Page 259 of 744 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 11160

I don't think they'll put any BP characters in a Disney+ show until they are absolutely CERTAIN they've squeezed all the movie potential out of them.

Movie $ > TV $, after all.

keep this away from BP

the way Marvel treats Storm bled over into the movies years ago. People forget Halle had to fight to change her hair and give the character more lines in the films, and it still turned into Hugh Jackman and friends.

It's mutual keep her and the X-men in their own universe.

Long live Quen Nakia. Can't deny how hot Lupita is right now. The woman hasn't made a bad movie (I'm not caping up for 12 years or Last Jedi but you get what I'm saying). Got to use that swag right. Don't let her end up like Jennifer Lawrence.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...no, I think it was what I said the first time. In their minds it the lesser of two evils. They'd rather not have either, but if they have to have one they'd rather have a black woman over a black man. Otherwise it wouldn't continue to be talked about in the context of a black woman replacing a black man, they'd go with an idea of Shuri being her own character playing to her own strengths. If that wasn't the case, if T'Challa does pass the mantle we're now down one black man being a hero (if left alive but a mentor that doesn't count), will another black man be found/created to fill the void? If the answer is no, its an IMO obvious okie doke.
    ... Except what I was saying was literally talked about from pre BP release, to post BP release... From other Black folks. They were clamoring up and down about wanting to see unity and not see black people as just slaves, gang bangers or needing a white savior, BP gives them exactly what they asked for, then right after start clamoring for "hey you know what would be cool? If Shuri challenged Tchalla for the role of BP abd won" or "I hope they adapt Coates run and we see the Dora's rebel against T'Challa" or my favorite "I hope there is a credit scene where we see Tchalla talking and at the end we hear thunder in the background, so that Storm can show up and get together with Tchalla. Then Nakia can turn into malice!

Again, this isn't people wanting neither, it's the mindset of Black men and women can't be elevated together in their minds, if ones gets propped up, it's on the back of the other. Not some they want neither narrative

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I was actually thinking about how much bigger the BP2 cast will be. However, its almost as if its too much as it is. Unless they allow for a 2hr 30 to 3 hr movie its hard to get the most out of the current cast.
    Your obsession with bringing up Nolan in every post is borderline weird at this point.

Right now, the BP2 cast is smaller than BP1. Zuri is dead, we don't need Ross anymore, Kani and Brown aren't needed anymore. W'kabi is in jail. A lot of screentime in BP1 was spent on Zuri/T'chaka/N'jobobobobobobobo and those dudes aren't needed anymore. Take out Ross as well and suddenly you opened up a lot more time.

The supporting characters don't need bigger roles. That is a mistake. They just need there supporting roles to be well defined, possibly with a mini arc, supporting the story (T'challa vs villain).
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I think it may be a much more sophisticated fast n furious type franchise now.

Chad, Lupita, Danai, Winston, Leticia, Daniel

Chad is "Dom", who is the one that more or less brings them all together and is the centerpiece

You take those 6, and then you need at least 2 new villains (possibly one male and one female). With 8 total ppl (core 6 and new villains), I think you're pretty good to go. However, if they want to add more of the good guys to the mytho (Kasper, N'Kano "HXH Gon" the GOAT, QDJ, etc), then you're probably lookin at cameos if not just easter egg appearances/name drops.

So many places they can go and characters they can use, it's hard to say
    I'd cameo those others in. I think that your onto something about the Fast n furious like ensemble. That would be the best way to get each character that shine with T'Challa at the center. I think W'kabi will die, it just seems like it will head that way if he gets out of prison, If it happens then it should be In The third movie tonight up his arc (so give him some shine on BP 2) but Right now, the cast is so solid with such great actors that they don't need more then the core 6 plus 2 villains

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I don't think they'll put any BP characters in a Disney+ show until they are absolutely CERTAIN they've squeezed all the movie potential out of them.

Movie $ > TV $, after all.
    Agreed.

And I subscribe to the Denzel Washington/Leonardo DiCaprio practice of exclusivity is still the best policy when it comes to celebrity. After End Game, I don't really want to see any of the BP characters again in a live action capacity until BP 2. Now if it's cartoons, video games, and comics... yes, spam all of that lol

But go radio silent with the main dish (movies) for the 2 years so that you maximize the hunger once it's time to feed the masses again
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Whew boy that last endgame trailer.

Agreed.

