Page 295 of 744 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The bulk of the fighting force we saw in the Battle of Wakanda was the King's Guard, the guys in the purple and gold armour wielding the sonic cannon spears and the big shields. The Border tribe warriors, the Dora Milaje and the Jabari tribe warriors were smaller parts of the total fighting force.

I'm gonna assume the King's Guard seeing the way they were positioned throughout the Golden city were in charge of its protection. They're appointed by the royal family to protect the palace and the golden city. The Dora Milaje protect the king, which is why they're the ones that travel with him (as we saw with both T'Chaka and T'Challa). The Border tribe warriors are self explanatory.

I'm also gonna assume the canon reason we didn't see the War Dogs (AKA the MCU version of the Hatut) in the battle was because they are worldwide stationed spies and Wakanda didn't have the time to start extracting all of them, including Nakia. And perhaps the real reason was that Lupita wasn't available.

I also think the way the battle was done depended on what the Russos knew about MCU Wakanda, and considering that both BP and IW were being produced very close together and Coogler was solely in charge of BP, he probably hadn't developed what he thought Wakanda going to war would be like outside of what we saw in the final battle of BP, and the Russo's just used that and increased the number of warriors in the BP fight with CGI. I'm pretty sure the fighter jets were a last minute CGI addition (which is why they were barely seen) and the war rhinos weren't even used. It wouldn't surprise me if Coogler wants to depict Wakanda going to war would possibly do more than what was shown in IW, but since his first movie wasn't about that, he didn't need to develop it at that point.

In hindsight the battle feels rushed and without weight. The film isn't about Wakanda, but some Avengers show up and pretty much force the entire nation to engage in battle, which they haven't done for centuries. We never get to see how the other Wakandans or the tribal elders feel about it, and aside from M'Baku's one comment it feels everyone just accepted it.
    We're given very little information, and that's probably a good thing as that essentially means Coogler can pretty much interpret things how he wants in regards to whether or not Wakanda as a whole just accepted what happened.

We know the Jabari tribe agreed with T'Challa. That could simply be short hand for saying Wakanda as a whole sided with their king. OR the absence of the other tribes could imply a lack of unity which Coogler could choose to play with, if he chooses. Basically the Russos left Coogler with plenty of room to interpret how Wakanda reacts to Infinity War anyway he wants to. M'Baku and the military directly under T'Challa's command standing by him is all we know, and for the purposes of an Avengers movies it's all we needed to know. Coogler can fill in any blanks he wants to fill it, or just move on from it entirely (though End Game may or may not change that).

If the sequel goes were I think it should (and hope) it does, the could be a neat addition. Though I'm not too sure how to use them in the kind of context that would get to see them don their iconic white suits. They could be compared to the SHIELD agents in the MCU, so it's to find a comparable situation were those guys show up and do something, because the War Dogs don't really matter that much as it is aside from Nakia being the one we do know.

Using them the way the comics actually did initially is also hard because they engaged in methods T'Challa didn't approve of (things like torture) and he disbanded them. But they've been reformed to soldiers and just being spies in the MCU.

Maybe as an easter egg we could see Nakia don a white suit with cloaking tech during a spy mission in the sequel. I'd be really interested in seeing them though and how the MCU does translate their suits. Afrofuturism meets Splinter Cell would be my take. A sleek white or grey suit with light armour plates similar to this with different military-esque pouches attached, and an African war mask inspired cowl with the Splinter Cell inspired goggles.
    Honestly I can't help but think the White Suits would look pretty cheesy on-screen. But we'll see.... the MCU for the most part have managed to make a lot of the comic book designes workable. Captain America suit in the first Avengers film being the glaring exception.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TBF, maybe they didn't accept it.

Kingsguard are controlled by T'challa. Doras are controlled by T'challa. All the border tribe that turned on T'challa are likely locked up, he would only have loyalists left. And M'baku was asked to come, not ordered. He came because T'challa asked.

the other tribes may have very well said no.

(headcanon of course, we will never know unless BP2 addresses it).

