Page 248 of 744 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Well....to be fair to Priest, T'challa was struggling hard against everyone until Priest got his hands on him. He never beat Man Ape until Priest, to this Day with all his tech, never beat Killmonger in the comics. Bleed out like crazy in Panther's Prey lol. Also the gear made people take T'challa more serious.

But I agree, villains should always be more of a threat in general. I think that's what makes Spiderman and Batman's villains so good and iconic. They could actually win lol
    Remember when T'Challa got his butt kicked by a bunch of cops, grandmas, and kkk redshirts?

Would Priest's basic gear make T'Challa OP against these ppl now? hehehe

thank BAST for Priest lol
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The stupid thing is that they increased T'Challa before increasing his rogues, which made no sense. If T'Challa can already beat his rogues prior to being ungraded, why upgrade him further so that he's even more powerful than the people he's already beating 90% of the time at his previous power level. Time needs to be invested in making his rogues credible threats to him. If they can't credibly beat him, then what's the point?

And I'd extend that beyond just Black Panther. I think villains in general need to be bigger threats. Books wouldn't need to constantly be borrowing Doom if every franchise made a half descent effort to create their own Doom.
    But he was barley winning back then. Suit shredded, bleeding, and broken bones. I'd start making upgrades too. lol

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Oh, I'm not saying it's note a great ability. It's very logical and extremely versatile.

Again, my point is that it replaces skill with tech in that he doesn't really need to fight hand to hand anymore UNLESS he's fighting an opponent WAAAY outside of his weight class. If his suit can take shots from Namor in theory, then Killmonger can be punching away at T'Challa all day long and it won't matter. Obviously no fight with Killmonger would be written that way, but in theory it should.

I personally don't think force push should be standard gear. But again, we're past that point as Coates managed to make it stick.
    Again he would still need to dodge against some like Mr Freeze or if someone was shooting acid or something like that. Batman dodges but still wears kevlar. Plus, it would be wise to dodge when he can against strong people because they can still send him flying like the rhino in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But he was barley winning back then. Suit shredded, bleeding, and broken bones. I'd start making upgrades too. lol
    Oh, I would too.

Like I said, I'm not against the upgrades at all. I just wish the villains were able to keep up a little better. The problem is for a lot of them that's tough to do. None of them as as smart as him and none of them have the resources he does. The best they can do is to try and stay ahead of him in pure physical strength, but once you incorporate stuff like the force push that doesn't get you a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes Priest tech should be the standard HOWEVER, it should be updated with the latest installments we have gotten from Ewing, narcisse, Aaron, and Pantherjack (specifically the hard light images)
    Baby steps first Ezyo. Baby steps. (:

If we don't give him the latest installments and all he has is Priest's gear... then in a fight against human red shirts, is BP too OP for them? That's all i wanna know

8 redneck redshirts in pillow cases vs BP in Priest's basic gear... Are the 8 rednecks outmatched?

And whatever your answer is to that question, are you ok with that being the status quo outcome in 2019?

IMHO, it's kind of hard to say he's overpowered against Redskins because for a man in his position to be otherwise would not make sense. If he has the very real chance of dying from the most basic of goons, it would be irresponsible for him to engage in any battle for the safety of his country. Being the king the most technologically advanced nation, he better have good protection from goons in order to allow any of his security team to thinks it's a good idea for him to ever go into battle.
    Good thought-provoking answer sir. Much better than water is wet. It would be irresponsible for him NOT to be OP vs human red shirts!

That's an interesting spin on it
    Black Panther vs Thor

Again he would still need to dodge against some like Mr Freeze or if someone was shooting acid or something like that. Batman dodges but still wears kevlar. Plus, it would be wise to dodge when he can against strong people because they can still send him flying like the rhino in the movie.
    Sure, there's stuff he can dodge. But the specific element I think he loses is him as a martial artist. He's one of the best fighers in the MU. He should be throwing down hands... and the force push elements made him doing that largely redudent UNLESS he's fighting well outside of his weight class. If he's facing Namor then yeah... force push absolutely isn't a problem. But against Killmonger and potentially even Man Ape, he can let his suit literally do all the work. That won't happen of course... no writer would ever write that story. But it theoretically can and argaubly should.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Remember when T'Challa got his butt kicked by a bunch of cops, grandmas, and kkk redshirts?

Would Priest's basic gear make T'Challa OP against these ppl now? hehehe

thank BAST for Priest lol
    This stuff is nonsense lol. The King of the most technologically advanced country should not have these troubles lol. Pictures like these are the reasons I refuse to by any Don Mcregor stories with my hard earned money lol.

Priest panther would bought the whole store and shut it down for them laying a hand on him. Then he would have personally killed all of these KKK redskins lol. The policemen in this story would have lost their badges for touching a diplomat lol.

Sure, there's stuff he can dodge. But the specific element I think he loses is him as a martial artist. He's one of the best fighers in the MU. He should be throwing down hands... and the force push elements made him doing that largely redudent UNLESS he's fighting well outside of his weight class. If he's facing Namor then yeah... force push absolutely isn't a problem. But against Killmonger and potentially even Man Ape, he can let his suit literally do all the work. That won't happen of course... no writer would ever write that story. But it theoretically can and argaubly should.
    But they would need to hit him hard and often enough for the force push to work on them effectively. If that's the case, he would just beat the snot out of them lol

If we don't give him the latest installments and all he has is Priest's gear... then in a fight against human red shirts, is BP too OP for them? That's all i wanna know

8 redneck redshirts in pillow cases vs BP in Priest's basic gear... Are the 8 rednecks outmatched?

And whatever your answer is to that question, are you ok with that being the status quo outcome in 2019?

