Page 249 of 744 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yes. Priests basic Tech or T'chadwicks basic tech, whatever universe you wanna go in.

I don't know why people making this complicated lol. If you can stop a bullet and have any powers, you wreck all human redshirts in existence. Hence why Cap with his shield or mcu bucky with his arm wreck redshirts too. Goon with gun? smashed. Ninja with sword? smashed. abnormally large goon named Gary with no weapons but a patented slam? double smashed.

People need to stop being cute or stop being a wet blanket lol.

"muh rogue galleries! someone think about poor ol' Cockroach Hamilton! if BP is OP, what will he do???"

Man, F Cockroach. BP rogues can step their game up or get smashed too.
    Masses of red shirts should only be threats to guys like Nightwing, DD or Batman, and even then only after they've worn themselves out getting to the jerks. I see no problem in T'Challa being able to step over them.

Average red shirts aren't in his genre, or league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    But they would need to hit him hard and often enough for the force push to work on them effectively. If that's the case, he would just beat the snot out of them lol
    That's why Coogler is so smart about how they implemented the force push. First it's not an active ability, it's reactive, he isn't using it every chance he gets, he actually charges it up to it's limit then releases it for maximum effect.

The nonsensical talk about how it diminishes his martial arts because he can just stand and take hits is ridiculous. Bo matter what, in a fight the goal is to not get hit. And if he we're standing there taking punches to counter with (like Coates had him stupidly do several times in S1) then it takes time away from the end goal abd that's what T'Challa looks sbd focuses on.

Basically Coogler and Evans got it right and the Russo's and Coates got it wrong.

Coogler and Evans used it to supplement his fighting abilities while highlighting his martial arts and Russo's abd Coates had it overly used because they couldn't be bothered to be creative about it (though Russo's had a slight pass because they were do a large cluster frak of a 3rd act) and used it lazily

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Exactly. Stuff like the above is embarrassingly bad. Cringe-worthy

And yes, this story element would have gone completely different with Priest's Panther. The way it is here is just too low level A - B logic. "Ohhh the racist red shirts caused a commotion, oh let me go track them, ohh they overwhelm me!"

Part of why I like the MCU vibranium suit is that it all but forces writers to move away from this lazy A - B logic storytelling... because BP would not be pistol whipped by a cop or have a grandma gash his forehead with a canned good nor be overwhelmed by pillowcase wearers.

And Priest is appreciated because he fathered this MCU stuff 21 years ago, but with the added cerebral'ness as well, which would also force writers to move away from the lazy shit. Granted, a Coates is still gonna Coates, but we've seen numerous other writers these past 7-8+ months make the shift when it comes to BP
    Priest wrote the most OP Panther ever.

Gave this peak human dude with martial arts training and gave him a bulletproof kitty suit, claws, daggers, smartphone, two bodyguards, ect... AND AND AND made him 10 steps ahead tactical genius

and STILL... was able to create the best stories BP has ever been in over an ongoing.

So this "if BP is too OP the stories suck!" crap is just crap.

Coates be writing a T'challa that is a shell of his former self, all this lowering down to his rogues shit, and the story is boring and sucks.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Masses of red shirts should only be threats to guys like Nightwing, DD or Batman,
    Those dude can also catch a stray bullet

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yes. Priests basic Tech or T'chadwicks basic tech, whatever universe you wanna go in.

I don't know why people making this complicated lol. If you can stop a bullet and have any powers, you wreck all human redshirts in existence. Hence why Cap with his shield or mcu bucky with his arm wreck redshirts too. Goon with gun? smashed. Ninja with sword? smashed. abnormally large goon named Gary with no weapons but a patented slam? double smashed.

People need to stop being cute or stop being a wet blanket lol.

"muh rogue galleries! someone think about poor ol' Cockroach Hamilton! if BP is OP, what will he do???"

Man, F Cockroach. BP rogues can step their game up or get smashed too.
    Oh yeah, this here also needs to GTFO. Writer's need to stop being lazy and bringing T'Challa down because rogue's aren't upgraded. I don't give a flying frak about weak rogue's, you step up or step out. Coates is the prime example of weak nonsense we need to see Tchalla move away from. It ain't hard to bring up villains and update then to be threats and people need to stop acting Like this is T'Challas problem by being too "OP" and not a writers problem for having the creativity of a rock.

Redjack had ZERO issue's upgrading villains to pose a threat to Tchalla NONE. M'Baku, Kilmonger, Zanda the GOAT, tiger shark, Hunter etc. None of then had issues being amped up to Tchallas level and when that happened? Everyone shined. Zanda is the precious gem and voted as the next sub villain that should make the jump to MCU.

Enough with the "woe is goon slam Gary and Coach Roach Hamilton" narrative. Goons slam Garys lot in life is to get slammed and Coach Roach needs to update his resume before a young gun comes and steals his spot. Simple
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-30-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Gave this peak human dude with martial arts training and gave him a bulletproof kitty suit, claws, daggers, smartphone, two bodyguards, ect... AND AND AND made him 10 steps ahead tactical genius

and STILL... was able to create the best stories BP has ever been in over an ongoing.

Coates be writing a T'challa that is a shell of his former self, all this lowering down to his rogues shit, and the story is boring and sucks.
    This.

