Page 272 of 744 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My suspicion is they'll move it from February to the summer because of the first movie's success similar to how they moved Guardians of the Galaxy from August to May for the sequel.

I hope not. But judging from the rumored movies so far (eternals, shang, widow, gog3, DS2, CM2, SM3), Marvel Studios does need a "feature blockbuster" for 2021 or whatever. So it very well May get that coveted late april/early may spot.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they'll be able to resist putting her in a Black Panther suit at some point though.

Actually makes me wonder what a female Black Panther costume would look like with the MCU aesthetic.
    I'm surprised they didn't try to jam Shuri into a BP suit for End Game, if for no other reason than to make an extra few bucks on the BP Shuri dolls.

But I suppose if/when they pull the trigger on Shuri taking the mantle they would want to give it the proper time and space. And something like End Game probably wouldn't be able to do that.

I wouldn't go that far. But I do think they see the success of the Black Panther movie as a combination of factors that don't necessarily translate to success with the same character in a different movie with a different director and entirely different production crew. We still don't know when they're releasing Black Panther 2. My suspicion is they'll move it from February to the summer because of the first movie's success similar to how they moved Guardians of the Galaxy from August to May for the sequel.
    I probably should have been specific. His sequels will be fine, but anything outside of the sequels he'll be a footnote in favor of Carol, if even that. Hence why I said what I said to the original quote (MindofShadow's spoiler speculation).

EDIT: Also this is the second time someone here has divorced the context from what I said like I randomly said it in a vacuum. What is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I probably should have been specific. His sequels will be fine, but anything outside of the sequels he'll be a footnote in favor of Carol, if even that. Hence why I said what I said to the original quote (MindofShadow's spoiler speculation).
    Eh, I don't think Carol is the big bad boogie (wo)man here. Avengers movies balanced Tony and Cap just fine.

Carol is directly connected to the stones, she was completely gone in IW, and hell, a lot of spoilers spoilers:
    basically have her taken out in the first act of the movie anyway
    end of spoilers

Plus, Russos made this movie before CM was even done. She was always planned to have a bigger part in EG, her powerset works better against thanos anyway, and as has been said over and over... IW/EG was basically filmed before BP was projected to destroy the box office universe.

I am very confident BP/Carol will be the new Tony/Steve. You don't unlock that demographic at the box office and merchandise and then go, "meh, don't like money."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To me, the perfect opportunity would have been Infinity War. It's a bit of a shame that they didn't go down that path.
    The perfect opportunity is never because MCU Shuri is different from comics Shuri. And she should form into her own character because she wasn't bred from birth to be Queen, and has shown she ain't up to task Given her personality

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    One of some of the reservations I have for the second film especially with the rumours about following the same production the first movie went through.

If it ain't an Avengers movie, then less time will be put in to production. Hopefully that's not the case but if it is, it will be a big shame considering how BP transcended the MCU in terms of box office and being the first mcu movie to win an Oscar
    Uhh.. What?? What you said makes no sense. The production was fine. Rumors about a movie that hasn't even gotten it's script down yet? I wouldn't call anything about BP a Shane considering what it did. No other movie achieved what it has. Not even the Avengers movies so...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I hope not. But judging from the rumored movies so far (eternals, shang, widow, gog3, DS2, CM2, SM3), Marvel Studios does need a "feature blockbuster" for 2021 or whatever. So it very well May get that coveted late april/early may spot.
    That would be a bad idea imo to movie it from February. For one, it gives it lots of time to reign the box office like it did previously without having to compete with other summer block busters, and second, tying it into Black history month just makes it that much more special. Dont change it. No need

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The perfect opportunity is never because MCU Shuri is different from comics Shuri. And she should form into her own character because she wasn't bred from birth to be Queen, and has shown she ain't up to task Given her personality

Uhh.. What?? What you said makes no sense. The production was fine. Rumors about a movie that hasn't even gotten it's script down yet? I wouldn't call anything about BP a Shane considering what it did. No other movie achieved what it has. Not even the Avengers movies so...

That would be a bad idea imo to movie it from February. For one, it gives it lots of time to reign the box office like it did previously without having to compete with other summer block busters, and second, tying it into Black history month just makes it that much more special. Dont change it. No need
    The fact that Shuri is legitimately an heir to the throne (even if she's not the first in line) should mean that she's bred from birth to be a ruler in the event she's needed. They'd be stupid NOT to prepare her for the throne in the event that the sitting heir is killed or otherwise incapable of doing the job. T'Chaka was recenty killed, and T'Challa was recently defeated and dethroned. If they hadn't been preparing her up to this point, they should have the foresight to start ASAP. This is a monarchy. The idea is to keep it in the family.

They followed the scheduled just fine I guess but when it came to the issues with the cgi at the end, they definitely needed more time whether it was during production or post production to perfect it which affected the movie in my opinion. I mean the whole BP VS Killomonger scene was done in December 2 months before the release which was clearly apparent in terms of effects rendering and thats not what I want for the sequels.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

EDIT: Also this is the second time someone here has divorced the context from what I said like I randomly said it in a vacuum. What is up with that?
    I wasn't trying to quote your post out of context (in fact, I quoted it in its entirety), but I'll admit I didn't read the spoiler speculation because, at this point, I'm trying to let any of that influence my thoughts on the movie. Given that I have no idea what you were responding to, I guess it wouldn't be fair to argue further. Hopefully I'll remember to come back and check at the end of the month and maybe I can address your reply.

