Page 269 of 744 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I get and for the most part agree with what you're saying.

However, Creed, Fruitvale Station truly look like different movies compared to Black Panther. They really did put the shackles on Coogler/Morrison's visuals. Its still better than most (if not all) Marvel films. Its just why hold back on cinematography, and story telling (3rd act) to remind the audience this is an MCU movie?

Feels like a Jay Z "dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars"

If Coogler didn't show clearly robbed of a Best Director nom worthy efforts in previous films I wouldn't sweat it so much. I love BP, the best MCU film to me, but I do think its clearly his 3rd best directed film imo. My 2nd favorite overall though after Creed.
    Someone please post all the accolade's BP has gotten since it's release so we can see just how many shackles Coogler was brought down with.

Some people just like being miserable
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Incredible Member

I'm new but dangit you will not Slam Coogler

I honestly think that some fans want the movies to fail, possibly so they can justify their fan rage or point to them and say "See? I was right about how the character should be written!"

I have a long memory, and I can clearly remember folks getting upset before the movies came out:

• When they saw that part of Age Of Ultron took place in a somewhat low-income area of Addis Ababa, they immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was doubling for Wakanda, and the movie would suck. They were wrong. It wasn't doubling for anything.
    • When they heard that Coogler was filming in Atlanta, they immediately jumped to the conclusion that most of the film would take place in the US, and the movie would suck. They were wrong. Only a few flashbacks and the very end of the film are in America.
    • When they saw that Bucky and the "Secret Avengers" were hiding out in Wakanda, they immediately jumped to the conclusion that said heroes would play a big part in the movie's climax, and the movie would suck. They were wrong. The only non-Panther character shows up in a stinger and had no impact on the plot.

Notice a pattern?

Of course, Marvel is playing their cards for Endgame close to the chest, and I believe BP2 hasn't even started production yet, so the only thing they can do is revisit the first film and reveal that, despite having loads of success, Coogler is somehow a hack, and immediately jump to the conclusion that the next movie is going to suck….

Guess what I think will happen? Hint: It rhymes with "Play your gong".

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    [*]When they saw that Bucky and the "Secret Avengers" were hiding out in Wakanda, they immediately jumped to the conclusion that said heroes would play a big part in the movie's climax, and the movie would suck. They were wrong. The only non-Panther character shows up in a stinger and had no impact on the plot.[/LIST]
    Ahh yes, the Bucky/Cap/Falcon were going to save Wakanda in the third act theory.

That was always good for a multi page disagreement

"the mcu is all connected! Avengers are there!"

"dude, no way they will do that"

"but muh shoe horn! connected! just makes sense"

fun times
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Was looking up capoeira stuff on YouTube and found this Brazillian capoeira movie called The Assailant (AKA Beetle/Besouro in Brazil). It's apparently based on a real capoeirista but it mixes a bit of mysticism and myth but it's set in the 1920s.

Anyway I haven't watched the whole thing yet but it's got some killer fight scenes, especially because it combines capoeira and the Hong Kong cinema style choreography and wirework. The fight choreography was done by the legendary Huan-Chiu Ku, who did The Matrix, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Kill Bill, Into the Badlands, and a bunch of other martial arts movies (so you're definitely gonna like this @Rumble).

After checking out stuff from the film I think this guy and this style would be a perfect fit for the BP sequel. Capoeira was used extensively in the first one but this movie takes it to another level because it's also a bit of a fantasy film. Also Coogler does seem to watch and check out a lot of foreign films so I'm hoping he notices this one. And the main actor of the film kinda looks like Chadwick so they might as well get him as the stunt double.

LINK1
    LINK2

Wasn't bushmaster in Luke Cage using Capoira?

EDIT: and you really don't even need a stunt double that look slike Chadwick. The character should be fighting in a suit/mask for most of the movie. Just pull the camera back and let the stunt doubles do their jump.

