Page 254 of 744 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To be fair to Hudlin, he did have every intention of setting the score right with BP and Doom had he been allowed to stay instead of Mayberrys Doom Fanboy fest. Though in the world tour arc I would of preferred it if BP and Doom ended their encounter in a draw and him not needing Storm to intervene.

Frankly when they fight, Doom should get worked H2h before he falls back to magic to even the odds. Once they are back in equal footing they start using tech snd that's where T'Challa starts to pull ahead Again and beat Doom.

Otherwise I agree. I don't care if he whips out tech so long as it makes sense and compliments his fighting
    Even Hickman who cramp tech on him to the max, still had him using it with his natural fighting ability. People can complain about it when it happens like Coates does it, or if they gave him a gun and he just stood back and shot people and acted like he forgot how to fight when they got in close.

Even Coates run will be forgotten and people will only remember the force push and not care about the rest
    Hudlin gave Doom too much respect to be frank. I don't think Hudlin is naive and he spoke of giving the ultimate payback, but I don't think he fully understood back then how politicized (and petty) writing these characters can be. Can't leave it up to the next writer to safely dock your shiip that you sailed into icy waters. That next writer might be a backstabbing bitch who tries to titantic that ho.

To be honest ezyo, i'm not even sure Coates (or Stelfreeze) deserves credit for the force push lol. Bc Coogler said he never read Coates run until after he finished the movie script and was already filming, and Chadwick was talkin about force-push as early as before Civil War debuted. If Stelfreeze came to Coates with the idea, then i wonder if it was just pure coincidence that Stelfreeze and Coogler/Chadwick/(and assuming writer)JCole thought of the same thing at the exact same time, or if they secretly have a group chat where they curate ideas.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Black Panther can Force Push in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
    What they did in Marvel vs Capcom 3 was such a lazy embarrassment. Ultimate Alliance may very well restore the feeling.

Too bad it's regulated to some nintendo handheld dew-hickey
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is an underrated point.

I'd imagine writers don't want to write a walking tech plot device either.

Hell, Liss probably came to closest to writing a "pull tech out of thin air" T'challa and it wasn't a detriment to the stories at all. It was a plus.

Do Spidey fans think spider-man is too teched out these days? I have no idea but that dude was gadget central for a long time...
    I'd actually play devil's advocate and take it a step further: I'd say that the times T'Challa has felt the most like T'Challa have been when writers have given him the "walking tech plot device" attribute.

Liss

Ewing (Ultimates)

Greg Pak (totally awesome hulk tie-in)

BPvsDP writer

Most of Hickman's run, if ppl are being honest. (if he hadn't pump faked Namor's death, we'd be referencing that BP/Black Bolt issue as one of the greatest acts of revenge and looked at other things differently).

Aaron's BP (2018)

The commonalty I see here is that if a writer is writing "walking/random tech plot device" BP, chances are their influence for that is Christopher Priest, and hence you see a lot of "Christopher Priest" in how they write their Black Panther.
    Last edited by Rumble; 03-31-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Hudlin gave Doom too much respect to be frank. I don't think Hudlin is naive and he spoke of giving the ultimate payback, but I don't think he fully understood back then how politicized (and petty) writing these characters can be. Can't leave it up to the next writer to safely dock your shiip that you sailed into icy waters. That next writer might be a backstabbing bitch who tries to titantic that ho.

To be honest ezyo, i'm not even sure Coates (or Stelfreeze) deserves credit for the force push lol. Bc Coogler said he never read Coates run until after he finished the movie script and was already filming, and Chadwick was talkin about force-push as early as before Civil War debuted. If Stelfreeze came to Coates with the idea, then i wonder if it was just pure coincidence that Stelfreeze and Coogler/Chadwick/(and assuming writer)JCole thought of the same thing at the exact same time, or if they secretly have a group chat where they curate ideas.
    Yeah there was too much safety for Doom. It was frustrating to say the least. Really think that he should of just straight up embarrassed Doom and said screw it to the Man babies. He kinda made up for it in his Black to the future II but I wanted to see it in canon.

I dont give credit of the force push to Coates because he said stelfreeze came up with the idea. I don't remember the timeline with Coogler and Chadwick talking about it. O was under the impression that Coogler had read Coates story as well.

