Page 286 of 744 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 11160
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kinda lost me a little bit there my man? I am not sure what you mean. Seems a bit contradictory.

His concept is so ridiculous, similar to Batroc, that I don't see him being anymore than a merc at best.

The thing about a similar unit to Falcon is genius though.

his concept is ridiculous.. so was Falcon. Are we going to pretend Falcon like hasn't had the lamest costume for years? The movies significantly upgraded his image for the mass population counteracting **** like his depiction in Robot Kitchen. And let's remember, Batroc was NO henchmen in CA:WS but he also was not a serious threat. He was in the movie for less than 5 minutes. I'm suggesting that while Windeagle should be a henchman, ann also be a more serious threat than Batroc was (e.g. KGBeast in Batman v Superman).

And as far as "serious threat" goes, I'm saying that he should not be a problem for T'Challa but for his non-powered subordinates (like his sister, Dora Milaje etc.) Windeagle should be a problem.

Spectacular Member

batroc, crossbones, weakened surtur, jotun monster (or lauffey for odin), kronan, nigerian mooks, koruth, battery monster thing, hydra/von strucker,

aka opening action sequence that shows off the hero, usually feature some kinda recognizable villain from the comics for an easter egg for the fans because he will get no real depth, who's real purpose is to get wrecked by the hero and make everyone in the theater excited about it
    I call them ACT one villains. They get no arc and could be swapped out for someone else without changing the plot. These are exactly the type of characters that should have been crossing over to the TV side but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    I call them ACT one villains. They get no arc and could be swapped out for someone else without changing the plot. These are exactly the type of characters that should have been crossing over to the TV side but oh well.
    Yeah, I definately agree that this is where they can try and develop some synergy between the movies and the TV shows.

It's tough to use TV heroes on the movies, because in the 2-3 years they're making the movie a TV character might be in very different place. But you don't necessarily say that about the villains. If T'Challa needs some random villain to beat up, Bushmaster or Diamond back can work. It's a nice nod to the TV shows, but the movie goers don't necessarily need to know their backstory since it's not important to the movie as a whole.

Hopefully in the future marvel will make a stronger effort to incorporate some of the TV elements into the movies. It doesn't take anything HUGE.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Windeagle would be a solid Batroc-esque dude to get beat up in the opening action sequence
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    I'd like to see Windeagle be a more serious threat (that BP can handle with relative ease but may be a problem for his subordinates). A henchmen of someone more prominent but not an simple writeoff. A current merc who was a part of the same military unit as Falcon.
    Kinda lost me a little bit there my man? I am not sure what you mean. Seems a bit contradictory.

His concept is so ridiculous, similar to Batroc, that I don't see him being anymore than a merc at best.

The thing about a similar unit to Falcon is genius though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    his concept is ridiculous.. so was Falcon. Are we going to pretend Falcon like hasn't had the lamest costume for years? The movies significantly upgraded his image for the mass population counteracting **** like his depiction in Robot Kitchen. And let's remember, Batroc was NO henchmen in CA:WS but he also was not a serious threat. He was in the movie for less than 5 minutes. I'm suggesting that while Windeagle should be a henchman, ann also be a more serious threat than Batroc was (e.g. KGBeast in Batman v Superman).

And as far as "serious threat" goes, I'm saying that he should not be a problem for T'Challa but for his non-powered subordinates (like his sister, Dora Milaje etc.) Windeagle should be a problem.
    Did some quick reading up on this Windeagle person...

So he wears an antigravity suit that uses Wakandan tech and has the same origin as Falcon's wings. We know MCU Wakanda has very efficient magnetic levitation technology so it could come from that. Shuri has also hinted at Wakanda having hover bikes.

So yes, I would be so down for an opening sequence one way of the other of T'Challa fighting a flying person using his sky bike. Hell you could use this Windeagle person as a way that T'Challa eventually upgrades Falcon's suit.

But yea, definitely gotta make Windeagle badass first though. Have him be a cross of Falcon's skill with a suit as advanced as Vulture's.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Did some quick reading up on this Windeagle person...

So he wears an antigravity suit that uses Wakandan tech and has the same origin as Falcon's wings. We know MCU Wakanda has very efficient magnetic levitation technology so it could come from that. Shuri has also hinted at Wakanda having hover bikes.

