Page 265 of 744 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 11160

Definitely a set up issue for war od the realms, abd correction MoS Tchalla had TWO dialogue bubbles.. that's double what you said! Lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I saw it at my LCS but it mostly felt like the movie versions which I get why they did it but it's not for me.
    I saw it and when did Kyle Baker drawn like that??

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I saw it and when did Kyle Baker drawn like that??
    Never. He's the writer and did one of the covers, but the art is by Juan Samu.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP only had one speech bubble in War of Realms btw.

It was a Thor comic and his mythos (obviously)

This drought sucks. I miss weekly Pantherjack
    It's sad, but you do have me thinking about when is our guy gonna have a Marvel wide crossover event that gives his world a major boost and raises T'challa's profile even higher? I figure we had Cap and Iron Man (by way of Civil War). Right now we 2 major writers that seem to like him and they write him well in Aaron and Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    It's sad, but you do have me thinking about when is our guy gonna have a Marvel wide crossover event that gives his world a major boost and raises T'challa's profile even higher? I figure we had Cap and Iron Man (by way of Civil War). Right now we 2 major writers that seem to like him and they write him well in Aaron and Ewing.
    Hickmans New Avengers? Not quite company wide because a lot of it was secret, but raised his profile. I would imagine that anyone following the main Marvel story line would have seen him a lot. I was reading comics at the time so I had to catch up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

Realdealholy rollin over in his grave (or his office/cubicle/living room/etc)
    I'd be shocked if we didn't hear James C. Mathis III's Black Panther in this, if only for a cameo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Moon Girl still has an in. She's younger, wears glasses and has a Dinosaur. Riri is just fucked.
    Moon Girl is also supposedly getting a cartoon executively produced by Laurence Fishburne but I haven't heard any news about that in a long while (probably not helped by Marvel Animation kind of petering out).

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Agree with Screen Junkies here 11:15.

That Marvel would trust Coogler to not have the typical Marvel 3rd act. The movie set up the beautiful ideology and then has to fall back into traditional tropes.Instead let Coogler do his thing instead.

Hopes Feige takes the death grip off about doing certain things.

Both things can be true. Black Panther is a great movie. Marvel can hopefully start letting the directors give us something even more visceral.

Lets really go to Africa this time Feige!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hickman's entire run.

Plus, Coates doesn't play in the universe. So it won't be until he is done at the earliest.

Plus, if there was a marvel wide crossover thing, Wakanda would just get blown up again and everyone would get mad lol.

The time to raise T'challa's profile in the comic world came and went. That is pretty much over. We kinda made it? and blew it at the same time. Ain't nothing going to change until maybe BP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Agree with Screen Junkies here 11:15.

That Marvel would trust Coogler to not have the typical Marvel 3rd act. The movie set up the beautiful ideology and then has to fall back into traditional tropes.Instead let Coogler do his thing instead.

Hopes Feige takes the death grip off about doing certain things.

Both things can be true. Black Panther is a great movie. Marvel can hopefully start letting the directors give us something even more visceral.

Lets really go to Africa this time Feige!
    you are getting predictable lol.

I don't want to BP Coogler movie. I want a BP MCU Coogler movie. I want my third act mega fight fest. I want rhinos, invisible ships, shield cloaks, barking large dudes, and kymoyo beads that magically cure paralysis.

I don't want some stupid indy boring ass movie like that Joker movie. People overreact everytime a white actor acts a bit creepy on screen. BP will make more in its first weekend than that movie will make in its entire run.

The great thing Coogler did was create a great movie within the confines of the MCU. to the point it transcended a bit. Why can't he be allowed to... do that again?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-04-2019 at 04:57 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

How old was younger T'chaka supposed to be in BP?

The flash back was 1992 right? and BP took place in 2016 right (right after CW?)?

Jon Kani was 72 in CW. If you put T'chaka around that age, that makes him 48 in 1992. He did not really look 48 but #blacksdon'tcrack. I guess that HSH keeps your skin looking fresh lol.

Did Marvel ever say? I can't remmeber

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

How old was younger T'chaka supposed to be in BP?

The flash back was 1992 right? and BP took place in 2016 right (right after CW?)?

Jon Kani was 72 in CW. If you put T'chaka around that age, that makes him 48 in 1992. He did not really look 48 but #blacksdon'tcrack. I guess that HSH keeps your skin looking fresh lol.

Did Marvel ever say? I can't remmeber
    I'm guessing it's meant to be about that age. Atandwa Kani is 34 but they gave him greying hair so it does make sense he was older. I'm pretty sure N'Jobu was meant to be the younger brother (but both had kids that were of similar ages).

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Hickman's entire run.

