Page 282 of 744 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So I just rewatched Black Panther for the first time since it was in theaters. It's actually better than I remembered it being. Probably my biggest complaint in theaters was the CGI, which looked just fine on my television. The score is also better than I remembered (although I listened to it again for Oscar season so I already knew that). Killmonger's theme, in particular, is absolutely great and very memorable. Some of the quibbles people had, especially with W'Kabi, are founded but the movie definitely at least addresses everything even if they don't necessarily sell it.

To cycle back to the conversation we've been having with Endgame. I will say once again that I don't believe M'Baku wants to be Black Panther. I'm also not convinced he wants to rule Wakanda. He has strong beliefs and those beliefs aren't those of the rest of Wakanda. Of course, after the snap, things certainly change. I think there can be an interesting story there. But I don't really think this movie will have time to tell that story. I also generally prefer the writers and director of Black Panther to do the bulk of the Black Panther stories for now.
    I imagine that M'Baku's leadership role after Infinity War is what will jade him in Panther 2 and lead to him being the bad guy we all know in Panther 3. Just an educated guess.

So I just rewatched Black Panther for the first time since it was in theaters. It's actually better than I remembered it being. Probably my biggest complaint in theaters was the CGI, which looked just fine on my television. The score is also better than I remembered (although I listened to it again for Oscar season so I already knew that). Killmonger's theme, in particular, is absolutely great and very memorable. Some of the quibbles people had, especially with W'Kabi, are founded but the movie definitely at least addresses everything even if they don't necessarily sell it.

To cycle back to the conversation we've been having with Endgame. I will say once again that I don't believe M'Baku wants to be Black Panther. I'm also not convinced he wants to rule Wakanda. He has strong beliefs and those beliefs aren't those of the rest of Wakanda. Of course, after the snap, things certainly change. I think there can be an interesting story there. But I don't really think this movie will have time to tell that story. I also generally prefer the writers and director of Black Panther to do the bulk of the Black Panther stories for now.
    Whether or not M'Baku wants to rule Wakanda might be put to the test in End Game.

If T'Challa and Shuri are both dusted, M'Baku on paper might be the most likely person to run Wakanda. Whether or not he's willing to just hand it back to T'Challa when he returns will be in interesting question. Unless of course we get some sort of reboot where the snap didn't happen... then it's moot.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Imagine how much momentum BP2 would have if he had the highest selling solo movie of all time, the 3rd highest domestic total of all time, and won numerous awards including an oscar

and, once again, he had one of the highest, if not the highest, production budget for a solo movie.

but yeah, back to regular scheduled programming

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    MoS don't you know? None of that stuff matters, all that matters is that Tchalla didn't get a big enough part in IW and end game. That where the hype is at!
    His mere 700 mil domestic (IW was 24 mil short of this even with it being 10 years in the making), tons of record breaking, awards winning and Oscar winning, highest grossing hero of all time, and becoming a cultural event last year is all trash since he didn't get a bigger part in Avengers. All those achievements mean nothing!... Is how some would wabt you to think.

I feel like the deleted scene helped understand W'Kabi better. I think in a longer movie they make it even more clear that The Border Tribe were the people who were attacked and never were avenged. That traumatic event lead to them eventually turning on the king.

They explained it in the movie. However, the deleted scene, more time exploring the greatest attack on Wakandan soil could have really emphasized the point
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-08-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Well, Kevin Feige just confirmed it’s gonna be a long time till we see the X-Men in the MCU. In other words Carol ain’t losing her powers to Rogue in CM2 and most importantly for us, Queen Nakia in BP2.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well, Kevin Feige just confirmed it’s gonna be a long time till we see the X-Men in the MCU. In other words Carol ain’t losing her powers to Rogue in CM2 and most importantly for us, Queen Nakia in BP2.
    They don’t fit in the current mcu anyways, they need their own universe. F4 can come on down though they fit nice in the toy box.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Thank goodness for that.

