Page 238 of 744 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

T'Challa has a trump card. They just have to use it in the films.

Thats the 10 steps ahead version of T'Challa.

Obviously needs his Winter Soldier, Blade, Book of Eli, etc etc moment as well. That badass fight scene in his own film that people keep talking about.

However, show T'Challa having plans on top of plans on top of plans and that will captivate an audience.

Another great thing about strategic T'Challa is that it meshes well with the ensemble excellence of the film(s). There's so many great characters that you could really see how T'Challa moves pieces on the chess board.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    T'Challa has a trump card. They just have to use it in the films.

Thats the 10 steps ahead version of T'Challa.

Obviously needs his Winter Soldier, Blade, Book of Eli, etc etc moment as well. That badass fight scene in his own film that people keep talking about.

However, show T'Challa having plans on top of plans on top of plans and that will captivate an audience.

Another great thing about strategic T'Challa is that it meshes well with the ensemble excellence of the film(s). There's so many great characters that you could really see how T'Challa moves pieces on the chess board.
    I dont think it makes a Marvel movie. That's more for a movie like "Basic" or a Tarantino film. I dont think Feige will take those risk until the current formula stops working.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I dont think it makes a Marvel movie. That's more for a movie like "Basic" or a Tarantino film. I dont think Feige will take those risk until the current formula stops working.
    It is hard to pull off on film.

I am a broken record with this, but it would have to be RDJ sherlockle holmes like to pull it off. It realize on a point at the end where the main hero spells out all the steps he took place to get to that point. If you mess it up, it comes off "tdk joker" like and omnipotent

It worked for Priest well because Ross was the narrator.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Funny thing is, we all know Coates doesn't have enough content for 12 issues, let alone 18-20 or however long this story is going to drag for. He has about 6 issues worth of story. We saw it in S1, it became more glaring in S2, and now it's just getting stupid.. he should of just told his 39 issue story then moved on.. or not been given the gig at all because his book flounders, claims bits about allegories but doesn't show them and then just ishts all over the mythos BECAUSE it doesn't have any direction and he is obsessed with showing Black dysfunction and only shows Black excellence when his arm is twisted, and even then there's a catch

This issue... Reads like a comic you randomly pic up while browsing because when you flip through it looks interesting. But after you finish, it a not exciting enough to go get the subsequent books. I think it needs sex, nudity, and over the top gore to spice it up.

How is manifold the lynchpin to the imperial army? What were they doing before he showed up? Have the normal troops become Storm Troopers?
    Last edited by Cville; 03-27-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This issue... Reads like a comic you randomly pic up while browsing because when you flip through it looks interesting. But after you finish, it a not exciting enough to go get the subsequent books. I think it needs sex, nudity, and over the top gore to spice it up.
    Taken in isolation, all the issues are "good to fine"

Reading week-to-week, it just feels like groundhog day.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Taken in isolation, all the issues are "good to fine"

Reading week-to-week, it just feels like groundhog day.
    I can't even say good. It's oatmeal. You can eat it, taste bland, doesn't hurt you, but you hope mom buys the sugary flavored oatmeal next time.

Ha ha cotdamn MoS you were Right. Basically the only pages that actually matters are like the first 2-3 pages and the last 2-3 pages. Everything else means isht. Dude throws out it twists like it's candy, and they aren't even deserved or make any sense. Nothing from last issue to now even explains or hints or would even remotely lead to this new surprise twist Making logical sense.

Like plot twists only work maybe twice at Max in a story, not every cotdamn issue.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I enjoyed BP 10. some parts were a bit hard to follow but the story itself was very fast paced and action packed. curious to see how this all concludes.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I enjoyed BP 10. some parts were a bit hard to follow .
    That is because there is no connection to anyone because we don't know any of these people except T'challa. Everyone is brand new and instead of making the reader connect to anyone, it is stuck behind a "no memories" plotline and using names we recognize insteda.

It is hard to care and connect to characters that you don't know. Every character is "just another black person" or "just another alien"

Imagine picking up some random indy comic book that had characters and 10 issues in, you still didn't know anything about anyone. This is exactly what this book is right now.

For those who dont care about Storm and still buy floppies.

Priest gonna sue somebody. Lol

That has more to do with it being a revelation more than Shuri popularity.

She was one of the very few the Russos refused to comment on whether she was snapped or alive after IW. Leading many to think, rightfully, she would have a part to play in EG.

Then the trailer said she was dead, but a lot of people though the Russos were just messing with everyone again like they did with Hulk.

Then the poster confirmed she got snapped. So now it is news she gone.
    I was honestly expecting them to keep her around if only so they could confirm one way or another whether she managed to save Vision's brain pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was honestly expecting them to keep her around if only so they could confirm one way or another whether she managed to save Vision's brain pattern.
    I could easily see a scene in the epilogue where they show Shuri working on building a new vision. Assuming the movie has RotK 15 endings type of thing lol

Leave the avenue open to bring him back if they wanted (or I guess maybe bring ultron back too).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

That is because there is no connection to anyone because we don't know any of these people except T'challa. Everyone is brand new and instead of making the reader connect to anyone, it is stuck behind a "no memories" plotline and using names we recognize insteda.

It is hard to care and connect to characters that you don't know. Every character is "just another black person" or "just another alien"

Imagine picking up some random indy comic book that had characters and 10 issues in, you still didn't know anything about anyone. This is exactly what this book is right now.
    I can agree with you here. a lot of these characters I was like "who the f is this" lol. but I am able to put this aside and still find enjoyment in the issue. after reading Coates explanation of what this story symbolizes it has given me a greater appreciation for his work and I'm curious to see how this will all resolve for tchalla.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!