And I subscribe to the Denzel Washington/Leonardo DiCaprio practice of exclusivity is still the best policy when it comes to celebrity. After End Game, I don't really want to see any of the BP characters again in a live action capacity until BP 2. Now if it's cartoons, video games, and comics... yes, spam all of that lol

But go radio silent with the main dish (movies) for the 2 years so that you maximize the hunger once it's time to feed the masses again
    Money wise it makes sense

Selfish fan wise... I WANT DAILY CONTENT lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Shuri is BP's sister
    Okoye is BP's bodyguard
    Nakia is BP's fiance-to-be
    W'Kabi is BP's best friend and Okoye's husband
    M'Baku is BP's strongest Wakandan ally and brother-in-arms

Everyone's relevance revolves around BP (as it should) with the exception of W'Kabi and Okoye's plot line, which is fine.

I could probably do something similar with Dom if i still remembered half the characters backstory in fast n furious.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Whew boy that last endgame trailer.

Money wise it makes sense

Selfish fan wise... I WANT DAILY CONTENT lol
    There was another trailer?
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    keep this away from BP

the way Marvel treats Storm bled over into the movies years ago. People forget Halle had to fight to change her hair and give the character more lines in the films, and it still turned into Hugh Jackman and friends.

It's mutual keep her and the X-men in their own universe.

Long live Quen Nakia. Can't deny how hot Lupita is right now. The woman hasn't made a bad movie (I'm not caping up for 12 years or Last Jedi but you get what I'm saying). Got to use that swag right. Don't let her end up like Jennifer Lawrence.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Recently Unemployed Former Storm Actress
    “No! No, I don’t think Storm needs T’Challa, and I think she needs her own movie,” Shipp said when asked about whether there should be a cinematic romance between the two superheroes. “It doesn’t have to be me, it just needs to be made. A woman does not need a man in order to give her validity and she has also been around longer than him.”
    Hmm... let's just check these facts real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by WIKIPEDIA Black Panther
    Following his debut in Fantastic Four #52–53 (July–Aug. 1966) and subsequent guest appearance in Fantastic Four Annual #5 (1967) and with Captain America in Tales of Suspense #97–100 (Jan.– April 1968), the Black Panther journeyed from the fictional African nation of Wakanda to New York City to join the titular American superhero team in The Avengers #52 (May 1968), appearing in that comic for the next few years. During his time with the Avengers, he made solo guest-appearances in three issues of Daredevil, and fought Doctor Doom in Astonishing Tales #6–7 (June & Aug. 1971), in that supervillain's short-lived starring feature. He received his first starring feature with Jungle Action #5 (July 1973), a reprint of the Panther-centric story in The Avengers #62 (March 1969). A new series began running the following issue, written by Don McGregor, with art by pencilers Rich Buckler, Gil Kane, and Billy Graham, and which gave inkers Klaus Janson and Bob McLeod some of their first professional exposure. The critically acclaimed[10] series ran in Jungle Action #6–24 (Sept. 1973 – Nov. 1976).
    And Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by WIKIPEDIA Storm
    Storm first appeared in 1975 in the comic book Giant-Size X-Men #1.
    Well, ok then. On the plus side Lori Loughlin isn't going to be starring in Hallmark or Lifetime movies anymore, so maybe she can get work there.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    LOL.

Hmm... let's just check these facts real quick.

And Storm?

Well, ok then. On the plus side Lori Loughlin isn't going to be starring in Hallmark or Lifetime movies anymore, so maybe she can get work there.
    I think she meant Storm was around longer than Black Panther in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think she meant Storm was around longer than Black Panther in the movies.
    She's had so much impact too. Everyone remembers their favorite Storm moment.

Mine is... *crickets*

Toad was on screen before Black Panther too. I don't see him getting a solo.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

lmao, Toad!

also, they really shouldn't have dusted BP in the last Avengers film. I can't describe how much it's impacting me for this new film. I know this film is going to break every record but I can't get hyped for it like I should be able to
    The J-man

Shuri is BP's sister
    Okoye is BP's bodyguard
    Nakia is BP's fiance-to-be
    W'Kabi is BP's best friend and Okoye's husband
    M'Baku is BP's strongest Wakandan ally and brother-in-arms

Everyone's relevance revolves around BP (as it should) with the exception of W'Kabi and Okoye's plot line, which is fine.

I could probably do something similar with Dom if i still remembered half the characters backstory in fast n furious.
    We are definitely on the same page here.

Let supporting characters support

There was another trailer?
    1 minute long, spoiler filled TV spot yeah