Either way, it's a long time coming for Doom to catch some Vibranium hands... A very long time coming

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Here the question that needs to be asked what if the more reliant on tech version of character is better? What if the Superman who use his heat vision more is better?. The big point is they are things that get better when you move away from what it is supposed to "traditional" be. Now I am not suggestion a drastic change nor do I think Marvel is going to move Black Panther far out of box is currently in but I hate fear of progressing characters in shared universe. It is why you have Hawkeye and Black Widow running around in spandex and BP and Iron Man with nano tech armor. If you put universal consistent rules fine stick character in one space and leave them BUT you have the most technological advance nation and the smartest man in that nation and one of the smartest men in the world. Yet people running around with better tech than him and character occasion uses better tech only to mysteriously forget he has them just to keep him as Captain america level character .I would like to pass on that thinking give me the over power tech God Black Panther.

I can live with the Superman version Black Panther where most fights he wins it is pre gone conclusion that he will win and it is just a matter of how he decides to win is the interesting part. Quite honestly Black panther suit is better Kryptonite than Kryptonite because being damage easily lowers him back to "normal" BP where he would just have to use his intelligence and fighting skills to win. "The problem" you are talking about is as simple Hulk,Thor and Sentry level opponents now being his primary competition and also fighting against Dr Doom, Kang, Ultron, Annihilus level villains. If that is problem I am fine with Black Panther can also work as extreme power fantasy too.

Me personally I see Black Panther as the ultimate swiss army knife character he has near the best tech, He is near the best fighter and he also has sort of esoteric stuff like shadow physics, king of dead and spear of bashenga. So he is a triple threat and best prepared hero to fight any kind of threat. That is black panther niche to me ,Dr Strange in situation where he can't use Magic is near useless, Captain America is situation where he has to use pure intelligence is near useless, Tony Stark in a situation where he has to physical fight is near useless. Everyone those situations Black Panther excels that is why the character is OP. They shouldn't be afraid to upgrade anything for him because you can always take away his suit( or limit its functions) if you need to real focus on his other areas. It is creativity of writer you can write him with no suit,fighting skills and intelligence(See Prodigy great book), You can write with him no suit,fighting skills and esoteric stuff( See Peter canon also surprisingly a good book), You can write him with a tech suit and fighting skills( See Deathstroke), Every approach would be interesting I don't think there should be too much of a worry of BP to go to far in one direction. I think they realize his flexibility is his strength.
    I just don't find the fear practical or logical.

He's a filthy rich king who dresses like a cat and fights space aliens w/o help from his military... the second you modernize that in 2018 real world settings, the character itself is impractical and illogical. lol

What tech he uses is the least inhibiting attribute of his character when compared to his status as the world's wealthiest aristocrat being out there in the front lines to begin with. Him having a force field to protect himself from a She-Hulk gamma nuke explosion isn't gonna stop him from karate kicking ppl if his natural inclination was to leave his country to karate kick ppl in the middle of a potential gamma nuclear war zone.

Of all the times we've seen him with fancy tech, he's never not karate kicked ppl. He's the great boxer with a long reach and great jab who still wants to fight in the pocket like Tyson despite being able to win on points from a safe distance like Mayweather. That's inherently who he is, and tech wouldn't change that if his status as king doesn't change that off rip
    Black Panther vs Thor

Yeah there was too much safety for Doom. It was frustrating to say the least. Really think that he should of just straight up embarrassed Doom and said screw it to the Man babies. He kinda made up for it in his Black to the future II but I wanted to see it in canon.

I dont give credit of the force push to Coates because he said stelfreeze came up with the idea. I don't remember the timeline with Coogler and Chadwick talking about it. O was under the impression that Coogler had read Coates story as well.

Either way, it's a long time coming for Doom to catch some Vibranium hands... A very long time coming
    It was the last issue of season 1 they had a Q/A section with Coogler in the letters section, and they asked him how Coates book influenced his work on the movie, and Coogler flat out said he ain't know about season 1 lol until after he'd already written the movie. Chadwick was talkin about vibranium properties and all the potential things it could do like absorbing kinetic force, this was during the marketing of civil war irrc. He didn't flat out say force push but the stuff he was talking about was clearly force push properties that we later saw in the movie

so the timing of that in early 2016'ish was very interesting.
    Black Panther vs Thor

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03...black-panther/

'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' Star Doesn't Want Storm's Romance With Black Panther

The X-Men movies are facing an end of an era, as the long-running franchise will likely be rebooted after the premiere of Dark Phoenix later this summer. The mutants will be reshuffled into the Marvel Cinematic Universe shortly after that, making a lot of new team-ups and relationships possible for the future.

