Page 300 of 744 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I liked the issue overall. However, with the next issue being the conclusion to this arc I feel like we are going to get another rushed ending.

Also: spoilers:
    In regards to Eden at this point I guess it can be assumed he has become a citizen of Wakanda. If his relationship with Shuri gets serious he may even call T'Challa his brother-in-law as well one day.
    end of spoilers
    I think they have to go at least another half season to conclude this story. Though we're clearly moving more towards an end game as we're getting a clearer picture of whats going on, but they're still a long long ways from actually toppling a god with a freaking empire at his finger tips. They still have a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah lots of talking.

spoilers:
    The my king part is annoying
    end of spoilers

Alot of tell and not a lot of show. Tchalla is this great champion yet all he fights are goons and the biggest threat has been Eden and we have seen that it wasn't a curb stomp like it should of been. If Coates was smart he would of had powered generals for Tchalla to fight to raise the stakes and show why he is so dangerous.

Pretty forgettable issue
    Tchalla is Cap level in this story. He takes orders and sometimes goes a bit rouge. It's where Coates is comfortable writing characters. I think it's why he tried to do it in the first arc, but MCU overruled. Lol.

I just hope Coates isn't going to say the ending of Secret Wars is the set up for this. It's how it's looking though. But taking away anything positive is what he is good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The man was not a saint. Sometimes you gotta get dirty to keep what you value most pristine. Honestly, I can respect that. Wakanda is supposed to be that one nation unconquered by colonists for centuries. You can't do that without sending a clear message to foreigners, and neighboring nation-states that outsiders & invaders are not welcome. When folks come looking for aid, it can be tough to differentiate the truly needy from potential trouble-makers (as Achebe proved to be). Folks like Steve Rogers are few and far between. I like to believe that T'Chaka was aware that new methods would be needed as the world was changing, but he was too set in the old ways. He wanted T'Challa to be a different king than him, and be able to adjust to the ever changing world. It was telling that Hunter was raised in the old ways (and running the HZ). Hunter represents the old way of thinking. It is worth noting the difference in age between Hunter & T'Challa. Parenting styles can change with age. The birth of T'Challa probably enlightened the king to new possibilities of ruling.

T'Chaka was probably mellowing out as he got older both in comics & film (which may have aided Klaw & Zemo).

I'm thinking it was exposure to the outside world is what caused T'Challa to ban the HZ.

But damn, if the HZ was doing their job, T'Chaka might still be alive.
    I don't mind old dickhead T'chaka

Unc Syan should be around to remind us of the old dickhead Wakandans lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

for the love of Bast is this arc over with yet? I don't know why y'all are keeping the current run afloat.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    for the love of Bast is this arc over with yet? I don't know why y'all are keeping the current run afloat.
    Who's y'all? I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Tchalla is Cap level in this story. He takes orders and sometimes goes a bit rouge. It's where Coates is comfortable writing characters. I think it's why he tried to do it in the first arc, but MCU overruled. Lol.

I just hope Coates isn't going to say the ending of Secret Wars is the set up for this. It's how it's looking though. But taking away anything positive is what he is good at.
    He's way too comfortable with having Tchalla not in command. He already told his story Tchalla NOT being "awesome awesome awesome" and he just keeps on chugging along. 40+ issue's total including BP and crew. Let that sink in gone as long as Hudlin's vol 4 and nothing notable had happened... At all

It's not the conclusion. We got at least 5 more issues probably
    I should have been more clear: this particular sub-arc is ending as the last page advertises Jen Bartel coming back for the next issue which the conclusion to "The Gathering of my Name."

I also like that spoilers:
    Djalia
    end of spoilers seems to be appearing again. I always liked that concept and I'm glad it has not been forgotten.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Who's y'all? I don't buy it.
    Not you fam. I know you’re a real one just speaking broadly.
    The J-man

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I would say no to Hickman. No panther tears, no more empty threats, and no T'Chaka ain't sh!t scenes, please.
    I agree with us. I see Hickman doing as bad as Coates. I mean most of the negative stuff Coates has done was based on Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I mean most of the negative stuff Coates has done was based on Hickman.
    I'mma need an explanation on that one.

And Hickman as bad as Coates? I swear sometimes y'all latch on to 3 things in 5 years and forget the other 60 issues.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Hickman didn't do anything good for Wakanda or T'Challa creatively outside of giving him some cool fight scenes with his tech, with Black Dwarf and the IG.