So yes, I would be so down for an opening sequence one way of the other of T'Challa fighting a flying person using his sky bike. Hell you could use this Windeagle person as a way that T'Challa eventually upgrades Falcon's suit.

But yea, definitely gotta make Windeagle badass first though. Have him be a cross of Falcon's skill with a suit as advanced as Vulture's.
    Yeah, update is obvious. Just like Batroc wasn't dancing around like an idiot lol.

Tribal guy hand-to-hand... use Death Tiger.

Tech based... Windeagle!

Piggy backing off your idea, using someone like Windeagle can open the door to a arms dealer type villain like Moses if necessary. AFter catching up to Windeagle and beating his ass, t'challa would see that it is Wakanda tech that shouldn't be out.

Could lead to Moses or could lead to someone like Achebe selling tech to create world wide problems iwth T'challa and disracting him
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-11-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Windeagle would be a solid Batroc-esque dude to get beat up in the opening action sequence
    It's tough for me. If they want to tie Windeagle to any story that hints at the Klan story, I'd like him more as a persistent threat - not the main bad guy but still someone who shows up, fucks **** up, and then disappears. If they're just using him as a generic villain, I tend to agree.

While the Panther vs. the Klan story wasn't as good the second time I read it, I'm still mad at McGregor not being able to finish it and that the story that did finish it was so terrible. Such a waste to kill off Windeagle.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah, update is obvious. Just like Batroc wasn't dancing around like an idiot lol.

Tribal guy hand-to-hand... use Death Tiger.

Tech based... Windeagle!

Piggy backing off your idea, using someone like Windeagle can open the door to a arms dealer type villain like Moses if necessary. AFter catching up to Windeagle and beating his ass, t'challa would see that it is Wakanda tech that shouldn't be out.

Could lead to Moses or could lead to someone like Achebe selling tech to create world wide problems iwth T'challa and disracting him
    That could be a good tie in for Achebe, someone had to give him the tech. Hell he could be apart of Shuris Wakandan design team of you wanted to use someone from the inside.

Next, in SECRET WARPS: GHOST PANTHER ANNUAL #1, Ewing and Daniel Kibblesmith align with Carlos Gomez and Ig Guara for Part 3, “Days of Future Mars”!

The stunt-riding cursed king of Wakanda, the Ghost Panther, heads to the far future…in the year 2099! But can he rally the inheritors of the legacy of his fellow heroes to defeat the Martian invaders? Then, read a bonus tale of T’Challa taking on creatures of the night alongside Knightblade!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Next, in SECRET WARPS: GHOST PANTHER ANNUAL #1, Ewing and Daniel Kibblesmith align with Carlos Gomez and Ig Guara for Part 3, “Days of Future Mars”!

The stunt-riding cursed king of Wakanda, the Ghost Panther, heads to the far future…in the year 2099! But can he rally the inheritors of the legacy of his fellow heroes to defeat the Martian invaders? Then, read a bonus tale of T’Challa taking on creatures of the night alongside Knightblade!
    Looks interesting. I like the Ghost White Tiger.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Lol Ii'll allow it.

Can we get enough random issues of Ghost Panther ot get a trade out of it lol?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I was kinda expecting a Wakanda series announcement from Disney at yesterday's showcase, but I'm optimistic it's coming. With the huge success of the solo film, and the fact that they will probably desire culturally diverse programming, makes a BP spin off series pretty much a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I was kinda expecting a Wakanda series announcement from Disney at yesterday's showcase, but I'm optimistic it's coming. With the huge success of the solo film, and the fact that they will probably desire culturally diverse programming, makes a BP spin off series pretty much a given.
    They might want to avoid doing a Wakanda TV series while they are still making the BP movies, since that means both may have to line up with each other. Not saying it's impossible, but it's harder for each to do their own thing. Unless it was maybe a prequal, or dealing with Wakandans outside of Wakanda. A Killmonger prequal for example could work.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    World of Wakanda Type series staring Shuri

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It was serious.

I'm fortunate to be alive.

Taking things one step at a time now and trying to stay positive.
    May the Goddess Bast continue to watch over you, keep you and give you strength on your journey to full recovery.

Pantherjack isn't listed on Disney+ show line up

the GoG and Spider-Man show are