But while some fans might be wanting to see the Black Panther franchise as a way to introduce Storm, Dark Phoenix actress Alexandra Shipp recently explained that she doesn't think Ororo Munro needs a romance with T'Challa.

"No, I don’t think Storm needs T’Challa, and I think she needs her own movie! It doesn’t have to be me, it just needs to be made," Shipp said to LRM Online while appearing at WonderCon. "A woman does not need a man in order to give her validity and she has also been around longer than him."

When asked if she would like to reprise her role as Storm in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Shipp was surprisingly candid about the entire experience.

"I would and I wouldn’t (like it), because Storm barely has anything to say as it is," she explained. "I don’t know about you all (other actors) but like we never talk. So it would be really nice if we weren’t piled into yet another jam packed cast, in which you only see me in the back of the shot like f***ing sasquatch."

It might be a while before Marvel Studios attempts to tackle a character like Storm again, as producer Kevin Feige has a lot on his plate before that opportunity. He previously spoke with MTV News about the opportunity to use those characters

"The truth is, I’m excited for all of them. I’m excited, and it’s not just the marquee names you know — there are hundreds of names on those documents, on those agreements," said Feige. "And the fact that Marvel is as close as we may ever get now to having access to all of the characters, is something I’ve been dreaming about for my almost 20 years at Marvel. And it’s very exciting."

X-Men: Dark Phoenix premieres in theaters on June 7t
    Hey uh BoG, can i get a fact check on the red part?
    Black Panther vs Thor

I'd actually play devil's advocate and take it a step further: I'd say that the times T'Challa has felt the most like T'Challa have been when writers have given him the "walking tech plot device" attribute.

Liss

Ewing (Ultimates)

Greg Pak (totally awesome hulk tie-in)

BPvsDP writer

Most of Hickman's run, if ppl are being honest. (if he hadn't pump faked Namor's death, we'd be referencing that BP/Black Bolt issue as one of the greatest acts of revenge and looked at other things differently).

Aaron's BP (2018)

The commonalty I see here is that if a writer is writing "walking/random tech plot device" BP, chances are their influence for that is Christopher Priest, and hence you see a lot of "Christopher Priest" in how they write their Black Panther.
    Really there were a lot of things Hickman should of done that could of made his treatment of T'Challa alot better. 3 things that come to mind.

Showing BP vs BD and T'Challa forcing the retreat.

T'Challa actually destroying Namor instead of him escaping due to Tchalla being petty, and PIS (basically Tchalla should of coated the dagger with the sand tech, then when BB blasted home he would og been to weak to escape so when Thanos and co saw him fall thanos should of left him because he believed home to be lying and tried to escape bit was betrayed for being a snake.

Finally he should of actually done more damage to god Doom to the point where Doom recognized and was shocked by how much damage he took despite having a vast power advantage. Oh and T'Challa shouldn't of beat laying beaten at his feet but standing instead.

Those 3 changes could of been made, it wouldn't of changed anything in the story as a whole and it would of also made JAs mention of tro again between Tchalla and Namor mean that much more

When asked if she would like to reprise her role as Storm in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Shipp was surprisingly candid about the entire experience.

"I would and I wouldn’t (like it), because Storm barely has anything to say as it is," she explained. "I don’t know about you all (other actors) but like we never talk. So it would be really nice if we weren’t piled into yet another jam packed cast, in which you only see me in the back of the shot like f***ing sasquatch."

Black Panther vs Thor

Really there were a lot of things Hickman should of done that could of made his treatment of T'Challa alot better. 3 things that come to mind.

Showing BP vs BD and T'Challa forcing the retreat.

T'Challa actually destroying Namor instead of him escaping due to Tchalla being petty, and PIS (basically Tchalla should of coated the dagger with the sand tech, then when BB blasted home he would og been to weak to escape so when Thanos and co saw him fall thanos should of left him because he believed home to be lying and tried to escape bit was betrayed for being a snake.

Finally he should of actually done more damage to god Doom to the point where Doom recognized and was shocked by how much damage he took despite having a vast power advantage. Oh and T'Challa shouldn't of beat laying beaten at his feet but standing instead.

Those 3 changes could of been made, it wouldn't of changed anything in the story as a whole and it would of also made JAs mention of tro again between Tchalla and Namor mean that much more
    All facts. Esp that part with Namor being deserted by Thanos, that's is exactly how I would've played it just to allow Thanos and the BO to still escape.

