Page 303 of 744 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The evidence was in the tea leaves. Russos said it was about the original 7. BP's producer tried to get him undested they didn't let it happen. Even Chadwick was trying to drop hints on the DL.
    I remember saying the Russos/Marvel/et al would treat the success of BP as a happy fluke and not change anything except maybe give bigger budgets to BP sequels. When Feige said he wanted Carol at the forefront of the new phase I knew how they really felt about BP. And its messed up but its life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I remember saying the Russos/Marvel/et al would treat the success of BP as a happy fluke and not change anything except maybe give bigger budgets to BP sequels. When Feige said he wanted Carol at the forefront of the new phase I knew how they really felt about BP. And its messed up but its life.
    They had no chance to react to the success

We wont know this until next series of movies if they are going to consider it a fluke or capitalize on his popularity. Given the merch push, I think money is going to talk in this instance. The real question, IMO, is whether they think the BP franchise is a fluke for Black Characters in general. meaning, are they going to target the same demographic with more black solo movies... or just assume BP is the draw and not "black superheroes."

Carol got the same treatment bp got in iw... in all advertising, barely in the movie. She isn't the boogey (wo)man.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-27-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Given they were making Infinity War almost the same time as Black Panther, they probably couldn't change a whole lot even if they wanted too.

We'll probably get a better idea of how hard they push BP after End Game. With no Iron Man and Captain America around, I think he's in a pretty good position to get some spotlight if they're still doing these big Avenger stories.

Lol y'all complaining again. Just like y'all complaining that MCU fans think the black panther movie was overrated. That's how it is when his solo movie is actually a stealth killmonger movie where he doesnt get to be a superhero who does superhero shit. T'Challa's most iconic moment is getting thrown off a waterfall by the character the audience preferred to him.

Im just sitting back and laughing.

Incredible Member

An old french cover of Black Panther's first apparition by the late Jean Frisano:

Attachment 81703

Edit stupid phone
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-27-2019 at 01:05 PM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Lol y'all complaining again. Just like y'all complaining that MCU fans think the black panther movie was overrated. That's how it is when his solo movie is actually a stealth killmonger movie where he doesnt get to be a superhero who does superhero shit. T'Challa's most iconic moment is getting thrown off a waterfall by the character the audience preferred to him.

Naw, ur sitting back complaining

Been 2 complaints in like 4 pages and one is you

Most of us knew what was coming in end game

Incredible Member

Laugh at 1.3 billion hater

Incredible Member

MCU fan's who think BP was overrated a bunch a racist cucks

BANNED

Black Panther sold organically much more then CM, Iron man and Cap. Black panther is more like the first Avengers film than any other Marvel film. In that it was so big no one saw it coming. look at BP theater count in compareion to IW, CM and Endgame. They all have 350 to 650 more theaters. This mean Disney didn't truly believe in BP to push it as hard as CM. This also means Black Panther boxoffice numbers could have been even bigger. I think BP will play a big role in the next Team up film because it would be too obvious they are bais if not. History may tell us where this will end up, but Endgame is over now lets see if they are "fair" and let the money and fans naturely and organically tell them who should have big roles in team up films.

The critically acclaimed Marvel epic currently sits at 96 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, giving it the second-best score of any MCU installment behind Black Panther (97 percent). Both were awarded an A+ CinemaScore.
    Still the king

Russo's said they wish they didn't film IW and end game back to back because of BPs success, and they would of explored Wakanda more had they known. Disney loves money, no way are they going to be dumb enough to treat BP as a happy fluke. And they had been saying that about Carol before BP debuted, so it's not like they said that after his movie crushed everything else to dust

That's cute.
    Ur cute

Ultimate Member

Laugh about this

1.346 billion WORLD WIDE and would STILL make a billion with China.

We all know the last 2 Avenger films were made at the same time as Panther. No one was going to redo an entire film just him or Carol.

The real question, IMO, is whether they think the BP franchise is a fluke for Black Characters in general. meaning, are they going to target the same demographic with more black solo movies... or just assume BP is the draw and not "black superheroes."
    Well lets see...

I have a 1.346 billion Black Panther movie.
    His trades including spinoffs are KILLING IT on Amazon. He is the top selling black hero for all comics.
    He had not one but 2 toy lines.
    He had merchandise made that SOLD.
    Despite not coming from a REAL country-you had a film evoke black pride and had folks going to black business looking for stuff.
    In fact you had black folks DRESS up like they were going to church for this film.
    When it was discovered Shuri was snapped-SHE trended on Twitter for hours.
    So did Okeye when she was MIA on a certain poster.
    Michael B Jordan had to go to COUNSELING over this movie. It saved his career after so many wanted him GONE because of a Fox movie.

Black Panther is not a fluke. You ask WHY is he the draw? Who else is doing ANYTHING?

Your Distinguished competition is NOT doing ANYTHING.
    Aside from DVDs where is Black Lightning & Vixen MERCHANDISE?
    They have made it CLEAR they don't care about black superheroes.

Exuding Marvel folks-Panther has no competition. Right now Marvel has black heroes on lock it they choose to. Don't let Riri nor Moon Girl let alone Shuri sniff a modestly budgeted film.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Sorry guys, I ducked out of this thread until I could be sure I'd avoid getting spoiled for Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    OMW, Coates actually advanced the plot in BP11

Bout damn time.

He went back to his roots of just talking the whole issue lol
    It look a literal Deus Ex Machina to do it

I'm going to comment briefly on the ending of the movie to tie back to a conversation we had previously:

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I feel like there was a missed opportunity to have Shuri spoilers:
    be involved in figuring out time travel and the time travel device. Stark, Rocket, and Shuri in the same room would have been dynamite on screen. It also would have given Wakanda a reason to be involved if it meant a way to get their king and people back. It is obvious they didn't want anyone outshining Stark/Banner in the genius department since the movie was about the O6 but still felt it was a missed opportunity. Snapping her off screen was stupid. She did nothing in the final battle at all
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Shuri was in combat in the end (not in traditional Black Panther hand-to-hand combat, of course). But there is a big reason why she had to die in the snap - we didn't want her to age five years. If she had survived the snap, they would have to aged her up in the future.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?