Page 261 of 744 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 11160
    Amazing Member

If widow or Hawkeye stay around then Kang because he will have goons they can fight.

But if the new team consist of just Thor, cap marvel, strange and t’challa then you can go bigger For next threat.

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post
    If widow or Hawkeye stay around then Kang because he will have goons they can fight.

But if the new team consist of just Thor, cap marvel, strange and t’challa then you can go bigger For next threat.
    I'm sure it'll be a mix of characters with different power levels. Black Widow is supposed to be getting a movie, while Sam and Bucky I believe are getting some sort of streaming show. So I think the more street level guys will still be around.

That said, almost any villain can have lower end minions of some sort. So there will always be something for the less powerful characters to do.

“You could not live with your own failure. Look where that brought you... back to me.”

lol

Thanos is such a prick. I love passive aggressive; there's an art to it and he got it down to a science
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    “You could not live with your own failure. Look where that brought you... back to me.”

lol

Thanos is such a prick. I love passive aggressive; there's an art to it and he got it down to a science
    I'm hoping that this line starts a new set of memes.

One for Diary of a Mad Black Women would be funny.

College kids and parents would be good too.

The next event could be based on the current Avengers story arc including the vampire race and would be a great opportunity to bring blade (although he fits more in an R-rated picture). But it would need a lot of set up to the event.

Still campaigning for Sturm und Drang as a mini event in the MCU.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The MCU can still crank out events like Secret Wars, Secret Invasion, Galactus, Kang, Doom etc. They've still got loads of content to pull from.

I'm hyped for Endgame but having not a single clue what the movie is really about or how it resolves itself is both fascinating as an MCU fan and frustrating as a BP fan. So yea, lots of conflicting emotions rn.

Was gonna say about Shuri: making her BP would be a disservice to her character as she is now in the MCU. What made her and the BP ladies great characters is how in spite of being related to T'Challa in various ways they were not dependent on him so to speak. Nakia is his lover but also a spy aiding oppressed people all of over Africa. Okoye is T'Challa's 'bodyguard' but she's also the general of Wakanda's armed forces and leader of the Dora Milaje. Likewise, Shuri is T'Challa's sister but she's head of the Wakanda Design group (fun fact: this exists during Priests run; had no idea). Unlike 616 Shuri she and T'Challa were not competing for the same goal. 616 Shuri becoming BP worked on a character level because worked for it and wanted it. MCU Shuri becoming BP makes no sense because she's shown she doesn't care for it. She had two opportunities to get it but merely complained about her corset during the first ceremonial challenge/coronation and didn't want the HSH when T'Challa was thought to be dead. T'Challa has made her the head of the science and information exchange of his social outreach programs. That's a damn big role that can be pivotal to a plot. Why can't she just be that? Shuri's an inspiration for young black girls and boys to enter STEM fields. That's how her character works and it shouldn't be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

lol

Helps that he can back it up with being able to whoop that ass lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The MCU can still crank out events like Secret Wars, Secret Invasion, Galactus, Kang, Doom etc. They've still got loads of content to pull from.

I'm hyped for Endgame but having not a single clue what the movie is really about or how it resolves itself is both fascinating as an MCU fan and frustrating as a BP fan. So yea, lots of conflicting emotions rn.

Was gonna say about Shuri: making her BP would be a disservice to her character as she is now in the MCU. What made her and the BP ladies great characters is how in spite of being related to T'Challa in various ways they were not dependent on him so to speak. Nakia is his lover but also a spy aiding oppressed people all of over Africa. Okoye is T'Challa's 'bodyguard' but she's also the general of Wakanda's armed forces and leader of the Dora Milaje. Likewise, Shuri is T'Challa's sister but she's head of the Wakanda Design group (fun fact: this exists during Priests run; had no idea). Unlike 616 Shuri she and T'Challa were not competing for the same goal. 616 Shuri becoming BP worked on a character level because worked for it and wanted it. MCU Shuri becoming BP makes no sense because she's shown she doesn't care for it. She had two opportunities to get it but merely complained about her corset during the first ceremonial challenge/coronation and didn't want the HSH when T'Challa was thought to be dead. T'Challa has made her the head of the science and information exchange of his social outreach programs. That's a damn big role that can be pivotal to a plot. Why can't she just be that? Shuri's an inspiration for young black girls and boys to enter STEM fields. That's how her character works and it shouldn't be changed.
    Not only that, but she is just a kid basically in the mcu. Tchalla is about ~ 30 ish in the mcu and was bred to rule since he was a child. Shuri is like the fun loving carefree sibling that gets to go have fun because she knows she ain't in line for the throne. Especially if T'Challa and Nakia get married. So she ain't bothered with doing anything related to being a ruler. That's why when isht went down she wasn't even in the conversation. It was Okoye, Nakia, and M'Baku. Actual warrior's who could barely the responsibility of being king/queen.

