Page 231 of 744 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331731 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    not sure if it's been posted but Coates posted the BP 14 cover on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuWBAygF...=1vyraetcivdj8

The immortal Daniel Acuña Perez with the cover for Black Panther #14. Lotta people think the current season of Panther is Star Wars. Sure but it’s really the Middle Passage.

What Dani captures so well is the distance between T’Challa—kidnapped, mind-wiped and enslaved by Imperials—and his African home, represented by his beloved Storm. Really happy to be writing this 400 years after we, ourselves, were kidnapped, mind-wiped, enslaved by Imperials and divided from our African home.

Lot of people don’t get why I do comics. I don’t know that they ever will. All I can say is I love the act of creating them and this work feels as necessary as any work on reparations or police killings. In fact, it feels like the exact same work.

I just can't man.

This is the most try hard thing i've read in awhile. This is borderline insulting. Comparing what african's went through during the middle passage to.... space fights.

But at least we got pretty covers!!!!!
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-25-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Endgame is over 3 horus long, maybe T'challa we match his IW screen time after all!!!! (3 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    That is perfect lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd be curious what would happen to floppy sales if they put more "mainstream" writers on the book.

Meaning, instead of journalists and novel writers, what if BP got the same effort put into it as GoG?

GoG went from (if memory serves me correct)... Bendis, Duggan, then Cates. All big names to the "floppy audience."

They gave up giving Captain Marvel to comic writing newbs and novelists or whatever and gave her to a known entity with a floppy following (Kelly Thompson) and low and behold... #2 sold 37K in comparision to last years #2 selling 24K.

What would happen to BP's floppy sales if it was Aaron, Ewing, Cates, Chip or whoever + a mainstream artist?
    And what is the collective skin tone of those guys versus Wakanda?

Very few folks too issue with whatever spinoffs, solos or whatever was done with them. It has been pure bytch fest with Panther spinoffs. Not by folks who read them or at lest tried to but folks who felt those books had no business being made. Meanwhile everyone with failed tv shows or movie got books not just in Marvel but outside it. Who asked for Barbarella? Elvira? Betty Boop? Orphan Black?

You would have 2 sets of complainers.

1) The fake woke crowd who don't like a nonblack writing Black Panther based on all his recent success has been under black folks-be it floppy or trades.
    2) The crocodiles who still scream certain books are closing comic book stores and are indoctrinating our kids by trying to make PC & LGBTQ look HUMAN.

You would see more floppies ordered with those guys but will it get folks reading is another story.

Cates & Chip take would be interesting. SO would the guy doing Miles book right now.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And what is the collective skin tone of those guys versus Wakanda?

Very few folks too issue with whatever spinoffs, solos or whatever was done with them. It has been pure bytch fest with Panther spinoffs. Not by folks who read them or at lest tried to but folks who felt those books had no business being made. Meanwhile everyone with failed tv shows or movie got books not just in Marvel but outside it. Who asked for Barbarella? Elvira? Betty Boop? Orphan Black?

You would have 2 sets of complainers.

1) The fake woke crowd who don't like a nonblack writing Black Panther based on all his recent success has been under black folks-be it floppy or trades.
    2) The crocodiles who still scream certain books are closing comic book stores and are indoctrinating our kids by trying to make PC & LGBTQ look HUMAN.

You would see more floppies ordered with those guys but will it get folks reading is another story.

Cates & Chip take would be interesting. SO would the guy doing Miles book right now.
    This is one of those times I cant figure out what you are saying lol

Screw the writers skin color. Our current writer is comparing star wars in space to the middle passage so...

Who knew George Lucas was such a historian. Was Darth Vadar an allegory to a house slave????
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-25-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    not sure if it's been posted but Coates posted the BP 14 cover on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuWBAygF...=1vyraetcivdj8
    Yeeaah... Coates needs to just stop. This is extremely insulting. Because the thing is, he is having a Wakandan sect doing all this, he had rapes of Wakandan women happening from Wakandan men or African men not sure.. he had early Wakandans drive out the originator's in chains.. had Shuri calling a Black man a slave to Wakanda abd had him in chains..

Dude is feeding into what the haters and racists want to see of Wakanda.

As for Storm? Dude lupita is the boss bae and the true queen. Just like he course corrected before creative time out. He gonna probably be changing that too

Typical BS from Chokes. Oh well, at least I still got good ol Jason Aaron. The unfans can keep this trash.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

That IG link is the quote I found on Facebook.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I just can't man.

This is the most try hard thing i've read in awhile. This is borderline insulting. Comparing what african's went through during the middle passage to.... space fights.

But at least we got pretty covers!!!!!
    I agree with you MoS. When is Coates getting of this book? I mean, I started reading Aquaman just to get my fix for a kingly superhero lol. Why does Coates have to be so fixated on the " plight of the black man" regarding T'challa, but when it comes to Steve Rogers it's "superhero white male power fantasy"?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yaaaassssssss all this goodness. coates saves the day again.. nunakia who??

It's not surprising.

NuNakia I think sort of blew her chances with T'Challa romatically at least in issue 8 when she wanted him to abandon those people on the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I agree with you MoS. When is Coates getting of this book? I mean, I started reading Aquaman just to get my fix for a kingly superhero lol. Why does Coates have to be so fixated on the " plight of the black man" regarding T'challa, but when it comes to Steve Rogers it's "superhero white male power fantasy"?
    Steve right now is sitting in a jail cell wrongly accused of a crime he didn't commit while his girl friend is out there trying to save him. Not sure I'd exactly qualify that as a white male power fantasy.

Two thoughts. The first, somewhat critical.

If you tell a story that's only allegory, then it doesn't help you at all. If it doesn't bring some emotional charge, then it's just talking about something.

-Boots Riley
    And, more frivolously sarcastic:

ALLEGORY, n. A metaphor in three volumes and a tiger.

-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
    Last edited by DigiCom; 03-25-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Steve right now is sitting in a jail cell wrongly accused of a crime he didn't commit while his girl friend is out there trying to save him. Not sure I'd exactly qualify that as a white male power fantasy.
    Heroes go to jail all the time. Bruce Wayne Murder is my favorite Batman story. Time will tell how the story plays out. He's had Cap be more formidable than BP so far.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yaaaassssssss all this goodness. coates saves the day again.. nunakia who??

That cover is great and I'm glad to see Storm appearing again. Hopefully she has a significant role. The comparison of this story to the Middle Passage is interesting as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Heroes go to jail all the time. Bruce Wayne Murder is my favorite Batman story. Time will tell how the story plays out. He's had Cap be more formidable than BP so far.
    Sure, this has happened to Steve like 3-4 times already. I'm not saying this is stuff heroes don't occasionally go through. I'm just saying I don't think I'd necessarily quality it as a white male power fantasy. Coates is putting Steve through the ringer too.