But than Hickman undid everything like it never happened and Coates somehow didn't get this and just pulled random stuff from Hickman's run like Shuri's death.

Anyway the king is back. Enjoy!

The J-man

Hickman didn't do anything good for Wakanda or T'Challa creatively outside of giving him some cool fight scenes with his tech, with Black Dwarf and the IG.
    Disclaimer: I don't like everything Hickman did, not even close.

- He made Wakanda militarily formidable again beating back the Black Order
    - He had some of the best Shuri development since Deadliest of the Species
    - He actually made T'challa important to the MU as a whole. Somehting very few writers have done
    - T'challa was actually written brain wise to be on par with Reed
    - He repowered and retitled T'challa in two issues after years of him being a non powered phony
    - He basically brought back vibranium on the downlow
    - He was mostly written, attitude wise, to be like Priest's version. Close to the chest, arrogant/confident, secretive to a fault, mature. MOSTLY Even his breakdown was similar to T'challa loosing his cool due to Ross's bitching at the resurrection altar
    - Some awesome, memorable quotes lol
    - putting the knife where it belonged was a great moment. both namor fights were. (it was the ressurection that was the problem)
    - stuff like weilding the guantlet, building the life raft, coming up with the plan to defeat doom where high end, very important to the marvel universe feats he never gets.

Honestly, in team books, I accept some OOC moments due to the nature of it. Some stuff he did for plot reasons don't relaly jive with "my tchalla" but I understand why he did (like not telling Shuri what was going on being my biggest gripe). Some moments needed tweaked (the cry doesn't bother me as much as others but I think you could tweak it to make it better, ditto with the fight with Doom).

the only pure miss, IMO, was bringing Namor back and then squashing the beef off panel during a time skip. That was one of those plot things that made no sense in context of the story.

JMO of course.

But than Hickman undid everything like it never happened and Coates somehow didn't get this and just pulled random stuff from Hickman's run like Shuri's death.

The tangible good Hickman did to BP and Wakanda was to simply give them the spotlight. It's easy to forget that Hickman isn't actually a BP writer... he was an Avengers writer that decided to put a good deal of spotlight on a character that was clearly on the rise. This was the first and only real attempt at making BP one of the main characters in a major company wide cross over.

But there's a double edged sword to being put in that position. Look at Iron Man from Civil War or Captain Marvel from Civil War 2 or Cyclops from AvX or Captain America from Secret Empire. Being a main character often comes at the expense of being put through the ringer. T'Challa being on the side lines can the effect of "protecting" T'Challa and Wakanda (though that's not ALWAYS true) ... if Wakanda isn't in the story, nothing bad will happen to it. But if you put Wakanda in a story, you're putting a bullseye on it. And the same is often true for Asgard or Atlantis.

That's the moneys paw of a character being used more, particularly in high profile positions. When you look at all the major players in major marvel events, from Iron Man to Cap to Cyclops, you can start seeing that pattern. BP and Captain Marvel are fairly new to being that position, and they arguably experienced it right out of the gate.

Ultimate Member

It's called trade sales.
    It's called being the top selling male minority super hero seller especially on Amazon.

That is why this is still going.

And something good today-

A student at my school had a class project. The class was making custom lids for containers or trash cans. He made one.

It featured every Red ranger from MMPR to Power Rangers Super Mega Force.
    The heroes NOT named Finn from Star Wars.
    The Marvel movie universe with Black Panther along the side. Man they all looked like their movie versions.
    Not one person from DC.

All drawn and colored by hand.

Honestly? There's only 3 things that should of been rectified. 1 BP vs BD should of been on panel. 2 Tchalla should of killed Namor (especially since JA mentioned on the Avengers story having Namor throw that at T'Challa)
    And BP vs Doom should of ended the same way EXCEPT Tchalla should of been standing in defiance and Doom should of looked a little bloodier.

Honorable mention would be when Maximus is giving that whole speech to swan about the difference between heroes and Kings, Hickman should of showed BB, BP, and Namor defeating their opponents.

Otherwise most other stuff was fine. The crying was just dumb but w/e. Wakanda had to be attacked 3 times with thanos full army, all his he generals and he himself had to show up in order to take it down. Despite losing, that shows just how strong Wakanda is