Good thought-provoking answer sir. Much better than water is wet. It would be irresponsible for him NOT to be OP vs human red shirts!

My biggest issue with Coates run is that he trashes Wakanda AND makes T'Challa seem VERY IRRESPONSIBLE.

But they would need to hit him hard and often enough for the force push to work on them effectively. If that's the case, he would just beat the snot out of them lol
    Force push hits them back with the same force they're hitting T'Challa with. So it in theory should be only as effective as they are. And yes in theory T'Challa should just beat the snot out of Killmonger if his suit can tank blows from Namor... but in practice it will never work that way. That's just how comics are.

Sort of like how Kingpin somehow is a match for Spider-Man, even though with 10 ton strength Peter should be able to kill Kingpin with his pinky. In the same way that street level threat at times can be an issue for Peter, I think T'Challas suit will function in a similar manner. Which doesn't make sense... but what can ya do.

Funny thing is that Rise established that T'Challa had the force push all along in the fight against Namor. Which means unless he had multiple suits, every appearance he's had should have him capable of tanking Namor level hits. That's the problem with retcons.

Force push hits them back with the same force they're hitting T'Challa with. So it in theory should be only as effective as they are. And yes in theory T'Challa should just beat the snot out of Killmonger if his suit can tank blows from Namor... but in practice it will never work that way. That's just how comics are.

Sort of like how Kingpin somehow is a match for Spider-Man, even though with 10 ton strength Peter should be able to kill Kingpin with his pinky. In the same way that street level threat at times can be an issue for Peter, I think T'Challas suit will function in a similar manner. Which doesn't make sense... but what can ya do.

Funny thing is that Rise established that T'Challa had the force push all along in the fight against Namor. Which means unless he had multiple suits, every appearance he's had should have him capable of tanking Namor level hits. That's the problem with retcons.
    Yeah, I always thought that Kingpin was a terrible Spiderman villain lol. Kingpin is better suited for Daredevil.

Yes it should be his standard gear and yes he should be grossly OP to redshirts. Shii we saw him trashing thanos forces in TRO in SWaD dude was shredding through the Skrulls with no tech, slicing up symbiods, those cosmic parasites in Avengers...

Bruh goon slam Gary and his friends should be getting bodied hard while Tchalla is chilling scratching himself and stifling a yawn. Redshirts to pose ANY sort of threat need to at MINIMUM, WS assassin level.

I don't get all this depowering of T'Challa so he has to try when mowing down redshirts.. You gonna step up to the King? You better be packing some major firepower

So we're all in agreement that Priest's basic tech makes T'Challa OP (see: over powered) vs human red shirts?
    Yes. Priests basic Tech or T'chadwicks basic tech, whatever universe you wanna go in.

I don't know why people making this complicated lol. If you can stop a bullet and have any powers, you wreck all human redshirts in existence. Hence why Cap with his shield or mcu bucky with his arm wreck redshirts too. Goon with gun? smashed. Ninja with sword? smashed. abnormally large goon named Gary with no weapons but a patented slam? double smashed.

People need to stop being cute or stop being a wet blanket lol.

"muh rogue galleries! someone think about poor ol' Cockroach Hamilton! if BP is OP, what will he do???"

Man, F Cockroach. BP rogues can step their game up or get smashed too.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This stuff is nonsense lol. The King of the most technologically advanced country should not have these troubles lol. Pictures like these are the reasons I refuse to by any Don Mcregor stories with my hard earned money lol.

Priest panther would bought the whole store and shut it down for them laying a hand on him. Then he would have personally killed all of these KKK redskins lol. The policemen in this story would have lost their badges for touching a diplomat lol.
    Exactly. Stuff like the above is embarrassingly bad. Cringe-worthy

And yes, this story element would have gone completely different with Priest's Panther. The way it is here is just too low level A - B logic. "Ohhh the racist red shirts caused a commotion, oh let me go track them, ohh they overwhelm me!"

Part of why I like the MCU vibranium suit is that it all but forces writers to move away from this lazy A - B logic storytelling... because BP would not be pistol whipped by a cop or have a grandma gash his forehead with a canned good nor be overwhelmed by pillowcase wearers.

And Priest is appreciated because he fathered this MCU stuff 21 years ago, but with the added cerebral'ness as well, which would also force writers to move away from the lazy shit. Granted, a Coates is still gonna Coates, but we've seen numerous other writers these past 7-8+ months make the shift when it comes to BP
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes it should be his standard gear and yes he should be grossly OP to redshirts. Shii we saw him trashing thanos forces in TRO in SWaD dude was shredding through the Skrulls with no tech, slicing up symbiods, those cosmic parasites in Avengers...

Bruh goon slam Gary and his friends should be getting bodied hard while Tchalla is chilling scratching himself and stifling a yawn. Redshirts to pose ANY sort of threat need to at MINIMUM, WS assassin level.

I don't get all this depowering of T'Challa so he has to try when mowing down redshirts.. You gonna step up to the King? You better be packing some major firepower
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yes. Priests basic Tech or T'chadwicks basic tech, whatever universe you wanna go in.

I don't know why people making this complicated lol. If you can stop a bullet, you wreck all human redshirts in existence. Hence why Cap with his shield or bucky with his arm wreck redshirts too. Goon with gun? smashed. Ninja with sword? smashed. abnormally large goon named Gary with no weapons? double smashed.

People need to stop being cute or stop being a wet blanket lol.

"muh rogue galleries! someone think about poor ol' Cockroach Hamilton! if BP is OP, what will he do???"

Man, F Cockroach. BP rogues can step their game up or get smashed too.

I was getting exasperated with how difficult this was becoming lol
    Black Panther vs Thor