Not to say that Shuri couldn't rise to the role in the future movies but that would be a huge 180 from how the BP Solo introduced her. Like just being the support on a mission was enough for her she wasn't trying to actually be in the field chasing Klaw.. and somehow she is supposed to rise up and be the BP in some people's minds??

None of this surprises me...

Shuri as BP. M'Baku as a villain, Storm as T'Challa's love interest. It all boils down to the same idea.

"You know what would really be cool? If Coogler did the story I want to see! He should adapt my favorite stories, frame by frame! Except for the parts I didn't like, which I wrote about in my fanfic."

And this is perfectly understandable, but it forgets two important details:

1. None of the MCU movies have been direct adaptations of the comics. While they've homaged individual bits, the actual stories are 99.999% original.
    2. Black Panther made all the money because Marvel Studios let Coogler do what he wanted, not because they listened to that bloody "creative committee".

If he succeeded without the help of comic pros, why in the hell would he need to listen to latter-day fans, who are only interested in riding his coat-tails?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I love this thread. And all of you guys and gals. I come here to learn, not just about Black Panther, but about the culture. No joke. No sarcasm. Full sincerity here. Thank you all for being you all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They literally took one of T'challa's comic attributes and gave it to Shuri just so she would have something to do and wouldn't just be "waiting to become BP" like her comic version.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    None of this surprises me...

Shuri as BP. M'Baku as a villain, Storm as T'Challa's love interest. It all boils down to the same idea.

"You know what would really be cool? If Coogler did the story I want to see! He should adapt my favorite stories, frame by frame! Except for the parts I didn't like, which I wrote about in my fanfic."

And this is perfectly understandable, but it forgets two important details:

1. None of the MCU movies have been direct adaptations of the comics. While they've homaged individual bits, the actual stories are 99.999% original.
    2. Black Panther made all the money because Marvel Studios let Coogler do what he wanted, not because they listened to that bloody "creative committee".

If he succeeded without the help of comic pros, why in the hell would he need to listen to latter-day fans, who are only interested in riding his coat-tails?
    I don't know why, but the bit about writing it in the fanfic really made me laugh more then it should of.

Some of these "creative ideas" not only make zero sense but also even if they did get implemented, it would not go how they think it would in their heads. Like the clamoring that Doom would make the sequel "feel that much big" and thst doomwar should be adapted to the mcu as if it would go down like it did in the comics. People forget that most villains in the mcu die. So when they want precious "A list" Doom to show up in BP, what would happen Is the reverse of the comics. Doom would be broken at T'Challas feet. Likely with a Vibranium dagger also stuck in his chest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Chitauri- end of the earth world
    Ultron- end of the earth world
    Thanos- end of... half the universe?
    Ronan- end of Xandar world
    Loki- end of jotun world
    Red Skull- gonna tesseract nuke everyone
    Hydra- big ol air ships gonna shoot everyone
    Doramammu- gonna eat the world
    Ego- gonna turn the world into him
    Hela- conquer ecah world one at a time

Malekith don't get no respect... dude was gonna obliterate the universe into darkness. That's like... twice Thanos!

The threats have always been "blow up worlds" with a twist nearly every movie lol. That is like a sci-fi/CBM staple.

Journey matters more than anything
    Minor point. Ego was going to simply turn every world into a clone of him, killing the locals. So he would have been twice the menace of Thanos :P

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Your obsession with bringing up Nolan in every post is borderline weird at this point.

Right now, the BP2 cast is smaller than BP1. Zuri is dead, we don't need Ross anymore, Kani and Brown aren't needed anymore. W'kabi is in jail. A lot of screentime in BP1 was spent on Zuri/T'chaka/N'jobobobobobobobo and those dudes aren't needed anymore. Take out Ross as well and suddenly you opened up a lot more time.

The supporting characters don't need bigger roles. That is a mistake. They just need there supporting roles to be well defined, possibly with a mini arc, supporting the story (T'challa vs villain).
    You wanna be the man you gotta beat the man

I want Coogler/BP to take Nolan's Batman spot. Thats my expectation. Anything less....I'll be disappointed *shrugs*

I'm torn of the new Avengers footage. On one hand the dialogue and shot composition looks cheesy as ****. On the other hand I got chills when Thanos spoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    You wanna be the man you gotta beat the man

I want Coogler/BP to take Nolan's Batman spot. Thats my expectation. Anything less....I'll be disappointed *shrugs*

I'm torn of the new Avengers footage. On one hand the dialogue and shot composition looks cheesy as ****. On the other hand I got chills when Thanos spoke.
    I think you can make an arguement that critically and commercially Cooglers BP film has already surpassed Nolans. What more does Coogler need to do?