And if you have two people of similar power levels fighting each other, you don't even need a ton of wire work.

Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-05-2019 at 05:43 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The stunt double thing is mostly a joke but yes Bushmaster primarily used capoeira with some boxing/muay thai. I like what that movie did because it used capoeira which is a very grounded martial art and infused it with the Crouching Tiger-esque choreography and a superhuman element. Of course superhero movies tend to give their martial arts characters a mix of other forms so it wouldn't just be capoeira. The choreographer clearly knows a bunch of styles but it's his work that I think fits.

I want more claw feats.

IDK what you can get away with in a PG13 Marvel movie but need to find that line.

BP's feature tech is the bullet proof suit, force push, and the claws. Those are the three things the focus on heavily.

The suit and push get plenty of feats, the claws... scratched caps shield and..... cut some metal?

Give me more before Logan becomes a thing please

If you mean people scratching guys with his claws, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem if they want to show it. Lots of people are shown getting stabbed, cut and even shot in the head in the MCU. That kind of violence shouldn't be a big deal. In that second challenge fight there's actually quite a bit of blood splatter and close ups to wounds when T'Challa and Killmonger cut each other. I want to see more of that.

But if we're talking using them against other materials, I agree we could use more of that but I think we got some nice stuff in the film. Easily tearing off that car door, ripping off a moving car tire, using them to make a sharp turn on the road with a car. He's also shown to be able to scratch Vibranium a bunch of times. I do get what you mean though. If they can show him use them creatively to get out of a tough situation it'll be cool.

I want him to be able to turn on the Antimetal feature of his claws. Like basically make it cut through metal like the lightsabers in episode one but much, much faster.

It would have been cool to have him do it casually in front of Iron Man, then just run off and keep fighting or doing whatever it was he was doing, and then show Stark just dumbfounded and kind of touching his suit like, "Oh ####, I should probably do an upgrade."
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

This is the somewhat weird thing about the anti-metal claws. It's said the claws aren't pure anti-metal but an alloy (to stop it from melting his gloves I presume). If it's a weaker version of anti-metal then why should does it need to be anti-metal? I'm pretty sure vibranium can cut right through Iron Man's armour. Steve was able to do it with a blunt vibranium shield. I just don't see what the big difference would be. Unless T'Challa's gonna be fighting guys that use vibranium also or adamantium I don't see the point in there being a difference.

I guess theoretically they should be able to cut things even easier but T'Challa's got enhanced strength, speed and vibranium is still one of the strongest metals ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is the somewhat weird thing about the anti-metal claws. It's said the claws aren't pure anti-metal but an alloy (to stop it from melting his gloves I presume). If it's a weaker version of anti-metal then why should does it need to be anti-metal? I'm pretty sure vibranium can cut right through Iron Man's armour. Steve was able to do it with a blunt vibranium shield. I just don't see what the big difference would be. Unless T'Challa's gonna be fighting guys that use vibranium also or adamantium I don't see the point in there being a difference.

I guess theoretically they should be able to cut things even easier but T'Challa's got enhanced strength, speed and vibranium is still one of the strongest metals ever.
    Priest probably understood Vibranium doesn't make a good offensive weapon. The past few years the properties of Vb tend to get confused with simply being a hard metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Priest probably understood Vibranium doesn't make a good offensive weapon. The past few years the properties of Vb tend to get confused with simply being a hard metal.
    Exactly, comic vibranium should be absorbing vibrations... it makes no sense for it to be an offensive weapon.

Steve's shield is an alloid as well I do believe.

The MCU doesn't seem to work that way. As Spider-Man said, it basically makes no damn sense lol

So the MCU version just has vibranium claws just like Cap's shield is pure vibranium

IDW panther was decent. Would make a good Sat. morning cartoon. There is a cool tech pull that I want to show the the attachment feature isn't working the way I want.

He basically summons the Panther Hulk Buster out of knowhere like the Ronin Warriors summoning their armor.