Page 258 of 744 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'd wager they don't really give a damn about Shuri. They just don't like the idea of a fictional black male hero like T'challa and passing the mantel (either willingly or by death) to Shuri is the easiest way to get rid of him without much pushback. In fact I'd dare say they think its foolproof.
    Its the backwards mindset that both Black men abd women can't equally be propped up. In Their minds it's one or the other. Shuri could star on a series with Okoye and Nakia doing missions for Wakanda as war dogs/Dora milaje/ Q/ war dog in training who just in missions at the first chance.

This whole passing the mantle push is basically saying " we don't actually have faith on Shuri on her own and therefore she must take tjr mantle om order to have the appeal"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You know, stuff like that will get better when Marvel starts pumping out more black (in this case but all non white) films and media.

Every single fan of a minority hero sees Black Panther as its saving grace from side-kick land.

BP is like the one kid that makes it out off the hood/trailer park, starts making decent money, then all of a sudden auntie needs money for her electric bill, first cousin has some credit card debt, mom's cat needs to go to the vet... little by little dragging poor dude back into the abyss as he tries to save everyone.

Need a voodoo movie, blade movie, monica movie, ect so we can spread out this ****. Build some generational wealth. Hopefully BP doesn't get drowned by fake friends before it happens though.
    This is a good point but we've been saying this for awhile. It even goes back to Storm with the whole "let Storm shine more than BP in his own book." BP made it and now everyone wants a piece. In BP2, lets just put Cap in the BP suit like The Ultimates(loeb) did then have him hook up with Storm and go on a double date with Aneka and Ayo; and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Its the backwards mindset that both Black men abd women can't equally be propped up. In Their minds it's one or the other. Shuri could star on a series with Okoye and Nakia doing missions for Wakanda as war dogs/Dora milaje/ Q/ war dog in training who just in missions at the first chance.

This whole passing the mantle push is basically saying " we don't actually have faith on Shuri on her own and therefore she must take tjr mantle om order to have the appeal"
    ...no, I think it was what I said the first time. In their minds it the lesser of two evils. They'd rather not have either, but if they have to have one they'd rather have a black woman over a black man. Otherwise it wouldn't continue to be talked about in the context of a black woman replacing a black man, they'd go with an idea of Shuri being her own character playing to her own strengths. If that wasn't the case, if T'Challa does pass the mantle we're now down one black man being a hero (if left alive but a mentor that doesn't count), will another black man be found/created to fill the void? If the answer is no, its an IMO obvious okie doke.

Amazing Member

Zanda should 100 be a villain for bp2, but also since marvel has all of its properties back there are a lot of possibilities on using a lot of other villains.

With strange introduced magic mephisto is a possibility, link him to the soul stone.
    Last edited by CCSlim; 04-01-2019 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Because

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I was actually thinking about how much bigger the BP2 cast will be. However, its almost as if its too much as it is. Unless they allow for a 2hr 30 to 3 hr movie its hard to get the most out of the current cast.

Say what you will about TDK and TDKR. Nolan knew if he was going to accommodate for such a big cast it would still need enough of a run time to get the hero enough time.

Winston Duke is about to become a star. He was used perfectly in BP....but probably more screen time needed for the sequel right? Lupita is about to become A list...probably needs better usage right? Some people thought Danai was the best character in BP, would we really diminish her screen time? Shuri, nuff said. Kaluuya got short changed and he's an oscar nominated actor. Some felt there wasn't enough Killmonger. Obviously T'Challa/Boseman actually had one of the lowest "lead run time" in a Marvel movie. Shows how gracious Boseman was to let others shine and you could say T'Challa the character did as well. However, he needs more out front scenes as well.

Its going to be interesting how they handle the sequel. I hope Feige goes for the longer run time, but you never know. Gotta make sure enough shots go around.

Also I wish Marvel would one day release the 4 hour cut or a longer version. You could tell there's more great stuff we missed out on.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Panther's Rage is a classic if you can read old comics. I struggle with it but I like the bare bones of it except the very very very end with the kid.

I do not like Panther vs the KKK. But also, Don wasn't even allowed to finish it I do believe (matt will probably chime in here).

Panther Quest is.... like a crappy version of Rage lol. Panthers Prey was a dumpster fire.

But, I think what Don should get credit for more than anything was taking an unused character and FIGHTING to use him how he wanted to use him and building a world around him. Also showing A lot of the stuff he did was unprecedented at Marvel. Panther's Rage was a complete world he made with black people only, with black relationship between tchalla and monica at its core.

