Page 276 of 744 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I won't go so far as to say she SHOULD be made the Black Panther.

But if we want potential reasons why they might decide to go that route, apart from the obvious reason that it's what happened in the comics...

It's the same reason we have a Superwoman and Bat Girl and She-Hulk. And the same reason Hudlin make her Black Panther to begin with. You get another super hero out of an existing franchise. Yes we have a Shuri comic today without her being Black Panther (well, she sort of is in the comics but that obviusly won't last), but I don't think she would have gotten to that point had she not become the Black Panther in the first place).

Secondly, Letitia is in her 20's while Chad is in his 40's. Potentially Letitia can act as a legacy character down the line and continue on making BP movies after Chadwich moves on, the way they might have to do with RDJ and Iron Man. In comics characters never age so legacy characters are mostly just window dressing. But in the movies actors do in fact age. If the MCU doesn't reboot, then legacy characters are the way to keep IPs going.
    Here's the thing, tho. Disney has kept the MCU going for 10 years without going the "legacy character" route once (with the technical exception of Ant-Man, but even that was backstory, not primary plot). Instead, they've used the massive library of heroes they have available to introduce new characters. If they were following that route, we'd have seen a new Iron Man by now (RDJ is 54). But instead, we got a different hero in a high-tech suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    How do you know he has only 5 minutes of screen time?

I hope they are a badass 5 minutes.
    Word of mouth from someone who allegedly saw a screening. Whether that is the final version remains to be seen. He said we get roughly 5 minutes of action and some lines, but there are somme big twists you don't expect.

Again they have to fit everyone hero who has ever been in the MCU over the last 10+ years and the focus of the film is on the original Avengers. BP's in the film but I think people need ot have realistic expectations for this film. Just like Infinity War this isn't going to be BP 2.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Here's the thing, tho. Disney has kept the MCU going for 10 years without going the "legacy character" route once (with the technical exception of Ant-Man, but even that was backstory, not primary plot). Instead, they've used the massive library of heroes they have available to introduce new characters. If they were following that route, we'd have seen a new Iron Man by now (RDJ is 54). But instead, we got a different hero in a high-tech suit.
    I wonder if there were people in the Cap appreciation thread who, after the first movie, called for Bucky or Walker to be the new Captain America because of "muh comics" lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I wonder if there were people in the Cap appreciation thread who, after the first movie, called for Bucky or Walker to be the new Captain America because of "muh comics" lol
    Maybe not, but I saw a lot of people talking about Bucky or Sam as Cap after the second & third...
    Last edited by DigiCom; 04-07-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Bucky and Falcon already have established characters/identities. Doesn't really make sense for either of them to be Cap in-universe or business wise. That kind of comic gimmick won't really work in the MCU. If Evans walks away and you don't reboot you bring in someone new and younger.

Also we've got some pretty interesting news:

Disney teases Wolverine and Black Panther in sizzle reel following merger with Fox
    https://insidethemagic.net/2019/04/d...ilm-slate-ba1/

Disney Teases Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine Joining Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Sizzle Reel at CinemaCon
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...-at-cinemacon/

WOLVERINE AND BLACK PANTHER TEASED AT CINEMACON BY DISNEY
    https://cosmicbook.news/wolverine-bl...nemacon-disney
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Bucky and Falcon already have established characters/identities. Doesn't really make sense for either of them to be Cap in-universe or business wise. That kind of comic gimmick won't really work in the MCU. If Evans walks away and you don't reboot you bring in someone new and younger.

Also we've got some pretty interesting news:

Disney teases Wolverine and Black Panther in sizzle reel following merger with Fox
    https://insidethemagic.net/2019/04/d...ilm-slate-ba1/

Disney Teases Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine Joining Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Sizzle Reel at CinemaCon
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...-at-cinemacon/

WOLVERINE AND BLACK PANTHER TEASED AT CINEMACON BY DISNEY
    https://cosmicbook.news/wolverine-bl...nemacon-disney
    It's like Disney likes money or something lol

X23 and "stop focusing Xmen movies on Wolverine" fans in shambles

(yes, I like Logan lol)

(as long as him and tchalla don't interact in comics)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think Iron Man will be a good indicator of how they might handle BP now that RDJ time is almost up.

If we get an Iron Heart there's a descent chance we'll get a Shuri BP. If they recast or simply end the franchise, that could be Bps fate.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-07-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Not after the first. But I know people were already talking about Bucky and Sam taking the Cap mantle when Evans contract is up after Winter Soldier.

