Page 229 of 744 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The question going forward I guess is this, do we want a Priest/Redjack type Panther going forward, or a T'Chadwick/Hudlin Panther. Priest/Redjack we get the you can only trust Tchalla so much because he is definitely keeping things/ using allies and villains to accomplish the end goal. Or Hudlin/T'Chadwick who will definitely help his allies and is more transparent, but is the hardest Panther and will kill a mofo without hesitation?
    This is a great question

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Priest to associates and enemies. Hudlin to friends and family. Liss for random investigation beat downs.
    This is a great answer

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    This is a panther I can get behind! Using mostly priest tech equipment with adding just the push force. Not a fan of Kotd and too much tech.
    I want all the tech lol

Priest's BP will always serve as the definitive new testament Bible version, but Aaron's BP is the most refreshingly fun and unapologetic take on the character's abilities that i've seen in a very long time, if not ever.

His tagline is literally other ppl sayin "Of course he just did that, Because he's the Black Panther!"

Only thing close to that is Thorne's Black Panther, but that's a cartoon.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

This is a panther I can get behind! Using mostly priest tech equipment with adding just the push force. Not a fan of Kotd and too much tech.
    It's all about compounding Priest tech o to the standard while also adding in things over the years without bloating his gear, which is actually easy to do.

Daggers: Priest verison. Stun setting, kill setting, can shoot like darts, can be over loaded to explode (Ewings ultimates) and can extend to blade length (Aaron's lightsaber)

Energy damp boots: priest version absorbs energy, can weaken the integrity of objects. Stores Kinect energy taken in from the habit (stelfreeze idea in BP vol 6 and MCU) can alter the properties of said energy to be released as a different energy source (such as Aaron's solar flare against the vamps)

Kimoyo is now wearable and can be accessed through the helmet or on the forearm (Ewing/MCU)

Bullet proof habit can morph into regular clothes

Antimetal claws

Hard light hologram

The rest
    Purple boxing gloves
    Hard light shield
    Anti gun tech
    Thrice blessed armor

Etc becomes tertiary gear that he uses on special occasions

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    This is a great question

This is a great answer

I want all the tech lol

Priest's BP will always serve as the definitive new testament Bible version, but Aaron's BP is the most refreshingly fun and unapologetic take on the character's abilities that i've seen in a very long time, if not ever.

His tagline is literally other ppl sayin "Of course he just did that, Because he's the Black Panther!"

Only thing close to that is Thorne's Black Panther, but that's a cartoon.
    At the very least, Aarons version is the definitive take on T'Challas abilities of all time outside of his solos. Other then Hickman, most the time he is shown only using claws and maybe occasionally the daggers show up. JA is the first since Hickman to show him using a large variety of tech when he is in action. Though Ewing does get an honorable mention.

While I don't disagree in principle, the more gadgets you use, the less the battles become about who T'Challa is and what he can do (or tactically conceive) and more what he carries.

We don't want a 1960's Batman situation, where he pulls a random piece of tech out for any given situation ("It's a good thing I happened to be carrying my Vibranium female-villain repellent gas grenades!"). That's why I like to keep his loadout well-defined.

Hey,

I was at my local comic shop today and i was about the effect the recently released captain marvel movie has made on comic sales for her series ( not hating on Carol, I saw the movie and really liked it). He mentioned that the movies might give the character a small spike in sales, but the still basically have highs and lows. But, he did say the one comic character that has been effected with a significant increase in comic purchase after their comic movie is Black Panther. He said also did new series help. I'm not a fan of Coates run so I not sure if more attention for Coates is a good thing. But if it is an increase in sales of old TPB of Priest and Hudlin, im all for it. was surprised becasue I thought Coates run currently has low sale numbers.
    Well, one reason is that Black Panther targeted a much ignored demographic of nerds. A Captain America movie isn't really going ot have much of an effect because that demographic was reading Cap anyway and have been catered to for 50 years.

Also, Black Panther didn't have a solo for a long ass time. So, BPs situation is closer to say, Guardians of the Galaxy than Captain Marvel. CM has had numerous solo runs and minis and being in events just because the movie was scheduled lol. BP didn't get **** until Civil War was about to come out lol.

Coates #1 came out in April 2016. Civil War came out in April 2016.

Plus, BP has sold in the past. There was already a dedicated, if small, fan base.

So, you have starved dedicated fan base + ignored nerd demographic + long solo book drought + 4 year avengers run + Coates did have a big profile at the time

None of the other movie characters outside of maybe GoG had that sort of perfect storm build up.

Well....we he said black panther in general and the aslo said plus with the current run. I have noticed that marvel has pretty much put every black panther story in TPB, except the "crack in wakanda" storyline

That is the best thing about the movie. We went for barely any trades at all to BP's entire publication history in complete collection form.