Dude also had Taku and Venomm making googly eyes at each other waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before our woke current writer.
    I can't stand Panther's Rage lol. Mostly due to the art. I cannot get passed all of the loin cloths they wore and all of the huts Modern African countries at the time that book was written didn't even look like that. He was also run ragged a lot. For this reason it's hard for me to even read.

Panther's Quest is not for me.

Surprisingly, I can stand the art in Panther's Prey because Wakanda looks much better, but T'Challa is too bloodied in the book for me to take it serious ( Priest really helped out T'Challa with the gear upgrades lol ), plus Crack in Wakanda dosen't sit well with me .

Don really just like to see T'Challa just bleeding a lot, even when he was trying to beat simple people lol. Jeezz lol

But, MoS, the Bold part of your quote is what I can give Don Credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'd wager they don't really give a damn about Shuri. They just don't like the idea of a fictional black male hero like T'challa and passing the mantel (either willingly or by death) to Shuri is the easiest way to get rid of him without much pushback. In fact I'd dare say they think its foolproof.
    I agree. T'Challa is an alpha with no diminishing qualities like being dumb, cowardly (Finn), ugly (Cyborg), old (Fury), completely dependent on a white character (Rhodey) or self-deprecating to boost a white character (Falcon). He's not asexual either.

If he was white, he'd be Steve Rogers, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Tony Stark, Hal Jordan, Scott Summers, Peter Parker, etc. But because his skin is black and he has a mini fro, and is a bigger box office hit than any of the aforementioned... the ramifications of what that means for future story-telling can be a tough pill for some to swallow.

Everyone knows Shuri is the safer, less intimidating choice. And for those black women who partake in the blame the black male thing, they simply champion the idea of a black woman taking BP's spot and having all the spoils. Doesn't matter if it's Shuri or that create-a-character whatsherface wrote in that venomized tie-in
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I was actually thinking about how much bigger the BP2 cast will be. However, its almost as if its too much as it is. Unless they allow for a 2hr 30 to 3 hr movie its hard to get the most out of the current cast.

Say what you will about TDK and TDKR. Nolan knew if he was going to accommodate for such a big cast it would still need enough of a run time to get the hero enough time.

Winston Duke is about to become a star. He was used perfectly in BP....but probably more screen time needed for the sequel right? Lupita is about to become A list...probably needs better usage right? Some people thought Danai was the best character in BP, would we really diminish her screen time? Shuri, nuff said. Kaluuya got short changed and he's an oscar nominated actor. Some felt there wasn't enough Killmonger. Obviously T'Challa/Boseman actually had one of the lowest "lead run time" in a Marvel movie. Shows how gracious Boseman was to let others shine and you could say T'Challa the character did as well. However, he needs more out front scenes as well.

Its going to be interesting how they handle the sequel. I hope Feige goes for the longer run time, but you never know. Gotta make sure enough shots go around.

Also I wish Marvel would one day release the 4 hour cut or a longer version. You could tell there's more great stuff we missed out on.
    I think the thing to remember is the vast majority of the time that Shuri was on the screen, she was with T'Challa. The majority of the time M'Baku was on the screen, he was with T'CHalla. the vast majority of the time Nakia was on the screen, again she was with T'Challa. The only exception is that period of the film after T'Challa went over the waterfall. Apart from that, we basically only see these characters interacting with him. So I don't think we have too much to worry about. Odds are when any of them are on the screen, T'Challa will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post
    Zanda should 100 be a villain for bp2, but also since marvel has all of its properties back there are a lot of possibilities on using a lot of other villains.

With strange introduced magic mephisto is a possibility, link him to the soul stone.
    I think it may be a much more sophisticated fast n furious type franchise now.

Chad, Lupita, Danai, Winston, Leticia, Daniel

Chad is "Dom", who is the one that more or less brings them all together and is the centerpiece

You take those 6, and then you need at least 2 new villains (possibly one male and one female). With 8 total ppl (core 6 and new villains), I think you're pretty good to go. However, if they want to add more of the good guys to the mytho (Kasper, N'Kano "HXH Gon" the GOAT, QDJ, etc), then you're probably lookin at cameos if not just easter egg appearances/name drops.

So many places they can go and characters they can use, it's hard to say
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    "Black Panther [T'Challa] gets taken out;and Shuri becomes Black Panther, which I really want to see for Black Panther 2."

Taken out by his second movie? Geez, BP was beaten to near death in his first movie then dusted in IW and then he should be "taken out" in his sequel? GTFO!