But, also, it is a monarchy. There job is basically to accept what they are told. The council is nothing more than group of people ot bounce ideas off of. They didn't seem to have much control over anything in the few throne room scenes we got.
    I mean sure, that's why it's monarchy and I'm not expecting the soldiers to object (they were also gonna die if Thanos one lol), but we could have at least seen M'Baku and the tribal council around when the Avengers showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I can't help but think the White Suits would look pretty cheesy on-screen. But we'll see.... the MCU for the most part have managed to make a lot of the comic book designes workable. Captain America suit in the first Avengers film being the glaring exception.
    If they make them look like these (1, 2, 3) instead of just reverse image spandex of BP's suit they certainly wouldn't look cheesy I think.

If they looked like this (minus the obtrusive knife) I'd be all for it:

But if they aren't careful, it might look more like this:

That has to be the dumbest knife placement I've ever seen lol. Where's this from? That's really more or less what I'd want it to look like (but with those sweet, sweet goggles and a bit more plating and a modern military look).

That has to be the dumbest knife placement I've ever seen lol. Where's this from? That's really more or less what I'd want it to look like (but with those sweet, sweet goggles and a bit more plating and a modern military look).
    The final issue of World of Wakanda. It’s supposed to be Kasper’s new identity with a new role but neither was expanded upon and he only appeared in what amounted to a cameo in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

The Flash show brought in Godspeed? Isn’t relatively new to the Flash mythos? Rebirth or shortly after?

The knife placement is pretty bad, but I like the overall look. I just would have preferred Kasper has been given an alternate as opposed to "White Tiger" since there was already another character with that name. Coal Tiger or even White Wolf would be fine with me.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

If they make them look like these (1, 2, 3) instead of just reverse image spandex of BP's suit they certainly wouldn't look cheesy I think.
    If you male something black or dark grey, you can get away with almost anything. White is a bit trickier.

But again, mcu has done a pretty good job for the most part. So it will probably be fine.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The Flash show brought in Godspeed? Isn’t relatively new to the Flash mythos? Rebirth or shortly after?
    DC Rebirth, yes. He's been a recurring villain and reluctant ally throughout the Rebirth-era Flash series. (The reluctance mostly comes from Barry somewhat reasonably wanting nothing to do with him after all the murderous crap he got up to in his debut arc.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I doubt we see the comic like HZ. They turned Bucky into White Wolf as an easter egg and they made the war dogs spies.

At best we may see the Kingsguard in different colors or something but the HZ just don't fit in the MCU Wakanda as currently constructed. The originally version of being a covert torture/hit squad isn't going to translate (T'chaka's legacy has been **** on enough lol) and the current version of them being basically Navy Seals or glorified bodyguards is better off letting Okoye do it or letting T'challa do it himself. Just really isn't time in 2 hours to flesh it out at all

I would almost guarantee we will see T'challa in a stealth suit in BP2 or 3 though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I doubt we see the comic like HZ. They turned Bucky into White Wolf as an easter egg and they made the war dogs spies.

At best we may see the Kingsguard in different colors or something but the HZ just don't fit in the MCU Wakanda as currently constructed. The originally version of being a covert torture/hit squad isn't going to translate (T'chaka's legacy has been **** on enough lol) and the current version of them being basically Navy Seals or glorified bodyguards is better off letting Okoye do it or letting T'challa do it himself. Just really isn't time in 2 hours to flesh it out at all

I would almost guarantee we will see T'challa in a stealth suit in BP2 or 3 though.
    Could make a good TV series. Dogs in Paris or London working to disrupt plots like the show "Alias". At the start of the show they get TV affordable suits delivered to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

I am all for that look as well for the HZ, though I was never a higher fan of the googles at least I. Current form. I'd rather they give them a African look and not a Western inspired look personally

The knife placement is fine. The drawing of it is a bit weird,The knife is suppose to be in the other direction(upside down in the front) or on the back exactly in the same position.It goes from goofy to practical by just flipping it over