And yes, I think Panther's Prey is the only thing still missing. Still really weird they didn't just thrown that into the Panther's Question Trade or the recent Kirby/Gillis one.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    While I don't disagree in principle, the more gadgets you use, the less the battles become about who T'Challa is and what he can do (or tactically conceive) and more what he carries.

We don't want a 1960's Batman situation, where he pulls a random piece of tech out for any given situation ("It's a good thing I happened to be carrying my Vibranium female-villain repellent gas grenades!"). That's why I like to keep his loadout well-defined.
    I think that's part of the reason why I'm only luke warm about Aarons tech feats in Avengers. It's nice that he's getting feats and showing his brilliance, but they all feel like just random stuff he'll pulling out, likely to never be seen again. Even the solor flair thing which he and Stark pulled out was never seen again in the same story arc, when it easily could have.

Compare that to Blades upgrade, with the Boy thing. He ended up with a gear upgrade that potentially could stick. It had a name and a function, and we got an understanding of what it was and what it does. And that's a gear upgrade that has a good change of sticking around, rather than being a one time thing.

Given vamps have very specific weaknesses, I can sort of buy him creating specific tools to deal specificaly with them. But i would have preferred he got more milage out of the already established gear and simply used them in a different way. Rather than busting out new gear, he could do what Ewing did and change the frequency or whatever of the energy daggers so they're UV and can kill vamps. Stuff like that keeps tech guys from being necessarily bloated while still showing his versatility and genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    At the very least, Aarons version is the definitive take on T'Challas abilities of all time outside of his solos. Other then Hickman, most the time he is shown only using claws and maybe occasionally the daggers show up. JA is the first since Hickman to show him using a large variety of tech when he is in action. Though Ewing does get an honorable mention.
    Yup. JA, Hickman, Ewing, Evans, BPvDP writer, etc have all been blessings. I'd say Aaron is the best of them and has me the most enthused. Granted, Evans was bad ass and Ewing's tiger pokeball will always make him an honorable mention

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

Haha i hear ya! Tho to be fair, pretty much every BP writer of the last 20 years gives him new ass pull gadgets, from '98 Priest to '18 Aaron. It's pretty much his character trait lol. Aaron's is just the most fan service-y to date. But anti-ironman repellent spray, anti-metal "metal" claws, boots that walk on water and run up walls, dues ex energy daggers, the original gangsta overpowered habit that magically appears on him... Priest lost his damn mind! but he also put BP in complex situations (with waaay too wordy exposition) where the gadgets were more an afterthought.

Ultimately, Aaron's ass pulls don't bother me at all because 1) they're cool as fukk (very important), 2) cinematic friendly (also important) and 3) it's basically superbowl-level marketing to the masses about BP, but not in a in-your-face way where he's beating down Namor or the Vampire General. Subtle programming. I don't think we're ever getting a standard load out either, tbh. The standard will be whatever new ass pulls Shuri gives him in BP2 lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

3) it's basically superbowl-level marketing to the masses about BP, but not in a in-your-face way where he's beating down Namor or the Vampire General. Subtle programming. l
    Exactly

It is just background fun stuff. It has become a fun game now. "What BS will t'challa pull out of his suit today!?"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, one reason is that Black Panther targeted a much ignored demographic of nerds. A Captain America movie isn't really going ot have much of an effect because that demographic was reading Cap anyway and have been catered to for 50 years.

Also, Black Panther didn't have a solo for a long ass time. So, BPs situation is closer to say, Guardians of the Galaxy than Captain Marvel. CM has had numerous solo runs and minis and being in events just because the movie was scheduled lol. BP didn't get **** until Civil War was about to come out lol.

Coates #1 came out in April 2016. Civil War came out in April 2016.

Plus, BP has sold in the past. There was already a dedicated, if small, fan base.

So, you have starved dedicated fan base + ignored nerd demographic + long solo book drought + 4 year avengers run + Coates did have a big profile at the time

None of the other movie characters outside of maybe GoG had that sort of perfect storm build up.
    True. BP is a bit more unique and unconventional, similar to GotG. And there is that misconception that BP books didn't sell. They weren't upper echelon sellers but they did hold pretty damn strong for several years at a time whenever BP was in the starring role.

Plus too, most the people in the country and the world regardless of their skin color fawn over these black n brown athletes and entertainers as if they were superheroes. So is it that surprising that a character like BP when allowed the same perks as his caucasian contemporaries, can become such a profitable sensation?

