Page 307 of 744 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It isn't Coogler's fault the Russos put no real effort into using it creatively.

I think there were five instances of using the redistribution in BP:

- exploding the car... cool

- ground pound AOE... cool

- killmonger breaking free from DM... cool

- t'challa blowing back all the border tribe after the rhino knocked him silly... cool

- t'challa/killmonger simultaneously blasting each other... not as cool but I see the point.

Russos on other hand...

YOU GET A PURPLE EXPLOSION! YOU GET A PURPLE EXPLOSION! EVERYONE GETS A PURPLE EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I too find it odd that Coogler is getting flak for the Russo's lack of creativity. They took the most basic form of it and spammed it over and over. The same thing would of happened if he introduced the daggers instead. Sure in BP we would see how versatile they were, taking down helicopters or dragonflyers, electrocuting a bunch of goons, slicing through metal like hot butter, etc. But the same thing would of happened in IW. They would of shown Tchalla swinging around the mini lightsabers in a basic fashion.

Also find it funny that the claim is that it makes Tchalla look like everyone else when in fact it makes him actually makes him the strongest of the supersoldier classed heroes. Due to being able to fight above that very clearly established power scale

BP 10- 21,449

Shuri 6- 12,864

Killmonger 5- 9,356

avengers 16- 48, 984

Avengers 17- 47,345

big ooooof lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeansun101 View Post
    black panther is known for more then his suit. top 10 smartest in the MU
    Maybe, but my point is that he's got it a 20 second scene in a fight. Odds are he will use gis signature ability in that 20 second scene. If this were a BP movie rather than an Avengers movie we can obviously expect more.

Shuri for example is THE smartest person in the mcu. But in her 2 seconds of screen time, we just saw her shooting with her gauntlets. If they tried showcasing every single character so everything they can this would be a 10 hour movie.

Just read a interview from the screen writers on Newsrama.They basically confirm that Black Panther and Captain Marvel aren't in the movie more because they didn't have enough to react to the popularity. A little disappointing but not too suprising a little more time and they would have integrated them better.

BP 10- 21,449

Shuri 6- 12,864

Killmonger 5- 9,356

avengers 16- 48, 984

Avengers 17- 47,345

big ooooof lol
    Wow. Those are, like, old Carol numbers .

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Just read a interview from the screen writers on Newsrama.They basically confirm that Black Panther and Captain Marvel aren't in the movie more because they didn't have enough to react to the popularity. A little disappointing but not too suprising a little more time and they would have integrated them better.
    I can believe it for BP because they literally had ZERO time and didn't know how much of an event or how many records and glass ceilings BP would shatter (totally called it though in the OG BP thread but I digress) so it makes sense and the Russo's expressed as much for the missed opportunity in filming the movies back to back. However, I don't buy it for CM as much because they had been making claims to her being a huge deal long before her debut, before Tchallas as well so that one is a little more of a stretch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Please, Old Carol would probably cry tears of joy for 21K sold by what... issue 3? lol

If they are gonna let Coates finish his "5 year story," it is gonna likely take another relaunch......

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Please, Old Carol would probably cry tears of joy for 21K sold by what... issue 3? lol

If they are gonna let Coates finish his "5 year story," it is gonna likely take another relaunch......
    And the trades still sell pretty well, or so I've read from Skyvolt, so irregardless of print sales I think Marvel might keep Coates even if they relaunch Black Panther again.

BP 10- 21,449

Shuri 6- 12,864

Killmonger 5- 9,356

avengers 16- 48, 984

Avengers 17- 47,345

big ooooof lol
    Don't worry. I'm sure Marvel Editorial will find some sort of stunt to artificially boost the numbers for a month or two.

Meanwhile, as the movie has dropped, and there really isn't much BP-related material in it to talk about, I think I'm going to go back to lurking for a while, at least until some news about BP2 starts to come out.

When that happens, I'll be back, although possibly with a renamed account.

It's what happens when the writer's are more concerned about the message ™ then actually about the characters in question. When you have to drastically change how a character would approach a situation to move your plot along (or give characters zero personality and just fill pages with fluff) people bounce. We are so far into this story and barely anything of note has been done

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Don't worry. I'm sure Marvel Editorial will find some sort of stunt to artificially boost the numbers for a month or two.

Meanwhile, as the movie has dropped, and there really isn't much BP-related material in it to talk about, I think I'm going to go back to lurking for a while, at least until some news about BP2 starts to come out.

When that happens, I'll be back, although possibly with a renamed account.
    This about the time when it would be good if Redjack came in with good news like a S2 of Panther quest or news of his own BP ongoing... Need to add Redjack signal as well as the BoG signal when you guys are needed lol

And the trades still sell pretty well, or so I've read from Skyvolt, so irregardless of print sales I think Marvel might keep Coates even if they relaunch Black Panther again.
    Lol, whoa...don't say things like that. A shiver just shot down my spine! If Marvel is going to have this character reach the higher levels of popularity in the comics they have to get a better, more dynamic and creative writer for T'challa's book.

Anyone got Coogler's number? I need to call him and tell him to ignore a few things about Endgame
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeansun101 View Post
    black panther is known for more then his suit. top 10 smartest in the MU
    In the MCU tho ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Anyone got Coogler's number? I need to call him and tell him to ignore a few things about Endgame
    Please continue this though process

Any discussion is better than going down the kareem racist talk route lol