I would rather see Mr Fantatstic appear in in the sequel as a classmate of T'Challa back in his college days in the United States than storm at this point.

After all, Reed is T'Challa's best friend in the comics.

It will be cool to see the F4 making their first MCU appearance in the sequel same way BP made his first appearance in a Fantastic Four comic.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-09-2019 at 01:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

^ I've said for a while that they should just have Reed Richards appear as a guest to sort of test the waters, so to speak. But I do think the no X-Men news is also no Fantastic Four news.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I imagine that M'Baku's leadership role after Infinity War is what will jade him in Panther 2 and lead to him being the bad guy we all know in Panther 3. Just an educated guess.
    I'd still argue that M'Baku's role in the first movie is perfect for him. It captures the essence of the character without the need to go any further. There's no benefit to him being a full-fledged antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I feel like the deleted scene helped understand W'Kabi better. I think in a longer movie they make it even more clear that The Border Tribe were the people who were attacked and never were avenged. That traumatic event lead to them eventually turning on the king.

They explained it in the movie. However, the deleted scene, more time exploring the greatest attack on Wakandan soil could have really emphasized the point
    I get why that was dropped. Given when the scene occurred, it would have undercut a lot of dramatic pacing. That being said, it adds a lot of detail I was able to pick up the second time through but was only hinted at. One of the big things is that the Border Tribe has to be the public-facing Wakandans. They're the ones who deal with the outside world on a far more frequent basis than anyone else. I can see why they'd have a different perspective on the world's problems.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

I'd still argue that M'Baku's role in the first movie is perfect for him. It captures the essence of the character without the need to go any further. There's no benefit to him being a full-fledged antagonist.
    Yeah, he ain't going full heel unless something major happens.

Like demonic possession or something lol.

You don't waste a whole movie building that bond... and it is a HUGE bond as Jabari were isolated for centuries and now M'baku is part of the inner circle... and hten throw it away because muh comics.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So I just rewatched Black Panther for the first time since it was in theaters. It's actually better than I remembered it being. Probably my biggest complaint in theaters was the CGI, which looked just fine on my television. The score is also better than I remembered (although I listened to it again for Oscar season so I already knew that). Killmonger's theme, in particular, is absolutely great and very memorable. .
    Does anyone know why the CGI improved for home media? Do they keep working on that stuff? Is it just the difference between a movie screen and tv screen? any ideas?

The score is superb.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I would rather see Mr Fantatstic appear in in the sequel as a classmate of T'Challa back in his college days in the United States than storm at this point.

It will be cool to see the F4 making their first MCU appearance in the sequel same way BP made his first appearance in a Fantastic Four comic.
    Hickman's book would disagree with me, but I always felt Steve was closer to T'Challa than Reed. But in the MCU, I suppose Reed being BFF's would be a better long term investment since Steve likely isn't long for this world in the MCU.

Still, I presume if the X-Men aren't in the MCUs immediate plans then neither are the FF. But yeah... maybe the third BP movie can help launch the FF. It's as good a place as any to introduce them. They would have to use a completely different story since in the MCU the FF are established first, but in the least it's a nice nod to them.

You don't waste a whole movie building that bond... and it is a HUGE bond as Jabari were isolated for centuries and now M'baku is part of the inner circle... and hten throw it away because muh comics.
    If they were hypothetically to turn M'Baku into an antagonist, I would imagine something akin to Xavier and Magneto. First Class does establish them as friends BUT they do have idealogical differenes. And those differences supercede their friendship at times. Though in the same breath, against a common threat they will come together to have each others back.

Since M'Baku and T'Challa were supposed to be best friends in comics, I think in theory that's how their relationship was always supposed to work but really only Priest ever came even close to conveying that.

Christopher Priest scheduled to appear at Raleigh SuperCon in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ruth Carter working on Coming to America 2.
    Heyyyyy, I see Thurgood back there lol.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Well, it's how the comics have made it out to be.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-09-2019 at 08:01 AM.