Page 257 of 744 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can I get a cliffnote who these people are lol? (other than Don of course).

I made it to when they said something like, "and when they did Panthers Rage, t'challa was good but Man-Ape was problematic"

sigh
    Maybe they got confused with the Yeti on one of the covers. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    "Black Panther [T'Challa] gets taken out;and Shuri becomes Black Panther, which I really want to see for Black Panther 2."

Taken out by his second movie? Geez, BP was beaten to near death in his first movie then dusted in IW and then he should be "taken out" in his sequel?
    GTFO!

Ok cool, I'm really not listening to this shit anymore.
    ^^ The bolded is problematic

Mr. Yaw, thank you for listening and summarizing that bullshit ol girl said so that the rest of us wouldn't have to. Your sacrifice IS appreciated. Seek medical attention immediately to repair any damaged brain cells.

You know, stuff like that will get better when Marvel starts pumping out more black (in this case but all non white) films and media.

Every single fan of a minority hero sees Black Panther as its saving grace from side-kick land.

BP is like the one kid that makes it out off the hood/trailer park, starts making decent money, then all of a sudden auntie needs money for her electric bill, first cousin has some credit card debt, mom's cat needs to go to the vet... little by little dragging poor dude back into the abyss as he tries to save everyone.

Need a voodoo movie, blade movie, monica movie, ect so we can spread out this shit. Build some generational wealth. Hopefully BP doesn't get drowned by fake friends before it happens though.
    ^^This is also problematic.

I'll be a broken record and REMIND everyone that we have been foreshadowing this shit as far back as 2015, before Civil War dropped!

The whole "they should give ___ (name all the black female characters in the world) x,y,and z things to do in BP's film + why not make BP (insert gay, lgbt, trans orientation here) to switch things up!

I get it, but could they at least act like they give a shit about T'Challa? lol

At least pretend
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would say the Black Panther effect has gone beyond Marvel.

How many black lead projects (along) have we seen get movie deals let a comic book series?

Bitter Root
    The lead from The Hate You Give got her comic picked up for a film.
    Kwanza's Black
    Prodigy at Image
    Aliens at Dark Horse has had 5 books with a black lead.

Every except that Distinguished Company suddenly wants black folks money.
    Is John Stewart the Len Bias to T'Challa's Mike Jordan?

coulda woulda shoulda been da best?

Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    ^^ The bolded is problematic

Mr. Yaw, thank you for listening and summarizing that bullshit ol girl said so that the rest of us wouldn't have to. Your sacrifice IS appreciated. Seek medical attention immediately to repair any damaged brain cells.

^^This is also problematic.

I'll be a broken record and REMIND everyone that we have been foreshadowing this shit as far back as 2015, before Civil War dropped!

The whole "they should give ___ (name all the black female characters in the world) x,y,and z things to do in BP's film + why not make BP (insert gay, lgbt, trans orientation here) to switch things up!

I get it, but could they at least act like they give a shit about T'Challa? lol

At least pretend
    It' hella problematic. They should be using this energy to push for Monica solo, Storm to lead the X-men, MAC to show up, should be pushing that BP/Nakia non dysfunctional adult marriage, among other things.

Pisses me right off. Like, Meek Mill “Watching a black woman take my freedom almost made me hate my people,” but put that in comic terms lol

BP fans gotta stay selfish. Can't save them all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You know, stuff like that will get better when Marvel starts pumping out more black (in this case but all non white) films and media.

Every single fan of a minority hero sees Black Panther as its saving grace from side-kick land.

BP is like the one kid that makes it out off the hood/trailer park, starts making decent money, then all of a sudden auntie needs money for her electric bill, first cousin has some credit card debt, mom's cat needs to go to the vet... little by little dragging poor dude back into the abyss as he tries to save everyone.

Need a voodoo movie, blade movie, monica movie, ect so we can spread out this shit. Build some generational wealth. Hopefully BP doesn't get drowned by fake friends before it happens though.
    Monica should be a lock for Captain Marvel 2, with Carol encountering her all grown up and (inevitably or eventually) with powers of her own. Spectrum on the big screen would be a big deal, but that doesn't have to happen in Black Panther 2. I agree with most of you that the Black Panther movies should be reserved for characters that either come from the Black Panther mythos or can fit into it without taking too much spotlight off T'Challa. Oh, and as much as I'd like to see Shuri in a Panther Habit (the concept art I saw for that was pretty cool), that can wait. Hell, if anything, those fans/critics who are leaning on Marvel so hard to include more black women in the movies should be leaning harder, and Marvel should be working harder to find some way to include the great black female characters we do have in the comics. I mean, if Phase 4 is gonna shake everything up . . . really shake it up, then.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Monica should be a lock for Captain Marvel 2, with Carol encountering her all grown up and (inevitably or eventually) with powers of her own.
    Man, F that, give her the T'challa treatment.

Have her in Avengers 5 as a friend of Carol's, gets powers by accident due to villain shennagans, shows up in... Spectrum solo.

