Page 247 of 744 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In terms of powers, I don't think T'Challa neds anything more than what our Lords Kirby and Stan gifted him with.

And in terms of equipment, I think Priest did just fine arming him. The bigger part the suit places, the lesser role T'Challa's own skills do.

What I enjoyed most about Enemy of the State 2 was how it straight out said, T'Challa doesn't need a super suit. Strip him naked, and T'Challa is still one of the most dangerous men in the world. Too many gimmicks dilute that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Priest's basic tech makes T'Challa OP against (human) red shirts.

Is everyone in agreement with this?

I love and champion dat Priest stuff. I'm pro-Priest basic tech lol.But i also call a spade a spade and i've said this before: if he has a bullet proof suit head to toe, dues ex machina claws that cut through anything, dues ex machina energy daggers that pierce anything, daredevil senses that can hear/smell nearly anything, annnnnd he's superpowered...?

...maaaaaan this muthafucka's warrior abilities are diminished! haha

EXCEPT! (because there's always exceptions)...

If you raise the level of his competition....

Otherwise, human red shirts and even the Buckys of the world are not competition, but a coronation.

(i'm fine with this, in fact i love dat ****, but what say you? )
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I didn't completely save him against iron fist, namor, or ultron. The issue to me is that threat level of his enemies needs to be increased. I mean, him being the king of the most technologically advanced nation would make him over powered.

Sir, we are 200% on the same page.

Every. single. damn. thing. you. said. here.

Awww ****

That last sentence in particular was heat rocks. Rap bars

We're curating information!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Priest's basic tech makes T'Challa OP against (human) red shirts.

Is everyone in agreement with this?

I love and champion dat Priest stuff. I'm pro-Priest basic tech lol.But i also call a spade a spade and i've said this before: if he has a bullet proof suit head to toe, dues ex machina claws that cut through anything, dues ex machina energy daggers that pierce anything, daredevil senses that can hear/smell nearly anything, annnnnd he's superpowered...?

...maaaaaan this muthafucka's warrior abilities are diminished! haha

EXCEPT! (because there's always exceptions)...

If you raise the level of his competition....

Otherwise, human red shirts and even the Buckys of the world are not competition, but a coronation.

(i'm fine with this, in fact i love dat ****, but what say you? )
    To be honest, the only tech of Priest's run that I think is maybe over kill is the vibranium boot soles. I mean jumping 50 of a building and landing fine without any harm is a lot. Plus walking on water?!? But, what sold the boot soles to me was Ultron Unlimited and the issue where T'challa breaks the handcuffs with his boots. In ultron unlimited, the treat of Ultron said to me is just give him all of Priest's tech lol.

But i an REALLY NOT a fan of KOTD. I don't see the purpose. Focus on tech, not magic lol

I have always favored skill and intelligence in my superheroes than immense power and strength. To me, the basic tech Priest gave T'challa (i.e. anti- metal claws, kimoyo interface, vibranium weave suit, energy daggers, vibranium boot soles) along with the force push is enough for most situations. These along with his heightened senses and super soldier abilities is what is required for most situations. To much tech diminishes his warrior abilities. He's smart and skilled enough with the tech I just mentioned to get out of most situations.

BP shouldn't become too dependent on his tech like iron man.

Plus, some stuff is just redundant. Why have the "soul spear" if you have claws and daggers? Why have force fields and armored suits if you have vibranium weave. That other stuff should be for special occasions. The gun jammers in Hudlin's should be given to Wakanda's soldiers and dora milaje, but BP doesn't really need it.

Also, does KOTD abilities really even serve a purpose when you are king of the most technologically advanced military on earth?
    I agree that Priest base tech is what should be his standard. However, any hero can have their capabilities diminished if the creative team lacks creativity and relies on over used practices. This same thing happened to Thor with the good blast. Same thing happens to Storm becoming lightning lass.

You can have the most innovative well placed and thought out gear that is designed completely to compliment a character but all it takes is one uninspired team and it becomes a hindrance.

Now I'm all for Priest standard gear. However now. Being that his run was 20 years ago. It's time to update it.

Daggers
    Habit
    Kimoyo
    Boots
    Force push

Daggers can change frequency as shown in ultimates as well as extend to lightsaber size shown in Avengers

Habit is fully sleeked armor as shown in the mcu and less cloth like

Claws are claws, maybe he can shoot them out as shown in BP quest

Vibranium soled boots hold the extra Kinect energy and store it for later use

Kimoyo is wearable as shown in the MCU beads can have multiple functions

Force push can be used as an omniwave straight up push, enhancing blows or run /jump capabilities and be used to knock opponents into the air by transferring the energy into the ground (like Tchalla did to stand). And can adjust energy frequency (JAs solar flare)

There, sane basic gear updated through the years and creative ideas are added to the same fear to keep it small but multifunctional to be used in Orthodox and unorthodox methods

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The stupid thing is that they increased T'Challa before increasing his rogues, which made no sense. If T'Challa can already beat his rogues prior to being ungraded, why upgrade him further so that he's even more powerful than the people he's already beating 90% of the time at his previous power level. Time needs to be invested in making his rogues credible threats to him. If they can't credibly beat him, then what's the point?