Plus, Coates doesn't play in the universe. So it won't be until he is done at the earliest.

Plus, if there was a marvel wide crossover thing, Wakanda would just get blown up again and everyone would get mad lol.

The time to raise T'challa's profile in the comic world came and went. That is pretty much over. We kinda made it? and blew it at the same time. Ain't nothing going to change until maybe BP2.

you are getting predictable lol.

I don't want to BP Coogler movie. I want a BP MCU Coogler movie. I want my third act mega fight fest. I want rhinos, invisible ships, shield cloaks, barking large dudes, and kymoyo beads that magically cure paralysis.

I don't want some stupid indy boring ass movie like that Joker movie. People overreact everytime a white actor acts a bit creepy on screen. BP will make more in its first weekend than that movie will make in its entire run.

The great thing Coogler did was create a great movie within the confines of the MCU. to the point it transcended a bit. Why can't he be allowed to... do that again?
    I think while there is an argument to be held that the confines of the MCU (or more specifically, Marvel Studios) may have brought down some elements of the film, too many people forget the bolded. To me BP is Marvel's most successful movie because it showed with creativity, effort, great storytelling and talent, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the "Marvel formula" and it can go far when it's really done right. That's what BP has over most of the other MCU movies (and other superhero movies that have tried to emulate the MCU). Civil War allowed it to skip the predictable origin story stuff and move forward with character work, but it doesn't spend most of its runtime or plt connecting to other MCU films, and it adds layers to a typical Marvel movie structure that other MCU films required 10+ prior films to work (Civil War) or other MCU films that try to get political (Iron Man 3, TWS). The fact that BP inspired way more relevant discussion than all of these films (hell probably more than any CBM I've seen) is a testament to how well written it was in spite of being an MCU movie still in some ways.

Kevin Feige will give Coogler more control not because some Joker movie came out (keep in mind we don't know if it'll be a great film or not), but because he earned it. The guy gave Marvel Studios their first major Oscar nominations and wins and put them in people's good graces for representation points, and made them a **** ton of money. They'll let him do what he wants because he's shown them he has the talent to make critically acclaimed and commercial behemoths. What people are doing with Joker (which I think looks good btw) is what people did with Logan. How far did that go exactly? Where's the impact that had on the movie industry? Who's talking about Logan today? BP certainly went ahead of it at award season.

I only want Coogler to do what he does best that wasn't done in BP (more long take, tense and expertly choreographed fights, less wonky CGI and more distinctive choreography) because it's the best thing the sequel will need, not because he feels threatened by some Joker movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Hickmans New Avengers? Not quite company wide because a lot of it was secret, but raised his profile. I would imagine that anyone following the main Marvel story line would have seen him a lot. I was reading comics at the time so I had to catch up on it.
    You can say Original Sin. He had a pretty high profile role in thay event, though as far as company wide events go it was sort of low key.

But Time Runs Out was definately his biggest spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Kevin Feige will give Coogler more control not because some Joker movie came out (keep in mind we don't know if it'll be a great film or not), but because he earned it. The guy gave Marvel Studios their first major Oscar nominations and wins and put them in people's good graces for representation points, and made them a **** ton of money. They'll let him do what he wants because he's shown them he has the talent to make critically acclaimed and commercial behemoths.
    Plus, Whedon and Gunn got more control in their second movie. Russos seem to be able to do whatever they want.

And sometimes that isn't the greatest thing. I think many would argue AoU and GoG2 were TOO much whedon/gunn. Took the governor off and there isms became more apparent.

Coogler will also get more control simply because he is more experienced with 200 million dollar budget movies now. He has seen how it works and I'd imagine will get more input on big budget action sequences now that he has seen how they are made.

What people are doing with Joker (which I think looks good btw) is what people did with Logan. How far did that go exactly? Where's the impact that had on the movie industry? Who's talking about Logan today? BP certainly went ahead of it at award season.

What's funny is that if not for the shitty CGI in the 3rd act, I doubt anybody would really be complaining about the 'marvel formula' there

It's like saying why did Infinity War end so predictably with all the heroes gang-rushing Thanos at the end? It would've been a much better swerve if the climax was Thanos giving a PPT presentation to the heroes in a boardroom about the logistics of his plans, followed by an intense Q/A session.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron
    "I can say certainly everything I've done on Thor has been building towards this," Aaron says. "And it will dramatically change Thor's status quo, and the status quo for kind of all those characters around him. Then I'm wrapping up my Thor run kind of right after that. Also, everything that I've been doing now will be building into Avengers, so it'll have big ramifications not just for the Thor corner of the Marvel Universe, but for the bigger gooey center of the Marvel Universe, as well."
    Aaron ain't going anywhere for awhile.