Think bigger!!! Don't need no sidekick in Captain Marvel 2! Spectrum solo!!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would say the Black Panther effect has gone beyond Marvel.

How many black lead projects (along) have we seen get movie deals let a comic book series?

Bitter Root
    The lead from The Hate You Give got her comic picked up for a film.
    Kwanza's Black
    Prodigy at Image
    Aliens at Dark Horse has had 5 books with a black lead.

Every except that Distinguished Company suddenly wants black folks money.
    That is what is so F'd up

THe higher T'challa pushes things, the more doors open for everyone else. He is literally dragging these companies to produce more POC content. It took a monumental movie to even get freaking toys for bast sake. And still dude couldn't get in IW or EG doing anything useful.

The long term, smart solution is to do whatever possible to continue to make sure T'challa climbs to the top of the mountain. Push him up there with Batman and Spider-Man. Stop settling! Let him keep smashing glass ceilings and all that.

The short term, stupid solution is to use T'challa as a way to spring board other characters while pushing him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    "Black Panther [T'Challa] gets taken out;and Shuri becomes Black Panther, which I really want to see for Black Panther 2."

Taken out by his second movie? Geez, BP was beaten to near death in his first movie then dusted in IW and then he should be "taken out" in his sequel? GTFO!

Ok cool, I'm really not listening to this shit anymore.
    Im wondering if they love Shuri so much, why not ask for spin-off movie based on who she is now. Why does she need the BP mantle to headline a movie? Something wrong with the way she is?

I appreciate Don acknowledging Priests' work for using Dons' work to craft his run, but from what you guys have said Panthers Quest should be wiped from continuity. Lol.

A lot of the KKK stuff I see on FB makes me thing people just look at the covers and dont read them. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Im wondering if they love Shuri so much, why not ask for spin-off movie based on who she is now. Why does she need the BP mantle to headline a movie? Something wrong with the way she is?
    I'd wager they don't really give a damn about Shuri. They just don't like the idea of a fictional black male hero like T'challa and passing the mantel (either willingly or by death) to Shuri is the easiest way to get rid of him without much pushback. In fact I'd dare say they think its foolproof.

yes! Cville gets it!

where is that push for Shuri lead movie? Or Disney+ show? Okoye show!?

I appreciate Don acknowledging Priests' work for using Dons' work to craft his run, but from what you guys have said Panthers Quest should be wiped from continuity. Lol.

A lot of the KKK stuff I see on FB makes me thing people just look at the covers and dont read them. Lol.

Panther's Rage is a classic if you can read old comics. I struggle with it but I like the bare bones of it except the very very very end with the kid.

I do not like Panther vs the KKK. But also, Don wasn't even allowed to finish it I do believe (matt will probably chime in here).

Panther Quest is.... like a crappy version of Rage lol. Panthers Prey was a dumpster fire.

But, I think what Don should get credit for more than anything was taking an unused character and FIGHTING to use him how he wanted to use him and building a world around him. Also showing A lot of the stuff he did was unprecedented at Marvel. Panther's Rage was a complete world he made with black people only, with black relationship between tchalla and monica at its core.

Dude also had Taku and Venomm making googly eyes at each other waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before our woke current writer.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-01-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Man, F that, give her the T'challa treatment.

Have her in Avengers 5 as a friend of Carol's, gets powers by accident due to villain shennagans, shows up in... Spectrum solo.

Think bigger!!! Don't need no sidekick in Captain Marvel 2! Spectrum solo!!
    That actually works better. And I wasn't planning on having her as Carol's sidekick or War Machine equivalent. More like, use Captain Marvel 2 to introduce grown-up Monica (who already appeared as an 11-year-old girl in the first Captain Marvel), with or without her own powers, and lay the groundwork for the Spectrum solo. That said, thanks very much for the enlightenment. (I am not being sarcastic, by the way.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It' hella problematic. They should be using this energy to push for Monica solo, Storm to lead the X-men, MAC to show up, should be pushing that BP/Nakia non dysfunctional adult marriage, among other things.

Pisses me right off. Like, Meek Mill “Watching a black woman take my freedom almost made me hate my people,” but put that in comic terms lol

BP fans gotta stay selfish. Can't save them all.
    It's almost funny... Almost, these are the folks who are parading up and down about how there needs to be more Black leads in media, they don't want to see slaves or dysfunction, men vs women etc. T'Challa breaks all the glass ceilings and is STILL talked about and cleaning house at awards. And instead of this people using that success as a push for more of these projects and such, they instead try to cannibalize that success for themselves. Ironically trying to insert the very things they claim they are tired of seeing in media when it comes to portrayals of Black folks on order to take that success for themselves.

Shuri should NOT become BP in the MCU. She was specifically concepted to not be T'Challa with boobs so to try and make her BP (especially since the hsh is gone which was smart on Coogler) would be a bad move considering her character right now is inspiring little girls for being herself