Page 230 of 744 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    And he lowkey gave us the best comic book Blade ever + his new sidekick boy-thing... that contrasting duo is cinematic
    Only real challenger is Ewing's Blade in Mighty Avengers.

Aaron wins thanks to the fatality + boy-thing + superior art
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Us the biggest opening for an original live action film since Avatar in 2009.

Everyone is raving about Lupita's performance.

go ahead and confirm the wedding lol., She ain't going no where

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, one reason is that Black Panther targeted a much ignored demographic of nerds. A Captain America movie isn't really going ot have much of an effect because that demographic was reading Cap anyway and have been catered to for 50 years.

Also, Black Panther didn't have a solo for a long ass time. So, BPs situation is closer to say, Guardians of the Galaxy than Captain Marvel. CM has had numerous solo runs and minis and being in events just because the movie was scheduled lol. BP didn't get shit until Civil War was about to come out lol.

Coates #1 came out in April 2016. Civil War came out in April 2016.

Plus, BP has sold in the past. There was already a dedicated, if small, fan base.

So, you have starved dedicated fan base + ignored nerd demographic + long solo book drought + 4 year avengers run + Coates did have a big profile at the time

None of the other movie characters outside of maybe GoG had that sort of perfect storm build up.

That is the best thing about the movie. We went for barely any trades at all to BP's entire publication history in complete collection form.

And yes, I think Panther's Prey is the only thing still missing. Still really weird they didn't just thrown that into the Panther's Question Trade or the recent Kirby/Gillis one.
    They might not print it because it's kinda of offensive at this point. The main hook the BP movie had was wakanda. People of African descent came out of the movie feeling proud. So it may not be in Marvel's best interest to publish a story about crack in wakanda lol. Going from "Wakanda Forever" to " Crack Epidemic in Wakanda" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    They might not print it because it's kinda of offensive at this point. The main hook the BP movie had was wakanda. People of African descent came out of the movie feeling proud. So it may not be in Marvel's best interest to publish a story about crack in wakanda lol. Going from "Wakanda Forever" to " Crack Epidemic in Wakanda" lol.
    ... but rape treehouses are ok lol?

Wakanda.

OOPS... I mean Burbank, California.

The offices of Mickey "Money" Mouse.

Black Panther aka King T'challa was livid.

Black Panther: "This is complete BOOLSHET' Mickey and you know it!"

The king of Wakanda slams his fist on the desk as Mickey adjusts his new iced out mad blinging Infinity Gauntlet threatening to squeeze his fist at a moments notice just in case things went too south.

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Look, I don't want any trouble with you you are my leading main character in the MCU... My Billion Dollar Baby!"

Mickey tries desperately to defuse the situation.

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Remember back before the box office success how we worked toward this ultimate achievement... How I got rid of all those Fanbratti that kept blocking you at Marvel and sidelining you... The constant deconstructions... The pyrrhic victories... Doomwar ring a bell?"

Black Panther: "I'm listening..."

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Can't you do me this one solid?"

Black Panther: "So you want me to do crossovers with ALL these characters?"

Black Panther points his vibranium coated kinetic energy charged finger at the other guests seated randomly about Mickey's office.

The Predator: "MY BILLION DOLLAR BABY... HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!"

Alien: "SKREEEEeeeeeee..."

Alita Battle Angel: "Hi."

Neytiri: "You're like a baby. making noise, don't know what to do."

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Yeah, the FOX acquisition has just gone through and I want you to lead the charge doing multiple team ups and whatnot."

Black Panther sighs deeply and closely examines the misfit group of characters.

Black Panther: "You know some these characters are not even in the same universe."

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Neither is King Kong or Godzilla... Freddy Kruger or Jason... Batman and Robin/Green Hornet and Kato... C'mon BP work with me on this and I'll slide you some extra money under the table tax free."

Black Panther: "As king of Wakanda I don't pay taxes."

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Yada yada yada... Let's make history together what do you say..."

Black Panther: "Okay Mickey this one time but you owe me BIG for this... All right everybody let's move out we leave for Wakanda at once!"

Just then Homer Simpson strolls in whistling with his entire family following behind him...

Black Panther: "OH HELL TO THE NAW!"

Mickey smiles with extra cheese on the grin...

Black Panther... The Jump Off begins!
    Get Hectic!

Us the biggest opening for an original live action film since Avatar in 2009.

