appears bi-monthly in the flagship Avengers book as their leader/chairman and had a string of very good miniseries in the past 5-6 months. So those things plus the outside media influences (oscar buzz keeping BP in the headlines) and it could be several factors in effect.
    Well....we he said black panther in general and the aslo said plus with the current run. I have noticed that marvel has pretty much put every black panther story in TPB, except the "crack in wakanda" storyline

Facts.

The question going forward I guess is this, do we want a Priest/Redjack type Panther going forward, or a T'Chadwick/Hudlin Panther. Priest/Redjack we get the you can only trust Tchalla so much because he is definitely keeping things/ using allies and villains to accomplish the end goal. Or Hudlin/T'Chadwick who will definitely help his allies and is more transparent, but is the hardest Panther and will kill a mofo without hesitation?

Aaron's Panther or Evan Narcisse's Panther would be ideal imho, just off the fact that Ross wouldn't be part of the packaged deal. lol
    Hmm. Or, JA's lightsaber wielding, Ultimate Force push blasting, solar flare burning, tech out the ass Panther coupled with narcisses winter soldiers busting with test tech using, Namor slashing, will blow up muthaf-ers in the ship/ or his own throne to prove his point thinking, good balance of Priest and Hudlin Panther since McDuffie?

The question going forward I guess is this, do we want a Priest/Redjack type Panther going forward, or a T'Chadwick/Hudlin Panther. Priest/Redjack we get the you can only trust Tchalla so much because he is definitely keeping things/ using allies and villains to accomplish the end goal. Or Hudlin/T'Chadwick who will definitely help his allies and is more transparent, but is the hardest Panther and will kill a mofo without hesitation?
    Priest to associates and enemies. Hudlin to friends and family. Liss for random investigation beat downs.
    Last edited by Cville; 03-24-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Priest to associates and enemies. Hudlin to friends and family. Liss for random investigation beat downs.
    This is a panther I can get behind! Using mostly priest tech equipment with adding just the push force. Not a fan of Kotd and too much tech.

This is a panther I can get behind! Using mostly priest tech equipment with adding just the push force. Not a fan of Kotd and too much tech.
    Tech is sort of a tricky double edged sword. On one hand you want to show how smart he is, and give him tech feats. But on the other, you don't want to place the emphasis on the gear over the man.

I think in combat he should be a minimalist as far as tech goes ... it should enhance his skills rather thsn replace them. But they should probably pile on the non combat tech feats, especially now that he will likely split a lot of that with Shuri.