Page 280 of 744 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That is always a possibility but to do it would seem too much like a gimmick far as the MCU is concerned. Why even bother to write it up. In reference to far future of MCU Panther, naw! We recast with a different actor let them do anything else with Shuri. I rep T'challa Panther all day.
    In BP's case I don't think having a legacy character is much of a gimmick, because in his case the mantle is supposed to pass on to different people.

But there's always that question marks about legacy characters. Do you give people like Miles, Shuri, and Riri a shot or do you stick with the more proven characters like Peter, T'Challa, and Tony. Or do you split the difference and just have multiple versions of the same character. Not sure there's a right or wrong answer there. I can understand them simply recasting guys like Stark and T'CHalla when the actors move on... but I can also buy them giving the Legacy characters a shot. Since marvel movies pretty much always do well, in some ways there's less risk taking those sort of chances in movies than there are in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If I was on a mission to fight Thanos, I'd actually prefer Shuri to any warrior in Wakanda outside of T'Challa. Thanos beat the crap out of Hulk when they threw down, so you probably don't wanna go hand to hand with him. Whatever gear Shuri might bring probably would have a better shot at doing something.
    But you need H2H to win the challenge.

Asking for Shuri to be BP "eventually" is asking for T'challa's permanent death in the MCU.

There really isn't any way around that.

There ages aren't that far apart where the mantle would be passed down because he got old.

Coogler already used up the "coma/fake death/repower/redemption" card. Can't do it again. Plus he got dusted. Dude has basically died twice in 3 movie appearances.

Honestly, if you want to go the "Shuri the Queen" route, the best bet would be to have Nakia pregnant in BP2 and give T'challa an heir... and make the first born female.

Then you can get the more classic comic Shuri in BP 5 but she just wouldn't be called Shuri lol. What were those future Hudlin kids called?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Pretty much everyone here minus a few are of the mindset that Shuri should not take over. The MCU had not replaced any hero with a legacy yet, no reason to start with T'Challa
    I'm not particularly interested in the MCU's take on Shuri or that of Coates and Redjack.

The only Shuri, I have time for, is the Hudlin original who bombed the frak out of Atlantis whilst her brother was making empty threats to Namor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Asking for Shuri to be BP "eventually" is asking for T'challa's permanent death in the MCU.

There really isn't any way around that.

There ages aren't that far apart where the mantle would be passed down because he got old.

Coogler already used up the "coma/fake death/repower/redemption" card. Can't do it again. Plus he got dusted. Dude has basically died twice in 3 movie appearances.

Honestly, if you want to go the "Shuri the Queen" route, the best bet would be to have Nakia pregnant in BP2 and give T'challa an heir... and make the first born female.

Then you can get the more classic comic Shuri in BP 5 but she just wouldn't be called Shuri lol. What were those future Hudlin kids called?
    Did Shuri becoming Queen of Wakanda prevent T'Challa from becoming King again in the comics?

No, it didn't so there's no reason to expect it to be a permanent switch in the movies either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Thanks to you, Ezyo and anyone else who welcomed me back after my hiatus . ��
    Good to se you posting again Maj.

As to your earlier post. People were saying Nakia oand Okoye would better fit being BP then Shuri because MCU Shuri is just a teen still, has shown very little in terms of H2h and was clearly afraid when M'Baku approached her as well as Erik.

Now that's not to say she couldn't be groomed to be BP
    But if it were to happen it should be in the distant future (though I personally do not want this to happen, MCU I'd different from comics and how this stuff work's). I honestly think MCU Shuri currently occupies a unique space. She's the GOAT Disney princess who doesn't use magic, talk to furry animals or have some water spirit looking after her. Everything she has done is by her own making and genius. That needs expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But you need H2H to win the challenge.
    Perhaps. Though honestly regardless of who wins the challenge, Shuri would likely be the one going into space to fight Thanos in the suit. She'll effectively be the Black Panther to the people actually watching the movie.