Everyone is raving about Lupita's performance.

go ahead and confirm the wedding lol., She ain't going no where
    Chill man. Us being right about MCU BP's love interest (Wakanda love, etc etc) is still a sore spot for some of these losers on the internet. Let's not be petty winners by habitually rubbing it in or pointing out that Nakia showed over the weekend she can carry her own solo.

Don't be that guy. Be better
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Wakanda.

OOPS... I mean Burbank, California.

The offices of Mickey "Money" Mouse.

Black Panther aka King T'challa was livid.

Black Panther: "This is complete BOOLSHET' Mickey and you know it!"

The king of Wakanda slams his fist on the desk as Mickey adjusts his new iced out mad blinging Infinity Gauntlet threatening to squeeze his fist at a moments notice just in case things went too south.

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Look, I don't want any trouble with you you are my leading main character in the MCU... My Billion Dollar Baby!"

Mickey tries desperately to defuse the situation.

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Remember back before the box office success how we worked toward this ultimate achievement... How I got rid of all those Fanbratti that kept blocking you at Marvel and sidelining you... The constant deconstructions... The pyrrhic victories... Doomwar ring a bell?"

Black Panther: "I'm listening..."

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Can't you do me this one solid?"

Black Panther: "So you want me to do crossovers with ALL these characters?"

Black Panther points his vibranium coated kinetic energy charged finger at the other guests seated randomly about Mickey's office.

The Predator: "MY BILLION DOLLAR BABY... HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!"

Alien: "SKREEEEeeeeeee..."

Alita Battle Angel: "Hi."

Neytiri: "You're like a baby. making noise, don't know what to do."

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Yeah, the FOX acquisition has just gone through and I want you to lead the charge doing multiple team ups and whatnot."

Black Panther sighs deeply and closely examines the misfit group of characters.

Black Panther: "You know some these characters are not even in the same universe."

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Neither is King Kong or Godzilla... Freddy Kruger or Jason... Batman and Robin/Green Hornet and Kato... C'mon BP work with me on this and I'll slide you some extra money under the table tax free."

Black Panther: "As king of Wakanda I don't pay taxes."

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Yada yada yada... Let's make history together what do you say..."

Black Panther: "Okay Mickey this one time but you owe me BIG for this... All right everybody let's move out we leave for Wakanda at once!"

Just then Homer Simpson strolls in whistling with his entire family following behind him...

Black Panther: "OH HELL TO THE NAW!"

Mickey smiles with extra cheese on the grin...

Black Panther... The Jump Off begins!
    We need to find you an animator so you can make these into youtube skits and make all the ad money...

...at least, of course, until Mickey shuts down your youtube page for copyright infringement and snitching on his hostile work practices :/
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

I'd be curious what would happen to floppy sales if they put more "mainstream" writers on the book.

Meaning, instead of journalists and novel writers, what if BP got the same effort put into it as GoG?

GoG went from (if memory serves me correct)... Bendis, Duggan, then Cates. All big names to the "floppy audience."

They gave up giving Captain Marvel to comic writing newbs and novelists or whatever and gave her to a known entity with a floppy following (Kelly Thompson) and low and behold... #2 sold 37K in comparision to last years #2 selling 24K.

What would happen to BP's floppy sales if it was Aaron, Ewing, Cates, Chip or whoever + a mainstream artist?
    Hell, what would of happened of Redjack got the gig instead of Coates? Based on how well received the show was and how he treated BP? I'd say we would be sitting at 40k. Maybe he wouldn't of had 300k #1 but his sales Would of maintained at a steady pace then what Coates had done and needing to be saved by marvel. Hell I would also would of liked to see Evans get some more time on his story. I mean dude stabilized at 20k, with no support from Marvel and little promo. As well as having to fight for his credit

As for JA. Tech Wise, he has the basics standard wise. Unbreakable habit, claws, daggers/lightsaber, force push, and kimoyo. Everything else is fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    We need to find you an animator so you can make these into youtube skits and make all the ad money...

...at least, of course, until Mickey shuts down your youtube page for copyright infringement and snitching on his hostile work practices :/
    Or at the very least, a artist here so we can get some BP fan fiction skits..these are seriously pure Vibranium gems

Rumble...

The most important thing is that Black Panther team up with Homer Simpson!
    Get Hectic!

not sure if it's been posted but Coates posted the BP 14 cover on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuWBAygF...=1vyraetcivdj8
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

Another gorgeous cover. I really miss Acuna on this book.

It's been over a year since the movie to end all movies dropped right?

Just give me that. Write a book like that.

Thankgoodness for Avengers
    The J-man

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

yaaaassssssss all this goodness. coates saves the day again.. nunakia who??

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!