Page 237 of 744 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Well..its why its important BP2 is another huge hit and T'Challa gets more love/praise.

Iron Man could survive a couple of dud films (I did like Iron Man 3 though)

However, once Coogler crushes the sequel.....

and maybe gives T'Challa some real style points Marvel will give him his respect the rest of the way.
    BP is black and he borderline stumbled into his opportunity via a string of fortunate events (Sony deal, Chadwick's availability, Ava dropping out, Coogler coming onboard, social media era/black twitter on Marvel's ass, etc), so you can NEVER get too comfortable or complacent like you can with the white characters.

That said, I think BP2 will be a huge hit just off the merit of the first one. So i think your latter point is far more important: T'Challa gets more love/praise.

He needs more feats and bad ass moments. I don't like that shit about him being the least interesting character in his own film when he just came off being arguably the most interesting character in Cap's film. I don't necessarily agree with those that found him uninteresting but i "get" it bc BP movie Chadwick was more subtle and reserved, whereas Civil War he was more direct, bold, and menacing.

I think Coogler got it tho; he just gotta be careful not to let too many cooks try to get in his kitchen
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    People are hungry for a Marvel stinker look at the vitriol Captain Marvel was getting from a segment of the internet.

Personally, I can point to 4 marvel movies I'm not that big on but that's just me. I thought the quality of Marvel movies went up in general after Winter Soldier, will see if Endgame can stick the landing.
    Dudes who don't get coochie (but rely on living vicariously through fictional characters that do get coochie) are hungry for a Marvel stinker (if the film doesn't star a fictional guy that gets coochie). lol

Brie ouchea disrupting the natural order of manbaby fantasies.

Bad enough what T'Challa did to that other overlapping segment of manbabies..
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    BP is black and he borderline stumbled into his opportunity via a string of fortunate events (Sony deal, Chadwick's availability, Ava dropping out, Coogler coming onboard, social media era/black twitter on Marvel's ass, etc), so you can NEVER get too comfortable or complacent like you can with the white characters.

That said, I think BP2 will be a huge hit just off the merit of the first one. So i think your latter point is far more important: T'Challa gets more love/praise.

He needs more feats and bad ass moments. I don't like that shit about him being the least interesting character in his own film when he just came off being arguably the most interesting character in Cap's film. I don't necessarily agree with those that found him uninteresting but i "get" it bc BP movie Chadwick was more subtle and reserved, whereas Civil War he was more direct, bold, and menacing.

I think Coogler got it tho; he just gotta be careful not to let too many cooks try to get in his kitchen
    I personally found the argument somewhat interesting. People complain about marvel villains being forgettable or the supporting cast being weak, yet when BP not only makes you care about the supporting cast and the villain, and the one who orchestrated the care is the title Character (and no I don't mean by a movie being made with his name on it, but by T'Chadwick expertly wearing multiple hats that allowed for those great interactions) and people say he's The least interesting because he wasn't in murder mode/ lacking any lasting responsibility for his actions or behaving like previous solo heroes... It's odd.

You can't ask for those things then complain when you get them. People said he was too passive, but he was establishing his rule and building his circle of people he could trust (advice he actually followed when he asked his father what to do) and part of doing that is getting the opinions of those your going to be working with.

I found everyone in the movie interesting. With Tchalla and Erik being at the top of that. But now that his rule is established as with his cast, I think people will get what they want

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Damn BoG coming sniping like a boss.. in the top 100 I saw Priest trade but nothing of Coates... What was that again about Coates crushing it??
    Coates' first trade is at #27, or was when I loaded the link. Easy to miss, what with all the Batman books.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    A lot of those books are Kindle Unlimited. Does it count as dollar sales or include downloads for those with subscriptions?
    That's just a label on the image. Kindle sales are a different link:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...re_3_156104011

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Her comic isn't selling well but her MCU Character is very popular.
    Twitter was going crazy over the Shuri revelation..
    That has more to do with it being a revelation more than Shuri popularity.

She was one of the very few the Russos refused to comment on whether she was snapped or alive after IW. Leading many to think, rightfully, she would have a part to play in EG.

Then the trailer said she was dead, but a lot of people though the Russos were just messing with everyone again like they did with Hulk.

Then the poster confirmed she got snapped. So now it is news she gone.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Never get comfortable.

Don't settle for scraps.

Don't push to be a love interest, to be a team member, to be a background in someone elses mythos. To accept 3 minutes of screentime. That shit is weak.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

BP#10 was good I think..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I personally found the argument somewhat interesting. People complain about marvel villains being forgettable or the supporting cast being weak, yet when BP not only makes you care about the supporting cast and the villain, and the one who orchestrated the care is the title Character (and no I don't mean by a movie being made with his name on it, but by T'Chadwick expertly wearing multiple hats that allowed for those great interactions) and people say he's The least interesting because he wasn't in murder mode/ lacking any lasting responsibility for his actions or behaving like previous solo heroes... It's odd.