Did Shuri becoming Queen of Wakanda prevent T'Challa from becoming King again in the comics?

No, it didn't so there's no reason to expect it to be a permanent switch in the movies either.
    Comics are different as they are constantly ongoing. A character can straight up die and cone back a couple months later. The only way Tchalla makes it back would br to "die" but not have his body turn up. Frankly, he has earned his time as Bp and should keep it since he's died twice already

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

M'Baku and any other fighter in Wakanda. Shuri doesn't have those hand to hand skills. Lol.
    A) We don't have the sample size to truly determine that.
    B) We can limit the contest to those who want to rule.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    A) We don't have the sample size to truly determine that.
    B) We can limit the contest to those who want to rule.
    She kept shooting her gauntlets even though they they were having minimal effect. Didn't move or run. Just stood there until Monger was close enough to disable them then got tossed. Nakia at least put up a fight.

Glaive breaks into the lab and she goes for the gauntlet. Doesn't work and doesn't try to throw a punch or kick.

The sample was taken. Without the tech, she ain't winning any fights.

And that's OK. I doubt Tony is winning any H2H without the armor. It's just based on the way she is portrayed, she is not suited to become or maintain being BP based on what we know one has to do.
    Last edited by Cville; 04-07-2019 at 06:28 PM.

She kept shooting her gauntlets even though they they were having minimal effect. Didn't move or run. Just stood there until Monger was close enough to disable them then got tossed. Nakia at least put up a fight.

Glaive breaks into the lab and she goes for the gauntlet. Doesn't work and doesn't try to throw a punch or kick.

And that's OK. I doubt Tony is winning any H2H without the armor. It's just based on the way she is portrayed, she is not suited to become or maintain being BP based on what we know one has to do.
    No one aside from M'Baku bothered challenging T'Challa, so it's entirely possibly Shuri wouldn't even have to fight anyone for the title. Which would be funny if that were the case, since she didn't actually need to fight in the challenge to win the mantle in the comics either.

Again though, if we're talking End Game I don't think it would even matter if she were the official Black Panther or not. They're not going to send some random Wakandan warrior into space with the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No one aside from M'Baku bothered challenging T'Challa, so it's entirely possibly Shuri wouldn't even have to fight anyone for the title. Which would be funny if that were the case, since she didn't actually need to fight in the challenge to win the mantle in the comics either.

Again though, if we're talking End Game I don't think it would even matter if she were the official Black Panther or not. They're not going to send some random Wakandan warrior into space with the Avengers.
    He was already BP for ten years. Maybe they didn't have a problem with his job performance. And Shuri did her challenge later. Right after Doomwar I think.

This isn't a comic series that is going to run for 50 years plus and reset itself to the status quo every few years.

Black Panther realistically has 3 movies with T'challa as a lead + however many Avenger type movies.

There is no time to do the "take the crown away (again) because t'challa gets nearly killed (again) and then give it back at some other date"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This isn't a comic series that is going to run for 50 years plus and reset itself to the status quo every few years.

Black Panther realistically has 3 movies with T'challa as a lead + however many Avenger type movies.

There is no time to do the "take the crown away (again) because t'challa gets nearly killed (again) and then give it back at some other date"
    If he theoretically has only 3 movies (plus whatever Avengers movies they have), isn't that a good reason to have Shuri become BP after Chadwick is done? If he's not going to lead anymore movies anyways, there's really not a whole lot lost in passing the torch.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-07-2019 at 07:21 PM.

T'challa wouldn't even tell her she ran over some random redshirt with a car.

MCU Shuri =/= classic comic Shuri.

But yeah, let's go ahead and speculate a way to kill T'challa so we can elevate Shuri!

How should he die guys? Explosion like baba? That is poetic right! Sounds awesome!

T'challa can be the first main MCU hero to lose in his own movies! SWEET!!! That sounds like a 1 billion dollar idea! I bet even 4chan would love that shit. So 2billion!

Shuri fo life! Where is RealDeal at to remake that appreciation thread for her!?