On top of that, Hudlin gave us the 10k undisputed champs of the world Wakanda, T'Challa rocking even more basic gear then Priest yet still just as OP, yet ragdolled wolvi punched out Tony, smacked down Cap, introduced his knee to Karnaks face, and told Natasha that he don't got time for her and that his Dora milaje were more then a match for her that he need not spend time and breath on her. All the while giving us the most high octane stories and a polymath genius T'Challa.. it's like, when your creative, shockingly, it doesn't matter how strong your hero is because it gets people excited about what they and then villains are going to do.

Not like Coates lanes that basically did.. well this (Tetu is the earth benders and T'Challa and the HZ are the fire benders)

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I was getting exasperated with how difficult this was becoming lol
    I guess the question is like asking "is Iron Man overpowered against Redskins?". Then the answer would be yes, but the truth is Iron Man was not made with the thought that he would be fighting Redskins lol.

When I think of overpowered I think of guys like Superman and the super family (i.e. supergirl, etc)

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

It like people just see BP as a crime fighter, and Priest established that he's not. If he was just a crime fighter, then yes he's overpowered. But if he deals with International/ National/ Earth shattering threats, then he's by no means overpowered.

Redskins do not qualify as International/ National/ Earth shattering threats lol

Yup!

My thought process (and why i kept asking the Priest question) is this:

BP is only "overpowered" (<-problematic term) relative to your expectations of who he should fight (not prep for, but fight)

If Bucky is your median level opponent you envision for BP, then your perspective may differ from someone who has Namor as their median, which may be different from those who have Black Dwarf as their median.

Dr. Doom is my median. I want all the smoke. Which is why the high end aspects of Aaron's run and Thorne's cartoon appeal very much to me.

However, all that really means is that "OP" is relative to and contingent on the storytelling. Priest BP is OP compared to red shirts, ppl can stop the pussy-footing there lol. But when the next line ppl say in retort is, "well Priest didn't make it about that... Priest didn't let it take away from who BP is..."

Uh yea, that's the point! lol. If writers got the same energy, then the tech will always be secondary used as cool aesthetics.

That hologram ish BP used in BPvsDP didn't for one second make me think it diminished BP, but he'd probably solo Coates entire season 1 arc in 4 issues if he had that same tech and energy.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

It like people just see BP as a crime fighter, and Priest established that he's not. If he was just a crime fighter, then yes he's overpowered. But if he deals with International/ National/ Earth shattering threats, then he's by no means overpowered.

Redskins do not qualify as International/ National/ Earth shattering threats lol
    Being overpowered is more a theoretical problem than a practical one. He'll be powerful enought get the job done, but usually only JUST powerful enough.

Writers never want things to be easy, so the hero will be challenged regardless of whether or not he should be. Ideally the villains should be upgraded to the point where it makes SENSE that they're a challenge to him... that's why when you upgrade the hero it's nice when the villain goes along for the ride.

But villains just don't get the love they should in comics. They should be established enough threats to actually BEAT the hero in a manner that actually makes sense, even if they obviously have to lose in the end. But as of now I honestly don't think ANY of T'Challas rogues are a credible threat to him on paper. Maybe Klaw if T'Challa isn't specifically prepped to deal with him, but that's about it. They will be written as credible threats regardless when they are used, because again that's how comics work. It would be nice if they actually were real threats to him.

Course, at this point it's probably easier to just make new villains. I'm not sure there are believable ways they can make guys like Killmonger or Man Ape credibly a match for T'Challa unless they vastly upgrade their physical stats, essentially making them completely different characters.

I guess the question is like asking "is Iron Man overpowered against Redskins?". Then the answer would be yes, but the truth is Iron Man was not made with the thought that he would be fighting Redskins lol.

When I think of overpowered I think of guys like Superman and the super family (i.e. supergirl, etc)
    That's pretty much why i wanted to focus on Priest's BP, because that was the shift. Prior to that, BP would struggle inexplicably (and at times embarrassingly) against red shirts... but once Priest made that shift, and dealt with the back lash of apparently giving BP waaaay to much tech and cerebral'ness), he shouldn't be having any more difficulty than Stark in dealing with goon slam gary. They may not deal with him the exact same way, but the level of difficulty would be similarly minimal.

But ironman fans are used to that, whereas BP fans, because of the inconsistencies of writers, are still feeling our way with this shift. Hell, even a journalist wrote an article after one of the tv spots for the bp movie that revealed the force push about how BP is now OP and the concern he had if BP can do a one-hitter-quitter against the jabari tribe like that lol.

I mean, If MCU BP gets the rest of Priest's stuff in movie 2 (energy daggers, anti-metal claws, jesus boots, etc)... in addition to his push force... there's not many if any opponents MCU ironman can beat that MCU BP couldn't. Not counting Hulkbusters
    Black Panther vs Thor

Actually, let me say that any ironman prior to Infinity War. They gave buddy some major upgrades and tanking abilities in that one.

I gotta think back about all the ppl MCU ironman has actually faced in the past films lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

Ultimate Member

Minor point.

We're talking about Red Shirts, not Red Skins. T'Challa isn't in the NFL.

Come on, people

My biggest issue with Coates run is that he trashes Wakanda AND makes T'Challa seem VERY IRRESPONSIBLE.
    Coates is a bum
    Black Panther vs Thor

Uh yea, that's the point! lol. If writers got the same energy, then the tech will always be secondary used as cool aesthetics.

It is like having good story tellers elevates the characters....

Stunning!