Page 274 of 744 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But the movie separates the jobs. Ramonda would probably be Regent until Shuri was ready. And the guys at the waterfall scene would compete to be BP.
    Shuri isn't trained to be Queen though. So it would probably be another from a different tribe that would become the new ruler. Nothing to do with sex but rather. There is a big age difference, Shuri os more like a modern teen and Tchalla was the one who was first born and has about 15 years on Shuri. And Shuri was never considered to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure. But my point is that Shuri should have been made ready her entire life. That's the part I'm disagreeing with here. I don't think she wants the job, and she may never need to get it. But I don't believe the Wakandans would be stupid or sexist enough not to have been preparing her AT LEAST since T'Chaka's death, if not her whole life. This is a monarchy. You're supposed to prepare your heirs to rule.
    Maybe she didn't want to. The second prince tends to take little interest in ruling unless they're trying to usurp. At least that is what TV has taught me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Shuri isn't trained to be Queen though. So it would probably be another from a different tribe that would become the new ruler. Nothing to do with sex but rather. There is a big age difference, Shuri os more like a modern teen and Tchalla was the one who was first born and has about 15 years on Shuri. And Shuri was never considered to take over.
    If the rulership goes to another tribe, then that shows exactly how stupid T'Challa's family is for not grooming Shuri for the throne (if indeed they didn't do that).

If it goes to say M'Baku (the most logical candidate given what we know) their entirely family line is removed from the royal lineage. And if it's like the J'Bari, who worship the Ape god instead of Bast, then they are screwing over their god and their religion by removing that from power too.

All that basically either too lazy, short sighted, or sexist to have more than one heir groomed for the role. It makes more freaking sense to just groom Shuri for the role too. It's OKAY to have alternates ready just in case. T'Challa died twice in the last year and a half, so potentially it can come in handy.

Maybe she didn't want to. The second prince tends to take little interest in ruling unless they're trying to usurp. At least that is what TV has taught me.
    Oh, I'm almost certain she didn't want to based on what we've seen of her.

But I'm not convinced they didn't at least TRY to groom her for the role just in case. Because again, that would be the smart thing to do. But I suppose we won't know for sure anytime soon, if ever.

Seems that way from what we have seen. N'jobobobobbo was a war dog afterall. Dude was a prince and slummed it up in an american ghetto.

It seems the royal line had little to fear of dying (they were way more advanced than everyone else + the HSH) and none of the other tribes probably bothered to challenge the line when they had the chance. Life was probably too good to bother.

M'baku only came out of the mountain after centuries of the Jabari hiding because he thought T'challa was a punk wimp who couldn't protect his dad and his sister scoffed at tradition while creating more and more tech. Wakanda was basically getting "soft" to him.

Plus they don't seem to get busy producing heirs. Azzuri only had two kids. T'chaka only had two and they are seemingly 15 years apart. T'challa is what... 30ish? and isn't even married let alone producing heirs. Doesn't seem to be high on their priority list.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    5 minutes don't go getting expectations too high. Just expect Infinity War. They are fitting in too many characters.
    Yeah after walking out of IW disappointed with how they handled Panther and his cast, I'm trying not hoping for much on that front. I hope he at least gets a cool moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah after walking out of IW disappointed with how they handled Panther and his cast, I'm trying not hoping for much on that front. I hope he at least gets a cool moment.
    I just need on gif worthy action and i'm good lol

better than the black dwarf fight. Llike a long gif
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I"m guessing everyone will get one good shot at Thanos once everyone returns.

I'm now picturing an Avengers version of this scene:

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Seems that way from what we have seen. N'jobobobobbo was a war dog afterall. Dude was a prince and slummed it up in an american ghetto.

It seems the royal line had little to fear of dying (they were way more advanced than everyone else + the HSH) and none of the other tribes probably bothered to challenge the line when they had the chance. Life was probably too good to bother.

M'baku only came out of the mountain after centuries of the Jabari hiding because he thought T'challa was a punk wimp who couldn't protect his dad and his sister scoffed at tradition while creating more and more tech. Wakanda was basically getting "soft" to him.

Plus they don't seem to get busy producing heirs. Azzuri only had two kids. T'chaka only had two and they are seemingly 15 years apart. T'challa is what... 30ish? and isn't even married let alone producing heirs. Doesn't seem to be high on their priority list.
    probably because, unlike other nations, Wakanda isn't at risk of being invaded, they live in harmony, and their ruler is either protected by, or is the BP who is the strongest person in Wakanda.. so why would Shuri Care? Tchalla gonna get married, have kids and his first born would be groomed for the crown. Fir Wakanda, it doesn't seem to matter as much about all the heirs being fully groomed because there is less risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'm now picturing an Avengers version of this scene:

T'Challa got the vibranium boxing gloves.

throwback

James C. Mathis III really needs to start getting that Kevin Conroy love
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    5 minutes don't go getting expectations too high. Just expect Infinity War. They are fitting in too many characters.

Also, T'Challa's true love is so so talented

How do you know he has only 5 minutes of screen time?

I hope they are a badass 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Lord Morph; 04-06-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    How do you know he has only 5 minutes of screen time?

I hope they are a badass 5 minutes.
    Because "Mah pessimism!"

Seriously, folks... didn't I just post a list of times people got obsessed over T'Challa being mistreated based on mistaken assumptions about what will happen?

At the very least, can we wait three weeks until we (or at least some of us) WATCH THE MOVIE before complaining?