Page 251 of 744 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure he's versatile. Versalite enough to the point where he doesn't need to throw a punch because his gear can do the work for him. The point being you don't WANT the gear to overshadow the man. It CAN, but that doesn't mean you want it to. He shouldn't be an Iron Man, even if he can be. Just because a force push can do everything a punch and kick can do (and more), doesn't mean that's what he should be relying on to win fights. His skill as a fighter should never be overshadowed by what his gear can do.
    If he can embarrass and defeat someone by out thinking them, I'll take that over punching. Punching is the standard for the majority of hero comics.

For recent examples read Mark Millars' "Prodigy"

Looks like Afua stepped on some toes. Lol

coates shitty force push vs cool black dwarf panel
    Give me Black Dwarf thing easily... just have that final punch be force push enhanced so it actually makes sense someone who can take on Gladiator/Skull King/Annhilus/Ronan at the same time could even feel T'challa touch him lol

I am team "warrior martial arts ala SWAD/EMH T'challa" but I thought Coogler showed enough restraint with the force push (only 3 real instances where it was appropriate) that I think he can continue to use it and other tech effectively without losing the warrior king T'challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Looks like Afua stepped on some toes. Lol
    That dude doesn't get T'challa at all. That middle paragraph is forced.

Batman the king of Gotham... LMFAO
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Give me Black Dwarf thing easily... just have that final punch be force push enhanced so it actually makes sense someone who can take on Gladiator/Skull King/Annhilus/Ronan at the same time could even feel T'challa touch him lol

I am team "warrior martial arts ala SWAD/EMH T'challa" but I thought Coogler showed enough restraint with the force push (only 3 real instances where it was appropriate) that I think he can continue to use it and other tech effectively without losing the warrior king T'challa.

That dude doesn't get T'challa at all. That middle paragraph is forced.

Batman the king of Gotham... LMFAO
    Afua or McGregor? Afua is a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Is this...

...cooler than this?

I mean.. the villains are cooler in the second pick... lol

But what's cooler than both of those?

This:

Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

And this

Black Panther vs Thor

If he can embarrass and defeat someone by out thinking them, I'll take that over punching. Punching is the standard for the majority of hero comics.

Exactly. That what made Priest Panther so good. Yeah he could out punch folks. We saw that happen plenty of times. But things like defeating Tony's most advanced armor in the world at the time with Windex? Saving IF by using his earpiece to break the brainwash? Using the daggers to change the genetic code In The dragon? Shows the range and skill.

Funny how the playing of words is hear. Being versatile is somehow turned into his tech will overshadow him because he isn't throwing punches? That's like saying Superman could just laser people (he can) but no writer is going to be dumb enough to actually do that unless it was a clever point in the story

If BP had a AAA video game with a chargeable force push ability...

all that the little kids are gonna want to do is charge up the force push and blow everything up, or All Might Smash super punch everything... because of course that's all they're gonna want to do. Ungrateful ADHD bastards. That and spam energy daggers like Vegita does ki blasts. They'll enjoy the kung fu and stealth elements too, but in a big free roaming video game battle with outriders and dwarf, they bypassing aaaallll them weakass outriders and goin straight for the big nygga (Dwarf) with force push in mind, like they do when playin as Kratos in GoW.

Edit - They'd probably use the light saber too but obviously the developers would make that micro-transaction access only. Dick move of course
    Last edited by Rumble; 03-30-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Ultimate Member

I agree, but citing Millar never helps anyone's case

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I mean.. the villains are cooler in the second pick... lol

But what's cooler than both of those?

This:

you gotta finsih the gif!!

[img][/img]

That sequence is cool AF lol

Re BD in IW: My lord you can tell they through that **** in last minute lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    you gotta finsih the gif!!

[img][/img]

That sequence is cool AF lol

Re BD in IW: My lord you can tell they through that **** in last minute lol
    Well some of us don't have the wherewithall to find all the cool ass extended gifs in 2 seconds or have them saved for quick appropriate use at a drop of a hat! Hmph!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Black Panther cleaning up at the NAACP Image awards.

Panthers Quest didnt win. Lost to "Doc Mcstuffins". Anybody with children know what it is?

And yea, BP threw that spear far as fukk. Imagine if he threw that at a human, or humans lined up in a straight line..

whoa i just got dark there, i watched love death robots on netflix and now i feel consumed with watchin dismemberment and gratuitous violence :/

What should've been the start of an epic showdown between BP and Black Dwarf turned into a "whew! good job animators for shoe-horning that sequence during post-production! That should satiate the black movie goers!"
    Black Panther vs Thor

Fair point. If he can outsmart an opponent, that's perhaps the coolest means of beating someone. My issue was frankly the gear overshadowing the man, but strategy overshadowing his ability to punch stuff is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly. That what made Priest Panther so good. Yeah he could out punch folks. We saw that happen plenty of times. But things like defeating Tony's most advanced armor in the world at the time with Windex? Saving IF by using his earpiece to break the brainwash? Using the daggers to change the genetic code In The dragon? Shows the range and skill.

Funny how the playing of words is hear. Being versatile is somehow turned into his tech will overshadow him because he isn't throwing punches? That's like saying Superman could just laser people (he can) but no writer is going to be dumb enough to actually do that unless it was a clever point in the story
    The problem isn't versatility, so much as it's the tech replacing him actually fightning things. It's only a problem if it's a problem. If Superman replaced punching stuff with heat ray vision, I'd probably make the same arguement. Energy attacks is a part of his game, but it shouldn't overshadow his strength. In T'Challa's case the tech can enhance his stills, it just shouldn't replace the need for them.