Ok cool, I'm really not listening to this **** anymore.
    Yeah that’s really annoying you don’t hear that, let’s make the supporting character the lead, with anybody except a black male character. Everyone wants Shuri to be the face of the franchise despite the mythos revolving around T’Challa. Another thing could be said about Storm, people want her to be elevated over Black Panther in terms of a greatest and most revolutionary black superhero, despite his history being the first.
    If you take a look at the Black Lightning show his daughters are really who the show is about. They get all the character development and Black Lightning is there as a secondary character in his own show. They should call it Thunder & Lightning at this point. The niece of Steel, Natasha Irons, has taken over his spot and John Henry Irons hasn’t done anything that would warrant his mantle being changed. When the Iron Fist Show was first canceled everyone wanted him to have a lead in Luke Cage or have Luke Cage canceled entirely for Heroes For Hire to accommodate Iron Fist despite LC being better received audience and ratings wise. Not to mention Blade Trinity, which is really where this trope started from.
    Nobody ever talked about making Black Widow or Falcon the leads of the Captain America series of War Machine the lead of the Iron Man series but when it comes to BP everyone wants Shuri or the Dora Milaje to take the lead. The black male can’t be a lead in anything without people wanting him to take the back burner in a story that’s suppose to be about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Yeah that’s really annoying you don’t hear that, let’s make the supporting character the lead, with anybody except a black male character. Everyone wants Shuri to be the face of the franchise despite the mythos revolving around T’Challa. Another thing could be said about Storm, people want her to be elevated over Black Panther in terms of a greatest and most revolutionary black superhero, despite his history being the first.
    If you take a look at the Black Lightning show his daughters are really who the show is about. They get all the character development and Black Lightning is there as a secondary character in his own show. They should call it Thunder & Lightning at this point. The niece of Steel, Natasha Irons, has taken over his spot and John Henry Irons hasn’t done anything that would warrant his mantle being changed. When the Iron Fist Show was first canceled everyone wanted him to have a lead in Luke Cage or have Luke Cage canceled entirely for Heroes For Hire to accommodate Iron Fist despite LC being better received audience and ratings wise. Not to mention Blade Trinity, which is really where this trope started from.
    Nobody ever talked about making Black Widow or Falcon the leads of the Captain America series of War Machine the lead of the Iron Man series but when it comes to BP everyone wants Shuri or the Dora Milaje to take the lead. The black male can’t be a lead in anything without people wanting him to take the back burner in a story that’s suppose to be about them.
    Actually, with the possibility of both Captain America and Iron Man leaving the MCU after End Game I bet there is some talk of Sam and War Machine possibly taking over the leads of their series. Maybe Valyrie on the Thor series, if he's walking away. If the originals end up walking off into the sunset the idea of legacy characters potentially can come into play.

That said, its only done when the originals story has run its course. And I imagine the same would be true of Black Panther. If they give him 3 movies and however many Avengers movies they decide to move on afterwards, then you can credibly at least consider having Shuri act as a legacy character. But certainly doing in the second movie would be entirely premature. I certainly have to have a lot of T'Challa stories to tell before they consider moving on from him.

Just started the video. Ken Lashley was supposed to be there? He would have set them all straight. Lol.

The guy next to Afua is the person who wrote BP vs DP.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Don't Worry.

In 2 to 3 years time, you will hear test audiences calling BP2 the greatest superhero movie ever made
    I know most here don't care about others opinions (rightly so)

How awesome if in 2 or 3 years even the former haters are in agreement that BP2 is the GOAT. Just watching them conform would be fantastic.

Reality is they'll nitpick it to death, but would nice for universal agreement on greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I agree. T'Challa is an alpha with no diminishing qualities like being dumb, cowardly (Finn), ugly (Cyborg), old (Fury), completely dependent on a white character (Rhodey) or self-deprecating to boost a white character (Falcon). He's not asexual either.

If he was white, he'd be Steve Rogers, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Tony Stark, Hal Jordan, Scott Summers, Peter Parker, etc. But because his skin is black and he has a mini fro, and is a bigger box office hit than any of the aforementioned... the ramifications of what that means for future story-telling can be a tough pill for some to swallow.

Everyone knows Shuri is the safer, less intimidating choice. And for those black women who partake in the blame the black male thing, they simply champion the idea of a black woman taking BP's spot and having all the spoils. Doesn't matter if it's Shuri or that create-a-character whatsherface wrote in that venomized tie-in
    Agreed with every word. I thought I was the only one who saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I don't think they should be that great of an effort to force them in, Quite frankly if Loki is a show ,Scarlet Witch & Vision is a show , Winter Soldier and Falcon is a show. Then World of Wakanda with Okoye, Shuri, M'Baku and Nakia among others is a show. I am not afraid of them overwhelming Black Panther it just that this most natural move imo. It just the best of both worlds gives BP chance to focus more on BP if story is more solo BP centric story like Enemy of the State and fans won't revolt when they get less of certain characters because they will be focus on streaming show.