And I'd extend that beyond just Black Panther. I think villains in general need to be bigger threats. Books wouldn't need to constantly be borrowing Doom if every franchise made a half descent effort to create their own Doom.
    I think Priest did a good job having the villains logically keep pace with his upgrades. I think the upgrades were/are perfect, but you could look back and see his ineffective they were, you see its because T'Challa's enemies were ready for them.

Which frankly, is how it should be. T'Challa isn't a character that leans towards random encounters. The people trying to kill him have to be good, on several levels.

Spider-Man fights lame foes because he basically stumbles across them. If T'Challa is fighting lame foes, it's because he needs to fire his security chief.

The stupid thing is that they increased T'Challa before increasing his rogues, which made no sense. If T'Challa can already beat his rogues prior to being ungraded, why upgrade him further so that he's even more powerful than the people he's already beating 90% of the time at his previous power level. Time needs to be invested in making his rogues credible threats to him. If they can't credibly beat him, then what's the point?

And I'd extend that beyond just Black Panther. I think villains in general need to be bigger threats. Books wouldn't need to constantly be borrowing Doom if every franchise made a half descent effort to create their own Doom.
    Well....to be fair to Priest, T'challa was struggling hard against everyone until Priest got his hands on him. He never beat Man Ape until Priest, to this Day with all his tech, never beat Killmonger in the comics. Bleed out like crazy in Panther's Prey lol. Also the gear made people take T'challa more serious.

But I agree, villains should always be more of a threat in general. I think that's what makes Spiderman and Batman's villains so good and iconic. They could actually win lol

In terms of powers, I don't think T'Challa neds anything more than what our Lords Kirby and Stan gifted him with.

And in terms of equipment, I think Priest did just fine arming him. The bigger part the suit places, the lesser role T'Challa's own skills do.

What I enjoyed most about Enemy of the State 2 was how it straight out said, T'Challa doesn't need a super suit. Strip him naked, and T'Challa is still one of the most dangerous men in the world. Too many gimmicks dilute that.
    That's why I always had mixed feelings about the force push. The innate nature of the ability esssentially replaces skill and physical stats with tech. He doesn't need to dodge or block if he can absorb the force of blows up to a certain point (obviously he'll be dodging Hulk level shots regardless of what hes wearing). And he doesn't need to throw punches or kicks if he can simply project force at his opponent.

It's a logical upgrade, but it places the emphasis more on the suit than the man. Even in the BP vs DP story, it sort of elluded to that. DP flat out said he would be stupid to fight T'Challa at once point, but he was fine doing it once he got his own vibranium suit. In the subtext, it basically implied he was more worried about the suits capabilities than T'Challa the man and once they were on an level playing field he felt he could take him. It's again giving the suit more credit than I'd like.

But there's no going back at this point. Coates managed to create an upgrade which is actually sticking, as opposed to a lot of other stuff like the force fields, the purple boxing gloves, shadow physics, etc. The best I think we can get is a good amount of stories now and then where he's stripped of his tech every so often. Show what he can do without the suit every so often, so the man can get the credit he deserves.

So we're all in agreement that Priest's basic tech makes T'Challa OP (see: over powered) vs human red shirts?

None of that other stuff about whether he's still great buck naked (the ladies can debate that) or philosophical debates about what percentage of tech to no tech tickles our pickle.

I'm talking specifically Priest's basic tech, outlined by vibranium weave, ezyo, etc.

*Human red shirts can be defined as goon slam gary types and common henchmen.

Is the congregation in agreement with this statement in bold?
    Black Panther vs Thor

Ultimate Member

So we're all in agreement that Priest's basic tech makes T'Challa OP (see: over powered) vs human red shirts?

None of that other stuff about whether he's still great buck naked (the ladies can debate that) or philosophical debates about what percentage of tech to no tech tickles our pickle.

I'm talking specifically Priest's basic tech, outlined by vibranium weave, ezyo, etc.

Eh, any super soldier is OP in terms of red shirts, so sure, whatever.

Also, water is wet

To be honest, the only tech of Priest's run that I think is maybe over kill is the vibranium boot soles. I mean jumping 50 of a building and landing fine without any harm is a lot. Plus walking on water?!? But, what sold the boot soles to me was Ultron Unlimited and the issue where T'challa breaks the handcuffs with his boots. In ultron unlimited, the treat of Ultron said to me is just give him all of Priest's tech lol.