That's why the best opportunity would be an entirely different context. The whole point is her worldview could have changed based on what happened to her brother and the needs of Wakanda. If you're trying to say that it isn't in her personality to challenge her brother and take over the mantle of Black Panther, I agree completely. That's why you would need a significant life event to cause that change. If T'Challa was dead and she wasn't and her Kingdom needed her, there's good reason for her to be forced to take over. If I were to blatantly speculate, I suspect they had considered doing exactly what I suggested but decided to not in case they later wanted to make her Black Panther for real and not just briefly in essentially a What If story.

Anyway, we'll see how the movie handles it but I'm skeptical that M'Baku can truly be Black Panther. To me, it's hard to imagine someone who doesn't worship Bast becoming the living embodiment of the panther goddess. In fact, I thought that was thematically important in the movie. He had the opportunity at the end to take over for T'Challa but he didn't. I don't think he ever truly wanted to become the Black Panther either.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Nah, it's clear Shuri ain't bred to rule, first movie showed that loud and clear, and frankly? It's better that way. Her character is to inspire young black kid's (especially girls) to get into science and technology and innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    They followed the scheduled just fine I guess but when it came to the issues with the cgi at the end, they definitely needed more time whether it was during production or post production to perfect it which affected the movie in my opinion. I mean the whole BP VS Killomonger scene was done in December 2 months before the release which was clearly apparent in terms of effects rendering and thats not what I want for the sequels.
    The way to get around that would be to bot make it entirely CGI

The behind the scenes showing of their fight in the suits and It looked alot better, so the solution would be to not go full cgi, but instead just cover the habits with cgi effects and let the costumes and Chadwick shine.

I wasn't trying to quote your post out of context (in fact, I quoted it in its entirety), but I'll admit I didn't read the spoiler speculation because, at this point, I'm trying to let any of that influence my thoughts on the movie. Given that I have no idea what you were responding to, I guess it wouldn't be fair to argue further. Hopefully I'll remember to come back and check at the end of the month and maybe I can address your reply.

That's why the best opportunity would be an entirely different context. The whole point is her worldview could have changed based on what happened to her brother and the needs of Wakanda. If you're trying to say that it isn't in her personality to challenge her brother and take over the mantle of Black Panther, I agree completely. That's why you would need a significant life event to cause that change. If T'Challa was dead and she wasn't and her Kingdom needed her, there's good reason for her to be forced to take over. If I were to blatantly speculate, I suspect they had considered doing exactly what I suggested but decided to not in case they later wanted to make her Black Panther for real and not just briefly in essentially a What If story.

Anyway, we'll see how the movie handles it but I'm skeptical that M'Baku can truly be Black Panther. To me, it's hard to imagine someone who doesn't worship Bast becoming the living embodiment of the panther goddess. In fact, I thought that was thematically important in the movie. He had the opportunity at the end to take over for T'Challa but he didn't. I don't think he ever truly wanted to become the Black Panther either.
    I'm saying she SHOULD NOT be BP at all in the MCU. Just because it happened in the comics doesn't mean the MCU has to emulate it, in fact, Hudlin intelligently nade her BP because he was leaving the series and he didn't want her to go into Limbo. That ain't gonna happen to Shuri now. Marvel/Disney has their new cool Disney princess.

So let her occupy her own space not take over T'Challas just for comic synergy

I can actually buy that Shuri doesn't want the job... but Wakanda should have enough forsight to realize that she may one day need to take the mantle.

T'Chaka recently died, and T'Challa sort of died twice. That means Wakanda lost a king 3 times in like 3 years. Common sense will tell you that you need a logical line of sucession by people who are properly prepared for the job. And as this is a Monarchy, obviously that line runs through Shuri. Post Infinity War the arguement is moot if Shuri is dead too, but nonetheless to not have her groomed for the role is a complete lack of foresight.

M'Baku might be an okay plan B (and I say MIGHT because that might not turn out well either), but I think the MCU creating the assumption that Shuri can't do the job goes against the message they are trying to put out there. Whether or not she ever needs to, we and everyone in Wakanda for that matter should assume she can if called upon.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm saying she SHOULD NOT be BP at all in the MCU. Just because it happened in the comics doesn't mean the MCU has to emulate it, in fact, Hudlin intelligently nade her BP because he was leaving the series and he didn't want her to go into Limbo. That ain't gonna happen to Shuri now. Marvel/Disney has their new cool Disney princess.

So let her occupy her own space not take over T'Challas just for comic synergy
    And all I'm saying is this vastly different context would be a nice nod to the comics without having to make it stick for real. I get that you don't want it even temporarily but I wouldn't be surprised if they're considering doing it for real some day so that's why they aren't going to do it in Endgame.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    LMAO. And we been through this dance before too.

Incredible Member

Shuri is dusted

Nah, it's clear Shuri ain't bred to rule, first movie showed that loud and clear, and frankly? It's better that way. Her character is to inspire young black kid's (especially girls) to get into science and technology and innovation.

The way to get around that would be to bot make it entirely CGI

The behind the scenes showing of their fight in the suits and It looked alot better, so the solution would be to not go full cgi, but instead just cover the habits with cgi effects and let the costumes and Chadwick shine.
    With Marvel's track record of CGI filled third acts, not sure if that will happen but there will probably find a way round it.