Page 304 of 744 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 11160

I saw Endgame today. Regarding T'challa:

spoilers:
    Yes, he only gets a few scenes. But then again, so does Captain Marvel, who is absent for most of the movie.
    end of spoilers

But I'm OK with what we got, especially since:

spoilers:
    The Wakandan army looked badass, and Okoye and Shuri got stuff to do too.
    end of spoilers

Furthermore:

spoilers:
    The shots at the end of Wakanda at night were GORGEOUS.
    end of spoilers

So, I'm OK with what we got. It was an Avengers movie, and the originals got the spotlight, as it should be.

Now, bring on Black Panther: Enemy Of The State!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I saw Endgame today. Regarding T'challa:

spoilers:
    Yes, he only gets a few scenes. But then again, so does Captain Marvel, who is absent for most of the movie.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It shouldn't be a one vs. other debate, but hopefully that screentime breakdown will make clear that this movie was about the original Avengers, not the later characters. So Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man did not get a lot of time.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Sorry guys, I ducked out of this thread until I could be sure I'd avoid getting spoiled for Endgame.

It look a literal Deus Ex Machina to do it

I'm going to comment briefly on the ending of the movie to tie back to a conversation we had previously:

spoilers:

Shuri was in combat in the end (not in traditional Black Panther hand-to-hand combat, of course). But there is a big reason why she had to die in the snap - we didn't want her to age five years. If she had survived the snap, they would have to aged her up in the future.
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, I think the reason why Wakanda wasn't involved is because they wanted to treat what they were doing as a hail mary, one shot or else kind of thing. Having the institutional support of the most advanced nation on the planet goes against that

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, I think the reason why Wakanda wasn't involved is because they wanted to treat what they were doing as a hail mary, one shot or else kind of thing. Having the institutional support of the most advanced nation on the planet goes against that
    I think by minimizing Wakanda, it sort of gives Coogler more freedom to pretty much take Wakanda in whatever direction he wants for the next film rather than incorporating any bits of it we see in the Avengers movie. A pretty big shake up occured in Wakanda (and everywhere else in the universe for that matter), and Coogler MIGHT wanna use that, or he might not. Getting next to nothing means Coogler can deal with it any way he wants, or even to essentially ignore the Avengers stuff.

I remember the Aquaman movie basically having to ignore everything we saw of Atlantis in the Justice League movie for example as it didn't fit the direction they were going. For this sort of thing, less can be a good thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think by minimizing Wakanda, it sort of gives Coogler more freedom to pretty much take Wakanda in whatever direction he wants for the next film rather than incorporating any bits of it we see in the Avengers movie. A pretty big shake up occured in Wakanda (and everywhere else in the universe for that matter), and Coogler MIGHT wanna use that, or he might not. Getting next to nothing means Coogler can deal with it any way he wants, or even to essentially ignore the Avengers stuff.

I remember the Aquaman movie basically having to ignore everything we saw of Atlantis in the Justice League movie for example as it didn't fit the direction they were going. For this sort of thing, less can be a good thing.
    That too. We don't know what transpired while T'Challa was gone

Incredible Member

Any news on BP2?

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    That Wakanda shot was Beautiful
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    spoilers:
    That Wakanda shot was Beautiful
    end of spoilers
    I agree.

spoilers:
    I've been searching for it on YouTube. YouTube has several other scenes from the movie, except that one.
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

T’Challa got as much screen time as I expected with a cool action scene.

spoilers:
    To me, the Wakandan army looked more impressive in that shot than they did in IW mostly because they had the ships out and visible unlike IW where I didn’t notice them until someone pointed it out in a gif. Would have liked to have seen some Wakandan tanks tho. That shot of Wakanda at the end was beautiful and it looked like they got even more advanced in the last 5yrs.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    In those five years without King T'Challa, who do you think ruled over Wakanda as king or queen? I am personally leaning toward Ramonda (assuming the MCU version of the character is of royal blood and was not challenged by M'Baku) to make it easier for someone wanting to yield the throne and to avoid a retread of Challenge Day ceremony.
    end of spoilers

Probably the tribal council

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Probably the tribal council
    That's the cool thing about End Game not really supplying any answers.... gives Coogler the freedom to fill in the blanks however he wants. He's not forced into going with whatever the Russos made up.

It is an interesting question though. Ramonda is probably the easy answer if Coogler doesn't want to milk the situation for any drama.

I wonder if they gave Okoye "Earthquake in the Atlantic Ocean" line for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    spoilers:
    In those five years without King T'Challa, who do you think ruled over Wakanda as king or queen? I am personally leaning toward Ramonda (assuming the MCU version of the character is of royal blood and was not challenged by M'Baku) to make it easier for someone wanting to yield the throne and to avoid a retread of Challenge Day ceremony.
    end of spoilers
    I would just ignore this honestly,

spoilers:
    that way everyone who didn't see Infinity War and Endgame can still appreciate BP 2 and not feel lost. Doesn't really dd anything
    end of spoilers
    The J-man

spoilers:
    I'm not sure who ran the country, either. Ramonda or the Council are good bets. Whoever they were, they clearly kept on good terms with the outside world, though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I wonder if they gave Okoye "Earthquake in the Atlantic Ocean" line for a reason.
    Now that is a good question...

spoilers:
    After all, we all know what lies at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
    end of spoilers