Page 279 of 744 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Going to step away from the Net for a while. See you when Endgame drops, my brothers.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Can Tchalla get a sequel first before yall replace him with Shuri Damn
    Honestly, I thought my suggestion of replacing him only when he was dusted (which will be reversed) was the least controversial option because it gives Shuri an opportunity to be Black Panther while also assuring everyone that it'll likely be T'Challa from then on. But apparently people don't like that idea.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Forest Whitaker asked if any member of royal blood wished to challenge for the throne.
    My recollection is that he asked each of the tribes and essentially treated the royal family as a tribe.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Can Tchalla get a sequel first before yall replace him with Shuri Damn
    Pretty much everyone here minus a few are of the mindset that Shuri should not take over. The MCU had not replaced any hero with a legacy yet, no reason to start with T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My recollection is that he asked each of the tribes and essentially treated the royal family as a tribe.
    you're right. He asks about Royal Blood after Shuri raises her hand, but initially, he just asks if any tribe wants to nominate a warrior

The J-man

Honestly, I thought my suggestion of replacing him only when he was dusted (which will be reversed) was the least controversial option because it gives Shuri an opportunity to be Black Panther while also assuring everyone that it'll likely be T'Challa from then on. But apparently people don't like that idea.
    I'd argue the suggestion that Shuri replace T'Challa after Boseman (who is in his 40's) is ready to hang up his tights isn't terribly controversial. Not that it's the only option, since you theoretically can recast T'Challa. But it's likely an option which will at least be on the table if/when that day comes.

But as far as taking over for T'Challa just for End Game.... it works. It woudln't get the space it theoretically should have, but if marvel had their hearts set on seeing Shuri in the habit without really effecting anything, that would have been the way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Pretty much everyone here minus a few are of the mindset that Shuri should not take over. The MCU had not replaced any hero with a legacy yet, no reason to start with T'Challa
    Like I said earlier, I think how they handle Iron Man will be a good indication of how they may handle T'Challa down the line when Boseman is really to move on.

If we end up with Iron Heart, then there's a descent chance we'll get a BP Shuri (though it's obviously not a given). But if they recast Iron Man, or simply put the entire franchise to rest then that could be an indicator of how they handle BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    you're right. He asks about Royal Blood after Shuri raises her hand, but initially, he just asks if any tribe wants to nominate a warrior

Did you type that wrong my man lol?

Zuri clearly asks, after the other tribes declined, if there is anyone of royal blood who would like to challenge

then shuri raises her hand

And hell, anyone see the red tribe dude? It looked like he wanted a piece of T'challa lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I would have been fine with it.

All you had to do is dust M'baku instead of Shuri
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I would have been fine with it.

All you had to do is dust M'baku instead of Shuri
    M'Baku and any other fighter in Wakanda. Shuri doesn't have those hand to hand skills. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    M'Baku and any other fighter in Wakanda. Shuri doesn't have those hand to hand skills. Lol.
    If I was on a mission to fight Thanos, I'd actually prefer Shuri to any warrior in Wakanda outside of T'Challa. Thanos beat the crap out of Hulk when they threw down, so you probably don't wanna go hand to hand with him. Whatever gear Shuri might bring probably would have a better shot at doing something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Why?

Is there anything wrong with Shuri taking up the mantle of Black Panther in the MCU as was the case in the comic books?
    There's nothing wrong with it within the MCU or even the comics just not my preferred avenue for the character's development. I definitely think a Shuri BP has lots of potential, but so do other roles.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd argue the suggestion that Shuri replace T'Challa after Boseman (who is in his 40's) is ready to hang up his tights isn't terribly controversial. Not that it's the only option, since you theoretically can recast T'Challa. But it's likely an option which will at least be on the table if/when that day comes.

But as far as taking over for T'Challa just for End Game.... it works. It woudln't get the space it theoretically should have, but if marvel had their hearts set on seeing Shuri in the habit without really effecting anything, that would have been the way to do it.
    That is always a possibility but to do it would seem too much like a gimmick far as the MCU is concerned. Why even bother to write it up. In reference to far future of MCU Panther, naw! We recast with a different actor let them do anything else with Shuri. I rep T'challa Panther all day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She doesn't show an inclination to want to be BP or ruler like she does in the comics. New Shuri prefers to be in the lab. They have to pull her teeth to do it in Nnedis' book. Lol.
    I understand that, but to frank, that was one of the few missteps Coogler made in my humble opinion.

A mistake further actualised by Ciates, Gay and Nnedi in the comic books.

Reginald Hudlin did not create Shuri to be the tech genius or the glorified "Q" to T'Challa's James Bond as portrayed in the movie or as the second rate Crow/magic negro Coates turned her into post Hickman's Time Runs Out/Everything Dies saga.

He created her to be the fiercely loyal Princess Royal who took up the Black Panther mantle when her brother was laid low by Dr Doom's failed murder attempt on T'Challa's life.

She represented as Queen of Wakanda leading from the front against Doom during Maberry's Doomwar in much the same way as was the case against Proxima Midnight and Thanos's invading forces who were only attacking Wakanda because of T'Challa's subterfuge and Namor's thirst revenge for the decimation of Atlantis that he brought upon his own people following his genocidal attack against Wakanda during AvX.

Shuri stepped up to the plate and did her duty as Wakanda's Queen but for some unfathomable reason, some readers choose to blame her for many of the woes inflicted upon Wakanda that T'Challa caused himself due to his penchant for opening Wakanda up to the Avengers and the Illuminati at the drop of a hat.

The fact that some would rather Okoye or Nakia wear the Panther habit instead of Shuri in T'Challa's absence is just amusing to me. (Even though I'm not laughing.)

Do I want T'Challa permanently replaced?

Hell no!

But Shuri deserves her due as BP in her own right on the big screen as well, just as much as T'Challa deserves to have his full genius level intellect portrayed just like Stark and Bruce Banner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Welcome back Maj.

I thought Shuri donning the mantle in the comics was what made her finally an interesting character (in my opinion) but it worked because of how her character was set up, as someone who could have been in that ring fighting her uncle Syan had things gone a little different. It was the appropriate payoff for her character arc.

Shuri's just very different in the MCU and at the moment it does not seem like the appropriate payoff for her character, which is why I think it would come out of nowhere if it happened. Like BoW asked, what good reason is there for Shuri to be made BP other than the fact that it happened in the comics? When it happened in the comics, T'Challa was also in a coma like in the movie. The big difference is that comic Shuri had trained her whole life for it, so it wasn't just a matter of her being T'Challa's sister. She was pretty much a contingency plan. MCU Shuri isn't. And to make the ascension somewhat believable, the seeds have to be sown now. Shuri by the time she comes back needs to start training for it, she needs to show that she wants it, and she has to take it when the opportunity presents itself.
    Thanks to you, Ezyo and anyone else who welcomed me back after my hiatus . 😊