You can't ask for those things then complain when you get them. People said he was too passive, but he was establishing his rule and building his circle of people he could trust (advice he actually followed when he asked his father what to do) and part of doing that is getting the opinions of those your going to be working with.

I found everyone in the movie interesting. With Tchalla and Erik being at the top of that. But now that his rule is established as with his cast, I think people will get what they want
    I think if they give him more action moments, it'll take care of that noise. Like Cap's elevator scene or when he beat up the UFC guy in the opening or the Bucky fight or the final Bucky fight. Really, CA:TWS was them saying ok we know yall think Cap is a lame boring dweeb, so let's do everything in our power to change that.

It's not that dire for BP tho. Just no more depowering or ceremonial fights or getting killed for shock moments or having your best fight scene be barely visible in theaters lol... and he'll be good to go. Also, he may not quip but that Hawkeye line was priceless. The i don't cares and i never freezes are definitely his comedic niche. That and black jeopardy
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    BP#10 was good I think..
    I don't agree.

It is Coates writing style sucking you in... again. Here is the playbook for this season...

- talking to establish wtf is going on
    - have a plan
    - shit plan didn't fully work, good thing we have tchalla!
    - T'challa kicks a lot of ass. it is pretty!
    - things calm down
    - OH SNAPS A TWIST! WHAT IS HAPPENING!
    - end page reveal that makes you question things and see the next book

Take a step back from the twists and reveals and ask yourself...

What did the actual story tell you?

The answer, to me, was nothing. Nothing at all. You can skip everything but hte last two pages and end up with the same result... an unexpected, unexplained, and unearned twist and reveal... again. 10 issues in and I still really have no freaking idea what is going on or how this is anything but Star Wars.

And I still don't see how any of this connects to being crammed into a boat and traveling from across the atlantic ocean to be sold.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-27-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't agree.

It is Coates writing style sucking you in... again. Here is the playbook for this season...

- have a plan
    - things calm down

The answer, to me, was nothing. Nothing at all. You can skip everything but hte last two pages and end up with the same result... an unexpected, unexplained, and unearned twist and reveal... again. 10 issues in and I still really have no freaking idea what is going on or how this is anything but Star Wars.

And I still don't see how any of this connects to being crammed into a boat and traveling from across the atlantic ocean to be sold.
    But the pretty cover art is pretty!
    Black Panther vs Thor

I don't agree.

- have a plan
    - things calm down

That sounds like a fun project. Would taking the last two pages of each issue still give the complete story. Maybe so.

Go ahead and spoil it for me.

That sounds like a fun project. Would taking the last two pages of each issue still give the complete story. Maybe so.
    If I get bored..... lol

Go ahead and spoil it for me.
    BP10

spoilers:

- preview, KM daughter is missing and such
    - tchalla, nakia, and fish dude need to figure out how to stop Eden, the empires biggest weapons
    - fight with eden. He ends up disabled or stopped or whatever.
    - tchalla kick ass scene against the mooks
    - uh oh, Eden wasn't disabled. It was a trick by the bad guy Achebe!
    - everyone is captured and brought to Achebe
    - TWIST!!! achebe kills all the bad guys to save the rebellion!
    - Eden teleports everyone ot rebel ship, Achebe blows up all the bad guys!
    - T'challa is confused and and says "what is Basts name...
    - TWIST!!!! LAST PAGE REVEAL!!! Zenzi is sitting there, with Bast in the background/using her as a avatar, telling him to not use a gods name in vain

end of spoilers

Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-27-2019 at 07:20 AM.

If I get bored..... lol

BP10

spoilers:

- preview, KM daughter is missing and such
    - tchalla, nakia, and fish dude need to figure out how to stop Eden, the empires biggest weapons
    - fight with eden. He ends up disabled or stopped or whatever.
    - tchalla kick ass scene against the mooks
    - uh oh, Eden wasn't disabled. It was a trick by the bad guy Achebe!
    - everyone is captured and brought to Achebe
    - TWIST!!! achebe kills all the bad guys to save the rebellion!
    - Eden teleports everyone ot rebel ship, Achebe blows up all the bad guys!
    - T'challa is confused and and says "what is Basts name...
    - TWIST!!!! LAST PAGE REVEAL!!! Zenzi is sitting there, with Bast in the background/using her as a avatar, telling him to not use a gods name in vain

end of spoilers

That is interesting, I think that last two page theory might work. Lol.

That is interesting, I think that last two page theory might work. Lol.
    I glanced a bit, I think you'd have to expand it to three pages. 2 pages of talking, 1 page for the splash reveal at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Coates' first trade is at #27, or was when I loaded the link. Easy to miss, what with all the Batman books.

That's just a label on the image. Kindle sales are a different link:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...re_3_156104011
    Yeah I saw it after taking another look. Funny still the claim that priest and Hudlin where at Erik and Shuri numbers when Priest in in the top 100 around 50 ish.