That said, if Hickman doesn't F us over on the Namor thing in the BP/Black Bolt issue (esp since Namor wasn't really needed for the rest of the story) and everything else remained the same, i think at worst we break even emotionally with Hickman's run bc T'Challa would've got his defining moment and closed that dreadful chapter on the highest (bloodiest) of notes. KotD and Gauntlet stuff still would've been lukewarm but we wouldn't have still been expecting a big payoff for BP since Namor would've been dead, so idk if we still would've been *as* annoyed by it lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

It was the last issue of season 1 they had a Q/A section with Coogler in the letters section, and they asked him how Coates book influenced his work on the movie, and Coogler flat out said he ain't know about season 1 lol until after he'd already written the movie. Chadwick was talkin about vibranium properties and all the potential things it could do like absorbing kinetic force, this was during the marketing of civil war irrc. He didn't flat out say force push but the stuff he was talking about was clearly force push properties that we later saw in the movie

so the timing of that in early 2016'ish was very interesting.
    Ah okay, that makes sense. Interesting, that's funny because everyone was CONVINCED that Coates story was going to influence the movie. Coogler and T'Chadwick were just operating in 3016il.

I'll have to take a look at That

I believe there is another article that clarifies what she meant and she was talking about Storm being around longer movie wise... Which is Funny that she thinks that somehow means something positive. It actually just shows how forgettable Storm is for being around nearly 20 years and she still is a background character which no development or arc.

Whereas Tchalla debuted in 2016 and is already a household name and a character marvel tried to get that BP money on by promoing the Yibambe chant and having article's appear that I was BP 1.5 until T'Chadwick shut that isht down... But yeah OBVIOUSLY time in the cinematic scene is more important then actual impact you make on said cinema...

And for those wondering (and for those who posted in HEF), this was the same chick who i posted screen caps of her twitter timeline a year ago when she had that most interesting run-in with black twitter over her comments on wanting a bp/storm movie lol.

I wonder whether she lurks our forum and reads our passive-aggressive posts about "wallpaper"/background chick. If so, and if you're reading this Ms Shipp, just know that MindofShadow is the jerk always talking smack about your character. Don't hesitate to call him out on it!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Hickman stuff
    Hickman was the greatest BP cock tease in existence.

Ms Shipp
    Bast have mercy she didn't hold back lol. She must know it is all over for her and she don't care anymore.

That is the same type of energy Storm fans should have though. Never beg for scraps!

I wonder whether she lurks our forum and reads our passive-aggressive posts about "wallpaper"/background chick. If so, and if you're reading this Ms Shipp, just know that MindofShadow is the jerk always talking smack about your character. Don't hesitate to call him out on it!
    hey hey hey hey now... Ms Shipp and I are biracial skinfolk! Don't start no beef!!!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

All facts. Esp that part with Namor being deserted by Thanos, that's is exactly how I would've played it just to allow Thanos and the BO to still escape.

That said, if Hickman doesn't F us over on the Namor thing in the BP/Black Bolt issue (esp since Namor wasn't really needed for the rest of the story) and everything else remained the same, i think at worst we break even emotionally with Hickman's run bc T'Challa would've got his defining moment and closed that dreadful chapter on the highest (bloodiest) of notes. KotD and Gauntlet stuff still would've been lukewarm but we wouldn't have still been expecting a big payoff for BP since Namor would've been dead, so idk if we still would've been *as* annoyed by it lol
    Yeah I meant between those 3 of I had tk choose which one to take and have the others fall the same it would of been T'Challa getting revenge. It's really shame on marvel for being so dumb and letting a huge several year spanning, tense showdown that was a Major plot point throughout TRO... End do anticlimactic with Namor surviving, not contributing anything else to the story other then to crack jokes, and T'Challa and Namor to squash the beef off panel in a 3 week time skip. Like. What the actual F*** was that? That alone would of been such a huge feat for T'Challa and mafe it so idiot writer's wouldn't have him make promises to kill someone just to not follow through.

At this point the tension between Namor and Tchalla should be almost unfixable because of that and again with JA coming in with Namor accusing Tchalla of wiping out his people, Tchalla counter's with "Don't get into a fight with Wakanda if you don't intend on finishing it, you and your people were destroyed once by us, don't make that mistake again" or some super fly isht.. such wasted potential..

Storm:

First appearance Giant-Size X-Men #1 (May 1975)

Black Panther:

First appearance Fantastic Four #52 (July 1966)

Although apparently, she meant the movies, which is technically true.