It's like Disney likes money or something lol

X23 and "stop focusing Xmen movies on Wolverine" fans in shambles

(yes, I like Logan lol)

(as long as him and tchalla don't interact in comics)
    If they interact in the movies they'll interact in the comics. We'll get a convenient team up mini announced around the same time any sort of movie team up is.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I am still not 100% clear how the transition to BP works when the king ages out.

Is there another tournament style ritual? Does the King simply choose a warrior similar to how the other tribes had an elder and a warrior at the coronation?

Also, if the say... merchant tribe decided to challenge at T'challa's coronation and won... does that warrior become king or the elder he represented? Does the elder become king while the warrior becomes Black Panther?

Also, I would have assumed that the other tribes could have also challenged Killmonger after he killed T'challa. Maybe they were too shell shocked at what happened.

Also another thought... I wonder if the lack of HSH will be a plot point in BP2. The world is much more dangerous than it has ever been, the rest of the world is catching up to Wakanda technology (as stated by W'kabi)... I wonder if the elders will want T'challa to pull back on any out-of-the-country warrior type stuff because they have no black PAnther replacement ready. If the HSH takes like... 20 years to mature, they need T'challa to last that long lol
    The last Ancestral plane visit in the film seems to suggest that there have been past Black Panthers and kings from different tribes. I can't verify that because it's only a visual hint (the other ones are dressed like they're from the different tribes and had a black panther in front of them). But it could also suggest that the Royal bloodline has had people from the different tribes in it? I'm not sure.

Anyway we know that T'Chaka passed down the BP mantle to T'Challa when he aged out. The first challenge fight in the film was really about the kingship title and less about BP. So I'm guessing there was no ritual combat for T'Challa to go through. What we don't know is if this is something that's done all the time (i.e., the mantle was just passed down to T'Chaka and the BP before him) or T'Challa was a special case.

As for T'Challa's coronation (which it was) I'm guessing the tribe champion would have been king because that seemed to be what M'Baku was challenging for. All the other tribes worship Bast so either the champion that one would have been BP as well or they would have allowed T'Challa to still be BP. I infer this because Zuri during that first one refers to T'Challa by his royal title first (prince, then king) and then seems to use "The Black Panther" as his warrior name, kinda like a stage name. In M'Baku's case there would have been no BP because they don't worship Bast.

You bring up a good point about the HSH though. Unless they go on a cop out and make a synthetic one or it just grows back because reasons, I can see that being a legit concern. It raises the stakes of T'Challa making out alive.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I think some of you are confusing "being trained to be BP" and "being trained to be ruler of Wakanda." The two things are different and separate in the MCU unlike the comics. When I say Shuri cannot be BP because she wasn't trained, I mean she did not receive the specific warrior/combat training T'Challa did for that role. That doesn't mean she doesn't know what to do if she's given the throne (and she most likely isn't next in line anyway). But to be fair, she has also shown no interest in the throne so she may not have been groomed for it. But for sure she was not trained to be Black Panther. Which is why I said Shuri would have to redefine what the Black Panther means for her to become it. She'll definitely be more reliant on tech than combat skills or powers (kinda like the comics to be fair). And that's why I suggested Okoye or Nakia would make more sense to be BP's: they have similar training to fit that role. I never said Okoye becoming BP equals her becoming Queen of Wakanda. That's ridiculous because she's not of royal blood.

Amazing Member

I don’t think it would happen but if shuri ever had to be black panther in the mcu for any reason then she needs to dawn the comic armor she fought namor with.

But mcu shuri doesn’t need to be the black panther she can do many other things.

Because "Mah pessimism!"

Seriously, folks... didn't I just post a list of times people got obsessed over T'Challa being mistreated based on mistaken assumptions about what will happen?

At the very least, can we wait three weeks until we (or at least some of us) WATCH THE MOVIE before complaining?
    Because people want to say I told you so. They want to be right so their complaining is validated

It's actually a little unclear what the BP role actually means in the MCU.

We know T'Challa had taken the HSH before Civil War, but it couldn't be for his role as the tribal champion since the powers were taken away for the challenge proper.

And it can't be because he was king, because he hadn't been crowned yet, as his father was still alive.

But when Killmonger gained the throne, he gained the Panther powers as well.

The nearest I can figure is that it's usually associated with the throne (say, one of his titles, like Defender of the Mound, or some such), but when the king feels he's too old for it, he has the ability to pass the mantle along to his chosen heir. And that's what T'Chaka did.

Here's a question to ponder... did T'Chaka still have the powers of the HSH when he died?

Here's a question to ponder... did T'Chaka still have the powers of the HSH when he died?
    If so, that dude wasn't training much and really enjoying his desserts lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-07-2019 at 08:36 AM.