But i an REALLY NOT a fan of KOTD. I don't see the purpose. Focus on tech, not magic lol
    Yea, the jesus abilities was the only thing that i busted out laughing for and not in the (i'm laughing with you type of way. All in all, i don't find T'Challa overpowered.

Except against human redshirts

But that shouldn't be a problem because..

The issue to me is that threat level of his enemies needs to be increased. I mean, him being the king of the most technologically advanced nation would make him over powered.
    !!!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Eh, any super soldier is OP in terms of red shirts, so sure, whatever.

Also, water is wet
    Nope! Not if they ain't bullet proof too!

Water is also essential for hydration
    Black Panther vs Thor

That's why I always had mixed feelings about the force push. The innate nature of the ability esssentially replaces skill and physical stats with tech. He doesn't need to dodge or block if he can absorb the force of blows up to a certain point (obviously he'll be dodging Hulk level shots regardless of what hes wearing). And he doesn't need to throw punches or kicks if he can simply project force at his opponent.

It's a logical upgrade, but it places the emphasis more on the suit than the man. Even in the BP vs DP story, it sort of elluded to that. DP flat out said he would be stupid to fight T'Challa at once point, but he was fine doing it once he got his own vibranium suit. In the subtext, it basically implied he was more worried about the suits capabilities than T'Challa the man and once they were on an level playing field he felt he could take him. It's again giving the suit more credit than I'd like.

But there's no going back at this point. Coates managed to create an upgrade which is actually sticking, as opposed to a lot of other stuff like the force fields, the purple boxing gloves, shadow physics, etc. The best I think we can get is a good amount of stories now and then where he's stripped of his tech every so often. Show what he can do without the suit every so often, so the man can get the credit he deserves.
    Force push is great if he's facing of against any army (like in the movie or the 1st issue of Nation under our feet) or several very super strong people at the same time. Also it would help if he was fighting someone like say Mr. Freeze who could freeze him in a block of ice. Or a person like sandman or clayface who could tramp him in their body.

Yes Priest tech should be the standard HOWEVER, it should be updated with the latest installments we have gotten from Ewing, narcisse, Aaron, and Pantherjack (specifically the hard light images)

Well....to be fair to Priest, T'challa was struggling hard against everyone until Priest got his hands on him. He never beat Man Ape until Priest, to this Day with all his tech, never beat Killmonger in the comics. Bleed out like crazy in Panther's Prey lol. Also the gear made people take T'challa more serious.

But I agree, villains should always be more of a threat in general. I think that's what makes Spiderman and Batman's villains so good and iconic. They could actually win lol
    Killmonger SORT OF lost to T'Challa, but Priest and Hudlin didn't count it because it was zombie Killmonger.

I do agree that T'Challa having gear made people take him more seriously. The Priest stuff was absolutely perfect. I just think the villains needed to proportionately scale up with him. Killmonger especially... yes, this guy keeps beating T'Challa but on paper there's no reason that should be happening. Aside from a strength advantage (which a vibranium suit should largely negate), he was always the underdog. In a way that made him unique and cool... but I sort of wish he had more power or resources to make him a bigger threat than he was.

Ultimatley, apart from Klaw (and maybe Tetu) if you were to put all of T'Challas rogues into a room Iron Man could probably wipe the floor with the lot of them in 5 minutes flat. Even to this day I don't entirely buy that a lot of them can give T'Challa as much trouble as they do. Anytime T'CHalla gets a bump, I think BP's rogue either needs one. At this point they probably need 2.

Force push is great if he's facing of against any army (like in the movie or the 1st issue of Nation under our feet) or several very super strong people at the same time. Also it would help if he was fighting someone like say Mr. Freeze who could freeze him in a block of ice. Or a person like sandman or clayface who could tramp him in their body.
    Oh, I'm not saying it's note a great ability. It's very logical and extremely versatile.

Again, my point is that it replaces skill with tech in that he doesn't really need to fight hand to hand anymore UNLESS he's fighting an opponent WAAAY outside of his weight class. If his suit can take shots from Namor in theory, then Killmonger can be punching away at T'Challa all day long and it won't matter. Obviously no fight with Killmonger would be written that way, but in theory it should.

I personally don't think force push should be standard gear. But again, we're past that point as Coates managed to make it stick.

IMHO, it's kind of hard to say he's overpowered against Redskins because for a man in his position to be otherwise would not make sense. If he has the very real chance of dying from the most basic of goons, it would be irresponsible for him to engage in any battle for the safety of his country. Being the king the most technologically advanced nation, he better have good protection from goons in order to allow any of his security team to thinks it's a good idea for him to ever go into battle.