With the floppies themselves, i think that archaic system we talked about last week means that things will never change for characters that weren't booming with the old establishment (batman, spider-man, wolverine, etc), bc it's gonna be roughly the same audience buying the floppies. BP can have the highest grossing trilogy, record making AAA game, and be top 5 in toys and merch, but i don't think that'll ever effect his floppy sales more than a renumbering and variant cover would.. bc that's what tickles the pickle of the old establishment.

So the floppies almost don't matter, if not for serving as a reservoir for future stories in outside media
    Black Panther vs Thor

Exactly

It is just background fun stuff. It has become a fun game now. "What BS will t'challa pull out of his suit today!?"
    It's kinda genius

Gives us something to look forward to even when his number isn't being called to be the focus of an issue. And it ain't anything we couldn't conceivably see him having or doing, but it's just the randomness of it that gets me every time lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

True. BP is a bit more unique and unconventional, similar to GotG. And there is that misconception that BP books didn't sell. They weren't upper echelon sellers but they did hold pretty damn strong for several years at a time whenever BP was in the starring role.

Plus too, most the people in the country and the world regardless of their skin color fawn over these black n brown athletes and entertainers as if they were superheroes. So is it that surprising that a character like BP when allowed the same perks as his caucasian contemporaries, can become such a profitable sensation?

With the floppies themselves, i think that archaic system we talked about last week means that things will never change for characters that weren't booming with the old establishment (batman, spider-man, wolverine, etc), bc it's gonna be roughly the same audience buying the floppies. BP can have the highest grossing trilogy, record making AAA game, and be top 5 in toys and merch, but i don't think that'll ever effect his floppy sales more than a renumbering and variant cover would.. bc that's what tickles the pickle of the old establishment.

So the floppies almost don't matter, if not for serving as a reservoir for future stories in outside media
    I'd be curious what would happen to floppy sales if they put more "mainstream" writers on the book.

Meaning, instead of journalists and novel writers, what if BP got the same effort put into it as GoG?

GoG went from (if memory serves me correct)... Bendis, Duggan, then Cates. All big names to the "floppy audience."

They gave up giving Captain Marvel to comic writing newbs and novelists or whatever and gave her to a known entity with a floppy following (Kelly Thompson) and low and behold... #2 sold 37K in comparision to last years #2 selling 24K.

What would happen to BP's floppy sales if it was Aaron, Ewing, Cates, Chip or whoever + a mainstream artist?

It's kinda genius

Gives us something to look forward to even when his number isn't being called to be the focus of an issue. And it ain't anything we couldn't conceivably see him having or doing, but it's just the randomness of it that gets me every time lol
    I mean ****, i can't tell you what Cap, Stark, or Thor have done in any of the issues lol.

I know BP is the leader with cool gadgets, swagger, and his agents of wakanda thing.

Ghost Rider has been having his own mini arc going on.

Blade kicked ass for the vampire stuff.

Shulk is like... hulking out a lot. and banging Thor.

Everyone else..... errrrrrrr?

I'd be curious what would happen to floppy sales if they put more "mainstream" writers on the book.

Meaning, instead of journalists and novel writers, what if BP got the same effort put into it as GoG?

GoG went from (if memory serves me correct)... Bendis, Duggan, then Cates. All big names to the "floppy audience."

They gave up giving Captain Marvel to comic writing newbs and novelists or whatever and gave her to a known entity with a floppy following (Kelly Thompson) and low and behold... #2 sold 37K in comparision to last years #2 selling 24K.

What would happen to BP's floppy sales if it was Aaron, Ewing, Cates, Chip or whoever + a mainstream artist?
    I used to wonder where BP would be sales wise in the present if Hickman had took over back in 2016. I'd like to think he'd be in the 40ks, which would be pretty good after 3 years.

So to your point, yea, BP ain't really ever had that. And he's popular enough to be low 20ks with rookie "celebrity" writers and fluctuating artists, so to give him an A-list team would be an interesting experiment
    Black Panther vs Thor

I mean ****, i can't tell you what Cap, Stark, or Thor have done in any of the issues lol.

I know BP is the leader with cool gadgets, swagger, and his agents of wakanda thing.

Ghost Rider has been having his own mini arc going on.

Blade kicked ass for the vampire stuff.

Shulk is like... hulking out a lot. and banging Thor.

Everyone else..... errrrrrrr?
    You forgot Carol, but i forgot her too.

She smacked Tony for hitting on her. That's about it. Or does that count as Tony's moment?

Aaron is doing a great job with what he said he wanted to do with T'Challa, esp for a team book. 2-3 more years of this same energy would be perfect.
    Black Panther vs Thor

And he lowkey gave us the best comic book Blade ever + his new sidekick boy-thing... that contrasting duo is cinematic
    Black Panther vs Thor